Hal Jordan vs Steve Rogers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wei Phoenix
Scenario: Hal gives Steve a Blue Ring and spends a year training him in the ways of the Lantern and whatnot. Over the time they become friends and gain a new level of respect for each other. On their last day together Hal challenges him to a friendly match.

Neither combatant are going all out, and they're both battling in character so no killing, cheating, crushing them with a bubble.

Steve gets his shield.

jalek moye
Hal lets Steve win because he would feel bad for beating the American dream

SWblayde938
it be a close fight, but hal would overcome Steve cause of more experience with the ring.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jalek moye

gogogadgetgo
steve is dead. hall wins

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
steve is dead. hall wins

Literally dead?

Mrblonde
steve is dead. hall wins

Who's Hall ? Anyway Hal wins this through experience

SamZED
steve is dead. hall wins
Did you just say that Steve died and went to hell? mad

Kazenji
Yeah who is Hall ??

Mshinu
Steve won`t match Hal with just one year of training. Not even in a friendly match.

-Pr-
Hal.

Galan007
this would be a LONG match, as both rings would be constantly charging each other.

but hal eventually wins.

willRules
Steve's blue ring makes Hal stronger the longer they fight. Steve makes Hal more powerful due to the presence of a blue ring. He's actually helping his opponent win!!!

Philosophía

Hal wouldn't feel bad for beating anything

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/HalBeatingCarol.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/HalBeatingCarol1.jpg

That's just how he rolls.

-Pr-
^ funny considering what star sapphires went on to do, maybe he should have smacked her harder, and katma would still be alive.

Wei Phoenix

Philosophía
Edit: Maybe too gross.

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
hal eventually wins.

Phantom Zone
Just out of interest why would Hal win? I cant say that would Steve would win but y'know im just so not suprised that Hal was voted the winner by some people.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Just out of interest why would Hal win? I cant say that would Steve would win but y'know im just so not suprised that Hal was voted the winner by some people.
Because he is one of the greatest Green Lanterns ever, a yea of training wouldnt be enough to beat him

Phantom Zone
a yea of training wouldnt be enough to beat him

fair enough.

darthgoober
Cap wins. Kyle hit greatness fairly quickly thanks to the imagination that accompanies being a talented artist, right? Well Cap's also an artist and has a peak human brain that allows him to learn faster than most. He's led Quasar in the field plenty of times so he's already familiar with many of the ways constructs can be useful in combat, and his will/hope probably equals Hal when he STARTS training, let alone after working with the ring for a year.

Hal gets his clock cleaned with an American Flag shaped construct for being a woman beater big grin .

Galan007
i just can't see steve training for a single year overcoming hal's decades-long experience. *shrug*

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by darthgoober
Cap wins. Kyle hit greatness fairly quickly thanks to the imagination that accompanies being a talented artist, right? Well Cap's also an artist and has a peak human brain that allows him to learn faster than most. He's led Quasar in the field plenty of times so he's already familiar with many of the ways constructs can be useful in combat, and his will/hope probably equals Hal when he STARTS training, let alone after working with the ring for a year.

Hal gets his clock cleaned with an American Flag shaped construct for being a woman beater big grin .

I was actually consdiering that point but I couldnt think of any examples of other GLs who learnt quickly.

-Pr-

kyle sucked at the beginning. there were months and months of stories where he's wondering if he's ever going to shake off the hal jordan stigma. he was good, sure, and he did well in the league, but greatness? that took a bit longer, iirc.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Galan007
i just can't see steve training for a single year overcoming hal's decades-long experience. *shrug*
Kang noted that (at least in regards to new forms of fighting) Cap learned in days what others took years to master. Besides Cap always wins, that's just the way it is stick out tongue .

Phantom Zone
Kang noted that (at least in regards to new forms of fighting) Cap learned in days what others took years to master. Besides Cap always wins, that's just the way it is stick out tongue .

There are also examples of him learning things and being a pro in a short period of time.

darthgoober
Originally posted by -Pr-
kyle sucked at the beginning. there were months and months of stories where he's wondering if he's ever going to shake off the hal jordan stigma. he was good, sure, and he did well in the league, but greatness? that took a bit longer, iirc.
Kyle floundered at first because he was all alone and was having to teach himself the ropes of being a lantern. If he'd had someone like Hal training him I doubt it would have taken anywhere near that long.

-Pr-
Kyle floundered at first because he was all alone and was having to teach himself the ropes of being a lantern. If he'd had someone like Hal training him I doubt it would have taken anywhere near that long.

that's probably true, but kyle still had plenty of issues. plus, hal is considered the daddy of all lanterns for a reason. it isn't just training that makes him what he is. hell, according to his origin, he didn't even follow his own training that much.

just don't see cap toppling that with barely a year...

darthgoober
that's probably true, but kyle still had plenty of issues. plus, hal is considered the daddy of all lanterns for a reason. it isn't just training that makes him what he is. hell, according to his origin, he didn't even follow his own training that much.

It's like Nick Fury pointed out when Cap used his shield to take down a missile that had already taken off, when Cap sets his mind to doing something, it gets done(and that was without a ring) wink .

-Pr-
It's like Nick Fury pointed out when Cap used his shield to take down a missile that had already taken off, when Cap sets his mind to doing something, it gets done(and that was without a ring) wink .

you could say the same thing about hal, you know...

Wei Phoenix

So the Daddy of all Lanterns putting the Daddy of Courage, Honor, and Bravery through the most rigorous training ever?

Has Hal blocked or took the American dream shield to the face? devil devil

darthgoober
you could say the same thing about hal, you know...
Yeah but that's WITH the ring. It could be said about ANYONE who has a GL ring. Point is, Cap doesn't need the ring to gain the trait stick out tongue .

-Pr-
Yeah but that's WITH the ring. It could be said about ANYONE who has a GL ring. Point is, Cap doesn't need the ring to gain the trait stick out tongue .

it's not, actually. hal is that good, he just doesn't have that handy sss to help him out. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
So the Daddy of all Lanterns putting the Daddy of Courage, Honor, and Bravery through the most rigorous training ever?

Has Hal blocked or took the American dream shield to the face? devil devil

hal would catch it and toss it back.

darthgoober
it's not, actually. hal is that good, he just doesn't have that handy sss to help him out. stick out tongue

You got "ringless" feats to back that up evil face ?

-Pr-
You got "ringless" feats to back that up evil face ?

to back up what? willpower? courage? bravery? (thanks wei)

Wei Phoenix

hal would catch it and toss it back.

Tahaha...oh wait...no expression

darthgoober
to back up what? willpower? courage? bravery? (thanks wei)
His being "that good".

-Pr-
Tahaha...oh wait...no expression

laughing out loud

His being "that good".

you want me to show all hal's positive qualities without the ring, even though having the ring has no bearing on those same actual qualities?

darthgoober
you want me to show all hal's positive qualities without the ring, even though having the ring has no bearing on those same actual qualities?
No, I want you to show Hal being able to do anything he sets his mind to without the ring stick out tongue .

9 times out of 10 regardless of the topic, if you want to be right all you have to say is "Captain America wins".

Tazer
Yo.

No, I want you to show Hal being able to do anything he sets his mind to without the ring stick out tongue .

9 times out of 10 regardless of the topic, if you want to be right all you have to say is "Captain America wins".

yea, but thats only said when U have no evidence and simply want Cap to win......

wink

Tazer

-Pr-

Hal was never reduced to this:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/mvpizzazz05.jpg

he wins. stick out tongue

Enyalus
Linda Ronstadt ain't bad. stick out tongue

Cap has more hope and mental discipline than Hal has willpower and mental discipline, IMO. Cap takes it.

xJLxKing
Hal wins

darthgoober
Hal was never reduced to this:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/mvpizzazz05.jpg

he wins. stick out tongue
The band wouldn't have Hal, he'd have jumped at the chance to join if they'd let him.

Tazer
Yo.

The band wouldn't have Hal, he'd have jumped at the chance to join if they'd let him.

Hal wouldnt even want to join; he'd simply be after Linda anyways.

and he'd get her too, cuz thats how he rolls.

Tazer

Mindset
Oh, I didn't know Linda was a tranny.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mindset

My favorite kind of woman. Jumpy

Tazer
Yo.

prolly not, but look at Cap; apparently.......he did.

eek! laughing

Tazer

Mindset
He's not looking at her.

Tattoos N Scars
Looks like he slapped her breasts in the last one.

That looks like the classic trailer park beatdown right there. That chick got bitchslapped for not havin' Hal's dinner ready on time..lol

Tazer
Yo.

He's not looking at her.

no he's not, he's looking @ Doc; however that smile on his face which he's giving Doc says he's hoping to make him part of a "3-sausage sandwich", which kinda says something about Cap, but hey.......

laughing out loud

Tazer

Juntai
wtf. . .

-Pr-
Originally posted by Enyalus
Linda Ronstadt ain't bad. stick out tongue

Cap has more hope and mental discipline than Hal has willpower and mental discipline, IMO. Cap takes it.

laughing out loud

hal didn't have the time anyways, he was too busy saving the universe... stick out tongue

PRAYERRUN
Honestly, Hal is an american hero too.

FOOM
Sure Steve is also an artist, but his imagination isn't that great. Have you heard his speeches; always the same ol' thing over and over again.

Still, one year of training is enough for Cap if the writer is American - not nearly enough training if the writer is from any other country.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by FOOM
Sure Steve is also an artist, but his imagination isn't that great. Have you heard his speeches; always the same ol' thing over and over again.

facepalm

Blair Wind

Does that one time come out of when he lost Civil War?

Philosophía
He lost before it even started.

He was winning the fight from Civil War #7 before he gave up though.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by FOOM
Still, one year of training is enough for Cap if the writer is American - not nearly enough training if the writer is from any other country.

laughing

Tazer

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

laughing

Tazer

Ok it just seems weird that they would have anybody from another country writing a Captain America story...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.