Did you know ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies

Incanus
Tolkien writes pure genius =-) Jackson changes it, but can still make a good movie.

Morgromir
The only major flaw in his films is tom bambadil WE WANT TOM!!!!
i cant believe he cut him out sad

teamB_macro
i once spent an entire weekend just watching the trilogy and the dvd extras. lol my eyes hurt and i still can't understand half of what gollum says

Incanus
Tolkien pwns JK Rowling, the Dementors are rip offs of the Nazgul.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Incanus
Tolkien pwns JK Rowling, the Dementors are rip offs of the Nazgul. Can you really blame Rowling? When you need undead-ish, nightmare inducers that drain all hope---Nazgul are the progenitor.

It's getting annoying to constantly see the title of this thread and then start singing to myself: "Do you know what it feels like, loving someone...."

Morgromir
Rolling is stealing Tolkiens thunder the wizards in lotr could pwn the wizards in HP and really the nazgul are way more nightmarish than the demeantors

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Morgromir
Rolling is stealing Tolkiens thunder the wizards in lotr could pwn the wizards in HP and really the nazgul are way more nightmarish than the demeantors SARUMAN: "So, Lord Voldemort, you come now to Isengard to challenge me to--"

VOLDEMORT: "Avada Kedavra."

Incanus
Gandalf: I am a servant of the secret fire, weilder of the Flame of Anor, you shall not pass!
Voldemort:Avada Kedavra!
Gandalf: *moves and shoots Voldemort with a fire ball*

Morgromir
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
SARUMAN: "So, Lord Voldemort, you come now to Isengard to challenge me to--"

VOLDEMORT: "Avada Kedavra."

Voldemort would reply hes stupid like that , Sauruman =Voldemort
Gandalf=Dumbledor

the two biggest badasses in HP only barely equal The two biggest badass wizards in Lotr

for the most part HP spells are visible, and are spoken(to achieve full potential) opposed to lotr where they only have to be thought and only have a flash

Lord Lucien
But to what effect does the Istari magic have on HP magic? As far as we've seen and read, the effects of Istari magic seems to be more... ethereal and incorporeal. HP magic on the other hand is direct, fast, and very, very dangerous, especially in the hands of masters like Dumbledore and Voldemort. Assuming the Avada Kedavra is unblockable to the Istari as well as HP, then what's Gandalf or Saruman going to do? Not to mention Voldemort and Dumbledore's total mastery over transfiguration, apparation, and conjuring.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.