What do you think of this idea?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
I don't know exactly where to post this, but since I based this on the Indiana Jones character, I'll post this here. If it gets moved or deleted, it won't hurt me all that much but I'm just wanting to know what others might think about this idea.

What if there was an Indiana Jones-like character that lived on another planet? The civilization on this planet looked at their future like Indiana looks at the past...as a lost mystery. Their past is litterally forgotten to prevent wars from happening. That means if I dissed somebodies momma one day, the next day, the event is forgotten on purpose by all who were involved, thus preventing issues to build up to something it shouldn't. This is just the way of their civilization...no fear involved...no corruption can build up. Because of this, the future is looked like a sort of history, except it's always a mystery to be solved by researchers all over the world. In fact...this entire civilization is made up of researchers of this sort. The only problem with their way of life, is that they aren't allowed, by thier rules of civilization, to actually REMEMBER anything that they might discover, thus keeping the mystery of the future from being unsolved. One man,(we'll call him Indiana Jones) see's no sense in this way of life, and decides that he wants to remember what he discovers. He's able to go along in this way...discovering new things, until a small group of people break the rules themselves after discovering his secret, and make it their commitment to make Indiana go back to the traditional ways of forgetting the past for a better future.
He isn't willing to go back to the old ways, having found more excitement in his new ways. The group decides that they will keep bending the rules of society until Indiana forfits his little crusade, and goes back to the old ways of doing things. Indiana refuses and is then forced out of their society, having been deemed " unworthy " of being apart of them. They decide to keep bending the rules after realizing that Indiana must not be let back in their society, and keep their past memories in order to make sure that Indiana never returns. Distressed, Indiana keeps studying the future, wanting to keep his mind off of his isolation. He begins to discover newer and greater things in his studies. He suddenly wishes that he could share his discoveries with somebody else...but alas, he cannot. He is too be alone for the rest of his life for breaking the rules. Then, one day, he discovers something in the future that completely horrifies him...something that might mean the end of his world. Realizing that he has to warn somebody of this event, he makes the decision to return to the civilization that abandoned him and try to convince them that in fact, their ways MUST be changed for them to survive the terrible event that is comming.

Please tell me what you think.

DarthLazious
Not bad.

PRAYERRUN
Thanks!! big grin Also,

PRAYERRUN
sorry I got distracted and imediately pusted submit lol.

Also, in this story, the main character has the problems of both getting past the group sworn too never let him back in society AND the fact that based on the rules of their civilization, the people he used to hang with don't even remember who he is.

Incanus
Not bad. Not "wtfomgYAYUBERGOODWOOhappyhappyhappyhappy" good, very few things are like that, but good nonetheless.

PRAYERRUN
Ok this is really cool. I actually got a response!!!

Patient_Leech
Yeah, this seems like a good place to mention this:

I saw a stripper tonight named Ninja who wore goggles. no expression

queeq
Pics please.

Patient_Leech
They don't let you take pictures inside the strip club, sad

It was one of the most unitentionally funny things I've ever seen.

Sadako of Girth
Innovative.

Patient_Leech
Alright, fair enough. It could be the wave of the future.. THE FUTURE IS UPON US LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! STRIPPERS NOW WEAR GOGGLES!!

Sadako of Girth
I bet they always have... in their tan booths.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, but she wasn't at the tanning bed!! In fact, she was pretty pale, as I recall. It's fashion, man. It's fashion. It changes constantly!

Sadako of Girth
Well goggles are cool.

Except beer googles.

queeq
I WANT PICS... not excuses.

Sadako of Girth
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/classic-tech/88508d1264012364-sanding-down-my-1967-mustang-need-help-paint-strip.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01417/goggles_1417371c.jpg

queeq
there you are. See, leech, that wasn't very hard, was it.

Sadako of Girth
I couldn't resist the power of a decent vaderesque line.

queeq
Now start breathing heavily.

Sadako of Girth
Start?

queeq
Increase.

Sadako of Girth
Better not.

queeq
Why not?

Sadako of Girth
Hyperventilation among other things.

queeq
I can take it.

Sadako of Girth
Then breathe deeper.

Have a bag on standby.

queeq
Big bag?

Sadako of Girth
To control your hyperventilation when you get good and going on it.

queeq
How considerate.

Sadako of Girth
Not that considerate..... I slashed a hole in the bag.

queeq
Ah... you had me worried there.

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

zeeshanaayan07
I LOVE Googles. Thank you very much

queeq
Welcome

komal
Book event tickets hassle free on Tixdo.com

Russe
Cool, i guess

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.