Hulcan vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madvillain
Hulcan (Hulk and Vulcan amalgam character) vs. Superman

It's basically Hulk with all of Vulcan's powers + intelligence.

Can he defeat Superman?

thanos-prime
Hulcan wins

leonidas
Originally posted by Madvillain
Hulcan (Hulk and Vulcan amalgam character) vs. Superman

It's basically Hulk with all of Vulcan's powers + intelligence.

Can he defeat Superman?

he'd still be at a massive speed disadvantage but it's possible he could win it. not too sure how vulcan's power would help, unless he is able to sense superman's powers stem from the sun, like he sensed the eldest's power source. if he can do that, hulcan wins handily.

Phantom Zone
Damn it always comes down to speed. Sentry used some speed at WWH still got him.

leonidas
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Damn it always comes down to speed. Sentry used some speed at WWH still got him.

true, but supes' speed feats>>sentry's. erm i just think he COULD use it to possibly win this. i don't think it's 10/10 either way.

thanos-prime
he could use vulcans powers to increase hulks powers while draining the light energy around them that he would be able to 1 shot supes

roughrider
Who does Superman get to merge with, just to make it fair?

-Pr-
Originally posted by thanos-prime
he could use vulcans powers to increase hulks powers while draining the light energy around them that he would be able to 1 shot supes

if he can do that continuously while taking superman's attacks and stopping him from escaping to get access to the sun's rays, sure.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by leonidas
true, but supes' speed feats>>sentry's. erm i just think he COULD use it to possibly win this. i don't think it's 10/10 either way.

Ok but bare in mind WWH was holding back until that point and dealt with it fairly easy, it suggests he could have coped with something much worse.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by -Pr-
if he can do that continuously while taking superman's attacks and stopping him from escaping to get access to the sun's rays, sure. i see no reason why he couldent hulk has insane durability while getting angrier from the punches i dont think it takes that long for vulcan to do something like that but not sure

-Pr-
Ok but bare in mind WWH was holding back until that point and dealt with it fairly easy, it suggests he could have coped with something much worse.

sentry was also looking for a fist fight.

i see no reason why he couldent hulk has insane durability while getting angrier from the punches i dont think it takes that long for vulcan to do something like that but not sure

can he catch superman if he decides to fly outside the range of vulcan's light bending abilities?

plus, blocking off the sun won't take away superman's powers. it'll just stop him from recharging, and he has days worth of energy inside his body.

The Nuul
Originally posted by roughrider
Who does Superman get to merge with, just to make it fair?

It doesn't work that way. Only Hulk always gets upgrades just so he can fight Supes.

thanos-prime

can he catch superman if he decides to fly outside the range of vulcan's light bending abilities?

plus, blocking off the sun won't take away superman's powers. it'll just stop him from recharging, and he has days worth of energy inside his body. yes but supes has to come down sometime and all the while hulcan is just getting stronger.

-Pr-
yes but supes has to come down sometime and all the while hulcan is just getting stronger.

he can come down once he recharges. doesn't take more than a few seconds.

plus, superman is a smarter fighter than vulcan.

The Nuul
Yeah, Vulcan fights like a douche and not with his head.

thanos-prime
he can come down once he recharges. doesn't take more than a few seconds.

plus, superman is a smarter fighter than vulcan. ok lets say hulcan starts bombarding supes with red sun radiation

Phantom Zone

My point still stands though.

-Pr-
ok lets say hulcan starts bombarding supes with red sun radiation

how would he know to do that?

My point still stands though.

why? superman is much faster than sentry. sentry didn't use all of his speed against hulk. its a completely different scenario.

The Nuul
Supes >> Sentry.

thanos-prime
how would he know to do that?

why? superman is much faster than sentry. sentry didn't use all of his speed against hulk. its a completely different scenario. Well im not saying he would but its a scenario

Lord Feron
Messing with Supes powers via sapping the energy from supes and hitting him with redsun rad and at the same time feeding into hulks powers FTW

-Pr-
Well im not saying he would but its a scenario

how? the only people who know superman is weak against red sun are people who've fought him or who have studied him. it's not common knowledge.

thanos-prime
how? the only people who know superman is weak against red sun are people who've fought him or who have studied him. it's not common knowledge. would supes be aware of his yellow sun light energy leaving his body?

-Pr-
would supes be aware of his yellow sun light energy leaving his body?

of course. but there's nothing to stop him recharging himself, as his stores are immense.

thanos-prime
of course. but there's nothing to stop him recharging himself, as his stores are immense. i wasn't aware.
i dont think he would need to resort to all that anyway he would beat him physically .

-Pr-
i wasn't aware.
i dont think he would need to resort to all that anyway he would beat him physically .

howso?

thanos-prime
howso? By amping himself to a state that supes cant mess with.

And there is no way of knowing to how fast hulcan can sap supes he could sap him so fast he couldent fly anymore or so slow it wouldent matter

The Nuul
Vulcan is slow compared to Supes.

Supes beats the crap outta this silly upgraded Hulk.

Too bad Glads beat the hell outta Vulcan with his upgrads and Vulcan has 0 feats to put on on the same level as Supes.

BTW, when has Vulcan showed the ability to map himself in strength?

-Pr-
By amping himself to a state that supes cant mess with.

And there is no way of knowing to how fast hulcan can sap supes he could sap him so fast he couldent fly anymore or so slow it wouldent matter

are you sure vulcan can amp hulk beyond the capacity for superman to match him?

Phantom Zone

why? superman is much faster than sentry. sentry didn't use all of his speed against hulk. its a completely different scenario.

Well Superman isnt faster he just has more speed feats. Sentry hasnt been around long enough but has comparable feats.

You dont know wether Sentry didnt use all his speed, also you dont always know wether Superman was using all his speed either. At a certain point in the fight he allowed Hulk to hit him but that doesnt apply to every part of the fight.

thanos-prime
are you sure vulcan can amp hulk beyond the capacity for superman to match him? Can never be entirely sure but i know vulcans power set and it could be possible Dont know how much radiation amping his body can handle.

-Pr-
Well Superman isnt faster he just has more speed feats. Sentry hasnt been around long enough but has comparable feats.

You dont know wether Sentry didnt use all his speed, also you dont always know wether Superman was using all his speed either. At a certain point in the fight he allowed Hulk to hit him but that doesnt apply to every part of the fight.

proof that sentry is as fast as superman?

sentry said himself that he was looking for a fight. he made little or no attempt to blitz hulk.

superman has shown to use his speed in fights when it matters. he doesn't get mad to the point that he can't control himself or fight cleverly.

Can never be entirely sure but i know vulcans power set and it could be possible

it is possible, sure, but i just think you have to consider hulk's starting strength, and how fast he'd have to amp himself to get to that level before the fight ended.

The Nuul
Can never be entirely sure but i know vulcans power set and it could be possible

If it didnt happen panel then dont speculate.

carver9

plus, blocking off the sun won't take away superman's powers. it'll just stop him from recharging, and he has days worth of energy inside his body.

confused Sentry was hitting hulk with loads of energy, it just had no affect. You must forgot that huge circle of energy that was going around Sentry's body, you know, the energy everyone was blocking and running from.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
confused Sentry was hitting hulk with loads of energy, it just had no affect. You must forgot that huge circle of energy that was going around Sentry's body, you know, the energy everyone was blocking and running from.

superman doesn't hit people with energy unless it's heat vision, and even then it's very different.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by The Nuul
If it didnt happen panel then dont speculate. It is vulcans power he has control over energy lasy time i checked radiation is a type of energy

thanos-prime

sentry said himself that he was looking for a fight. he made little or no attempt to blitz hulk.

superman has shown to use his speed in fights when it matters. he doesn't get mad to the point that he can't control himself or fight cleverly.

it is possible, sure, but i just think you have to consider hulk's starting strength, and how fast he'd have to amp himself to get to that level before the fight ended. Yes but at base lvl hulk has fought heavy hitters before

-Pr-
Yes but at base lvl hulk has fought heavy hitters before

true, but like hulk, superman's strength is dynamic. it might not have the same upper limit, but he tends to reach higher levels of strength faster than most.

The Nuul

Like what feats that Sentry has that is comparable?

Supes has more and better speed feats on panel.

carver9
Vulcan is slow compared to Supes.

Supes beats the crap outta this silly upgraded Hulk.

Too bad Glads beat the hell outta Vulcan with his upgrads and Vulcan has 0 feats to put on on the same level as Supes.

BTW, when has Vulcan showed the ability to map himself in strength?

To bad comparable people to hulk has stomped supes and the only reason I would give supes a majority over hulk is due to bfring, without it, hulk stomps him (depending on which hulk, savage wins 4/10, mindless 8 or 9/10, wwh 7/8 out of 10, War completely stomps him 9/10, world breaker hulk, none fight, supes get one shotted every damn time).

thanos-prime
true, but like hulk, superman's strength is dynamic. it might not have the same upper limit, but he tends to reach higher levels of strength faster than most. Yes but supes is a boy scout he wont go for the kill right away and that will lead to his downfall

The Nuul
It is vulcans power he has control over energy lasy time i checked radiation is a type of energy

But when did he use his power on panel to amp himself? If you don't know, then don't speculate that he can just because he has the power to do so.

thanos-prime
But when did he use his power on panel to amp himself? If you don't know, then don't speculate that he can just because he has the power to do so. This is hulkin not vulcan vs supes he uses radiation to amp hulks power and duribility

carver9
superman doesn't hit people with energy unless it's heat vision, and even then it's very different.

You said it was nothing but a fist fight and Sentry also has heat vision and its no telling how hot that energy was that sentry was hitting hulk with but we know that it was melting everything around him and reed saying that everything would be destroyed if the fight continued.

Supes heat vision and ice breath is meaningless to someone like the hulk, someone who heals instantly. It would come down to a fist fight.

The Nuul
This is hulkin not vulcan vs supes

But Vulcan is not helping Hulk amp his strength.

-Pr-
To bad comparable people to hulk has stomped supes and the only reason I would give supes a majority over hulk is due to bfring, without it, hulk stomps him (depending on which hulk, savage wins 4/10, mindless 8 or 9/10, wwh 7/8 out of 10, War completely stomps him 9/10, world breaker hulk, none fight, supes get one shotted every damn time).

dur

Yes but supes is a boy scout he wont go for the kill right away and that will lead to his downfall

why? he can take a beating if he needs to. he does so in most of his fights while he susses out his enemy. eventually, he'd going to realise "hulk is strong enough to match me" and start using his other powers.

its within his character to fight intelligently.

carver9

it is possible, sure, but i just think you have to consider hulk's starting strength, and how fast he'd have to amp himself to get to that level before the fight ended.

Sentry is just as fast as supes but answer this for me rauol, when supes and zod fought, do you think they were fighting at super speed. I'm referring to the fight in "man of tomorrow".

thanos-prime
dur

why? he can take a beating if he needs to. he does so in most of his fights while he susses out his enemy. eventually, he'd going to realise "hulk is strong enough to match me" and start using his other powers.

its within his character to fight intelligently. Yes but it is not within his character to kill and as there fight progresses hulk is getting stronger if supes dosent kill him when the fight begins he will lose

carver9
dur

its within his character to fight intelligently.

LOL, can you stop that and disregard that post and answer the other ones

-Pr-
Yes but it is not within his character to kill and as there fight progresses hulk is getting stronger if supes dosent kill him when the fight begins he will lose

a ko counts as a win.

Sentry is just as fast as supes but answer this for me rauol, when supes and zod fought, do you think they were fighting at super speed. I'm referring to the fight in "man of tomorrow".

proof?

do you mean in "for tomorrow" in the phantom zone?

thanos-prime
But Vulcan is not helping Hulk amp his strength. It is not vulcan teamed with hulk they are fused together.

carver9
a ko counts as a win.

proof?

do you mean in "for tomorrow" in the phantom zone?

How about the proof that sentry was in another state and someone was trying to snipe osborn. The bullet was fired and almost hit osborn but Sentry flew all the way there instantly and caught the bullet.

Yes, thats the book that im talking about

-Pr-
How about the proof that sentry was in another state and someone was trying to snipe osborn. The bullet was fired and almost hit osborn but Sentry flew all the way there instantly and caught the bullet.

Yes, thats the book that im talking about

superman has done faster.

i haven't read it in a while, so i honestly can't say. iirc, though, they weren't fighting at super speed. why?

iceman24567
This version of Hulk still gets stomped not as bad as others though.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by iceman24567
This version of Hulk still gets stomped not as bad as others though. How does he get stomped?

carver9
superman has done faster.

i haven't read it in a while, so i honestly can't say. iirc, though, they weren't fighting at super speed. why?

I know supes has done faster and I think that supes is a tad faster than sentry until other feats proves other wise but supes not faster than him at the levels you're putting him. Sentry have plenty of good showings.

Disregard my zod comment.

carver9
This version of Hulk still gets stomped not as bad as others though.

Your hate for hulk is known throughout the forum

-Pr-
I know supes has done faster and I think that supes is a tad faster than sentry until other feats proves other wise but supes not faster than him at the levels you're putting him. Sentry have plenty of good showings.

Disregard my zod comment.

what's sentry's best feat? going from one state to the next?

superman out right points and laughs at that.

carver9

LOL, good one; what type of speed feats are you looking for because honestly I dont count space flight since so many people have them?

Are you looking for on the planet feats (which would be something good to use in regards of blitzing, etc.....)?

iceman24567
Your hate for hulk is known throughout the forum No your hate for Superman is fact eek!

-Pr-
LOL, good one; what type of speed feats are you looking for because honestly I dont count space flight since so many people have them?

Are you looking for on the planet feats (which would be something good to use in regards of blitzing, etc.....)?

not counting space flight is a cop out, first of all. its a valid gauge.

and yes, on planet feats.

thanos-prime

and yes, on planet feats. I don't see why your debating this supes is by far the faster one

-Pr-
I don't see why your debating this supes is by far the faster one

i know this, and you know this, but...

thanos-prime
i know this, and you know this, but... But they don't know this mad

carver9

and yes, on planet feats.

I told you that supes was faster but I also said that supes isnt leagues faster than Sentry. Our debate is pointless unless you truly think that supes is far above sentry in the speed dept bc if thats the case then I disagree.

-Pr-
I told you that supes was faster but I also said that supes isnt leagues faster than Sentry. Our debate is pointless unless you truly think that supes is far above sentry in the speed dept bc if thats the case then I disagree.

i think he is a fair bit faster. does that make sentry slow? of course not. i just think superman has the better feats by some degree.

thanos-prime
Im pretty sure in the near future sentry will do something to end all speed competitors but till then supes is top dog in this debate

Phantom Zone

Forget state....

Earth to sun.

http://img240.imageshack.us/i/ts08021nz0.jpg/
http://img236.imageshack.us/i/ts08022is8.jpg/

Earth to Saturn in seconds
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/MightyAvengers14-018.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/MightyAvengers14-019.jpg

both scans indicate FTL speed especially the 2nd lot.

I'll respond to the rest of your post later im kinda busy now (try not to get too excited). laughing out loud

-Pr-
Forget state....

Earth to sun.

http://img240.imageshack.us/i/ts08021nz0.jpg/
http://img236.imageshack.us/i/ts08022is8.jpg/

Earth to Saturn in seconds
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/MightyAvengers14-018.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/MightyAvengers14-019.jpg

both scans indicate FTL speed especially the 2nd lot.

I'll respond to the rest of your post later im kinda busy now (try not to get too excited). laughing out loud

laughing out loud

superman has gone faster, though those are nice feats. kudos.

lol @ sentry's face in the second bunch of scans.

leonidas
pr--there's a scene where superman fights mongul on earth i think, where mongul is throwing punches and superman is dodging them effortlessly. i can't recall where it happened. i THINK it was in the arc where superman battled manchester black the second time, but i'm not positive. i've seen the scans and THINK i even have the book, but i can't remeber WHERE, exactly it happened. do you know what i'm talking about? confused

anyway, THOSE are the types of speed feats that i think could be used to help him win this. if vulcan's powers can be used intelligently, and he can perceive that solar energy empowers superman and then forcibly DRAINS his cells, he would win this, but it took vulcan a while to figure out the eldest's powersource.

superman only needs to get in, blast his HV through hulk's eyes and issue a HV lobotomy (cable/storm did something similar to hulk and ALMOST killed him). hulk isn't healing from that and the battle is over. no BFR required.

Juntai
pr--there's a scene where superman fights mongul on earth i think, where mongul is throwing punches and superman is dodging them effortlessly. i can't recall where it happened. i THINK it was in the arc where superman battled manchester black the second time, but i'm not positive. i've seen the scans and THINK i even have the book, but i can't remeber WHERE, exactly it happened. do you know what i'm talking about? confused

anyway, THOSE are the types of speed feats that i think could be used to help him win this. if vulcan's powers can be used intelligently, and he can perceive that solar energy empowers superman and then forcibly DRAINS his cells, he would win this, but it took vulcan a while to figure out the eldest's powersource.

superman only needs to get in, blast his HV through hulk's eyes and issue a HV lobotomy (cable/storm did something similar to hulk and ALMOST killed him). hulk isn't healing from that and the battle is over. no BFR required. When Mongul was training Superman for Imperiex.

leonidas
Originally posted by Juntai
When Mongul was training Superman for Imperiex.

yeah--THAT's the one! big grin i don't have that book--must have just seen the scan. have you got the scan, by chance?

-Pr-
yeah--THAT's the one! big grin i don't have that book--must have just seen the scan. have you got the scan, by chance?

i does, one min.

from Superman 152:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_sup152-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_sup152-2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_sup152-3.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_sup152-4.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_sup152-5.jpg

there's a later fight where he takes on Mongul and Mongal at the same time, but i think this is the one you wanted.

D_Dude1210

superman only needs to get in, blast his HV through hulk's eyes and issue a HV lobotomy (cable/storm did something similar to hulk and ALMOST killed him). hulk isn't healing from that and the battle is over. no BFR required.

Except, with Vulcan's powers, he can prevent the HV from ever hitting him. big grin

The Nuul
No your hate for Superman is fact eek!

I bet Glads can stomp this Hulcan....smile

leonidas
i does, one min.

from Superman 152:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_sup152-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_sup152-2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_sup152-3.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_sup152-4.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_sup152-5.jpg

there's a later fight where he takes on Mongul and Mongal at the same time, but i think this is the one you wanted.

nope, that's not the one. i'm talking about the one juntai was talking about. they were on earth, mongul was throwing punches and superman was dancing around them easily. jun likely knows the issue. superman 151 or 152 maybe?

leonidas
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Except, with Vulcan's powers, he can prevent the HV from ever hitting him. big grin

that's where the speed issue comes in. it is entirely possible that supes moves too fast for this amalgam to react to. he could lobotomize hulcan before hulcan can defend himself. smile

Juntai
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/4214/superman20speed20vs20mongul202.jpg
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9558/supermanandmongul8pr.jpg

Juntai
Which of course led to stuff like this;
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/679/08222005124311pm3un.jpg
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/9203/pics0017bn.jpg

-Pr-
nope, that's not the one. i'm talking about the one juntai was talking about. they were on earth, mongul was throwing punches and superman was dancing around them easily. jun likely knows the issue. superman 151 or 152 maybe?

hmm

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/4214/superman20speed20vs20mongul202.jpg
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9558/supermanandmongul8pr.jpg

oh THOSE ones. my bad. i love how he pwned bizarro just before that.

leonidas
hmm

oh THOSE ones. my bad.

laughing out loud

and they say YOU'RE the superman expert around here . . . heh

gracias, jun. at least SOMEONE knows their superman around here. big grin

The Nuul
laughing out loud

Nah, that's cav9 claiming hes the Supes expert!

-Pr-
laughing out loud

gracias, jun. at least SOMEONE knows their superman around here. big grin

hey, your question wasn't exactly precise.

besides, the ones jun posted weren't from when he was being trained to fight imperiex, they were from ending battle, so i was misled.

so there. stick out tongue

also, who says that? tis news to me.

leonidas
hey, your question wasn't exactly precise.

besides, the ones jun posted weren't from when he was being trained to fight imperiex, they were from ending battle, so i was misled.

so there. stick out tongue

i don't want excuses, mister, i want answers!

stick out tongue

-Pr-
i don't want excuses, mister, i want answers!

stick out tongue

i edited. uhuh

Juntai
It's OK -Pr-, I still love you.

-Pr-
It's OK -Pr-, I still love you.

inlove

leonidas
sick

just teasing. i love you BOTH. love

-Pr-
sick

just teasing. i love you BOTH. love

i keep expecting eny to show up and say something inappropriate...

Phantom Zone
laughing out loud

superman has gone faster, though those are nice feats. kudos.

lol @ sentry's face in the second bunch of scans.

To be fair the amount of showings that Superman has vastly outnumber Sentry's in an out and out feat war Sentry will lose but will have some comparable feats.

That wasnt against WWH and Superman most likely wont use that straight away. Sure hes healing from it.

ExodusCloak
Anyone see this?

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=1196&page=2

leonidas
To be fair the amount of showings that Superman has vastly outnumber Sentry's in an out and out feat war Sentry will lose but will have some comparable feats.

That wasnt against WWH and Superman most likely wont use that straight away. Sure hes healing from it.

you think he's healing from a completely vaporized pair of eyes and brain? blink

a simple lightning strike to his brain comatized him. no chance he heals from a melted brain. it would certainly count as a ko anyway.

Phantom Zone
you think he's healing from a completely vaporized pair of eyes and brain? blink

His HF applies to his whole body.

a simple lightning strike to his brain comatized him. no chance he heals from a melted brain.

As far as I know that was a weaker version of the Hulk.

it would certainly count as a ko anyway.

Im not sure if it will actually even vaporise his eyes and brain if hes pissed off enough.

leonidas
His HF applies to his whole body.

As far as I know that was a weaker version of the Hulk.

Im not sure if it will actually even vaporise his eyes and brain if hes pissed off enough.

even mindless hulk was taken down by sheer bludgeoning damage. usually i'm the guy DEFENDING hulk, but there's no way i see him healing THAT fast, when it's never ever been shown on panel.

Phantom Zone
even mindless hulk was taken down by sheer bludgeoning damage.

Right was that after kicking Doc Samsons arse, Namors, Hercules, Wonder Mans and Iron Man and then eventually being brought down by the combined afforts of the East Coast and West Coast Avengers?

usually i'm the guy DEFENDING hulk, but there's no way i see him healing THAT fast, when it's never ever been shown on panel.

What getting shot through the brain by Superman, of course it hasnt but Grey Hulk has healed so fast from Wolverines claws that Wolverine thought his claws were bouncing off him.

Why are you assuming hes going to use that form of attack?

leonidas
Right was that after kicking Doc Samsons arse, Namors, Hercules, Wonder Mans and Iron Man and then eventually being brought down by the combined afforts of the East Coast and West Coast Avengers?

yeah, but it goes to show there is a limit to his healing.

healing from a gash in your skin vs having your brain literally disintegrated? c'mon . . . he's never shown the level of healing YOU'RE talking about on panel.

and i never assumed he would use that attack. i said it was an option hulcan couldn't defend when coupled with supes's speed. it's also an attack he HAS used in the past and so is a viable option. fact is the best healing fear i know of for hulk was his regeneration feat vs thanos (having his own hands heal inside him fighting speedfreak was another good one) but literally having his brain and eyes melted (if he COULD regenerate from that) would take him some time and at LEAST count as a ko.

iceman24567
even mindless hulk was taken down by sheer bludgeoning damage. usually i'm the guy DEFENDING hulk, but there's no way i see him healing THAT fast, when it's never ever been shown on panel. He isn't healing that fast he would at least be koed.

Phantom Zone
yeah, but it goes to show there is a limit to his healing.

Actually im not even sure if it does because he only lost due to being seperated from Banner and started to get weaker and that version isnt stronger than WWH.

healing from a gash in your skin vs having your brain literally disintegrated? c'mon . . . he's never shown the level of healing YOU'RE talking about on panel.

Im not sure if they were just gashes in the skin cos prior to that Grey Hulk was partially impaled. Im just giving you examples of fast healing. Hulks healing is consistent with his strength and cosndiering that WWH was able to redirect Juggernauts movement while holding back shows you how powerful he was. If he goes worldbreaker his HF will be through the roof.

We may not have seen him heal that fast but we havent seen alot of WWh either.

and i never assumed he would use that attack. i said it was an option hulcan couldn't defend when coupled with supes's speed. it's also an attack he HAS used in the past and so is a viable option. fact is the best healing fear i know of for hulk was his regeneration feat vs thanos (having his own hands heal inside him fighting speedfreak was another good one) but literally having his brain and eyes melted (if he COULD regenerate from that) would take him some time and at LEAST count as a ko.

I think hes unlikley to use it.

leonidas
Actually im not even sure if it does because he only lost due to being seperated from Banner and started to get weaker and that version isnt stronger than WWH.

Im not sure if they were just gashes in the skin cos prior to that Grey Hulk was partially impaled. Im just giving you examples of fast healing. Hulks healing is consistent with his strength and cosndiering that WWH was able to redirect Juggernauts movement while holding back shows you how powerful he was. If he goes worldbreaker his HF will be through the roof.

We may not have seen him heal that fast but we havent seen alot of WWh either.

I think hes unlikley to use it.

are we now assuming any hulk CAN go worldbreaker if pushed far enough now? i don't know, i'm just asking.

as far as superman's LIKLIHOOD of using the attack--depends. he's used it so it is in character. if he thinks hulk might survive it he wouldn't be afraid to use it. another thing--if he DOES vaporize his brain, that would likely prevent him from gaining hulk's powers at all. it's hulk's brain that is the emotional center, and hence the center of his power. without a brain, hulk can't access any emotion--obviously--and so by killing his brain, supes would very likely be killing the hulk.

not sure that would be in character or not. it is also possible that superman could simply cauterize the amygdala--he's shown that type of precision in the past. erm

Phantom Zone
are we now assuming any hulk CAN go worldbreaker if pushed far enough now? i don't know, i'm just asking.

I was under the impression that the current Hulk is WWH. I thought WWH was currently appearing in a title.

as far as superman's LIKLIHOOD of using the attack--depends. he's used it so it is in character. if he thinks hulk might survive it he wouldn't be afraid to use it. another thing--if he DOES vaporize his brain, that would likely prevent him from gaining hulk's powers at all. it's hulk's brain that is the emotional center, and hence the center of his power. without a brain, hulk can't access any emotion--obviously--and so by killing his brain, supes would very likely be killing the hulk.

Hulk has had brain injuries before and thats never affected his power. I see what your saying but it probably wouldnt work because the Hulk has been shown to adapt to lots of different attacks which should negeate his powers. Hell if that part of his brain was disintegrated it would probably grow back.

not sure that would be in character or not. it is also possible that superman could simply cauterize the amygdala--he's shown that type of precision in the past. erm

Ok but it doesnt seem to be the norm.

Edit: Heres a weaker version of the Hulk healing from massive injuries almost instantly.

http://mynetimages.com/viewimage/a5375628

leonidas
I was under the impression that the current Hulk is WWH. I thought WWH was currently appearing in a title.

Hulk has had brain injuries before and thats never affected his power. I see what your saying but it probably wouldnt work because the Hulk has been shown to adapt to lots of different attacks which should negeate his powers. Hell if that part of his brain was disintegrated it would probably grow back.

Ok but it doesnt seem to be the norm.

Edit: Heres a weaker version of the Hulk healing from massive injuries almost instantly.

http://mynetimages.com/viewimage/a5375628

i've seen that feat--hulk's one of my faves. still, even healing his skin isn't the same thing as healing his brain from what would essentially be nothingness.

i'm not sure whether destroying the emotional center of his brain would prevent him from accessing his powers, but hulk has been calmed before through mental powers, he's been almost killed by a brain injury as well. even if this is wwh, i'm not sure he'd heal--you're talking near INSTANTANEOUS healing--from a disintegrated brain. to the best of my knowledge no one has destroyed the emotional center of his brain, so i concede that it is some speculation, but it does seem to make sense, and if that was destroyed, all hulk's powers--including healing--would end with the attack so obviously regeneration would be impossible.

meh, my point was supes could win this. that was just one option.

SuperiorTech

Nope Savage and Currently depowered.

Phantom Zone
i've seen that feat--hulk's one of my faves. still, even healing his skin isn't the same thing as healing his brain from what would essentially be nothingness.

Hes not just healing his skin theres alot of flesh, the feat was described as being healed from almost a skeleton. In those scans he healed his flesh from nothingness.

i'm not sure whether destroying the emotional center of his brain would prevent him from accessing his powers, but hulk has been calmed before through mental powers, he's been almost killed by a brain injury as well.

Ok but hes resisted stuff like that as well.

even if this is wwh, i'm not sure he'd heal--you're talking near INSTANTANEOUS healing--from a disintegrated brain.

In the scans provided he healed lots of flesh almost instantly and thats a weaker Hulk.

to the best of my knowledge no one has destroyed the emotional center of his brain, so i concede that it is some speculation, but it does seem to make sense, and if that was destroyed, all hulk's powers--including healing--would end with the attack so obviously regeneration would be impossible.

Thing is hes been turned to stone. If your brain has been turned to stone thats technically the same as destroying it. His body adapted and resisted it. At the end of the day the brain is a part of his body and if it gets damaged it will regenerate.

meh, my point was supes could win this. that was just one option.

Meh ok.

-Pr-

when it comes down to quality rather than quantity, superman is still a ways ahead.

Phantom Zone
when it comes down to quality rather than quantity, superman is still a ways ahead.

You cant seperate the two. Superman has better quality showings because he has loads more showings.

leonidas
hmm, i'm not sure about that. the only time i remember off-hand that hulk was turned to stone was by dormammu and in that case umar had to free him. i don't THINK grey gargoyle did it, but even in that case he reverts to normal on his own after a set time period. if anything, the fact that dormmy turned him into a statue and hulk was unable to heal from it on his own would support my side of things. erm

and while it's true hulk has resisted all sorts of mental assaults, this type of attack would be very much different from anything he's really ever come across. is it possible he could regenerate his brain? i'd say yes, but it would take time. i also think it possible--and logical--that the attack would kill him for good.

-Pr-
You cant seperate the two. Superman has better quality showings because he has loads more showings.

no, you can seperate the two. if i show one scan and you show one scan, they're even numbers of scans. trying to blame it on quantity doesn't tend to hold up to scrutiny.

leonidas
hmm, it seems gargoyle DID at one time turn gray hulk to stone. a couple things about that though--it wasn't emotion that caused banner to change into the gray hulk--it was nightfall. gargoyle also doesn't really 'kill'. like i said he just temporarily changes people. in this case, he changed BANNER to stone and the transformation still happened at nightfall. his healing factor was countering part of the effect though when he became hulk, so, again, meh. some contradictory showings. still really nothing like having his brain disintegrated though. smile

roughrider
It doesn't work that way. Only Hulk always gets upgrades just so he can fight Supes.

Guess that bugs the people who think he can solo Supes.

carver9
I cant see heat vision stopping wwh, especially since this guy walked through a barrage of adamantium bullets that was going entirely through his body like it was nothing.

Lord Feron
I cant see heat vision stopping wwh, especially since this guy walked through a barrage of adamantium bullets that was going entirely through his body like it was nothing.

Also can't imagine Heat even being a threat to someone who can damn near control all sorts of energy and to be frank... Heat aint that exotic... wink

The Nuul
Originally posted by roughrider
Guess that bugs the people who think he can solo Supes.

Wouldn't know because I ain't one of them.

leonidas
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Also can't imagine Heat even being a threat to someone who can damn near control all sorts of energy and to be frank... Heat aint that exotic... wink

he's gotta be able to react to it to control it, and i'd love to see all the speed feats that hulk and vulcan have to support their ability to react to superman-level combat speeds. wink

Phantom Zone

Lord Feron
he's gotta be able to react to it to control it, and i'd love to see all the speed feats that hulk and vulcan have to support their ability to react to superman-level combat speeds. wink

Using heat and or frost breath in rapid succession could be good except I don't think that Vulcan has to aim or even see the attack coming if he chooses a certain intensity or heat or coldness touching him.

but thats just my thoughts...

I think supes only chance before hulcan depowers supes is to just pummel hulcan right out of the gates and hope his flurry of kicks and punches will kill or ko him.

-Pr-
I disagree. Even if you have an even number of feats you are still getting Superman feats from a collection of feats that vastly outnumber Sentry's. Since you have loads more feats to choose from this incraeses your chances of having better ones by a huge amount.

more feats means more low feats too. it balances itself out. just ask any of the anti-superman people on kmc.

Phantom Zone
more feats means more low feats too. it balances itself out. just ask any of the anti-superman people on kmc.

Its most likely that hes going to have more high-end feats. I recently got more Superman comics and most of his feats are impressive...and there not any different from his appearances in JLA either.

leonidas
Nah man Dorrmy is a skyfather level character, that might explain why Dormy succeded and Gargoyle failed ( I'll explain the nightfall thing later). Not only that it sound like he was in his home dimension thus making him more powerful. C'mon man you cant use a feat from a skyfather level character and use it as proof for a herald level character.

meh, maybe. still, stone is stone. not sure why his healing wouldn't work. not like dormmy's stone was special i don't think . . .

thumb up

that's wwh. this version isn't only current, savage hulk. and not to long ago hulk had to have a piece of shrapnel removed from his head by apocalypse because he couldn't heal from it and it was interferring with his ability to think and his emotions.

the weird thing about gargoyle's attack though--it didn't even prevent BANNER from functioning. he was BANNER--not hulk--when he was changed to stone, and even as banner the change happened. that doesn't say much about the HULK's healing factor, if it was BANNER who changed in the first place. that whole story was . . . odd.

anyway, for your point to be true, we'd need to see a healing feat that would justify it, or need to see him recover from a similarly devastating brain trauma very quickly. we've seen shrapnel in his brain that he could NOT heal from (apoc removed it when he made him WAR), we've seen hulk rendered comatose by a far less potent attack to his brain (storm and cable). we've seen some GREAT healing feats, but nothing that would lead me to believe he could regenerate his brain nearly INSTANTLY. there is also some evidence to suggest that hulk's power (namely emotion) does indeed stem from his brain--he has been calmed multiple times via mental powers.

all those things taken together lead me to conclude that full-force HV (which has power enough to warm PLANETS!) fired through his eyes would certainly end this fight--at least long enough to score a ko for superman.

-Pr-
Its most likely that hes going to have more high-end feats. I recently got more Superman comics and most of his feats are impressive...and there not any different from his appearances in JLA either.

he has both. more high end, more low end.

he's written to be a fair bit more powerful in his own books than he is in jla. it's always been that way, so yes, there is a difference.

Phantom Zone
he has both. more high end, more low end.

I'll have to take your word for it, I have seen most of them as high and pretty impressive.

he's written to be a fair bit more powerful in his own books than he is in jla. it's always been that way, so yes, there is a difference.

Well so far it doesnt seem to indicate that at all. Even another poster stated that Superman was the only one that didnt job in the JLA.

-Pr-
I'll have to take your word for it, I have seen most of them as high and pretty impressive.

Well so far it doesnt seem to indicate that at all. Even another poster stated that Superman was the only one that didnt job in the JLA.

what superman comics are you reading? and what JLA are you comparing him to?

Phantom Zone
what superman comics are you reading?

Various. From 1991-2006.

and what JLA are you comparing him to?

From about 2000-2005

-Pr-
Various. From 1991-2006.

From about 2000-2005

quite a broad spectrum there. have you read our worlds at war yet, or the rest of the impreriex saga?

carver9
Got a question, didnt they say that radiation along along with various forms of heat powered WWH?

Whats to stop the radiation from supes energy adding on to his dynamic abilities?

-Pr-
Got a question, didnt they say that radiation along along with various forms of heat powered WWH?

Whats to stop the radiation from supes energy adding on to his dynamic abilities?

what do you mean? his hv?

leonidas

huh? you think his HV will . . . empower hulk? or that just being NEAR superman would empower hulk?

never happened with sentry. ironman's blasts never empowered him. no way his HV would make hulk stronger.

Phantom Zone
quite a broad spectrum there. have you read our worlds at war yet, or the rest of the impreriex saga?

Nah not yet.. I was thinking of getting OWAW but people slag Leob off. I hate to admit it but hes quite a likeable character alot like Captain America with powers. It was actually the arc Time and Time again that made me like the character more. Hell hes such a nice guy even the dinosaurs liked him, for me that was more important than the power feats.

-Pr-
Nah not yet.. I was thinking of getting OWAW but people slag Leob off. I hate to admit it but hes quite a likeable character alot like Captain America with powers. It was actually the arc Time and Time again that made me like the character more. Hell hes such a nice guy even the dinosaurs liked him, for me that was more important than the power feats.

glad you're liking it.

the problem with loeb is that he used to be a very, very good writer. then his son died, and his talent seemed to go with it.

our worlds at war is simply one of the best superman stories ever written. the tpb is the size of a small phonebook, but even if you could dl it, its well worth the read.

through most of the 90s, superman is at a pretty standard level. he's good, he's superman, but he's never pushing for high herald status. then towards the end of the 90s and the early 00s, we start to see him getting written at a much higher level. guys like kelly, loeb, casey and chuck austen took over the books, and started writing a superman that was insanely powerful. you'll see it yourself when you get to that stage...

Phantom Zone
meh, maybe. still, stone is stone. not sure why his healing wouldn't work. not like dormmy's stone was special i don't think . . .

Nah man stone aint stone. Thats like saying that Pyro can KO Hulk with flame after seeing Human Torch do it via supernova...you get the point.

that's wwh. this version isn't only current, savage hulk. and not to long ago hulk had to have a piece of shrapnel removed from his head by apocalypse because he couldn't heal from it and it was interferring with his ability to think and his emotions.

Well I concede that if its not WWH it wont heal that qucikly however that showing contradicts the fact that his brain should have healed. If the rest of his body heals why wouldnt his brain. HF is for the whole body not just certain parts.

the weird thing about gargoyle's attack though--it didn't even prevent BANNER from functioning. he was BANNER--not hulk--when he was changed to stone, and even as banner the change happened. that doesn't say much about the HULK's healing factor, if it was BANNER who changed in the first place. that whole story was . . . odd.

and its been said numerous times that Banner and Hulk are the same. Sorry not sure what your point is though.

anyway, for your point to be true, we'd need to see a healing feat that would justify it, or need to see him recover from a similarly devastating brain trauma very quickly. we've seen shrapnel in his brain that he could NOT heal from (apoc removed it when he made him WAR), we've seen hulk rendered comatose by a far less potent attack to his brain (storm and cable). we've seen some GREAT healing feats, but nothing that would lead me to believe he could regenerate his brain nearly INSTANTLY.

Well I have one for WWH not others.

there is also some evidence to suggest that hulk's power (namely emotion) does indeed stem from his brain--he has been calmed multiple times via mental powers.

Yeah but we agreed thats different to what were talking about.

all those things taken together lead me to conclude that full-force HV (which has power enough to warm PLANETS!) fired through his eyes would certainly end this fight--at least long enough to score a ko for superman.

I concede for other version of the Hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.