Prime of the Jedi=PT Era

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alterangel
We all know that the PT Era=the prime of the Jedi. But my question is:

Does that mean Jedi Order in general?

aka numbers, wealth, galactic standing, control

OR

were the Jedi themselves more powerful?

aka generally speaking the individual Jedi tended to be more powerful in the force and better trained than anyother era

Id understand either but Id like to know what you guys think.

xxxpoppunker182
by alterangel

OR

aka generally speaking the individual Jedi tended to be more powerful in the force and better trained than anyother era

GL stated that the pt era was the golden age for the jedi in lightsaber combat. But that's all i know bud

I would think that it's a mix of the two though. They for sure had more jedi in the PT era than any other as for galactic standing i'm not so sure since the republic was comepletely fine with the murder of all of them.

as to the power of individuals thats up for debate since every age has their prodigies and just flat out good force useres and I'd put one of those from lets say Revans era above someone like colmen treber.

Major Valerian
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
GL stated that the pt era was the golden age for the jedi in lightsaber combat. But that's all i know bud

I would think that it's a mix of the two though. They for sure had more jedi in the PT era than any other as for galactic standing i'm not so sure since the republic was comepletely fine with the murder of all of them.

as to the power of individuals thats up for debate since every age has their prodigies and just flat out good force useres and I'd put one of those from lets say Revans era above someone like colmen treber.

In terms of lightsaber mastery and Force prowess, the KOTOR Jedi are not nearly as powerful as the PT Jedi. I can name you quite a few Jedi from the PT era who would defeat anyone from the KOTOR era (with the exception of Revan and maybe Malak).

What exactly do you mean by 'the republic was completely fine with the murder of all of them'?

Allankles
Originally posted by alterangel

OR

It's a combination of all those factors. They had the most powerful Jedi in galactic history in the persons of Yoda, Anakin, Mace Windu et al and probably were better trained on average than the Jedi of other eras since they had a long period without upheavals to expand and improve their training.

The Republic was also at its peak during their time, controlling many more systems than was the case in previous eras (like the Kotor era or Bane era), and the Jedi numbers swelled as a result.

Hewhoknowsall
It's strange that the Jedi in their prime is the jedi right before their fall/near extinction. Same thing with the republic.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Major Valerian
In terms of lightsaber mastery and Force prowess, the KOTOR Jedi are not nearly as powerful as the PT Jedi. I can name you quite a few Jedi from the PT era who would defeat anyone from the KOTOR era (with the exception of Revan and maybe Malak).

that is exactly what i said.

well in ROTS when Palpatine is giving his speech on how the republic will be reformed into an empire he says the remaining jedi will be hunted down and destroyed and the republic responds with "Thunderous applause".

Major Valerian
But that's not the Republic. That's officially the Galactic Empire.

Lord Lucien
Same thing. They wouldn't actually be the Imperial Senate until Palpatine said so, and he talked about hunting down the Jedi before that. Either way, Senators of the Republic applauded the death of the Jedi.

Major Valerian
Yeah, that's true. But it was only because they were tricked into believing a big, fat, convenient lie. If Palpatine had not told them what they supposedly did, they would have no reason to applaud the death of the Jedi.

Gideon

Ms.Marvel
stop trolling.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Gideon
What is this?

There's no point in trying to discuss it. Canon statements, quotes, and events are all inadmissible because Leland Chee has made it explicitly clear that there are no "power charts" at LFL; no character is established to be more powerful than another character.

Hell, it just might be plausible that they're all equal!

It's brilliant.

Chee's plan from the beginning; he wants to promote equality in Star Wars! What better place to demonstrate the theme of justice? In such a diverse world with many species and races, he's using the power charts line as a metaphor for the real world.

There is no such thing as "power." We all have power!

Equality!

Yay!

Incanus
Equality is a lie. It binds the weak to the strong, and prevents them from being powerful. The weak must be rooted out and exterminated.

Ms.Marvel
"-Adolf Hitler?

"-Apocalypse?

"- Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Incanus
here it is
"Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence. "Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors. "Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt." ―Darth Bane btw the weird things wernt originally part of it

Ms.Marvel
oh. darth bane. whatever. hes a boring one-dimensional character.

Incanus
He isnt boring. He is just not that well explained.

Ms.Marvel
"zomg hate breeds the strong the only the strongest survive blah blah blah". its such an uninteresting and cliche concept

mattatom
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
"zomg hate breeds the strong the only the strongest survive blah blah blah". its such an uninteresting and cliche concept Like the Sith ideal?

Gideon
stop trolling.

Says the person who insults complete strangers on random threads. You don't think I saw your little post to me on the "Weakest Sith Ever" thread before you wisely edited it out?

There are very few people here with whom I will waste time talking to. You're not one of them. Do me a favor (this is actually a command) and never attempt to address me ever again.

Thank you in advance.

Nephthys
Oh dear.

Gideon
Originally posted by Nephthys
Oh dear.

This generation of posters needs to be constantly reminded that I am always better than they are.

You should try it sometime.

Nephthys
About you or me?

Because I'm busy doing that with Darth Sexy and I'm too polite to do it to Noobs. And I don't know if Emi will allow me to ride both his and your nuts at the same time. Or if its physically possible...mmm

Gideon
And I don't know if Emi will allow me to ride both his and your nuts at the same time. Or if its physically possible...mmm

Let's get one thing straight. Eminence? Great debater and all (now), but back then? He was constantly on Janus's nuts; he resembled a rather fat tumor on Janus's testicles. Everything Janus would say, Eminence would imitate and never contribute.

"LAWL RAGNOS OWNZ EVERYONE!!!1!"

Until Lightsnake came along and converted me. And then I kicked Eminence's ass on a regular basis that even his tongue bore the honor my shoeprint.

I forced him to accept Palpatine's supremacy and though he is occasionally defiant, he realizes I'm completely right, far better than he is, and there's nothing he can do about it.

So riding Eminence's nuts is rather like riding a pair of Skittles.

Slash_KMC
Let's get one thing straight. Eminence? Great debater and all (now), but back then? He was constantly on Janus's nuts; he resembled a rather fat tumor on Janus's testicles. Everything Janus would say, Eminence would imitate and never contribute.

"LAWL RAGNOS OWNZ EVERYONE!!!1!"

Until Lightsnake came along and converted me. And then I kicked Eminence's ass on a regular basis that even his tongue bore the honor my shoeprint.

I forced him to accept Palpatine's supremacy and though he is occasionally defiant, he realizes I'm completely right, far better than he is, and there's nothing he can do about it.

So riding Eminence's nuts is rather like riding a pair of Skittles.

You live in the past too much.

Nephthys
Wait, you were agreeing with Janus back then as well? It seems kinda hypocritical to rag on Eminence (hilariously) for doing what you were as well, only after you stopped.

But Ok, I'll make sure all new member give you the fellating you apparantly deserve.

Gideon

This is why I want to leave.

You all really can't see that I'm just trying to bust on Eminence?

I am considering rephrasing that...

Nephthys
I feel stupid now. sad

Damn internets, with no voice inclinations, makin it hard to detect sarcasm and the like. Damn it to Hell!

Gideon
I feel stupid now. sad

Damn internets, with no voice inclinations, makin it hard to detect sarcasm and the like. Damn it to Hell!

No one can be that egomaniacal.

Vorpal Ruin
Says the person who insults complete strangers on random threads. You don't think I saw your little post to me on the "Weakest Sith Ever" thread before you wisely edited it out?

There are very few people here with whom I will waste time talking to. You're not one of them. Do me a favor (this is actually a command) and never attempt to address me ever again.

Thank you in advance.

Someone went upside someone elses head! eek!

Gideon
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Someone went upside someone elses head! eek!

That's not the first time I've comewent upside someone else's head. shifty

But yeah, what's-its-face deserved it. This is pretty much the first time I've interacted with it and, in the midst of a discussion with Advent, it randomly insulted me. I saw it and was about to deal with it, and then I saw that it had edited the post.

So then I was like "whatever."

And then it comes here today and tries to do it again?

no sir

That's not the proper etiquette around here.

Dr McBeefington
About you or me?

Because I'm busy doing that with Darth Sexy and I'm too polite to do it to Noobs. And I don't know if Emi will allow me to ride both his and your nuts at the same time. Or if its physically possible...mmm

Yes, you're busy getting your ass kicked, and responding with something i've already posted to you, followed by long posts of denial.

Eminence
thumb upGideon
No one can be that egomaniacal. no expressionsmokin'

Nephthys
I think someone need to brush up on the meaning of denial. Hint- Arguing isn't denying anything, its pretty much just arguing.

It's you Gideon. Kids run around debating about who could win in a fight: Your ego or Superman. I'm not saying that your ego could take on superman, but, y'know, kids are stupid.

(Friends reference FTW!)

Dr McBeefington
I think someone need to brush up on the meaning of denial. Hint- Arguing isn't denying anything, its pretty much just arguing.
Denial. Getting your ass kicked in a debate and instead of conceding, triggering your defense mechanism(denial) which tells you that you really didn't lose. Instead, you won the argument and everything the other guy called you bounces off of you back to him, and HE shoudl concede.

You're getting sad.

Eminence
DS
Denial. Getting yourmy ass kicked in a debate and instead of conceding, triggering yourmy defense mechanism(denial) which tells youme that youI really didn't lose.Magnificent, isn't it?

Nephthys
And true.

Dr McBeefington
And true.

Unfortunately he was talking about his debate with me, which applies just as easily with my debate with yousmile Again, sad.

Nephthys
And I wasn't? erm

Dr McBeefington
And I wasn't? erm

Not unless you are finally admitting that you've had your ass handed to you, and you've continuously posted while in denial.

Eminence
4 me.

Okay, you guys need to summarize your arguments in the other thread for me so I can pass Final Judgement on them. From what I saw, Allankles and Neph had the better case overall, but I obviously didn't read through the entire thing so it's possible that I missed something important. I can go into this with an open mind and fix shit, because watching you two snap at each other across the forum isn't nearly as entertaining after a week.

To make this easy: the person who doesn't do it loses. Case closed.

Do it.

Nephthys
What? How does me saying you got tooled by Eminence mean you tooled me?

Ahh, but I have so much to do all ready, I need to reply to Gideon and I need to DOTOR today

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Eminence
4 me.

Okay, you guys need to summarize your arguments in the other thread for me so I can pass Final Judgement on them. From what I saw, Allankles and Neph had the better case overall, but I obviously didn't read through the entire thing so it's possible that I missed something important. I can go into this with an open mind and fix shit, because watching you two snap at each other across the forum isn't nearly as entertaining after a week.

To make this easy: the person who doesn't do it loses. Case closed.

Do it.

That just means you'll have to read through it again and explain how they could possibly have a case when each the Exile has no relevant combat feats and each fight(other than Atris) had some kind of circumstance leading up to the victory.

Gideon
Don't waste your time replying to me. My opinion will not change; I see no logic in what Advent was trying to argue.

The Versus forum has been broken.

Dr McBeefington
Good lord. You're hopeless.

Nephthys
I'm doing it anyway. For the luls. For myself. For PONY!!

Eminence
DS
That just means you'll have to read through it again and explain how they could possibly have a case when each the Exile has no relevant combat feats and each fight(other than Atris) had some kind of circumstance leading up to the victory. No, it means I'll read through the actual points instead of all the witless vitriolic filler.

Hm. That one's good, I'm keeping it.

Dr McBeefington
Not really. You'd first have to define what you consider "witty", and prove how the various posts of indignant ranting don't fit into your definition.

Eminence
DS
Not really. You'd first have to define what you consider "witty", and prove how the various posts of indignant ranting don't fit into your definition.No.

Dr McBeefington
No.

Well then, there appears to be no witless, vitriolic fillers then since everything is subjectivesmile

Gideon
^ That's DS's line. Opt for some originality.

Eminence
WTF?

Shut the f/uck up.

DS, you're clearly not doing anything, go post.

Dr McBeefington
WTF?

Shut the f/uck up.

DS, you're clearly not doing anything, go post.

I've already posted Faunus. Now you can add your thoughts as to how the arguments have ANY merit whatsoever.

AnalBlast
Yeah Sexy, why don't you go castrate yourself with a rusty metal spoon and leave us out of it? The worst thing about your posts as that they were all formulated under the influence of a very dangerous drug called, "Noobaris's dick is in my mouth while I type his opinions" amphetamine.

Nephthys
Hey, if neither of us post, does that mean we both lose? Or do I still win, becuase you've said I was in the lead already?

Eminence
Hmm...

Sure.

Hewhoknowsall
I don't remember the PT era being the prime of the Republic. Why else were numerous systems breaking away from the Republic because they thought that it was corrupt?

Wolverine2179

The Versus forum has been broken. For real?

Gideon
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
For real?

For real. It's a newfound epiphany: we're not allowed to trust quotes or the source material (when it doesn't pertain to that hunk, Anakin Skywalker or Kyle Katarn and Marka Ragnos) by decree of a certain special lady.

Wolverine2179
I'm done debating anyways. Now i just want to sit back and troll.

Eminence
That's a good way to make sure you don't get banned. smile

Wolverine2179
Meh i "Troll" when people PM and attack me, i don't want to do it too openly this time round.

Incanus got owned hard via a PM when he attacked my parents for no reason.. lulz.

Gideon
I'm done debating anyways. Now i just want to sit back and troll.

I've been seeing that word so often, here recently.

The context and meaning seem so ambiguous,

See what I just did there, Advent? I used one of your new favorite words! Ambiguous!

but I think I've picked up the meaning:

Troll: n. An individual who provides or supports a contention in an argument that opposes the ideals of the egomaniacal or emotionally unstable.

Did I get it right?

Incanus
Meh i "Troll" when people PM and attack me, i don't want to do it too openly this time round.

Incanus got owned hard via a PM when he attacked my parents for no reason.. lulz. riiiight keep dreaming.

Dr McBeefington
When in doubt, do what the antediluvians do, and claim "trolll!!!!"

That word has lost its meaning on this forum.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Incanus
riiiight keep dreaming. yawn

Slash_KMC
For real. It's a newfound epiphany: we're not allowed to trust quotes or the source material (when it doesn't pertain to that hunk, Anakin Skywalker or Kyle Katarn and Marka Ragnos) by decree of a certain special lady.

She really has a huge effect on you, doesn't she. Why don't you just ignore her? No, you really have to involve everyone in something she said...

Gideon
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
She really has a huge effect on you, doesn't she.

She was my one true love.

This is much more fun.

How else can I "troll"? Is there a way to do it without bringing in others?

Honestly, Slash, you're a bright guy. Don't like it? Don't read it.

Slash_KMC
I've been doing this 'no reading' thing for a lot of members here.

Gideon
Is there something on your mind, sonSlash?

Adjourn to my office (RoK or PM or PM on RoK) to discuss it.

Incanus
Wait, you have to read it to base an opinion on it........ Otherwise you wont know if you like it or not...........

and slash i have been working on not be a moron and noobish........ cant help it witth lack of material......... getting over fanboyism now......

mattatom
I've been doing this 'no reading' thing for a lot of members here.
Am I one of them?Originally posted by Incanus
Wait, you have to read it to base an opinion on it........ Otherwise you wont know if you like it or not...........

and slash i have been working on not be a moron and noobish........ cant help it witth lack of material......... getting over fanboyism now......
*Enter Red* Improving your spelling and punctuation couldn't hurt.
Though I am a Fanboy in that I have my favourite characters, *coughs* Pellaeon *coughs* Mara, but I don't take it OTT.

Incanus
Im working on typing quickly, most of the time i can do it fast and yet hit the keys accuratly. and i am not in critical thinking mode, so i dont care about that stuff right now as long as i get my point across.

mattatom

Lord Lucien

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You're newly engaged aren't you?
Well...does two months count?

Incanus
Yes it does.

mattatom
Then yes, but tbh we've been dating for what? 6 years?

Lord Lucien
Since you were 11? I didn't think kids that young can "date."

mattatom
Since you were 11? I didn't think kids that young can "date."
Not in the 'official' term, we were just 'going out exclusively' then, then we were dating now were engaged, tbh, you know some couples have lists where you put people your allowed to sleep with on? We got themmm, lmaao.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
She really has a huge effect on you, doesn't she. Why don't you just ignore her? No, you really have to involve everyone in something she said... I thought it was hilarious when she pretty much called me a young whippersnapper and, instead of formulating a clear argument, decided to ramble on about how amazing she was back in the good old days.

Slash_KMC
Is there something on your mind, sonSlash?

Adjourn to my office (RoK or PM or PM on RoK) to discuss it.

Well, you decided to leave yesterday before I read this.

Originally posted by mattatom
Am I one of them?

Nope. But srsly dude, 6 years since you were eleven. That's a long time.

My longest relationship was 2 years. But I think I'm going to pass that though now, only a few months left and I've done so.

mattatom
Nope. But srsly dude, 6 years since you were eleven. That's a long time.

My longest relationship was 2 years. But I think I'm going to pass that though now, only a few months left and I've done so.
Well things are still fresh we enjoy each others company, and we have fun. What else is there?

Ms.Marvel

Thank you in advance.

troll. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gideon
Well, you decided to leave yesterday before I read this.

When I told you to not read, that's not quite what I meant.

Gideon
troll. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It took you twenty four hours to come up with this? That constitutes as a poor use of a great deal of time.

And, like I said, you threw an insult at me on the "Weakest Sith Ever" thread before your kneels buckled in fear and you changed your mind, editing it out.

Too bad I still saw it.

That's trolling. So STFU; we're very harsh on hypocrites around here.

Your suffering has only just begun...

no expression

Ms.Marvel
It took you twenty four hours to come up with this? That constitutes as a poor use of a great deal of time.

its called "life". we cant all dedicate our lives to thinking up witty replies to post on message boards and pondering why we're hated across the internet and bitching about disloyal girlfriends. some of us have real responsibilities to attend to. as for the rest of your drivel...

heres whats going to happen. im going to tell you one more time to stop trolling and that will mark the end of my post. youre going to surely reply with some snarky pseudo-intellectual statement but im not going to see it, because youll be on ignore, and youll continue to stay on ignore until i think youve learned how to act your age.

stop trolling.

Gideon
The problem is that you threw out the first insult. All I'm doing is just playing the game you set up.

The difference is just that I'm winning.

Everyone noticed the fact that you're trying to avoid explaining your actions on the "Weakest Sith Ever" thread. Insulting total strangers.

Shame on you.

Shame, shame, shame...

Gideon
oh. darth bane. whatever. hes a boring one-dimensional character.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stop trolling.

eek!

Gideon
"zomg hate breeds the strong the only the strongest survive blah blah blah". its such an uninteresting and cliche concept

roll eyes (sarcastic)

eek!

Dr McBeefington
Gotta love the hypocrisy of forum members. The ones that usually throw out the troll moniker are usually the trolls.

Eminence
crylaugh

gyden no moar 3pull poasting

Gideon
crylaugh

gyden no moar 3pull poasting

I have no idea what this means.

Eminence
Gideon
I have no idea what this means. No. More. Triple. Posting.

Edit button, motherfvcker. Can you use it?

Gideon
No. More. Triple. Posting.

Edit button, motherfvcker. Can you use it?

I hit your mom's button pretty easily.

Eminence
YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE

beczu us tell other ppl to use edit but u dont

Jesus hates hypocrites, amirite? 'tis why he hates tennis. no expression

what is the idiot button?

oops i meant to say edit button. si;;y me.

Oh danm i meant to say "silly me" on the end.

O shit i meant to say "oh damn"

Eminence
Reported.

Die in Hell!

That's impossible by any mythos. the whole point of hell is to be tortured forever. if you die, you aren't in hell, quite obviously.

Ms.Marvel
you can be tortured for like a thousand years then die.

who asked you?

Ms.Marvel
who asked you?

Nephthys
Don't talk to Anderson. He's nothing but a mouldy codpiece from my experience of him. Better off ignored.

Ms.Marvel
this forum confuses me. mmm

Lord Lucien
this forum confuses me. mmm No surprise. Despite Gideon's messiah complex, Advent's sandy vagina, Anderson's... something, and Eminence's nuts, we're all actually very disturbed and problematic people who have been browsing this site for far too long. Eventually the majority of the senior members will snap; most taking to debating in imaginary threads on their bedroom walls, and the rest responding to the desperate cries of loved ones to come down from the window ledge with a "Shut up, troll!"

Don't talk to Anderson. He's nothing but a mouldy codpiece from my experience of him. Better off ignored. hmm i'm like a mouldy codpiece from your experience? Is that why you keep your balls in me?

mattatom
No surprise. Despite Gideon's messiah complex, Advent's sandy vagina, Anderson's... something, and Eminence's nuts, we're all actually very disturbed and problematic people who have been browsing this site for far too long. Eventually the majority of the senior members will snap; most taking to debating in imaginary threads on their bedroom walls, and the rest responding to the desperate cries of loved ones to come down from the window ledge with a "Shut up, troll!"
I have no idea where I fit into that.

Gideon
Originally posted by mattatom
I have no idea where I fit into that.

This line is bound to get you some hot ladies.

Dr McBeefington
Don't talk to Anderson. He's nothing but a mouldy codpiece from my experience of him. Better off ignored.

Codpiece? Did you just quote Stewie?

mattatom
This line is bound to get you some hot ladies.
Quoted by Gideon, an honour, I have my lady, anything extra is just a handy bonus.

Nephthys
*Ignores Anderson*

*Sets an Example*

*Even though I'll just be ignored*

*I'm stubborn like that*

No, I've been watching Blackadder season 1 today and I just thought I'd go with the theme. I thought about going with 'bull-buggering bastard', but I've already used that one.

Also, old school ftw!

alterangel
Well... thanks for the info in pg one guys. (Considering that's the only page with info...)That clears some stuff up for me.

But you guys have fun decking each other verbally for the remainder of this thread.

Eminence
Lord Lucien
No surprise. Despite Gideon's messiah complex, Advent's sandy vagina, Anderson's... something, and Eminence's nuts, we're all actually very disturbed and problematic people who have been browsing this site for far too long. Eventually the majority of the senior members will snap; most taking to debating in imaginary threads on their bedroom walls, and the rest responding to the desperate cries of loved ones to come down from the window ledge with a "Shut up, troll!" You are sexy.

truejedi
lol, i ran away for a long time to avoid the edge of the ledge scenario.

Lord Lucien
You are sexy. Yeah, I know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.