Fate of the Jedi: The Ancient Sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
I just finished Omen and the Ancient Sith are sending a strike team consisting of a Sith Apprentice named Vestara, Lady Rhea, Lord Kol and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head. Apparently it looks like in the next book "Abyss" Luke & Ben fight a spectacular lightsaber battle & Force battle with the Sith.

At the end from what I gathered, the Sith know that they are no match for Skywalker one-on-one. Anyone have opinions? Preferably from those who have read the book.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
I just finished Omen and the Ancient Sith are sending a strike team consisting of a Sith Apprentice named Vestara, Lady Rhea, Lord Kol and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head. Apparently it looks like in the next book "Abyss" Luke & Ben fight a spectacular lightsaber battle & Force battle with the Sith.

At the end from what I gathered, the Sith know that they are no match for Skywalker one-on-one. Anyone have opinions? Preferably from those who have read the book.

Yes, these retarded Sith were lackies to the Ancient Sith. I'm not sure at what point the retcon happened but I didn't know the Ancient Sith actually trained other humans in sith arts. At any rate, they're nobodys in my book, just fillers because the authors can't get off the concept of the "sith".

Incanus
Well, it depends. Is it Sith species or idealists? i havnt read Omen yet, but i do know that an ancient sith may be a match for Skywalker, though he is a force god. They may be only because of the reason they can cause stars to go nova, as demonstrated by Naga Sadow. They can also create mass illusions, as again done by Sadow. Also, they have the magic that makes people see their worst fears.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Incanus
Well, it depends. Is it Sith species or idealists? i havnt read Omen yet, but i do know that an ancient sith may be a match for Skywalker, though he is a force god. They may be only because of the reason they can cause stars to go nova, as demonstrated by Naga Sadow. They can also create mass illusions, as again done by Sadow. Also, they have the magic that makes people see their worst fears.

sadow made stars go nova with the help of his ship not just him alone using the force. Skywalker can cast far greater illusions than anyone in SW as seen in DN and the LOTF series. None of the ancient sith are CLOSE to Lukes level.

I do not think the sith and luke will battle in the next book my guess is that sometime in this series they all go fight luke and ben and luke sacrifices himself while ben escapes and thus we have the death of Luke skywalker

Incanus
The ancient sith made illusiuons of enormous fleets that made the Republic run........... And how does Sadows ship help him? he couldnt concentrate when he did that, so either he was extremely strong in the force, or he caused something. And what illusions did Luke cast?

xxxpoppunker182
The ancient sith made illusiuons of enormous fleets that made the Republic run........... And how does Sadows ship help him? he couldnt concentrate when he did that, so either he was extremely strong in the force, or he caused something. And what illusions did Luke cast?

Where naga made illusions os fleets Luke made exact PHYSICAL illusions of not only a huge fleet. Along with masking an entire PLANET forever( the illusion will never wear off)

Naga's ship helps him because he has a crystal that helps him do it. It's in the comics.

Captain REX
I have a feeling that these are idealists and they have nowhere near the power that Sadow had. I like the aspect of the new books in that Luke and Ben are finally spending quality time as they should have from the start of Ben's training, with Luke being the father that Vader never was, but everything else is the usual post-ROTJ muck.

Hewhoknowsall
Rex changed his avatar!!!!!

They keep on coming up with more secret planets hidden with sith. I mean, after the jedi purge, wouldn't the jedi learn to pay attention to that little planet over there?

To be honest, when reading Omen I had no interest in the sith portions, in fact I wanted to read more about the jedi vs GA parts.

xxxpoppunker182
I thought the whole Jedi be ga crap sucked. I thought everything sucked in omen aside from the luke and ben story.

Dr McBeefington
The best part of Omen was just how awesome and frightening the Aing-Tii are.

Hewhoknowsall
I really wish that the jedi would just go and kick Dalaa's ass already. Like sabatoge her ship and destroy it without anyone noticing. Or simply refuse to do any more jedi work and let them cry when crime goes through the roof.

In Outcast I really didn't get the Kessel subplot. It was worthless.

The illness obviously has something to do with the maw/shelter, so why not get all of the jedi that were in it and give them special care/teach them exercises and tell them to not freak out if they start seeing everybody as an imposter. And why does the GA just freeze them all in carbonite? How is that supposed to help them solve the mystery?

Luke and Ben don't seem to be getting anywhere. And why bother? There are plenty of planets other than Coruscant to live on, like Naboo.

Hewhoknowsall
never mind

Incanus
Why did they make Dalaa, an Imperial Moff, head of the GA, ad wtf happened to the New Republic? Did they change it after the Vong war? Why not keep Leia then, she seemed to do a fine job..........

xxxpoppunker182
Why did they make Dalaa, an Imperial Moff, head of the GA, ad wtf happened to the New Republic? Did they change it after the Vong war? Why not keep Leia then, she seemed to do a fine job..........

long story short the imperial remnant and the NR joined together forming the galactic alliance to defeat the vong.

Incanus
Ok that explains alot, but why ditch Leia?

xxxpoppunker182
Ok that explains alot, but why ditch Leia?

as head of GA/ I duno because they continued her training in the DN trilogy and is now a knight. Also Daala has to be Chief of State to show how the GA becomes an empire as of the legacy comics.

Incanus
Oh yeah, the Fel empire, right? The comes Krayt and his One Sith, (posers) and then what comes after all that? Does Krayts empire rule for the rest of recorded time?

xxxpoppunker182
Oh yeah, the Fel empire, right? The comes Krayt and his One Sith, (posers) and then what comes after all that? Does Krayts empire rule for the rest of recorded time?

Krayts empire is just as legit as Revans if not more so. Krayt is just as legit as Nadd or Exar Kun as well.

But as to what happens the comic series is still going on. and Last I herd Krayt was Killed by Wryylok 3 who made it look like Krayt whent back into stasis so he can rule the empire.

Hewhoknowsall
The GA doesn't become an empire, I thought that it gets defeated by Fel.

So this tribe that appears isn't the one sith, so we can assume that they get defeated and never return by Luke...or do they appear in Legacy (I don't read them).

And it's confusing that they have Legacy of the Force and then they have Legacy...

Lord Lucien
The GA becomes a Rebellion again, of sorts.

truejedi
The strike team just went to chase Ship instead of attacking Luke and Ben, their mission changed. The most interesting part of the book was the surge of the Dark side that Ship went chasing. I would like to know what did THAT? if the sith from Kesh aren't the most powerful darkside force in the galaxy at this point, and the One Sith are "lacking", what is this new power?

Eminence
Whoa. Haven't seen you in a while, man.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by truejedi
The strike team just went to chase Ship instead of attacking Luke and Ben, their mission changed. The most interesting part of the book was the surge of the Dark side that Ship went chasing. I would like to know what did THAT? if the sith from Kesh aren't the most powerful darkside force in the galaxy at this point, and the One Sith are "lacking", what is this new power?

The Mind Drinkers, whoever the hell they are.

truejedi
Originally posted by Eminence
Whoa. Haven't seen you in a while, man.

its been awhile. i've read the first 2 from FOTJ though, and starting getting the feeling it was time to discuess some star wars. Not necessarily debate it, but discussing it can be fun.

mattatom
Originally posted by truejedi
its been awhile. i've read the first 2 from FOTJ though, and starting getting the feeling it was time to discuess some star wars. Not necessarily debate it, but discussing it can be fun.
Fun? What is this "fun" you speak of, since I've joint here the meaning of the word, has...gone. Because of Eminence the shank-face.

truejedi
Originally posted by mattatom
Fun? What is this "fun" you speak of, since I've joint here the meaning of the word, has...gone. Because of Eminence the shank-face.
yes, and putting it in very small letters will guarantee everyone but Eminence can read it. smile

Darth Truculent
Could this possibly be the 'true' Sith Empire?

Incanus
I doubt it. The True Sith were supposed to have died millenia before, possibly during the time of The Old Republic, as they are an unknown sith empire. Naga Sadow performed hideous experiments on his Massassi warriors, who were the elites of the Sith, until his all but died out Most were killed in the Republic attack on Korriban.

Darth Truculent
Could it be a surviving Ancient who was in spirit form (similar to Exar Kun), then took physical? It would be stupid, but you never know what authors do. For all we know, they might ressurect Bane.

Incanus
Maybe. They DID technically do it, as Krayt activated his holocron and he spoke and all............ But i dont think they will, the closeest they got to that was Maul, but he was never a spirit. Vader, Kenobi, or Yoda would more than likely be anyone they revive.

Hewhoknowsall
It would be cool if in "Allies" (the 5th book I think) the Jedi and the Tribe ally to take on an even greater thread. Vestara doesn't seem all that evil. What if Ben and Vestara get together? They're exactly the same age, and I doubt that that's a coincidence.

Incanus
Oh, great, there is a possibility of BEN SKYWALKER getting together with a SITH. Just futhermore proves EU ruins stuff they established.

Hewhoknowsall
Vestara doesn't seem to be that evil.

Incanus
She is still considered a sith, that would ruin everything the name Skywalker is about.

Hewhoknowsall
She is still considered a sith, that would ruin everything the name Skywalker is about.

She could be redeemed.

Incanus
True, but the whole Skywalker destroying the sith, blah blah blah blah, would ruin it if Ben Skywalker married a sith or something. Think, its the GRANDSON of Anakin Skywalker, the guy who threw Palpatine down a 280 foot shaft into the reactor core of the Death Star. PALPATINE! DEATH STAR! SHAFT! GUY!!!!!! INTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE!!!!!!!!!

xxxpoppunker182
True, but the whole Skywalker destroying the sith, blah blah blah blah, would ruin it if Ben Skywalker married a sith or something. Think, its the GRANDSON of Anakin Skywalker, the guy who threw Palpatine down a 280 foot shaft into the reactor core of the Death Star. PALPATINE! DEATH STAR! SHAFT! GUY!!!!!! INTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE!!!!!!!!!

luke married an emperors hand so ben hookin up with a sith is just awesome think about it son of the most powerful jedi and grandmaster hooks up with a sith hows that for forbidden love......

i think allies could refer to the jedi and ga teaming up

DarthLazious
I agree man.

Incanus
I will hurt the people that do that to Ben. Sith must always kill jedi scum, or the sith will not pwn. Vestara isnt a sith if that happens. Because she wouldnt pwn then.

ares834
Could this possibly be the 'true' Sith Empire?
Nope. They were simply members of the Ancient Sith that were stranded on the planet.

Darth Truculent
I would put Vestara on the same level of Mara and a little bit of Tahiri. She uses the dark side, but not fully corrupted. She was never taught the "rule of two" principle. I'm not sure she would sacrifice her friend or kill her Master to achieve Sith Lord status. And the whole concept of Sith Saber just disgusts me.

Is it just me, if one of these new Sith faced someone of Revan, Bane, Sidious, hell even Caedus's power, they wouldn't stand a chance. It is because they don't know the "rule of two." In order for the Sith to remain strong, there must be two at any given time. Otherwise, they turn on each other like a pack of rabid dogs.

Hewhoknowsall

Is it just me, if one of these new Sith faced someone of Revan, Bane, Sidious, hell even Caedus's power, they wouldn't stand a chance. It is because they don't know the "rule of two." In order for the Sith to remain strong, there must be two at any given time. Otherwise, they turn on each other like a pack of rabid dogs.

Revan didn't follow the rule of two and yet he still was very powerful.

But yeah, I have a feeling that Luke will just wtfpwn them all.

Incanus
Yeah, but Luke woulf wtfpwn anyone because authors made him omguber

I would put Vestara on the same level of Mara and a little bit of Tahiri. She uses the dark side, but not fully corrupted. She was never taught the "rule of two" principle. I'm not sure she would sacrifice her friend or kill her Master to achieve Sith Lord status. And the whole concept of Sith Saber just disgusts me.

Is it just me, if one of these new Sith faced someone of Revan, Bane, Sidious, hell even Caedus's power, they wouldn't stand a chance. It is because they don't know the "rule of two." In order for the Sith to remain strong, there must be two at any given time. Otherwise, they turn on each other like a pack of rabid dogs. The Rule of Two didnt make the sith stronger, it just ensured that they would survive and not turn on each other till there wernt any left. Srry if I misread your meaning.

Darth Truculent
Bane understood that for the Sith to remain strong (and survive) there must only be two. The Tribe of Sith on Kesh would probably be horrified at the teachings of Revan & Bane. Same goal - destroy the Jedi, but no Empire full of Sith Lords.

However, the Sith in FOTJ are going to face Jedi who defeated the Yuuzhan Vong & Caedus. They are no strangers to war, but IMO the Jedi that Luke trained will be destroyed. But casualties on both sides will be extreme, leading to the rise of Darth Krayt and his stupid 'One Sith Empire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.