Force choke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Can it be blocked? Thats if it was done on a jedi/sith...anyone without the force is pretty much screwed I guess unless you're boba fett of course cuz his awsomeness and bad ass...ness...protects him smile

Jaeh.is.Awesome
er... I dunno.

In movies, I dunno... in games, you can, but that's EU.

if you choke someone back while they're choking you, that would probably make them stop.

steverules_2
I'm not sure if anyone else knows it...I saw the apprentice do it but thats EU so...queeq will do something bad but....he's never done it on a jedi other than in an EU which not allowed to mention and it wasn't blocked then. But he's never done it on a jedi so it kinda makes me question. BUT in ep 3 Obi Wan couldn't block or stop Anakin from FCing Padme so...it's debateable whether it's something that can be blocked or not

Jaeh.is.Awesome
well, yeah, but maybe if Obi-Wan totally distracted Anakin he'll stop. maybe.

Yeah, in EU vader and his secret apprentice could totally stop each other from the act of force choking but that's EU.

*crooked smile*

steverules_2
Yeah but that would be Anakin stopping himself cause he let go of her, I mean when someone stops him via force or blocks it via force. And his apprentice got force choked by vader and he couldn't block it so...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
in the game Force Unleashed you could stop it. Galen Marek stopped it with a wave of a hand or something - I should know, I've played.
in the movies it's never really shown that you could do something like that. how would you even do it? It's not like it's a hand you can just swat off like in the games.

steverules_2
Yeah I played it too but can't remember that bit, I wasn't a big fan of the game...not to say I didn't play the whole thing though

In the movies Vader never tried on anyone with force abilities so...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
yeah. Didn't Anakin try in ep. 3 to do it to Obi-Wan?

...oh wait, that was a real hand.

uh.. uh... data inconclusive?

Placidity
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
er... I dunno.

In movies, I dunno... in games, you can, but that's EU.

if you choke someone back while they're choking you, that would probably make them stop.

In games a stronger force user can automatically 'block' the choke.

Choke can also be countered with force push and absorb. Alternatively, you can pull him in and slash his head off.

steverules_2
Absorb? Thats something I've never heard before, absorb you'd think would speak for itself but how does it work exactly and how would you absorb a choke force?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
..and isn't that EU?

steverules_2
Could be a deleted scene for all we know erm Unless absorb is what Yoda did when Dooku fired lightning at him and yoda stuck his hand out and just made it dissapear or whatever

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...can you do that? with force choke?

steverules_2
...can you do that? with force choke?

I dunno, Lightning is something you can see and actually just grab with your hand...well...for a jedi anyways, force choke I can imagine is like a force push and something that is hard to block

Jaeh.is.Awesome
well, obi-wan and anakin went at each other with a force push, and it both threw each other away to the opposite sides of the room with some huge amount of force...

what would happen if you do that with force chokes?

steverules_2
I'd think it would be like when someone's choking you and you choke them back...depends which one of you has the tighter grip...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
well.. then.

that doesn't really answer the FC block question.

steverules_2
No but it answers the question of what if two jedi's tried to force choke...thats what you were asking right?

General G
That was his conversation question, but his original question was whether someone trying a force choke could be blocked in their attempt similar to someone blocking force lightning or a force push.

I personally think there would be a way to block it, for the Sith at least, because I am sure they would have needed defences against every Sith offence move especially long ago when there were a lot of Dark Jedi running around. They would need to block a Force Choke or two.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
oh, right, sorry, was sorta confused back there.

well, it would appear (at least to me) that the easiest way to "block" it is to distract the person doing it to you.

General G
Throw a rock.

steverules_2
I'm wondering if a force move can block it...obviously a distraction would work but it wouldn't be blocking it erm

Jaeh.is.Awesome
ah. so a direct force move. that's a very good question... um... um...

let's go to how force choking works.
if I'm correct, force choking involves the constricting of the neck, airpipe, etc., whatever you do when you choke. so, you would feel an invisible pressure on your neck, maybe like a hand or vice gripping it.

so, if it were a real hand, you;d try to pry it off.

I wonder if you could pry force choke off with the force... or something.

Incanus
Force explosion (shown by Marek on the Death Star, it dosnt have another name as far as I know) would stop it cold. But then you would die anyways. But they might. aybe not. It would stop them from choking you though.....

steverules_2

if I'm correct, force choking involves the constricting of the neck, airpipe, etc., whatever you do when you choke. so, you would feel an invisible pressure on your neck, maybe like a hand or vice gripping it.

I wonder if you could pry force choke off with the force... or something.

Vader doesn't even need to force choke...remember near the start of ANH when he broke that rebels neck with one hand...least I think he did cuz I'm sure I heard a cracking

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by steverules_2
Vader doesn't even need to force choke...remember near the start of ANH when he broke that rebels neck with one hand...least I think he did cuz I'm sure I heard a cracking

yeah, but when he was talking to Ozzel it proved very useful..

steverules_2
Thats cause he didn't wanna have to walk all the way the lazy bastard..

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...it was useful, though. Imagine getting angry at your friend over the phone and just start strangling him with force chokes.

that would be awesome.

steverules_2
Yes that instance it was useful...but other times he doesn't even really need it

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...but it still demonstrates the Force or something. maybe he's just lazy, or maybe it's hard to move in that suit.

but still, that doesn't answer your question.

steverules_2
I'm sure he can move around in his suit fine, if he was then he'd suck at fighting with a lightsabre but he's good with a lightsabre so...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...he's just lazy. or maybe he just likes using the Force a lot.

steverules_2
Vaders probably not lazy buuut...I think he's just showing how powerful he is, he doesn't have to be right next to you to kill you or use his lightsabre, he can do it there and then. I mean if he was strangling you with his hand you could do something about it..but with the force there's not much you can do...

General G
but with the force there's not much you can do...

Ha I think you just inadvertently answered his question.

steverules_2
I said there's not MUCH...I didn't say there was NOTHING that you could do wink

Jaeh.is.Awesome
then... uh.. uh... yeah!

steverules_2
...right, ok then confused

Rogue Jedi

I wonder if you could pry force choke off with the force... or something. You could prolly counter with a force push or pull, or force lightning.

steverules_2
Can jedi do force lightning? I know sith can...but jedi....mhmm

sweersa
Can jedi do force lightning? I know sith can...but jedi....mhmm

They have to do it once a month regardless.

steverules_2
Uh huh...and why is that? sly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.