Fighting against the odd (thanos)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Beyonder, bored, wanting to see a challenge decides to make a deal with Thanos. He tells thanos that if he defeat one of the most powerful team in existence he would grant him the gems a second time so that he can conquer the galaxy/universe.

Thanos grinning ask who is the team that he'll be fighting, beyonder tells him that its a team from a different universe, a team that you have no idea on there powers and abilities.

Thanos accepts the challenge. He doesnt have to get a 10/10, he just have to pull a majority.
The team is the jla and it consist of:

Superman
Wonder woman
Martian manhunter
Kyle (gl)
Flash
Orion (w/o the astro force)
Red tornado

Will Thanos suceed knowing in the back of his head the prize that he'll get IF he suceeds?

Raoul
he has no prep at all?

carver9
Originally posted by Raoul
he has no prep at all?

No, just an encounter but he does have enough time to put up a defense due to the .5 kilo distance.

Raoul
Originally posted by carver9
No, just an encounter but he does have enough time to put up a defense due to the .5 kilo distance.

oh, right... ermm

Digi
I could see Kal and Flash giving him holy hell. Can any of the others actually harm him seriously though?

TricksterPriest
Are you kidding me? Orion? Kyle? Wondy? All of those 3 can contribute. Martian too, though his abilities might be less useful. Don't know what Reddy's doing here though.

In any case, Thanos is outgunned. He's losing this 10/10.

Philosophía
Team stomp.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos Stomp you mean.... When so many others have wrecked the JLA by themselves you think this is a stomp. I know you wank DC phil but come on. Fact is many have done it before Thanos so by no means is this a stomp. It's a good fight with Thanos pulling a slight majority.

WW,MM, Kyle and Tornado are dealt with easily and quickly. Flash and Supes and Orion are left at that point. Thanos does have PC abilities along with Genius intellect which would mean weakness would be found. Thus Supes does down hard. Leaving Flash and Orion.... Neither of those two can put the mad titan down and would be dealt with. It's so funny how so many people have wrecked the jla before... Konvict, Shaggy, DD etc etc and yet Thanos won't... haha. The team will get some wins for sure but thanos will pull the slight slight majority needed.

Philosophía
I normally don't read/adress this kind of post(s)/ers but this is too funny to pass..

You go from:

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos Stomp you mean

to:

It's a good fight with Thanos pulling a slight majority.

then back to:

WW,MM, Kyle and Tornado are dealt with easily and quickly. Flash and Supes and Orion are left at that point. Thanos does have PC abilities along with Genius intellect which would mean weakness would be found. Thus Supes does down hard. Leaving Flash and Orion.... Neither of those two can put the mad titan down and would be dealt with.

then back again to:

The team will get some wins for sure but thanos will pull the slight slight majority needed.

..in one post.

haermm

D_Dude1210
His posting skeels don't take away from the fight that Thanos can pull a slight majority here. The team will need to figure out how to pierce Thanos' shield before Thanos 1-2 shots em all.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well clearly, I gave the team its due after the intial stomp I said. So, you quote me and try to use that against me. I said stomp to go against your stomp that you put down which is a joke. So, there was no going back on anything. I said what I did.. then thought about it and wanted to be more fair and less bias unlike you.

So, tell me Phil....

Please lets the players that have wrecked the JLA before all alone.... Your an expert and I already listed some. So, your saying Thanos isn't on their level and couldn't do the same and it's a stomp.. How so when others have done so?

xJLxKing

Digi
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Are you kidding me? Orion? Kyle? Wondy? All of those 3 can contribute. Martian too, though his abilities might be less useful. Don't know what Reddy's doing here though.

Eh. Seems like a lot of them, particularly WW without full armor set, are just going to be one or two-shot fodder, considering what he does to others at their level.

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Any ways, Hal is a powerful GL now.

it's kyle

xJLxKing
Crap, it is Kyle. Hmmm, I don't like him. Well, I think the team can still take Majority if they work as a team, with full power.

Wei Phoenix

D_Dude1210

Flash can try and still Thanos Speed.

Too bad he can't really do anything with it since he ain't even gonna bust thru Thanos' shield.

MM will attack using his telepathy, and shapeshifting.

Seriously? MM will try and use telepathy on Thanos. When has TP ever worked on Thanos??

Superman will be the tank, and defender; same goes with Orion.

And be promptly pimp slapped by Thanos' might gloved pimp hand.

The other will just attack from the sides.

And be useless from almost any side.

If they break through his "shield", he loses.

They're not going to.

xJLxKing
Hmmm, where did I say it will affect his shield. It's suppose to affect his speed. That way, he won't be hitting Superman, Orion, or WW.

When you are getting attack by Superman, Orion, WW, MM, and Flash, It's hard to think. Also, I said try. I know Telapathy wont work.

That's IF he hits Superman. Unlikely.

Okay! eek!

D_Dude1210
Hmmm, where did I say it will affect his shield. It's suppose to affect his speed. That way, he won't be hitting Superman, Orion, or WW.

When you are getting attack by Superman, Orion, WW, MM, and Flash, It's hard to think. Also, I said try. I know Telapathy wont work.

That's IF he hits Superman. Unlikely.

Okay! eek!

They're not busting thru his shield for a while.

Giving Thanos a while means giving him some time to prep against them.

Thanos with prep = death to all. big grin

Edit. Also, I'm sure Thanos' shield will prevent any type of speed stealing from happening.

Juntai
Orion without the astroforce?
ITS PART OF HIS BEING.

Juntai
Team wins, btw.

Juntai

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Juntai
Orion without the astroforce?
ITS PART OF HIS BEING.

Prep is part of Thanos' being too! stick out tongue

Juntai
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Prep is part of Thanos' being too! stick out tongue Orion pretty much is the astroforce. It's like saying Galactus without the power cosmic, such a character simply doesn't exist.

Lord Feron
Beyonder, bored, wanting to see a challenge decides to make a deal with Thanos. He tells thanos that if he defeat one of the most powerful team in existence he would grant him the gems a second time so that he can conquer the galaxy/universe.

Thanos grinning ask who is the team that he'll be fighting, beyonder tells him that its a team from a different universe, a team that you have no idea on there powers and abilities.

Thanos accepts the challenge. He doesnt have to get a 10/10, he just have to pull a majority.

Superman
Wonder woman
Martian manhunter
Kyle (gl)
Flash
Red tornado

Will Thanos suceed knowing in the back of his head the prize that he'll get IF he suceeds?

Um... I don't see the team winning without some crazy exotic bs.

Anyone tries to go cqc with him i.e. Supes, wondy, MM (cuz his mental powers aint doing jack here) will get owned in close combat. Orion if he has his sheilds up will last longer but not indefinitely.

Im sorry if Thanos can dodge Silver surfer at FTL speeds far exceeding more than what Flash can do is not doing much here besides being a diversion. Your gonna have to be runner fast to beat him with speed. Flash can go for the speedforce dump i can see that working maybe...

RT..well yea.. anyway..

Kyle imo is a threat here if he does like I said before some crazy exotic bs he could seriously help his team FTW.

Thanos takes the majority here.

Raoul
Originally posted by Juntai
Team wins, btw.

golem370
Just on Thanos standing with Depowered Tyrant who had beaten Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill & Morg. Thanos stood with Depowered Tyrant for awhile.

KuRuPT Thanosi
How was my post funny? I explained it quite clearly. I was saying Thanos stomp to those that were saying Thanos gets stomped. Yet wanted to give them more credit then that and be less bias then others and maintained it would be a good fight throughout. I see Phil dodge the question about listing the other people that have wrecked the JLA before and how that was so easy and yet Thanos couldn't do it.. I got no answer.

Wei Phoenix
How was my post funny? I explained it quite clearly. I was saying Thanos stomp to those that were saying Thanos gets stomped. Yet wanted to give them more credit then that and be less bias then others and maintained it would be a good fight throughout. I see Phil dodge the question about listing the other people that have wrecked the JLA before and how that was so easy and yet Thanos couldn't do it.. I got no answer.

It's funny because of contradiction. You can't stomp someone that you can only get a slight majority over. That's like me saying that Juggernaut stomps Thor, but Thor does have many ways of winning outside of physical force.

Kris Blaze
Team pulls through here. Actually they look pretty outgunned, but teamwork counts for something when there's 1 against 7.

Red Tornado is useless. Inb4unimpressiveGrundyfight. "Zomfg, his tornado killed grundy" Yeah, wind isn't affect Thanos.

Enyalus
Meh, I could see this going either way. Most of the team get one-two shotted. There's not really any big one-on-one threats. The mix of speed and teamwork are why I can see this going to the JLA though.

tkitna
I'm giving the slight majority to Thanos. What we're forgetting is how bad he really wants those gems. He's a team wrecker and this team will also fall more often then not.

Mshinu
Thanos for the majority picking them off one ny one.

Slaanesh
Thanos for majority..Flash is the only problem..

basilisk
The JLA are in for a hard time here. At least Thanos has no prep so I'm assuming he can't call on his various pieces of tech, but the JLA are hampered by no Batman (for tactics), Orion not getting his astro force for some reason, Kyle, and Red Tornado (assuming this is current RT). They could do with Hal, Zatanna, and some extra heavy hitters.

I'd say the JLA get smashed in the first couple of fights, as they often do against new powerful foes. Supes would face-first into his fist instead of using his superspeed to avoid every blow. WW would be beaten down. MM would try TP and get mindraped. Kyle's fancy manga constructs would get wrecked. Orion would wonder what the hell happened to his a/f. Flash would fight like a tard.

Then they might be able to start getting his measure, as they also have a tendency to do. Supes, WW, MM, Flash would go into their superspeed fight mode, where Thanos would appear an unmoving statue. Flash might be able to steal Thanos' speed (well, what little he has). Thanos wouldn't even be able to see them or their attacks. They would possibly get the lasso around him (not sure it would work on him). MM uses his TP to connect the team rather than to attack. Thanos might start slowly getting beaten down.

I might give JLA the slight majority. If you had Batman using MM's mind link to provide tactics, Hal, a/f Orion, Zatanna, and Firestorm instead of RT, I'd give them more.

gogogadgetgo

Superman
Wonder woman
Martian manhunter
Kyle (gl)
Flash
Red tornado

thanos would take the large majority if not 10/10 stomp. he'd pimp slap superman and wonder woman and manhunter just like he did thor and thing. then he'd proceed to ripping flash, red tornado and kyle to pieces. then he'd shove his boot up orion's bunghole.

thanos 10/10

Parmaniac
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
thanos would take the large majority if not 10/10 stomp. he'd pimp slap superman and wonder woman and manhunter just like he did thor and thing. then he'd proceed to ripping flash, red tornado and kyle to pieces. then he'd shove his boot up orion's bunghole.

thanos 10/10

your really putting thing on one scale with Supes, WW or MM?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by basilisk
The JLA are in for a hard time here. At least Thanos has no prep so I'm assuming he can't call on his various pieces of tech, but the JLA are hampered by no Batman (for tactics), Orion not getting his astro force for some reason, Kyle, and Red Tornado (assuming this is current RT). They could do with Hal, Zatanna, and some extra heavy hitters.

I'd say the JLA get smashed in the first couple of fights, as they often do against new powerful foes. Supes would face-first into his fist instead of using his superspeed to avoid every blow. WW would be beaten down. MM would try TP and get mindraped. Kyle's fancy manga constructs would get wrecked. Orion would wonder what the hell happened to his a/f. Flash would fight like a tard.

Then they might be able to start getting his measure, as they also have a tendency to do. Supes, WW, MM, Flash would go into their superspeed fight mode, where Thanos would appear an unmoving statue. Flash might be able to steal Thanos' speed (well, what little he has). Thanos wouldn't even be able to see them or their attacks. They would possibly get the lasso around him (not sure it would work on him). MM uses his TP to connect the team rather than to attack. Thanos might start slowly getting beaten down.

I might give JLA the slight majority. If you had Batman using MM's mind link to provide tactics, Hal, a/f Orion, Zatanna, and Firestorm instead of RT, I'd give them more.

Wait Wait what are the offical kmc rules for this....

Is this viewed as a progressive fight where they start to learn an adapt after each fight like how this poster is claiming? I thought it was a brand new fight everytime and who would win the most out of ten. What are the rules as clearly maybe I'm mistaken.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Enyalus
Meh, I could see this going either way. Most of the team get one-two shotted. There's not really any big one-on-one threats. The mix of speed and teamwork are why I can see this going to the JLA though.

Probable, though i still give thanos the majority due to his durability and output

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Parmaniac
your really putting thing on one scale with Supes, WW or MM?

why yes, yes i am, so what of it? stick out tongue eek!

leonidas
Originally posted by Enyalus

thumb up

Tshern
Remember what Runner did to Thanos? We're talking about Flash here and depending on his incarnation, he might pull off a similar treatment.

Anyway, Superman has durability feats on par with anything Thanos can throw at him and although I find the team utterly uncool, they'd still win this more often than not.

Ouallada
Wait Wait what are the offical kmc rules for this....

Is this viewed as a progressive fight where they start to learn an adapt after each fight like how this poster is claiming? I thought it was a brand new fight everytime and who would win the most out of ten. What are the rules as clearly maybe I'm mistaken.

It should not be a progressive situation. Every fight should be a clean slate with repetitive environmental conditions. I can see certain fights (involving Doomsday, for example) that are progressive, but those should be specified in the OP.

Originally posted by Tshern
Remember what Runner did to Thanos? We're talking about Flash here and depending on his incarnation, he might pull off a similar treatment.

Very arguable usage of the space gem, though.

thanos-prime

Anyway, Superman has durability feats on par with anything Thanos can throw at him and although I find the team utterly uncool, they'd still win this more often than not. yes but the flash has no knowledge of thanos so he wont fight smart

Tshern
Originally posted by thanos-prime
yes but the flash has no knowledge of thanos so he wont fight smart
....yeah. It takes a huge load of intelligence for Flash to run fast and use IMP to against Thanos. What else is he going to do than speedblitz?

thanos-prime
....yeah. It takes a huge load of intelligence for Flash to run fast and use IMP to against Thanos. What else is he going to do than speedblitz? ok what is stopping thanos from mind rapping him.or turning him into stone.

Tshern
ok what is stopping thanos from mind rapping him.or turning him into stone.
Throw a guess. It has something to do with Flash's primary power.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos wins majority. Probably 7/10. Too much power and durability for this team and they would eventually get beat one after the other. I don't see them being able to put thanos down for good.

manx422
Orion kills beyonder then it is thanos's turn to die

leonidas

not likely. runner is not only fast, but has access to the power primordial. beyond that, he seemed capable of actually overpowering the ss.

flash MAY be able to match speed with runner, but runner is basically flash with greater than ss cosmic power.

Wei Phoenix
yes but the flash has no knowledge of thanos so he wont fight smart

KMC rules dictate that they have basic knowledge of each other.

Tshern
Originally posted by leonidas
not likely. runner is not only fast, but has access to the power primordial. beyond that, he seemed capable of actually overpowering the ss.

flash MAY be able to match speed with runner, but runner is basically flash with greater than ss cosmic power.
Flash's speed feats defeat those of Runner's easily. His speed also gives him access to IMP, which is all the force he will ever need to knock people out.

Ouallada
Runner's average feat levels are way higher than those of any Flash. He would also have access to everything that constitutes an IMP, and has the power primordial as backup to boot.

leonidas
Originally posted by Ouallada
Runner's average feat levels are way higher than those of any Flash. He would also have access to everything that constitutes an IMP, and has the power primordial as backup to boot.

thumb up

Lord Feron

Anyway, Superman has durability feats on par with anything Thanos can throw at him and although I find the team utterly uncool, they'd still win this more often than not.

Flash aint fast enough to run on nothing in space! For all of Flash's speed I don't think He can run circles on nothing in deep space and pawn a guy like Thanos.

But I have to admit Flash is a bigger threat to him than most of the team.

Juntai
Remember what Runner did to Thanos? You mean run in circles real fast and get owned?

leonidas
i guess the question would be can flash steal his speed? if he can, team stomps. if he can't it's hella-closer but i think they can still work together to take the majority. especially because flash could at least LEND speed to the team for certain.

Bouboumaster

Yo, Runner is a class 100 tons strenght character, while Flash is what...? 200 pounds?

Nihilist
Runner didnt blitz Thanos, he was teleprorting around him.

Ouallada
^Possibly, but that's pretty questionable, in my opinion.

Thanos would basically have to fight perfectly to beat the team on any given occasion. Would need to eliminate Flash and the other characters he can 1HKO. Don't see him doing that to get anything resembling a majority. If he had a small amount of prep, things would be different, of course.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Ouallada
^Possibly, but that's pretty questionable, in my opinion.

Thanos would basically have to fight perfectly to beat the team on any given occasion. Would need to eliminate Flash and the other characters he can 1HKO. Don't see him doing that to get anything resembling a majority. If he had a small amount of prep, things would be different, of course.

He would do it on some character. He did it, after all, on a PC/WOL Morg... Thanos have a serious shot at the victory.

Ouallada
I don't think that the Morg Thanos fought had the full extent of the WOL's gifts. IIRC, the WOL powers had almost dwindled, even though he did have the PC. Certainly, Thanos could one-shot a few of the team's characters, but it's still going to be tough to take the team for a majority.

Tshern
A few responses to me, so I'll deal with them like this:

Quallada: I am not exactly why would Flash not give everything he has in a fight like this. There is no point assuming he would move slow enough for Deathstroke to trip him in this bout. Otherwise we could just say Squirrel Girl won Thanos and call it a day. Also, note that I am not saying Runner is weaker than Flash, I am saying that IMP is all Flash needs.

Lord Feron: Truly?

Juntai: Correct me if my memory fails here, but didn't Runner just beat the living daylights out of Thanos at first?

Bouboumaster: Doesn't really matter at those speeds.

Ouallada
Because 1) CIS applies, 2) Thanos may not be Speedy Gonzalez himself, but has been shown (Runner aside) to be incredibly good at repelling blitzes, 3) Ignoring Flash's lower feats is a selection bias (despite the obvious PIS implications at times) and 4) Thanos has handled much more than an IMP.

Personally, I dislike debating about Flash, because a lot of what is bandied around is based on hypothetical levels that we will never see on panel partially due to story-restrictions. I can't assume a certain level just based on the possibility of said levels after extrapolation.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Nihilist
Runner didnt blitz Thanos, he was teleprorting around him.
Not true.

Juntai

Juntai: Correct me if my memory fails here, but didn't Runner just beat the living daylights out of Thanos at first Not at all. He didn't land a single blow, then found out Thanos was feigning and got owned.

Bouboumaster

Bouboumaster: Doesn't really matter at those speeds.

Suuuure! Because the 200 pounds punch became equal to the 100 tons punch at the same speed!

Tshern
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Suuuure! Because the 200 pounds punch became equal to the 100 tons punch at the same speed!
Never said that to be the case. I am, however, quite convinced that Flash is a lot faster than Runner.

Juntai
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Suuuure! Because the 200 pounds punch became equal to the 100 tons punch at the same speed! Doesn't matter, at the same speed, they've aquired the same mass.
When in movement, Flash essentially becomes a 100 tonner+, because of the mass he attains.

Remember, E=MC.

Ouallada
What Morrison did with the speed force and IMPs cherrypicked a portion of Einstein's theory while doing away with the other via the speed force catchall answer, though.

I am more curious about how any character without cosmic senses can see properly post-c as light bouncing off objects cannot travel as fast as the speedster. Clock one more to comic book science then.

D_Dude1210
I don't think Speed Stealing will work on Thanos thru his shields. I'm pretty sure that he's considered shielding himself from energy/matter manipulators.

Also, LOL at flash being able to hurt Thanos. SS blows up planets like they're nothing and Thanos has been able to tank an enraged Surfer's blasts at point blank range and was completely unaffected by them. This is WITHOUT his shields BEFORE his upgrade. No way is IMP even going to affect Thanos' shields.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos still wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.