Which would be better for a movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Incanus
Who would want a movie about the Lay of Leithan? Maybe Narn i Chin Hurin? any suggestions?

Lord Lucien
Neither. They would require backstories in the form of more movies just so people know what's going on. The First Age was too in depth for a movie.

Incanus
Then make more than 1 is my answer. Make one about the Second Age for all we care. Maybe even the war with the Witch-King for a movie. I would want to see that for one.

Lord Lucien
Not much happens in the Second Age for a movie to be made of it. Everything's looked at from a distant perspective and occurring over hundred and thousands of years. That would make for a very poor movie.

Hewhoknowsall
4th age! 5th age!

Lord Lucien
Wha'd you say?!!

Incanus
What about the war with the Witch-King? The Nirnaeth Arnoediad? Make movies about the things that would progress farther, starting with oh idk, something. Have the first part with the Valaquenta, then move to the Quenta Silmarillion, then the Akallabeth, and so on so forth. Do the history of Middle-Earth.

Hewhoknowsall
You REALLY like lotr, do you? That's cool, you've saved the dying LOTR forum.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Incanus
What about the war with the Witch-King? The Nirnaeth Arnoediad? Make movies about the things that would progress farther, starting with oh idk, something. Have the first part with the Valaquenta, then move to the Quenta Silmarillion, then the Akallabeth, and so on so forth. Do the history of Middle-Earth. And murder a beloved series with movies...

Incanus
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And murder a beloved series with movies... [/QUOTEWell, each one is a book, right? Well, they arnt that long, they could have it exactly right, and STILL have it in a sensible time frame of 3 hrs or less. Except the Lay of Leithan, and Narn i Chin Hurin...........

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Incanus
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And murder a beloved series with movies... It's because they're so short that such movies would be terrible. The Hobbit or LotR were in-depth, multi-character stories spread over a short time. There is no other time in Arda where the happenings and goings-on were so detailed and personal. Any film of them would suck balls because there'd be virtually nothing to fill the time, or the filmmakers would have to make up stuff to do so--which of course defeats the purpose.

Incanus
Well, acutally in the SIlmarillion, the books were condensed, so in other books like Unfinished Tales, they were expanded, and you can read the whole thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.