Bond's Baretta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
Im not a Bond Wiz kid, but why did Bond have to get rid of his Baretta?

Jovan
I take it you refer to Dr. No? He had to return it... the PPK was better or something along those lines.

Kazenji
Yep jovans right they also said if he stuck with the baretta bond would've probably been killed.

Placidity
It's "Beretta" I believe. Which is a pretty well-regarded weapons manufacturer... although the one Bond had did look piss weak.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by SWblayde938
Im not a Bond Wiz kid, but why did Bond have to get rid of his Baretta? He is forced to discontinue using it in Dr. No because M felt it had little stopping power and it had jammed on Bond before in a previous mission which resulted in him being hospitalized due to gunshot wounds. M instructed the Q Branch officer to give him the standard issue Walther PPK.

Aklis
Actually, the real life-thing, was because Fleming received a letter from a 'Geoffrey Boothroyd', saying that a the Beretta that Bond used was a lady's gun, and after several letters, Boothroyd recommended the Walther PPK as being the best automatic of that size.

In honour of the man who technically gave Bond the pistol that became one of the greatest weapons throughout film, Q was named Boothroyd.

tdpubs
My wife shoots a beretta from time and loves it. The pistol is small and light. She finds that it is the perfect lady's weapon.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by tdpubs
My wife shoots a beretta from time and loves it. The pistol is small and light. She finds that it is the perfect lady's weapon.

sounds like you have a dangerous woman for a wife. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.