Black Lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
is there anybody in the EU who had a black lightsaber.?

Nephthys
Galen Marek had one, in his game. But no. A black lightsaber would be impractical anyway. Imagine using it in the dark, you wouldn't be able to see the bloody thing! Great way to lose an arm.

mattatom
You shouldn't need to see it, it's an extension of you afterall. You don't have to see your arm to know where it is.

Incanus
Hell, i would love to have one. Where can you get the black crystal?

Hewhoknowsall
Why don't jedi just keep their lightsabers deactivated in a fight, and then activate them when they strike? That'll make their attacks almost impossible to stop, especially when stabbing.

mattatom
A natural one such as a weak crystalline matrix of an onyx crystal might work.

Or there may be a synthetic one out there.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Why don't jedi just keep their lightsabers deactivated in a fight, and then activate them when they strike? That'll make their attacks almost impossible to stop, especially when stabbing. ...

no expression

Slash_KMC
No Lucien, he made sense.

Hewhoknowsall
Think about it: you move your deactivated lightsaber hilt toward the enemy, and at the last second you activate it, and the saber ignites into the guy and kills him. The guy can't do much about it because it's hard to block a saber that hasn't been ignited yet.

...never mind. You don't get it.

xxxpoppunker182
Think about it: you move your deactivated lightsaber hilt toward the enemy, and at the last second you activate it, and the saber ignites into the guy and kills him. The guy can't do much about it because it's hard to block a saber that hasn't been ignited yet.

because its a horrible idea

kotorfan
i get it.. but no one ever does that, cuz the enemy will be counter attacking also. With the blade unignited, the opponent can't be blocked. And it would be really hard to concentrate on activating and deactivating the lightsaber for the whole fight just to switch between blocking and attacking.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Incanus
Hell, i would love to have one. Where can you get the black crystal? Up your ass laughing

Lord Lucien

...never mind. You don't get it. What would be the point? If it's a Jedi or Sith opponent, their precognition is going to alert their brain to your movements, and only a f*cktard of an opponent would keep their lightsaber deactivated while some lunatic is coming at them with a lightsaber hilt.

A relatively clever move (no, I'm not talking about yours) in a saber match would be for one combatant to suddenly deactivate their saber mid offensive swing. It'd be a risky move, but as the opponent's momentum from moving to block a blade that isn't there anymore swings their own blade past your hilt, you reactivate the saber, impaling them.

Incanus
Originally posted by Nephthys
Galen Marek had one, in his game. But no. A black lightsaber would be impractical anyway. Imagine using it in the dark, you wouldn't be able to see the bloody thing! Great way to lose an arm. Which version ps2 or 360? If ps2 where can i get it...........

mattatom
Originally posted by Incanus
Which version ps2 or 360? If ps2 where can i get it........... Heres the Video

chilled monkey
I think a black lightsabre would be an "anti-light" sabre. I'm no physicist, but as I see it, if you can have anti-matter, why not anti-light (which would look like blackness to us)?

Eminence
Lightsabers aren't made of light.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Eminence
Lightsabers aren't made of light.

How do you know? How do you know that they don't have some kind of technology to keep a light beam contained within a small space?

Eminence
Or, Wookiepedia.

Seriously, I know you have access to Google.

Vorpal Ruin

I'm pretty sure Corran Horn did that in a duel against Mara Jade, and it worked for him.

Aklis

dadudemon
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Up your ass laughing

laughing laughing laughing

thumb up

Autokrat
Pure plasma? That's retarded, how would that even work? What's to keep the plasma from expanding into a major explosion at a rapid rate the moment some poor sod turns his "darksaber" on.

Incanus
There was a book with that title I think.... in Young Jedi Knights.......... or something.

Anakin4Ever
You know what strikes me as odd? How the black lightsaber is different from the other ones. All of the other sabers have colored outlines (making them red, blue, green, purple, etc. lightsabers). But the black one is black in the middle (where white usually is), with white outlines. I would have liked the black lightsaber to be a lightsaber with black outlines.

Lord Lucien
Gameplay-wise, I think they added it so you could actually see the blade, instead of risking it blending in with the background.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.