Brett wants to make a Guitar Hero Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://kotaku.com/5043289/brett-ratners-guitar-hero-movie-idea-sounds-crappy

Brett Ratner, the guy who directed X-Men 3: The Last Stand mentioned last year on August 29th that he wanted to make a Guitar Hero movie and still wants to make one. He hasn't gotten Activision's permission to make one yet but he's trying.

I hope to god Activision denies this.

DarthLazious
Please for the love of God dont make a movie about this.

The games are great but why they hell did we need a movie for?

Mr. Rhythmic
...Tell me he's kidding. First "Asteroids", now "Guitar Hero".

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
...Tell me he's kidding. First "Asteroids", now "Guitar Hero".

If someone's making a movie about Asteroids then you better believe that any game will have a movie.

If Guitar Hero the movie does happen, lets hope Jack Black stars in it rock

Wolfie
Next up:

DDR: The Movie
Pong: The Movie
Tetris: The Movie

Wait and see....

DarthLazious
If any of that happens I will never ever eat another meal agian.

jinXed by JaNx
I loathe Brett Ratner. Seriously, i cut the guy some slack for X-men 3 but he really is a hack.

wicker_man
If anyone should do a Guitar Hero movies it's Brandon Smalls, but on a serious note why?!?

siriuswriter
uuuuuummm?
so the villian would be, like, a machine gone wacko that makes people play till their fingerse drop off and they die of blood loss?
and the hero would have to be this ultimate player, who, by the power of the magic stamina wrist and headband combination, and only he can defeat the Guitar Hero Machine?!

SnakeEyes
At least Ratner's doing shitty movies based on shitty ideas. Imagine if he got his hands on a really good script or something, I'd be much more pissed off. So I say let him do Guitar Hero, let him do these shit projects because then I don't have to worry about him fvcking up something that I care about.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by siriuswriter
uuuuuummm?
so the villian would be, like, a machine gone wacko that makes people play till their fingerse drop off and they die of blood loss?
and the hero would have to be this ultimate player, who, by the power of the magic stamina wrist and headband combination, and only he can defeat the Guitar Hero Machine?!

Please tell me you're not serious because I don't think even Brett would go that far.

In case you didn't read the Kotaku page, Brett said that the plot will be about a kid from a small town winning a Guitar Hero competition.

botankus
Going by the above post, sounds similar to Karate Kid.

How about Bring it On XIV, where the dancing hopefuls use their cute little Wii Dance Pads?

The Nuul
This just backs up one of the reasons why he sucks.

Mairuzu
rather watch a movie about playing jacks

jinXed by JaNx
aww man, Jacks is so fuun.

WhoopeeDee
I'm still waiting on that Sims movie. ermm

DarthLazious
Please people why would the hell would they do a Guitar Hero movie ?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Please people why would the hell would they do a Guitar Hero movie ?

Because of the following reasons.

1: Brett likes Guitar Hero so he would like to make a movie about it.

2: It's easy money and gets rich no matter how terrible his flicks are (just like Uwe Boll and his movies).

DarthLazious
Oh ok then.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
At least Ratner's doing shitty movies based on shitty ideas. Imagine if he got his hands on a really good script or something, I'd be much more pissed off. So I say let him do Guitar Hero, let him do these shit projects because then I don't have to worry about him fvcking up something that I care about. You have a point there. I'd be pissed if he was going to do a Silent Hill or Resident evil movie (its too late for Resident Evil... a shitty director already got that).

Although, you can tell this dude is just doing it for the money. A movie about a kid from a small town with big dreams who enters a competition to achieve said dream? There are already 50,000 movies that fit that description. This dude is just sticking the title "Guitar Hero" on it because he knows how famous its gotten and a lot of people will see the movie just because it has those two words on it.

This movie is going to be made of suck.

T.M
Activision have said that they wont let this movie happen.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_15586.html

Sexshow
thanks for it!

Sadako of Girth
Yeah thank f**k for that, man.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Please tell me you're not serious because I don't think even Brett would go that far.

In case you didn't read the Kotaku page, Brett said that the plot will be about a kid from a small town winning a Guitar Hero competition. Wait a second, I've seen that.

So this movie would basically be a lame remake of an awesome South Park episode?

steverules_2
South Park got there already and did a good job of it, thankfully no lame movie

Nemesis X
Originally posted by T.M
Activision have said that they wont let this movie happen.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_15586.html

Thank you Activision.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.