Kain vs. Mehrunes Dagon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Kain faces off against the Prince of Destruction from the realm of Oblivion.

Who would win?

Anon E. Mous
Dagon is immortal. Nothing can or ever will be able to kill or beat him.

Burning thought
By actual in-game feats Kain would prob win quite handily, if not neither win.

Utrigita
Mehrunes for the win.

Phanteros
Methrunes accidentally steps on kain.

Burning thought
Yes while Kain forgets he can move, teleport, mist etc

Anon E. Mous
It also depends on where they are.

Nemesis, do you have a location?

ScreamPaste
I don't actually know anythign about the Mehrunes, can I gets some feats?

Burning thought
I think he broke open a temple roof, he has no in-game impressive feats.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Burning thought
I think he broke open a temple roof, he has no in-game impressive feats. Read the Lore behind him.

Burning thought
ive read lore on him, not all of it but some and hes destroyed a few areas according to the Oblivion wiki, but where is this information from? if its not from the game itself, its not canon by the rules of the forum.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Anon E. Mous
Nemesis, do you have a location?

Yes. Kain finds an Oblivion Gate in front of him, goes in and encounters Dagon so the fight takes place in the Oblivion realm.

Anon E. Mous
I think he broke open a temple roof, he has no in-game impressive feats.

He is completely immune to damage of any kind. (in-game)

The only entity powerful enough to defeat him was Akatosh, the strongest and the leader of the Nine Divines.

Also, while in his realm of Oblivion, he is the absolute master, able to bend reality at will.

Burning thought
He is completely immune to damage of any kind. (in-game)

The only entity powerful enough to defeat him was Akatosh, the strongest and the leader of the Nine Divines.

Also, while in his realm of Oblivion, he is the absolute master, able to bend reality at will.

Looking at the wiki, thats not necessarily true:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Mehrunes_Dagon

Apparently he was just banished just because Martin lighted the dragon fires and Akatosh was a representation of it.

Where is this said? also are you sure its in the realm of Oblivion, or his particular realm?

If its any oblivion realm then I suggest this fight be somewhere else otherwise its spite.

Anon E. Mous
Sadly, Kain does not have Damage or Absorb Fatigue spells, Reflect Damage, or the Wabbajack staff. These are also gameplay mechanics that don't count.

Also, every time you go into the realm of Oblivion in-game, you go into his Realm. There are, however, different Planes of the realm.

Burning thought
Sadly, Kain does not have Damage or Absorb Fatigue spells, Reflect Damage, or the Wabbajack staff. These are also gameplay mechanics that don't count.

Also, every time you go into the realm of Oblivion in-game, you go into his Realm. There are, however, different Planes of the realm.

Well actually they cannot be gameplay mechanics, he is not supposed to be killed in gameplay. its more of a bug than anything else.

Where does it say that? there are a lot of Oblivion realms, where does it say everytime its his?

Anon E. Mous
This sounds just like every Gate you go into in-game.

Also, it seems I said the wrong word. This is his "Plane" of Oblivion. For an example, you can buy an expansion pack for the game, and go to Sheogorath's Plane, the Shivering Isles.

Burning thought
Then again we dont necesserily have to go into an actual home/realm to the Daedric princes, we could just be enetering the typical Oblivion.

Sheogorath's plane actually looks unique however, its obvious its his plane isnt it, wheras every portal from oblivion cannot possibly all be Dagons because the shivering isles only have one area, not so many diffrent islands.

Also in the game, Mehrunes Dagon would have made a more obvious appearance or taken a more immediate and physical attack on the player considering his elements and temperment if the player was going in and out of his home.

Phanteros
Then again we dont necesserily have to go into an actual home/realm to the Daedric princes, we could just be enetering the typical Oblivion.

Sheogorath's plane actually looks unique however, its obvious its his plane isnt it, wheras every portal from oblivion cannot possibly all be Dagons because the shivering isles only have one area, not so many diffrent islands.

Also in the game, Mehrunes Dagon would have made a more obvious appearance or taken a more immediate and physical attack on the player considering his elements and temperment if the player was going in and out of his home. read the op Kain is in his realm.

Burning thought
No, it says kain is against dagon from the Oblivion realm, it says nothing about setting so its you who needs to read the OP, furthermore you need to read the thread, nemesis has already pointed out that their fighting in "a" realm of oblivion, whether its Mehrunes realm or not I dont know, for a real fight it should not be, theoretically Dagon can apprently do almost anything in his own realm and would defeat pretty much any character in the games vs forum.

Nemesis X
The fight is not taking place in Dagon's realm.

CosmicComet
This is spite, the deities in the Elder Scroll series are legit immortals.

Also, Mehrunes Dagon is just immeasurably more cool looking than Kain. Which is saying a lot, Kain is awesome.

ScreamPaste
I've never played Elder scrolls but if CC has, and he calls spite, I believe him.

Incanus
I made Dagon deflate somehow..... Ihad an uber amount of gold cuz i went thru a plane of Oblivion at lvl 60, and came out with so much daedric crap. I repaired it all(master of armorer) and sold it and then made a spell that maxed all out except for area of effect..... he deflated after a few shots...... I lol'd

Burning thought
Well by the actual game, Dagon is screwed, by actual canon Dagon in Oblivion has no real feats either so unless we dig up some lore which is prob non-canon, grab some no limits fallacies and shake off some titles Dagon is not winning this.

Incanus
Wait, so a giant four armed mutant guy, who is immortal, would LOSE just because he has no feats to his name? WTF????? He is a giant, four armed mutant guy thing that has claws, and axe, sword, and mace. I think he could just STEP on Kain.

ScreamPaste
Incanus: I revived your thread, go debate in it. sad

Burning thought
Originally posted by Incanus
Wait, so a giant four armed mutant guy, who is immortal, would LOSE just because he has no feats to his name?

yes and hes been defeated pretty handily by mortals and Kain is immortal.

Incanus
Actually, Dagon was defeated by Akatosh, an immortal, and Dagon is immortal so..........

Burning thought
Martin re-lighted the dragon fires, banishing dagon,Akatosh appears but all it is, is a big dragonlike entity, its just size vs size, Kain has no interest in size, he has power.

Incanus
So does Dagon, as Akatosh and the other 8 Divines MADE the thing that sealed Dagon in Oblivion.

Burning thought
Not shown in the actual game he hasnt, hes just got size, infact...with all his power he could not stop a few petty mortals lightning the fires, furthermore, he had no perception despite all this "immortality" that he has for what is a threat to him, so he must be largely unintelligent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.