Superman vs The gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demonslayer03
These identical super beings will be fighting in a cavern filled with two different kinds of kyrptonite but they aren't powerful waves of it. one is regular green k that will slowely cause supes to weaken the other will be a k that doesnt effect supes but will slowely diminish kallark's self esteem causing his powers to weaken as well. after an hour therer powers will be gone and they will fight like two regular guys with there size and build. after another hour they will have the strenght of childlren and after another they will die. so who takes this or will they die. and does one win before the 1st 2nd or 3rd hour pass?

Enyalus
Kallark isn't effected by Kryptonite. erm

Wei Phoenix
You know that typo makes this look like a completely different thread...

Tseirpretskcirt
the original

Tseirpretskcirt
Superman

james2099
Gladiator wins both. Supes will be in too much pain from the kryptonite and gladiators fist. The second is spite, Gladiator would murder supes in that type of fight. Supes is no warrior and his fighting skills are so poor, that when he lost his powers, a regular human beat his azz in less than 5 seconds.

Raoul
Originally posted by james2099
Supes is no warrior and his fighting skills are so poor, that when he lost his powers, a regular human beat his azz in less than 5 seconds.

couldn't be more wrong, tbh.

what human are you talking about, out of curiosity?

Survivor19
Supermen mistyped, ergo, thread = epic fail

That being said, Glads have means of boosting his confidence during the fight (i'm talking about beating the living daylights outta ol' Klark Kent), therefore his powers will deplete slowly then Klark's.
So, Supes.

Lord Feron
K-nite not only weaken lowers his durability supes but hurts him. Glads while whatever this self eteem decreasing knite is will only slowly lose strength. So glads is gonna beat supes into a bloody stain.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by demonslayer03
These identical super beings will be fighting in a cavern filled with two different kinds of kyrptonite but they aren't powerful waves of it. one is regular green k that will slowely cause supes to weaken the other will be a k that doesnt effect supes but will slowely diminish kallark's self esteem causing his powers to weaken as well. after an hour therer powers will be gone and they will fight like two regular guys with there size and build. after another hour they will have the strenght of childlren and after another they will die. so who takes this or will they die. and does one win before the 1st 2nd or 3rd hour pass? Him, I think Gladiator takes all three hours. If the intent of this thread is to even the playing field, then Gladiator is going to take it. His combat abilities should be superior to Superman's (though Supes is no slouch).

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Raoul

what human are you talking about, out of curiosity?

Probably Muhammad Ali.

james2099

what human are you talking about, out of curiosity? It happened three times as far as i can remember... lex luthor beat him one on one twice. The first time, lex beat him in about 3 hits while he told supes that this is going to feel great. Superman is no true warrior, Thor, WW, Batman, Captain America, Beta ray bill, Gladiator, Thing and the mandarin are true warriors with HONED fighting skills that they have amassed all through their lives.... Superman is nowhere near any of them when it comes to combat skills. He relies mostly on speed and strength, but when combat skill comes into play, weaker fighters like WW hang with him all day.. When he lose his powers as the writers have shown on several occasions, he gets beat down by humans who WW without her powers would murder as shown when she lose hers. Batman would beat superman into dust without powers involved, but the fighters i named would give Batman holy hell and some would murder him.

Raoul
It happened three times as far as i can remember... lex luthor beat him one on one twice. The first time, lex beat him in about 3 hits while he told supes that this is going to feel great. Superman is no true warrior, Thor, WW, Batman, Captain America, Beta ray bill, Gladiator, Thing and the mandarin are true warriors with HONED fighting skills that they have amassed all through their lives.... Superman is nowhere near any of them when it comes to combat skills. He relies mostly on speed and strength, but when combat skill comes into play, weaker fighters like WW hang with him all day.. When he lose his powers as the writers have shown on several occasions, he gets beat down by humans who WW without her powers would murder as shown when she lose hers. Batman would beat superman into dust without powers involved, but the fighters i named would give Batman holy hell and some would murder him.

care to name issues?

ww a weaker fighter? lulz.

superman has taken on gangs of people with no powers and done fine. he's beaten lex luthor with no powers. he's used pressure points in combat. he trains with both batman and wonder woman.

Wei Phoenix
It happened three times as far as i can remember... lex luthor beat him one on one twice. The first time, lex beat him in about 3 hits while he told supes that this is going to feel great. Superman is no true warrior, Thor, WW, Batman, Captain America, Beta ray bill, Gladiator, Thing and the mandarin are true warriors with HONED fighting skills that they have amassed all through their lives.... Superman is nowhere near any of them when it comes to combat skills. He relies mostly on speed and strength, but when combat skill comes into play, weaker fighters like WW hang with him all day.. When he lose his powers as the writers have shown on several occasions, he gets beat down by humans who WW without her powers would murder as shown when she lose hers. Batman would beat superman into dust without powers involved, but the fighters i named would give Batman holy hell and some would murder him.

Thing a better fighter than Clark? I don't even read Superman and I know that's false.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Thing a better fighter than Clark? I don't even read Superman and I know that's false. It is false James has no clue what he's talking about. Even without his powers Clark is physically superior to humans

Raoul
Remember guys, the thing has heart. that alone makes him a "true warrior"

james2099
Originally posted by iceman24567
It is false James has no clue what he's talking about. Even without his powers Clark is physically superior to humans Writers have shown that Clark and his kind are weak fighters in the comics and in the movies when they lose their powers, Humans like juggernaut, thing, rhino, sandman, batman, WW, Steel, lex luthor and plenty others will beat his azz if neither of them have powers... When thor( one of the greatest warriors in comics ) fought gladiator and superman for the first time, what did he say?? To Glads, he said... this is no mere competent fighter, but a WARRIOR OF CUNNING AND SKILL.....To Supes, he said, you are strong???? You can try to make superman out to be a skilled fighter all you want, and you can agree with all the other DC fanboys, but the writers, supes showings, and fights with skilled fighters tell a different story... Thats why he is losing here.

Wei Phoenix
Writers have shown that Clark and his kind are weak fighters in the comics and in the movies when they lose their powers, Humans like juggernaut, thing, rhino, sandman, batman, WW, Steel, lex luthor and plenty others will beat his azz if neither of them have powers... When thor( one of the greatest warriors in comics ) fought gladiator and superman for the first time, what did he say?? To Glads, he said... this is no mere competent fighter, but a WARRIOR OF CUNNING AND SKILL.....To Supes, he said, you are strong???? You can try to make superman out to be a skilled fighter all you want, and you can agree with all the other DC fanboys, but the writers, supes showings, and fights with skilled fighters tell a different story... Thats why he is losing here.

Ok, I just want to state that if Cain and Clark were powerless then Clark would wipe the floor with him. Cain at best has limited military training, that has nothing on Clark's training. What h2h skills does Sandman and Rhino have?

iceman24567
Writers have shown that Clark and his kind are weak fighters in the comics and in the movies when they lose their powers, Humans like juggernaut, thing, rhino, sandman, batman, WW, Steel, lex luthor and plenty others will beat his azz if neither of them have powers... When thor( one of the greatest warriors in comics ) fought gladiator and superman for the first time, what did he say?? To Glads, he said... this is no mere competent fighter, but a WARRIOR OF CUNNING AND SKILL.....To Supes, he said, you are strong???? You can try to make superman out to be a skilled fighter all you want, and you can agree with all the other DC fanboys, but the writers, supes showings, and fights with skilled fighters tell a different story... Thats why he is losing here. Wrong Superman has decent fighting skills proof is his fight against a trained New Krypton soldier with years of experience. I don't see Gladz or Thor using their great fighting prowess in a majority of their fights all i see is mindless brawling. You call people fanboys but you are the biggest one obvious with your lack of knowledge but persistent hating on Superman and wanking Gladz. Superman doesn't need to use the skills he has learned over the years because he's that powerful even when holding back 90% of the time

carver9
I agree with a couple of things from you james, I agree that glads would win this, even with both of there powers on, I also agree that glads is a much better fighter, what I dont agree with is that supes isnt a decent fighter because he is.

Will someone post the scans of him fighting the kryptonian using pressure point attacks and also show supes admitting that bats and wonder woman trained him in H2H.

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9

Will someone post the scans of him fighting the kryptonian using pressure point attacks and also show supes admitting that bats and wonder woman trained him in H2H. I thought you were a Superman buff eek!

james2099
I agree with a couple of things from you james, I agree that glads would win this, even with both of there powers on, I also agree that glads is a much better fighter, what I dont agree with is that supes isnt a decent fighter because he is.

Will someone post the scans of him fighting the kryptonian using pressure point attacks and also show supes admitting that bats and wonder woman trained him in H2H. I know supes is a decent fighter, but he is nowhere close to the likes of Thor, herc, glads, WW, Bats and Captain America.... Any one of them would murder him in this type of fight.

james2099
Wrong Superman has decent fighting skills proof is his fight against a trained New Krypton soldier with years of experience. I don't see Gladz or Thor using their great fighting prowess in a majority of their fights all i see is mindless brawling. You call people fanboys but you are the biggest one obvious with your lack of knowledge but persistent hating on Superman and wanking Gladz. Superman doesn't need to use the skills he has learned over the years because he's that powerful even when holding back 90% of the time Was he holding back against Ultraa? Was he holding back against WW? Do you know why he could not put down WW? How long did batman or WW train supes?? 5 years? 10 years? two weeks? Now how long has Glads trained??

iceman24567
Was he holding back against Ultraa? Was he holding back against WW? Do you know why he could not put down WW? How long did batman or WW train supes?? 5 years? 10 years? two weeks? Now how long has Glads trained?? Ultraa? The guy genetically bred to be the ultimate warrior??? Which Wonder Woman instance are you referring to? The rest of your questions don't even matter Superman is a genius and he is genetically superior to any Kryptonian how long do you think it took him to master pressure point techniques i highly doubt it was 5 or ten years. Glads can train for a 1000 years and still not be as skilled as Richard Dragon more experienced sure.

Raoul
the writers, supes showings, and fights with skilled fighters tell a different story... Thats why he is losing here.

that's a flat out lie.

also, lulz at bringing up the movies.

Will someone post the scans of him fighting the kryptonian using pressure point attacks and also show supes admitting that bats and wonder woman trained him in H2H.

Superman: World of New Krypton #3

Superman takes on and defeats Gor using some very nice h2h technique, even taking a beating just to figure out his enemy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_18-2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_19-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_20.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_21.jpg

Yet more proof that Superman allows himself to get hit, no?

"Earth's GREATEST proponent" i.e. Batman.

Survivor19
Gladiator has around 300 years of Imperial Guard experience, if i remember his "Warriors" issue correctly.
Still, i strongly doubt he practiced h2h a lot... Why would he? Enough strength and speed to pummel almost anyone without something fancy.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Survivor19
Gladiator has around 300 years of Imperial Guard experience, if i remember his "Warriors" issue correctly.
Still, i strongly doubt he practiced h2h a lot... Why would he? Enough strength and speed to pummel almost anyone without something fancy. thumb up Same reason Superman doesn't pressure point half the clowns he fights.

TricksterPriest
And yet, he still displays more skill in using his powers than any of his clones. stick out tongue

Raoul
Superman has 1000+ years of experience.

The Nuul
Fighting wise? Glads should win but Supes just has more on panel feats.

But Glads is so much cooler.

Philosophía
Superman is definitely one of the most skilled and experienced fighters in the range of power he is in.

james2099
that's a flat out lie.

also, lulz at bringing up the movies.

"Earth's GREATEST proponent" i.e. Batman. Answers this question then. Of all the ones i name, who can superman beat is a powerless fight?? Thor, WW, Batman, Herc, juggernaut, lex luthor, Captain America, Aunt may, Wolverine, Rhino, Jean grey, Doctor doom, Steel and Ironfist..... You keep trying to put superman in the wrong company when it comes to fighting skills... You think that since he has limited training with Bats and WW, that he is now in the same class as them??? Its like me trying to put Rhino and thing in the same strength class as Thor, Herc and WW. Supes can have 100 billion showings, but there are still less known or rarely shown characters that will beat his AZZ into the ground with all his powers by outfighting him on a skilled level, then murder him without powers at all. He is a decent fighter.. nothing more, nothing less... Gladiator is far above a decent fighter.

james2099
Superman has 1000+ years of experience. Does he remember it?. A thousand years is nothing to most i named. Hell, thor would call him a child.

james2099

Wei Phoenix
Answers this question then. Of all the ones i name, who can superman beat is a powerless fight?? Thor, WW, Batman, Herc, juggernaut, lex luthor, Captain America, Aunt may, Wolverine, Rhino, Jean grey, Doctor doom, Steel and Ironfist..... You keep trying to put superman in the wrong company when it comes to fighting skills... You think that since he has limited training with Bats and WW, that he is now in the same class as them??? Its like me trying to put Rhino and thing in the same strength class as Thor, Herc and WW. Supes can have 100 billion showings, but there are still less known or rarely shown characters that will beat his AZZ into the ground with all his powers by outfighting him on a skilled level, then murder him without powers at all. He is a decent fighter.. nothing more, nothing less... Gladiator is far above a decent fighter.

Jean, Cain, Aunt May, Lex, Rhino and possibly Steel would all lose to Clark in a powerless h2h fight.

Honestly your posts turned into trolling as soon as you mentioned Aunt May as someone who could beat him H2H.

Wei Phoenix
Does he remember it?. A thousand years is nothing to most i named. Hell, thor would call him a child.

Only 3 people you have named have lived longer than 500 years.

chomperx9
You know that typo makes this look like a completely different thread... no kidding. when i 1st opened the thread i was expecting to see abunch of folks arguing who is stronger supes or gladiator and stuff.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by chomperx9
no kidding. when i 1st opened the thread i was expecting to see abunch of folks arguing who is stronger supes or gladiator and stuff.

Don't know if you're trying to be cute or not but the title at first was a typo and it said SPERMan vs Gladiator. Of course my post doesn't make sense now that it's fixed but the typo is still in the OP.

chomperx9
Don't know if you're trying to be cute or not but the title at first was a typo and it said SPERMan vs Gladiator. Of course my post doesn't make sense now that it's fixed but the typo is still in the OP. i didnt see the typo

Wei Phoenix
i didnt see the typo

That's because it was fixed as I just said.

chomperx9
That's because it was fixed as I just said. i know you said that

Raoul
Answers this question then. Of all the ones i name, who can superman beat is a powerless fight?? Thor, WW, Batman, Herc, juggernaut, lex luthor, Captain America, Aunt may, Wolverine, Rhino, Jean grey, Doctor doom, Steel and Ironfist..... You keep trying to put superman in the wrong company when it comes to fighting skills... You think that since he has limited training with Bats and WW, that he is now in the same class as them??? Its like me trying to put Rhino and thing in the same strength class as Thor, Herc and WW. Supes can have 100 billion showings, but there are still less known or rarely shown characters that will beat his AZZ into the ground with all his powers by outfighting him on a skilled level, then murder him without powers at all. He is a decent fighter.. nothing more, nothing less... Gladiator is far above a decent fighter.

superman is better than a decent fighter. i never once said he was as skilled as the likes of wonder woman, thor or captain america.

he's still a competent fighter though, a well trained tactical fighter. and he's beaten lex more recently than lex has beaten him.

Does he remember it?. A thousand years is nothing to most i named. Hell, thor would call him a child.

yes, he does. he also remember's wielding dc's mjolnir when thor became too injured to carry on using it.

a thousand years in a brutal war on the side of asgard is plenty experience.

james2099
Jean, Cain, Aunt May, Lex, Rhino and possibly Steel would all lose to Clark in a powerless h2h fight.

Honestly your posts turned into trolling as soon as you mentioned Aunt May as someone who could beat him H2H. It was to make a point, I know he would beat the likes of rhino, jean and aunt may (not cain or steel ), my point is that on that list i named, he could only defeat the un-skilled fighters. And by you leaving out the skilled fighters, you proved my point... thanks.

Wei Phoenix
It was to make a point, I know he would beat the likes of rhino, jean and aunt may (not cain or steel ), my point is that on that list i named, he could only defeat the un-skilled fighters. And by you leaving out the skilled fighters, you proved my point... thanks.

What real h2h feats does Cain have that put him over Clark? Him beating a lot of skilled fighters doesn't really help your argument seeing as it's his invulnerability and strength that grants him those victories.

quanchi112
Superman has 1000+ years of experience. Which issues did that take place in? Originally posted by james2099
Then name some fighters in his range and above his range that he is as skilled as. You seem to be making a lot of excuses for Gladiator. Gladiator is very good, but like it or not he's no Superman. It's a close fight but Superman takes a slight majority.

james2099
superman is better than a decent fighter. i never once said he was as skilled as the likes of wonder woman, thor or captain america.

he's still a competent fighter though, a well trained tactical fighter. and he's beaten lex more recently than lex has beaten him.

yes, he does. he also remember's wielding dc's mjolnir when thor became too injured to carry on using it.

a thousand years in a brutal war on the side of asgard is plenty experience. Raoul, I have told you that supes is a decent, good and noted fighter.... But he is nowhere in gladiators, thor, WW, Bats or Captain Americas fighting skill range. That does not mean that they could beat his azz at full power.. ( gladiator will ).. but the rest would beat his azz with no powers involved, 2 of them will send him to the hospital after a long fight ( Thor, WW ) I give him victory over thor 6/10 due to speed if they fought at full power.

Raoul
Raoul, I have told you that supes is a decent, good and noted fighter.... But he is nowhere in gladiators, thor, WW, Bats or Captain Americas fighting skill range. That does not mean that they could beat his azz at full power.. ( gladiator will ).. but the rest would beat his azz with no powers involved, 2 of them will send him to the hospital after a long fight ( Thor, WW ) I give him victory over thor 6/10 due to speed if they fought at full power.

gladiator is on wondy or cap's level now? eh, no.

also, superman is above cain and irons when it comes to skill. neither have showings of pure skill like clark does that i can recollect.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Which issues did that take place in? You seem to be making a lot of excuses for Gladiator. Gladiator is very good, but like it or not he's no Superman. It's a close fight but Superman takes a slight majority.

action comics 761. it's a good issue imo.

quanchi112
gladiator is on wondy or cap's level now? eh, no.

also, superman is above cain and irons when it comes to skill. neither have showings of pure skill like clark does that i can recollect.

action comics 761. it's a good issue imo. Thanks. smile

Wei Phoenix

Well I can speak for Cain. He at best has limited military training which would possibly include some h2h training. I say limited because he was

1. Drafted into the service IIRC someone correct me if I'm wrong.

2. He wasn't too thrilled about being there in the first place hence his first instinct to run and hide the first chance he got.

Raoul
Thanks. smile

yeah, its the issue where he famously refuses to bang wonder woman even after she basically throws herself at him... the douche.

Well I can speak for Cain. He at best has limited military training which would possibly include some h2h training. I say limited because he was

1. Drafted into the service IIRC someone correct me if I'm wrong.

2. He wasn't too thrilled about being there in the first place hence his first instinct to run and hide the first chance he got.

aye.

chomperx9
gladiator wins

james2099
Which issues did that take place in? You seem to be making a lot of excuses for Gladiator. Gladiator is very good, but like it or not he's no Superman. It's a close fight but Superman takes a slight majority. You are right, he is no superman.... hes above supes in speed, strength and fighting skills... you know the Supreme, king Hyperion type of characters?? The ones based after pre-crisis superman?? Not the weaker i cannot outrun light or move a planet without taking a bath in the sun, ram a moon and get koed version of superman. I am by no means low rating superman, but the superman that gladiator is based off of is not the one you are defending here.

Raoul
You are right, he is no superman.... hes above supes in speed, strength and fighting skills... you know the Supreme, king Hyperion type of characters?? The ones based after pre-crisis superman?? Not the weaker i cannot outrun light or move a planet without taking a bath in the sun, ram a moon and get koed version of superman. I am by no means low rating superman, but the superman that gladiator is based off of is not the one you are defending here.

you name low feats and untruths for superman and then say you're not low rating him?

chomperx9
gladiator kicked mjolnir out into space i dont see superman ever doing that.

zeel
Gladiator wins both. Supes will be in too much pain from the kryptonite and gladiators fist. The second is spite, Gladiator would murder supes in that type of fight. Supes is no warrior and his fighting skills are so poor, that when he lost his powers, a regular human beat his azz in less than 5 seconds.

embarrasment

supes ftw

Wei Phoenix
gladiator kicked mjolnir out into space i dont see superman ever doing that.

You're right, he only stopped the hammer mid swing and punched the shit out of Thor.

zeel
Writers have shown that Clark and his kind are weak fighters in the comics and in the movies when they lose their powers, Humans like juggernaut, thing, rhino, sandman, batman, WW, Steel, lex luthor and plenty others will beat his azz if neither of them have powers... When thor( one of the greatest warriors in comics ) fought gladiator and superman for the first time, what did he say?? To Glads, he said... this is no mere competent fighter, but a WARRIOR OF CUNNING AND SKILL.....To Supes, he said, you are strong???? You can try to make superman out to be a skilled fighter all you want, and you can agree with all the other DC fanboys, but the writers, supes showings, and fights with skilled fighters tell a different story... Thats why he is losing here.

supes is actually genius intellect and a excellent fighter. As a kryptonian he dont go all out alot, and half the time he gets his ass handed to him is his own boy scout attitude he dont want to hurt someone, even a enemie.

Give supes blackadams attitude haha gladis dies in 15 seconds. Clarks ability to rage in the proper fashion and hes a dangerous mother fu............

james2099
you name low feats and untruths for superman and then say you're not low rating him? Not being lightfast and getting koed by ramming a moon is not a low showing. That moon is the biggest thing he has ever tried to destroy. Thats child play for the likes of gladiator, had supes destroyed a planet and gladiator got koed by ramming a moon, you and a few others would have used those also... I used the two biggest things they ever tried to destroy on panel and and one stood on the planet and hit it with strength alone and destroyed it... The other flew into it using flight to help him get enough force to destroy a moon.

Raoul
Not being lightfast and getting koed by ramming a moon is not a low showing. That moon is the biggest thing he has ever tried to destroy. Thats child play for the likes of gladiator, had supes destroyed a planet and gladiator got koed by ramming a moon, you and a few others would have used those also... I used the two biggest things they ever tried to destroy on panel and and one stood on the planet and hit it with strength alone and destroyed it... The other flew into it using flight to help him get enough force to destroy a moon.

he has several on panel showings of going faster than light. on panel, indisputable showings.

the moon isn't his biggest strength/durability feat, not by a long way.

and no, i wouldn't have used it if it was the other way around.

Wei Phoenix
Not being lightfast and getting koed by ramming a moon is not a low showing. That moon is the biggest thing he has ever tried to destroy. Thats child play for the likes of gladiator, had supes destroyed a planet and gladiator got koed by ramming a moon, you and a few others would have used those also... I used the two biggest things they ever tried to destroy on panel and and one stood on the planet and hit it with strength alone and destroyed it... The other flew into it using flight to help him get enough force to destroy a moon.

You think Superman can't go faster than light?

james2099
Originally posted by zeel
supes is actually genius intellect and a excellent fighter. As a kryptonian he dont go all out alot, and half the time he gets his ass handed to him is his own boy scout attitude he dont want to hurt someone, even a enemie.

Give supes blackadams attitude haha gladis dies in 15 seconds. Clarks ability to rage in the proper fashion and hes a dangerous mother fu............ He had an attitude way worse than blackadam when he fought the weaker WW and she lasted damn near the whole book... he had that same attitude fighting DD.. He went all out and atlas beat his AZZ... Want more?? Superman getting mad does not make him any stronger or a better fighter.. He holds back because of the type of people he fights.

james2099
You think Superman can't go faster than light? He cannot fight that fast is what i ment.. but he will never move 100 times lightspeed any kind of way.

Raoul
He cannot fight that fast is what i ment.. but he will never move 100 times lightspeed any kind of way.

why not?

he's thought and reacted at lightspeed before.

iceman24567
James still trolling huh? No way is Gladiator indisputably more skilled than Superman in h2h and Glad's doesn't have the h2h feats Cap or Wonder Woman have.

Ambient
Actually Glads have some h2h feats comparable to Supes..

When it comes to h2h skills, im thinkging Supes a tad better, the more technical of the two.. ie. pressure points, senses..

james2099
James still trolling huh? No way is Gladiator indisputably more skilled than Superman in h2h and Glad's doesn't have the h2h feats Cap or Wonder Woman have. How about his fight with supreme? How about his fight with Hyperion? Gladiator is not on either earth fighting to save the day like Cap and WW as an avenger or a member of the JLA. He is known and feared across the universe... Thats his fighting ground.

quanchi112
yeah, its the issue where he famously refuses to bang wonder woman even after she basically throws herself at him... the douche.

aye. Yeah, I just read it. What a moron. Lois would never have to know. What happens in asgard stays in asgard. This is part of the reason I'll never like the guy. He's such a boy scout and he refused to kill any of the demons also which made me sick.

iceman24567
How about his fight with supreme? How about his fight with Hyperion? Gladiator is not on either earth fighting to save the day like Cap and WW as an avenger or a member of the JLA. He is known and feared across the universe... Thats his fighting ground. Still haven't proved he is a more skilled h2h combatant your just ranting erm

Wei Phoenix
Still haven't proved he is a more skilled h2h combatant your just ranting erm

Dude he thinks Juggernaut is a better fighter than Clark. Don't waste your time with him.

Mindset
He is.

You should know better, he is your avatar.

jalek moye
Yeah, I just read it. What a moron. Lois would never have to know. What happens in asgard stays in asgard. This is part of the reason I'll never like the guy. He's such a boy scout and he refused to kill any of the demons also which made me sick.
hey he has killed before

just very very rarely

quanchi112
Originally posted by jalek moye
hey he has killed before

just very very rarely I know. It's just he refused to kill these demons. What a boy scout. WW had no hesitation.

iceman24567
Dude he thinks Juggernaut is a better fighter than Clark. Don't waste your time with him. I know laughing

james2099
Still haven't proved he is a more skilled h2h combatant your just ranting erm Gladiator wins, and juggernaut will beat clark in a powerless fight. Now show me where i said that juggernaut is a better fighter than clark.

Wei Phoenix
Gladiator wins, and juggernaut will beat clark in a powerless fight. Now show me where i said that juggernaut is a better fighter than clark.

Do you mean a powerless Juggernaut vs a powerless Clark?

iceman24567
Juggs would get pressure pointed no expression

iceman24567
Gladiator wins, and juggernaut will beat clark in a powerless fight. Now show me where i said that juggernaut is a better fighter than clark. Again with the trolling? eek!

shokosugi
I am not going to say it.....

Wei Phoenix
Juggs would get pressure pointed no expression

Yeah I agree Cain loses if they're both powerless. He doesn't even need pressure points, just straight up out duke him to win. He is either saying that Powerless Cain would get beat by a powerless Clark or a powerless Clark would get beat by Juggernaut. The latter is a stupid and pointless claim.

Enyalus
Powerless Clark would solo Eighth Day Juggernaut.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Enyalus
Powerless Clark would solo Eighth Day Juggernaut.

Here lies Enyalus...death by extreme sodomization.

Enyalus
droolio Promises, promises.

james2099
Again with the trolling? eek! As i thought.

james2099
Do you mean a powerless Juggernaut vs a powerless Clark? Yes..... But since juggernaut is not in this battle.... Gladiator destroys superman in a power and powerless fight.

Wei Phoenix
Yes..... But since juggernaut is not in this battle.... Gladiator destroys superman in a power and powerless fight.

How does a powerless Cain beat a powerless Clark?

Cain can't beat Clark unless he is a better fighter in a powerless scenario so you either think Cain is a better fighter than Clark, or Clark wins because he is a better fighter than Cain.

Are you secretly the 50 Cent guy?

james2099
How does a powerless Cain beat a powerless Clark?

Cain can't beat Clark unless he is a better fighter in a powerless scenario so you either think Cain is a better fighter than Clark, or Clark wins because he is a better fighter than Cain.

Are you secretly the 50 Cent guy? Superman is not a skilled fighter..... Cain is a brawler, a get down and dirty fighter. Superman does not have what it takes without his powers, lex luthor, a regular human beat pre-crisis superman azz in a fist fight... A book you might have never seen when supes lost his powers and was just like a regular human.... not like a regular alien who may be stronger than a human. They are no different than humans.

Wei Phoenix
Superman is not a skilled fighter..... Cain is a brawler, a get down and dirty fighter. Superman does not have what it takes without his powers, lex luthor, a regular human beat pre-crisis superman azz in a fist fight... A book you might have never seen when supes lost his powers and was just like a regular human.... not like a regular alien who may be stronger than a human. They are no different than humans.

A day of training with WW or Batman trumps anything Cain has learned which is nothing. The Cain you see is a brawler because he is invulnerable, he doesn't have to worry about getting hit/hurt or missing a blow, there is no penalty usually. He couldn't hang with Thor h2h for a second.

james2099
A day of training with WW or Batman trumps anything Cain has learned which is nothing. The Cain you see is a brawler because he is invulnerable, he doesn't have to worry about getting hit/hurt or missing a blow, there is no penalty usually. He couldn't hang with Thor h2h for a second. He hung with thor without his shields and was not invulnerable... Thor was impressed at how much punishnment cain could take..... And are you saying that you could train a day with tyson and then get in the ring with one of the fighters that tyson trains on and used to fight on monday night... knowing that tyson would win. Could you beat that punching bag fighter that fights tyson??

Wei Phoenix
He hung with thor without his shields and was not invulnerable... Thor was impressed at how much punishnment cain could take..... And are you saying that you could train a day with tyson and then get in the ring with one of the fighters that tyson trains on and used to fight on monday night... knowing that tyson would win. Could you beat that punching bag fighter that fights tyson??

Hung with him? He was Thor's punching bag for 60 seconds. He couldn't gain the advantage and that wasn't a completely powerless Cain. If that Cain was completely powerless as in human stats then one punch from Thor would've ended his life.

I'm saying that Superman didn't train with them for a day and he has fought for over 1000 years. Cain has no real h2h skills. Trust me I know more about Cain than you do.

james2099
Hung with him? He was Thor's punching bag for 60 seconds. He couldn't gain the advantage and that wasn't a completely powerless Cain. If that Cain was completely powerless as in human stats then one punch from Thor would've ended his life.

I'm saying that Superman didn't train with them for a day and he has fought for over 1000 years. Cain has no real h2h skills. Trust me I know more about Cain than you do. And i know more about superman than you do.... Supes has no real h2h skills either.. I have supes 1st ever issue and beyond... There is nothing about supes or cain that i dont know about... Did you know that gladiator is noted as the first character to ever stop the juggernaut?? didn't know that did you??

Wei Phoenix
And i know more about superman than you do.... Supes has no real h2h skills either.. I have supes 1st ever issue and beyond... There is nothing about supes or cain that i dont know about... Did you know that gladiator is noted as the first character to ever stop the juggernaut?? didn't know that did you??

Did you know that's bullshit as the two have never fought let alone met? The fact that Superman can use pressure points automatically says he has real h2h skills. He doesn't just punch wildly like Cain. I doubt you have all of Clark's issues let alone know more about him then the resident Supes experts here like Phil, Raoul, and that other guy.

james2099
Did you know that's bullshit as the two have never fought let alone met? The fact that Superman can use pressure points automatically says he has real h2h skills. He doesn't just punch wildly like Cain. I doubt you have all of Clark's issues let alone know more about him then the resident Supes experts here like Phil, Raoul, and that other guy. Are you in for a big surprise.. They have met in the comics... but i see that you are too young to know.... Phil, Raoul and that other guy together could not lift my comicbook collections.

Wei Phoenix
Are you in for a big surprise.. They have met in the comics... but i see that you are too young to know.... Phil, Raoul and that other guy together could not lift my comicbook collections.

Please post the scan of Gladiator stopping him. Give an issue number as well.

james2099
Please post the scan of Gladiator stopping him. Give an issue number as well. You shall have it. But i have to go through enough comicbooks to cover an entire semi... Trailer and all. And my brother has more than me, so he may have that issue. Just like the one where cyclops blasted through adamantium... I still have to get raoul on that one.

Wei Phoenix
You shall have it. But i have to go through enough comicbooks to cover an entire semi... Trailer and all. And my brother has more than me, so he may have that issue. Just like the one where cyclops blasted through adamantium... I still have to get raoul on that one.

Trolling...once again it's so 2000 and late.

Knowsbleed33
Did you know that gladiator is noted as the first character to ever stop the juggernaut?? didn't know that did you??

Don't post here ever again.

james2099
Trolling...once again it's so 2000 and late. Well since you think i am trolling, just forget the whole thing... It seems that everytime i show my opinion, i get called names, cursed at or called a troll or get threats of being banned.... And it only happens when i say something against superman..... So to stop people from ganging up on me........ I will never answer any thread with supermans name in it again.... I will never start a thread with his name in it again.

Wei Phoenix
Well since you think i am trolling, just forget the whole thing... It seems that everytime i show my opinion, i get called names, cursed at or called a troll or get threats of being banned.... And it only happens when i say something against superman..... So to stop people from ganging up on me........ I will never answer any thread with supermans name in it again.... I will never start a thread with his name in it again.

If you used actual feats that were plausible today and not some PC things for falsely claimed feats like Juggernaut and Gladiator then your comments would be welcomed.

james2099
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Don't post here ever again. Amazing.

Wei Phoenix
Don't post here ever again.

And that's the bottom line. Cause Knowsbleed33 said so!

james2099
If you used actual feats that were plausible today and not some PC things for falsely claimed feats like Juggernaut and Gladiator then your comments would be welcomed. I will put up 2 scans an then leave.

Wei Phoenix
Hurry up!

james2099
Hurry up! I have to gas up my boat before i leave... I'm going trolling a different way in 2 hours.

Knowsbleed33
He'll prolly post scans of the comic that was based on the animated series.

Wei Phoenix
He'll prolly post scans of the comic that was based on the animated series.

Meh...

Getting Ultimate Alliance 2?

Knowsbleed33
duhhhhhhhhh

Wei Phoenix
Tahaha, sorry for asking the obvious.

james2099
He'll prolly post scans of the comic that was based on the animated series. That animated series did not exist then.

Knowsbleed33
That animated series did not exist then.

Maybe I haven't made myself clear to you?

james2099
Maybe I haven't made myself clear to you? And what should that tell you??

Raoul
Yeah, I just read it. What a moron. Lois would never have to know. What happens in asgard stays in asgard. This is part of the reason I'll never like the guy. He's such a boy scout and he refused to kill any of the demons also which made me sick.

i don't mind him refusing to kill the demons. its part of his character. refusing to bang diana though... i mean wtf.

I know. It's just he refused to kill these demons. What a boy scout. WW had no hesitation.

refusing to kill people doesn't make you a boyscout, demon or not.

Superman is not a skilled fighter..... Cain is a brawler, a get down and dirty fighter. Superman does not have what it takes without his powers, lex luthor, a regular human beat pre-crisis superman azz in a fist fight... A book you might have never seen when supes lost his powers and was just like a regular human.... not like a regular alien who may be stronger than a human. They are no different than humans.

pre crisis? christ, you really are reaching.

post crisis superman, which is the one in this thread, did beat lex luthor in a fist fight even after soaking up a whole bunch of kryptonite.

You shall have it. But i have to go through enough comicbooks to cover an entire semi... Trailer and all. And my brother has more than me, so he may have that issue. Just like the one where cyclops blasted through adamantium... I still have to get raoul on that one.

i never said cyclops could blast through adamantium. huh

also:

i'm not getting ultimate alliance 2 unless cyclops is in it. sad

carver9
why not?

he's thought and reacted at lightspeed before.

raoul, we've already discussed this.

carver9
As a side note, glads cant fight at light speed either but he does have
some on panel proof of him bullrushing at light speed (still not fighting
though). The only person that I can think of that actually have any kind
of credibility of fighting and reacting at light speed is surfer, flash, northstar,
and runner (know its a lot more than that) but supes and glads, its all KMC
speculation and is also a fanned based judgement.

iceman24567
Lol James STILL trolling? Raoul James made the claim that Cyclops blasted threw primary Adamantium we called bs and he couldn't provide any proof eek!

quanchi112
i don't mind him refusing to kill the demons. its part of his character. refusing to bang diana though... i mean wtf.

refusing to kill people doesn't make you a boyscout, demon or not.

pre crisis? christ, you really are reaching.

post crisis superman, which is the one in this thread, did beat lex luthor in a fist fight even after soaking up a whole bunch of kryptonite.

i never said cyclops could blast through adamantium. huh

also:

i'm not getting ultimate alliance 2 unless cyclops is in it. sad Both are within his character. I get it. He's in love with one woman and will do the right thing and only kill in certain circumstances. I like a hero that will kill a badguy.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by shokosugi
I am not going to say it.....

Ohhh!!!! you better not! mad

Lord Feron
Both are within his character. I get it. He's in love with one woman and will do the right thing and only kill in certain circumstances. I like a hero that will kill a badguy.

Agreed... but i'll take WW over lois any day of the week big grin Might be death by snoo snoo by the end of that week but w/e...

Raoul
raoul, we've already discussed this.

we did. and i'm right. shrug

Both are within his character. I get it. He's in love with one woman and will do the right thing and only kill in certain circumstances. I like a hero that will kill a badguy.

and i like a hero that has some standards. stick out tongue

plus, he'd spent a thousand years with diana. he'd forgotten many things about lois. even mxy was on his case about that one.

Originally posted by Lord Feron
Agreed... but i'll take WW over lois any day of the week big grin Might be death by snoo snoo by the end of that week but w/e...

preaching to the choir my friend.

Enyalus
preaching to the choir my friend.
Yeah, your fan Superman/Darkseid battle was a little creepy in that department...

Raoul
Yeah, your fan Superman/Darkseid battle was a little creepy in that department...

a man can't ogle? uhuh

also, this is great, coming from the guy who said:

I wasn't knocking ya for it, Phil. I mean, whatever does it for you.

For me, it's children under 14 and large cats. For you, probably sheep. To each their own.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Agreed... but i'll take WW over lois any day of the week big grin Might be death by snoo snoo by the end of that week but w/e... Anyone would except superman.Originally posted by Raoul
we did. and i'm right. shrug

and i like a hero that has some standards. stick out tongue

plus, he'd spent a thousand years with diana. he'd forgotten many things about lois. even mxy was on his case about that one.

preaching to the choir my friend. Yeah, even though he forgot her face and her voice he still wouldn't cheat on her 1,000 years later.

That's why I like Thor. He's a warrior born. That's my sort of thing.

Raoul
Anyone would except superman. Yeah, even though he forgot her face and her voice he still wouldn't cheat on her 1,000 years later.

That's why I like Thor. He's a warrior born. That's my sort of thing.

he's a dolt. wonder woman > lois anyways.

Philosophía
If he would have cheated on Lois with Wonder Woman it would have been a big 'Wtf?' and out of character moment.

He loves Lois too much to do something like that and he is first and foremost a man of strong principles.

Raoul

Wei Phoenix
The Product of Kal and Diana>The product of Clark and Lois.

Besides one wouldn't mind him going out and being Superman 24/7, nor would she be a liability to him when he goes out and whoop ass.

quanchi112
he's a dolt. wonder woman > lois anyways. I'm glad we agree that he is a dolt. It took some time for you to come around my friend.

Raoul
The Product of Kal and Diana>The product of Clark and Lois.

Besides one wouldn't mind him going out and being Superman 24/7, nor would she be a liability to him when he goes out and whoop ass.

aye.

I'm glad we agree that he is a dolt. It took some time for you to come around my friend.

even as a dolt, though, he's still > thanos by a long way.

quanchi112
aye.

even as a dolt, though, he's still > thanos by a long way. Even you yourself admitted you don't read much of anything with Thanos. I win again.

Raoul
Even you yourself admitted you don't read much of anything with Thanos. I win again.

not really. him being < superman is kinda the reason i don't read thanos in the first place.

quanchi112
not really. him being < superman is kinda the reason i don't read thanos in the first place. Different tastes. I tend to like antiheroes/villains more anyways. Superman is the epitome of your good old boy always doing the right thing. I need flaws, dammit. I love Thor's arrogance and his mentality.

Zack Fair
Ultra sexy diana sig drool

Raoul
Different tastes. I tend to like antiheroes/villains more anyways. Superman is the epitome of your good old boy always doing the right thing. I need flaws, dammit. I love Thor's arrogance and his mentality.

facepalm

if you'd read superman you'd know that he has flaws.

Wei Phoenix
I thought that the fact that he won't kill is a flaw as well as it is a good trait.

Knowsbleed33
I'm still waiting for James to post scans of Gladiator stopping Juggernaut.

iceman24567
I rather see the Cyclops blasting threw primary Adamantium scans eek!

Enyalus
I'm still waiting for James to post scans of Gladiator stopping Juggernaut.
Originally posted by Galan007
shifty

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_juggs_gladiator1.jpg

-Pr-

that last line of gladiator's is gold.

Enyalus
Originally posted by -Pr-
that last line of gladiator's is gold.
*fap fap fap*

jalek moye
hmm I always assumed that you could just pick him up, sinstead of trying to push back against him

Enyalus
Galan told me it wasn't canon, that it was based on the episode of X-Men the Animated Series where Glads does that to Juggs (tosses him across the Atlantic, IIRC).

-Pr-
Galan told me it wasn't canon, that it was based on the episode of X-Men the Animated Series where Glads does that to Juggs (tosses him across the Atlantic, IIRC).

it does look very similar...

Enyalus
it does look very similar...
Well I choose to believe it's canon. uhuh No one can tell me otherwise. *puts fingers in ears and loudly yells 'la la la la la la'* stick out tongue

Wei Phoenix
That is the same scene from TAS exactly I believe.

-Pr-
Well I choose to believe it's canon. uhuh No one can tell me otherwise. *puts fingers in ears and loudly yells 'la la la la la la'* stick out tongue

laughing out loud

quanchi112
facepalm

if you'd read superman you'd know that he has flaws. I mean character flaws. I am not saying he is perfect, but he adheres to a stricter moral code than most. Like you just said he's an idiot for not taking advantage of WW. That's Superman. He's a boy scout which makes him boring imo.Originally posted by Enyalus
Well done.

-Pr-
I mean character flaws. I am not saying he is perfect, but he adheres to a stricter moral code than most. Like you just said he's an idiot for not taking advantage of WW. That's Superman. He's a boy scout which makes him boring imo. Well done.

he didn't take advantage of wonder woman once. and it was special circumstances. and he does have character flaws. plenty of them.

Enyalus
Paul wishes Superman would take advantage of Wonder Woman in a mainstream comic book. droolio

-Pr-
Paul wishes Superman would take advantage of Wonder Woman in a mainstream comic book. droolio

take advantage? please. she'd throw herself at him if he left lois.

Enyalus
take advantage? please. she'd throw herself at him if he left lois.
She loves him as a friend, per her own words. biscuits

quanchi112
he didn't take advantage of wonder woman once. and it was special circumstances. and he does have character flaws. plenty of them. I get it. I never said he was perfect, but he does tend to do the right thing at the end of the day. I'm curious though to hear you name some of his character flaws.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>