Thanos Vs. Mephisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
Battle takes place in Mephisto's Realm.

Independently powered Thanos (no Cubes, Gauntlets, or any other artifact. Only his own personal powers).

Discuss.

Nihilist
In Mephs realm Thanos loses.

leonidas
yeah. thanos has a couple poor showings there, but in general his showings are very good. though he lost to thor and ss, he's also melted mjollnir in hell and melted ss's skin off, among other things. things clearly beyond thanos.

Nihilist
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah. thanos has a couple poor showings there, but in general his showings are very good. though he lost to thor and ss, he's also melted mjollnir in hell and melted ss's skin off, among other things. things clearly beyond thanos. ? You mean Mephisto?

leonidas
Originally posted by Nihilist
? You mean Mephisto?

oops, yes. embarrasment

Nihilist
Originally posted by leonidas
oops, yes. embarrasment Didnt Black Panther rip Mephs heart out as well.

Imo Thanos would give him a great fight in hell.

leonidas
Originally posted by Nihilist
Didnt Black Panther rip Mephs heart out as well.

Imo Thanos would give him a great fight in hell.

be a great fight, no doubt, but meph's high end feats have him in the skyfather class for sure. i think that's too much for thanos.

Enyalus
I'd say Thanos still wins. Yeah, Mephisto might still be a skyfather, but he's got such consistent poor showings you can't call it PIS anymore.

And Meph's not keeping Thanos down, if Odin didn't.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Enyalus
I'd say Thanos still wins. Yeah, Mephisto might still be a skyfather, but he's got such consistent poor showings you can't call it PIS anymore.

And Meph's not keeping Thanos down, if Odin didn't. Outside Meph's realm Thanos would take this for a good majority at least.

nicamarvin

Ouallada
A bit off-topic, but is there any proof at all that Odin is stronger in Asgard?

Enyalus

Ouallada
Originally posted by Enyalus

Odin isn't stronger in Asgard than anywhere else, but he can be. He can draw in the essence of Asgard itself as well as any/all Asgardians in order to amp himself.

Thanks smile

Black bolt z
Current thanos vs. Mephisto in his realm.

Colossus-Big C
mephisto in his realm is as powerful as a hungry galactus. besides pis and low showings he should beat the holy crap out of thanos

galactusischere
Mephisto.

Omega Vision
Mephisto.

Knowsbleed33
Mephisto.

Black bolt z
Adam(with soul gem)beat mephisto in his realm.

Knowsbleed33
Zippity doo-dah.

Blanket
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Adam(with soul gem)beat mephisto in his realm. Thor... Surfer I believe.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Blanket
Thor... Surfer I believe. What about them?

Blanket
Also beat Mephisto in his own realm.

JakeTheBank
So crazed naked Thanos?

Mephisto wins.

Blanket
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So crazed naked Thanos?

Mephisto wins. He's not crazed anymore. But he's still naked.

Knowsbleed33
And fat.

JakeTheBank
He's not crazed anymore. But he's still naked.

mmm

I need to re-evaluate my stance then.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I would say an even split.. Mephisto has too many low showings in his realm to give him a majority over Thanos. SS, Thor and Adam have all bested Mephisto... In fact Thanos at his weakest levels one shotted Adam with the Soul Gem

the ninjak
Mephisto gives him some threads and says "come back when you're serious"

vansonbee
Mephisto will beat Thanos.

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
And fat. Death a chubby chaser alright!

OneDumbG0
Thor... Surfer I believe. Not really. Mephisto's been arguably beaten physically only twice. By Adam Warlock w/ Soul Gem over Shalla Bal's soul and Strange/Doom via plot device pure soul attack. Thor's never physically cowed Mephisto. The one time Surfer look like he did, Mephisto threw the fight. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I would say an even split.. Mephisto has too many low showings in his realm to give him a majority over Thanos. SS, Thor and Adam have all bested Mephisto... In fact Thanos at his weakest levels one shotted Adam with the Soul Gem Had Mephisto wanted to fight Adam Warlock physically and kill him, Mephisto would likely have one-half-shotted Warlock. What Mephisto was truly contending with, was the Soul Gem's power over Shalla Bal's soul and souls in general.

It's true that Mephisto has rarely won, because his definition of winning is ensnaring his foe's soul. But just because he rarely succeeds at this game, doesn't mean Mephisto loses and is physically cowed by his opponents. No. It's Mephisto losing because he realizes that he can do nothing else but physically cow his opponents.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Not really. Mephisto's been arguably beaten physically only twice. By Adam Warlock w/ Soul Gem over Shalla Bal's soul and Strange/Doom via plot device pure soul attack. Thor's never physically cowed Mephisto. The one time Surfer look like he did, Mephisto threw the fight. Had Mephisto wanted to fight Adam Warlock physically and kill him, Mephisto would likely have one-half-shotted Warlock. What Mephisto was truly contending with, was the Soul Gem's power over Shalla Bal's soul and souls in general.

It's true that Mephisto has rarely won, because his definition of winning is ensnaring his foe's soul. But just because he rarely succeeds at this game, doesn't mean Mephisto loses and is physically cowed by his opponents. No. It's Mephisto losing because he realizes that he can do nothing else but physically cow his opponents.

Well said.. I have no disagreement

Wild Shadow
the only one i give real credit for being able to defeat mephisto in his own realm outside galactus and skyfathers is adam warlock and his gem.

SS and thor somehow winning has more to do with mephisto and his stupid soul stealing CIS and their souls being to pure and noble some how effecting mephisto.

something mephisto doesnt have to worry about with thanos..

theICONiac
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
the only one i give real credit for being able to defeat mephisto in his own realm outside galactus and skyfathers is adam warlock and his gem.

SS and thor somehow winning has more to do with mephisto and his stupid soul stealing CIS and their souls being to pure and noble some how effecting mephisto.

something mephisto doesnt have to worry about with thanos..

My thoughts exactly.

Plus, when Thanos first got the IG, Mephisto tried to trick Thanos out of it and claim it for himself. But he was surprised that when it was turned on him it by Thanos it nearly killed him.

He clearly felt he was superior to Thanos, so would he have been so brazen against a more 'worthy' foe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.