Spider-Man vs. Mantis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tejpis
Can her precog best his spider sense? Does it even work in combat?

Wild Shadow
Mantis is too much for spidey.

blue_beast
spidy webs mantis eyes and wins

Digi
Her pre-cog is much better, yes. But if he's {x} amount faster than her, no amount of pre-cog will help because she simply won't be able to move fast enough to avoid the inevitable.

So I don't know. I don't know that anyone can say definitively.

Wild Shadow
MA is spidey's kryptonite and she is MA fighter of the highest order.

Digi
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
MA is spidey's kryptonite and she is MA fighter of the highest order.

Kryptonite? Please use something besides the few punches Cap delivered in Civil War. Because his W/L against MA'ers is fine otherwise.

iceman24567
Mantis would stomp Spidey

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Digi
Kryptonite? Please use something besides the few punches Cap delivered in Civil War. Because his W/L against MA'ers is fine otherwise.

what about DD handing him his butt at least twice once when spidey had the black suit sym.

also i believe Ironfist has fought spidey and dont recall how it went but probably not good. big grin

Digi
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
what about DD handing him his butt at least twice once when spidey had the black suit sym.

also i believe Ironfist has fought spidey and dont recall how it went but probably not good. big grin

And I can post single-panel victories over DD if needed. Or several other MA'ers, despite contradicting fights in a few cases. Not to mention that the entirety of his feats far (far) outstrips any MA character. So what's your point? It's not "kryptonite," which was my point all along. Thus, appealing to "MA skills = end fight" isn't sufficient.

I don't have a problem with Mantis winning (I might, but I honestly don't know any of her feats except recent GotG stuff, which has been unimpressive). I just dislike correct opinions for incorrect reasons.

Battlehammer
And I can post single-panel victories over DD if needed. Or several other MA'ers, despite contradicting fights in a few cases.
Post them.

Digi
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Post them.

Lol. Post them please perhaps?

Anyway. I did, back when I made the original Spidey respect thread. You're welcome to go find them. Darkcrawler's thread has battles listed alphabetically, though, so you might have more luck there. I don't make things up in debates, so it's not my responsibility to slog off to find an obscure scan just because you call me out. Fight me in a Battlezone sometime. I promise I'll find it for you then.

I also don't take well to demands. So no, frankly, I don't feel like it.

Mantis wins, whatever. But in demanding such a scan and not actually taking my post for its intended purpose of pointing out Spidey's advantages over standard MA'ers, you're clearly missing my point anyway, so there's not much reason to belabor it.

Battlehammer
Lol. Post them please perhaps?

Anyway. I did, back when I made the original Spidey respect thread. You're welcome to go find them. Darkcrawler's thread has battles listed alphabetically, though, so you might have more luck there. I don't make things up in debates, so it's not my responsibility to slog off to find an obscure scan just because you call me out. Fight me in a Battlezone sometime. I promise I'll find it for you then.

Please dont state things like I will post them if needed, if when you get called out to post them you make statements like this. You seem quilty to be honest, i said two words and you go out on this huge spewl defending yourself and yet I never onces said you were lying or making it up.

I also don't take well to demands. So no, frankly, I don't feel like it.

Mantis wins, whatever. But in demanding such a scan and not actually taking my post for its intended purpose of pointing out Spidey's advantages over standard MA'ers, you're clearly missing my point anyway, so there's not much reason to belabor it.
Then dont make statements like I will post them if needed. Then when called out to post them you make up excuses.

dude you sound terribly quilty of lying, which I did not believe you were, but yoru responses to me saying "post them" makes you seem quite quilty. You very cealry overreacted to a statement so much so I feel like you are lying.

I also have never seen spiderman take DD out in a single pannel let a lone pural as you stated. I think you might be bullshitting and I did not think so untill this post of yours

and further makes me feel this way is your "mantis wins whatever comment" When I never argued who wins either way.

Battlehammer
And I can post single-panel victories over DD if needed. .
This looks to be bullshit. I looked in the respect thread and I own vast amount of spiderman comics and this to my knowledge has never occurred let a lone twices.

iceman24567
Ok we get it you call bullshit move on no expression

Battlehammer
Originally posted by iceman24567
Ok we get it you call bullshit move on no expression
and I doubt he will respond back to be honest. come on dont you think he sounded kinda guilty in his responses to tow single words.

iceman24567
I won't comment because if he does have proof i want to be the one to Go OOOHHH Snap erm

Battlehammer
I doubt he has it, but lol it would be funny

iceman24567
I'll be waiting no expression

supremthor
is this Marvel mantis or DC Mantis? ether war he loses the ether one

Digi
Battlehammer, don't accuse me of being "quilty" mutliple times with no evidence, then repeat it as you try to convince others that I sound "quilty." That's slander, plain and simple, and will be dealt with as harshly as if the victim were any other poster. Do I have any reason to lie? Any?! I rarely debate on the vs. forum, never care who "wins" a thread, and have openly stated that I think Mantis could win this. What do I have to gain?

I still have yet to see you deal with my actual point from the post, btw. A shame, really, that rational debate has to be buried under such mudslinging.

As it is, I'll try to dig up the scan I referenced, though why I am promising to do so for you is beyond me. But I do have other things to do than to than ponder obscurities on here with you, so it will have to wait for the time being.

And yeah, "post them" is a demand. Nobody likes those, nor those who issue them. Taking exception to such a statement isn't anything you should be surprised by. Bookending the phrase with something a bit more respectful, like I suggested, would do wonders for your ability to engage in productive debate.

iceman24567
Originally posted by supremthor
is this Marvel mantis or DC Mantis? ether war he loses the ether one Marvel

Digi
http://img520.imageshack.us/i/4381.gif/
Ta-da!

But please, go back to the end of the last page to my post to see why this shouldn't even be necessary.

I also took the liberty of going back to that particular issue to see how the fight turns out. Fortunate indeed that I numbered which issue each scan came from when I made the original respect thread, for occasions such as these. Wouldn't want to be guilty of lying, after all ( wink ). And I wasn't 100% correct, in that the punch doesn't KO DD entirely. However, it should also be noted that it's stated in the comic that Spidey is under hypnosis and not operating at peak efficiency. So DD states that SM is too fast for him to react, even when he's less than 100%. Anyway, neither gets fully KO'd, because Spidey comes out of it about a page later, but DD doesn't get any shots in either.

This is in addition to the aforementioned Spidey over DD battles I mentioned, a few of which are in DC's more recent respect thread (I checked on that too, wouldn't want to be guilty of lying). Regrettably, some of the scans are busted, but enough is there to prove my point.

Now. Battlehammer. You have a most uncanny ability to take threads to places they should never have gone in the first place. I'm amazed by it really. But my original point was this:
Someone made the comment that Spidey's kryptonite was MA skill, and ended with that. I disagreed, citing several victories over not just DD but others (please don't say "post them" to the victories over others btw...I've spent enough time here today, and Spidey has thousands of victories in comics by this point). And my point wasn't that he'd beat DD (hell, DD has some good showings against SM, the above scan notwithstanding), not even that he'd beat Mantis (which I've stated several times I don't know the outcome for certain). The point was that simply saying that a lot of MA skill is enough to beat Spidey, isn't true. And it's not. It might be right some of the time, but not as a rule. It was respectful and rational. It wasn't accusatory.

So that's it. The DD references weren't even the crux of the argument. It was just a footnote to the larger point, which I stand by and feel that I've justified myself with. If you'd like to accuse me further in this thread, you can feel secure that I won't be reading it, because now I really am done here. But if anything accusatory or inflammatory makes it way back in here, I expect it will be reported, and I'd rather not see that happen. So if we could keep things civil from here on out, I'd be thrilled. Thanks. Cheers.

iceman24567
OOOH snap i will provide a pic later just to be an ass big grin
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3829/ohsnap.jpg

Battlehammer
http://img520.imageshack.us/i/4381.gif/

Thats one instances not pural like you stated, it three pannels not 1 again as you had stated. Thats not the end of the fight, it goes on for several more pannels. So were is your single pannel "victories" over DD that you claimed?

so you are quilty as I stated. You dont have any "single pannel victories" to tprovide becuase they dont exsist, and all you did there was dances around what we were argueing about.

Battlehammer
On a side note, I never cared about your arguement, nor do I care about anything elses in this thread asside from you stating spiderman has "one-pannel victories" over DD, because he does not and that is BS.

Does spidermna have good showings vs DD, hell yes, but you compeltley misrepresented them by saying one pannel and then when you got calle dout on it youdanced around the subject. You could have just admitted you exagerrated the events and it would have been all good, but no you just danced around the arguement and provided a scan of part of an event.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by iceman24567
OOOH snap i will provide a pic later just to be an ass big grin
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3829/ohsnap.jpg

How is this ooh snapp? He dident even provide a single pannel victory let a lone victories like eh claimed there were.

iceman24567
I was going to post that shit no matter what no expression

Battlehammer
lol

Digi
On a side note, I never cared about your arguement, nor do I care about anything elses in this thread asside from you stating spiderman has "one-pannel victories" over DD, because he does not and that is BS.

Does spidermna have good showings vs DD, hell yes, but you compeltley misrepresented them by saying one pannel and then when you got calle dout on it youdanced around the subject. You could have just admitted you exagerrated the events and it would have been all good, but no you just danced around the arguement and provided a scan of part of an event.

I did? Did you read the post? I explained the feat in full, including the length and context, clarifying everything, including how I was initially incorrect but also how it still supported my argument. How is that dancing around it?

You seem so set on saying "Ha you're wrong!" that you failed to see that I pointed it out already, owned up to the initial mistake and corrected it, and still went on to contribute to the thread. Something, I might add, you have yet to do. So did you not read my post, or just ignore the part where I explained everything you did a few posts later as though I had never said it?

And I attempted to stay respectful. I say attempted because it's hard at this point. You've been nothing but patronizing, despite my attempts to be civil, and I find it hard at this point not to just tell you to grow up a bit instead of acting like a child. Right and wrong rarely matters when you're being a jerk.

srug

Battlehammer
I did? Did you read the post? I explained the feat in full, including the length and context, clarifying everything, including how I was initially incorrect but also how it still supported my argument. How is that dancing around it?

You seem so set on saying "Ha you're wrong!" that you failed to see that I pointed it out already, owned up to the initial mistake and corrected it, and still went on to contribute to the thread. Something, I might add, you have yet to do.

And attempted to stay respectful. I say attempted because it's hard at this point. You've been nothing but patronizing, despite my attempts to be civil, and I find it hard at this point not to just tell you to grow up a bit instead of acting like a child.

If you admitt what you said was falses, then were all good. I never cared about the rest. I hate when people state spiderman beat this MA or that MA in a single pannel when in fact it took several pannels. It a pet piev of mine. It not jsut with spiderman it with any character, people through around the hole beat this person/Koed this perosn in a hit or pannel far to often and it hardly ever the cases.

Battlehammer
also why would I contribute to this thread isent mantis like marvels version of KK, spiderman should get wrecked. She fights cosmic levels if not mistaken.

Digi
If you admitt what you said was falses, then were all good. I never cared about the rest. I hate when people state spiderman beat this MA or that MA in a single pannel when in fact it took several pannels. It a pet piev of mine.

Again kinda missing the point. Was the statement "one-panel" untrue? Yeah, sure. It'd been years since I saw the scan. But the point I made through the DD example is true, that MA'ers don't beat Spidey just because they're MAers, which was the central focus. My overarching argument was correct, even though one of the points inside the argument was incorrect. So I guess we're just emphasizing different aspects. You found one aspect of the argument to break down as incorrect, where I was more concerned with whether or not the actual claim I was making was correct.

And we're not all good. You're a jerk (which is being kind) and could've handled this WAAAYY better. You automatically jumped to attack me personally every chance you got. I'm not ok with anyone like that, and never will be.

Battlehammer
Again kinda missing the point. Was the statement "one-panel" untrue? Yeah, sure. It'd been years since I saw the scan. But the point I made through the DD example is true, that MA'ers don't beat Spidey just because they're MAers, which was the central focus. My overarching argument was correct, even though one of the points inside the argument was incorrect. So I guess we're just emphasizing different aspects. You found one aspect of the argument to break down as incorrect, where I was more concerned with whether or not the actual claim I was making was correct.

And we're not all good. You're a jerk (which is being kind) and could've handled this WAAAYY better. You automatically jumped to attack me personally every chance you got. I'm not ok with anyone like that, and never will be.

I did not have a problem with the rest of your post only that one part. MA's give spiderman problems but he can and has beat them.

I did not want to handle it better you sounded like you were fulll of shit. I am sorry you are not OK with me, but you never have been and won't likly ever will be so I could give a rats ass.

and you could have handle it much better as well sport.

so much for not responding back......

also the right word is not jerk, it ass hole.

which I fully admitt I am an ass hole it not something new.

Digi
I did not want to handle it better you sounded like you were fulll of shit. I am sorry you are not OK with me, but you never have been and won't likly ever will be so I could give a rats ass.

also the right word is not jerk, it ass hole.

which I fully admitt I am an ass hole it not something new.

See, this literally makes me sad for you. Is being an ******* really better than treating people with dignity? Is "post them, you're full of sh*t" better than "I don't think those exist, could you please show them to me to confirm it?" There's a reason no one listens to a lot of what you say, and it's not because you're wrong. It's because you're always working against people, not with them, to discern the truth.

Was I lying? No. I misremembered a scan and corrected the error on my own. That's not being full of sh*t. That's making an honest mistake, fixing it, and moving on. I don't care what you think of me, but I hope you can understand the difference between these two.

Reported, btw. I'm involved in this discussion, so I won't deal with it personally (a stipulation I put on my own mod activities), but it amounts to admitting that you have been insulting and trolling this whole time. It can't be allowed on the forums.

SuperiorTech
also why would I contribute to this thread isent mantis like marvels version of KK, spiderman should get wrecked. She fights cosmic levels if not mistaken.

From what I understand barring her MA abilities Mantis has a long list of powers.

Telepathy
Telekinesis
Precognition
Pyrokinesis

Battlehammer
See, this literally makes me sad for you. Is being an ******* really better than treating people with dignity? Is "post them, you're full of sh*t" better than "I don't think those exist, could you please show them to me to confirm it?" There's a reason no one listens to a lot of what you say, and it's not because you're wrong. It's because you're always working against people, not with them, to discern the truth.

That may work better, I give it a try. Though thoses same people who dont listen to me, are equally as bad or worses.

Was I lying? No. I misremembered a scan and corrected the error on my own. That's not being full of sh*t. That's making an honest mistake, fixing it, and moving on. I don't care what you think of me, but I hope you can understand the difference between these two.

You said pural "victories" menaing more then on event, what was the other one you were thinking of?

I understand, and it happens I have forgotten things before. I would not have even made a deal out of it if your responses to two little words was not so defensive which is why I believed you were lying due to your responses.

Reported, btw. I'm involved in this discussion, so I won't deal with it personally (a stipulation I put on my own mod activities), but it amounts to admitting that you have been insulting and trolling this whole time. It can't be allowed on the forums.
I was not trolling, I was calling you out on your own statement. I never insulted you I called you out, you actaully insulted me by calling me a jerk. I never did any such thing.

warn me though I dont care, your a ***** anyways (now thats an insult)

Battlehammer
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
From what I understand barring her MA abilities Mantis has a long list of powers.

Telepathy
Telekinesis
Precognition
Pyrokinesis
Yea I thought so as well.

D_Dude1210
I like Spidey but Mantis has been able to tag the Runner. stick out tongue So she won't have the same trouble DD has on SM.

Also, JEEZ BH why so much anger? O_o

Badabing
Battlehammer, I know you get a bit wound up in these threads but there's no need to be as aggressive as it appears you've been to Digi.

I've read the posts and replies the past 2 pages and you did come off as angry at the very least imo.

I'm not going to give out warnings but please tone it down. The forum is supposed to be fun, not a source of stress. Thank you.

leonidas
her more recent appearances in gotg would indicate that spidey could take her. she does have some high end feats in her history though. meh. looking at her history i'd say she would take him more often than not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.