Gorgon vs. Dracula

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trackz
Dracula has a sword, but he doesn't have to use it

Starscream M
gorgon

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Trackz
Dracula has a sword, but he doesn't have to use it

He won't get the chance to. Gorgon one shots him.

Battlehammer
Gorgon stomps drac all day

Prep-Man
dracula.

snoopdogg
Dracula with ease.

Survivor19
The Gorgon.

Trackz
okk so reasons now?

Phantom Zone
Trackz i think you were assuming that Gorgon wasnt going to use his stare...cos thats the only way he can win.

Battlehammer
dont see how he can lose here. I find it funny that the people who say drac win are the same people who think Blade taking drac on is good writing. gorgon would destroy utterly dstroy blade like he was a joke, yes a joke. yes and abc logic does work here.

also what drac going to do against the stare?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Battlehammer
dont see how he can lose here. I find it funny that the people who say drac win are the same people who think Blade taking drac on is good writing. gorgon would destroy utterly dstroy blade like he was a joke, yes a joke. yes and abc logic does work here.

Blade usually gets stomped by Drac, its a high shwoing thats all.

also what drac going to do against the stare?

I just realised Drac is dead, Gorgons stare only works on living things.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Blade usually gets stomped by Drac, its a high shwoing thats all.

I just realised Drac is dead, Gorgons stare only works on living things.

actaully almost every fight they have had blade hung with him for a bit, something blade could not due vs gorgon at all.

that some shit you made up, it was never stated it only works on the living, please dont make up limits to powers that arnt there. In fact he blind folded him self while fighting hand ninja's becuase he would turn them to stone (there dead by the way).

Phantom Zone
actaully almost every fight they have had blade hung with him for a bit,

You sure about that? So that means he wasnt owned?

something blade could not due vs gorgon at all.

Prove it?

that some shit you made up, it was never stated it only works on the living, please dont make up limits to powers that arnt there. In fact he blind folded him self while fighting hand ninja's becuase he would turn them to stone (there dead by the way).

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4562/gorgonvsshield3.jpg

Notice how the only things that are stone are the SHIELD agents. Hell even their guns arent stone.

snoopdogg
A little off topic but wasn't Dracula referenced as the greatest military strategist of our time?

Phantom Zone
Can't remember sorry.

snoopdogg
Can't remember sorry. I think he was in MI:13 at some point.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I think he was in MI:13 at some point.

I wouldnt be suprised though. The real Drac fought the Ottoman Empire and killed nuff of them, Vlad was f*king hardcore.

Trackz
1. battlehammer blade isn't in this thread, get off it seriously
2. Gorgon's CIS, he doesn't use his stone stare against his strongest opponents because he wants to test himself, he will only use it to finish off his opponents (like with wolverine)
3. Yes Pete Wisdom referenced Dracula as such

D_Dude1210

Notice how the only things that are stone are the SHIELD agents. Hell even their guns arent stone.

Their clothes turned to stone. Clothes aren't living things either.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Their clothes turned to stone. Clothes aren't living things either.

Yeah but thats probably because they are wearing them. Im kinda sure that in the film clashes of the titans the gorgon only turned living things to stone but in the movie if you wearing any clothes or anything that would turn to stone as well.

fact of the matter he was looking at the guns and also the walls behind them only thing that turned to stone was them.

D_Dude1210
Yeah but thats probably because they are wearing them. Im kinda sure that in the film clashes of the titans the gorgon only turned living things to stone but in the movie if you wearing any clothes or anything that would turn to stone as well.

fact of the matter he was looking at the guns and also the walls behind them only thing that turned to stone was them.

Yeah, but generally speaking, the stare has proven to be effective against undead (Hand ninjas) as well as unliving objects. Perhaps it is more "target based"? Explaining comic powers through movies/films doesn't really explain anything.

Phantom Zone
Yeah, but generally speaking, the stare has proven to be effective against undead (Hand ninjas) as well as unliving objects. Perhaps it is more "target based"? Explaining comic powers through movies/films doesn't really explain anything.

It worked on hand ninjas? As far as I know they're undead. If so it could work on Drac then.

P.S. I might respond to that Punisher thread awhile back i found some scans.

D_Dude1210
It worked on hand ninjas? As far as I know they're undead. If so it could work on Drac then.

Yeah, when he wanted to join the hand, he killed many of them and alsoturned many of them to stone as he strolled into their sanctum just to prove how good he was.

Original Smurph

fact of the matter he was looking at the guns and also the walls behind them only thing that turned to stone was them. That gives more to suggest that either he has some control over it (given that he has developed psychic powers, this isn't unreasonable), or, perhaps more likely, it only turns organic things to stone.

Clothes are largely organic, so that would be why they turned. Guns aren't, so that would be why they didn't. Same thing goes with people.

Either way, Dracula is still screwed. There's no reason that just because a wall didn't turn to stone, dead things couldn't. Dead flesh is much more akin to live flesh than it is to a wall. You're pulling at straws.

Trackz
Originally posted by Original Smurph
That gives more to suggest that either he has some control over it (given that he has developed psychic powers, this isn't unreasonable), or, perhaps more likely, it only turns organic things to stone.

Clothes are largely organic, so that would be why they turned. Guns aren't, so that would be why they didn't. Same thing goes with people.

Either way, Dracula is still screwed. There's no reason that just because a wall didn't turn to stone, dead things couldn't. Dead flesh is much more akin to live flesh than it is to a wall. You're pulling at straws.

CIS, how many of Gorgons real opponents does he turn to stone? Heck he hates Nick Fury with a passion and still wants to kill him with his sword rather than his stare.

D_Dude1210
CIS, how many of Gorgons real opponents does he turn to stone? Heck he hates Nick Fury with a passion and still wants to kill him with his sword rather than his stare.

If you hated someone, what's more satisfying? Turning some1 to stone painlessly or running them thru with a sword and watch em sputter, gasp and bleed?

Phantom Zone
That gives more to suggest that either he has some control over it (given that he has developed psychic powers, this isn't unreasonable), or, perhaps more likely, it only turns organic things to stone.

Blahblahblah. Rubbish.

Yeah, when he wanted to join the hand, he killed many of them and alsoturned many of them to stone as he strolled into their sanctum just to prove how good he was.

thumb up

snoopdogg
Can Gorgon kill Dracula in mist form?

Trackz
If you hated someone, what's more satisfying? Turning some1 to stone painlessly or running them thru with a sword and watch em sputter, gasp and bleed? it's not only that, he likes challenging himself, he sees his stone stare as just an easy way out, he didn't use it against wolverine and elektra either nor the secret warriors i dont believe.

Phantom Zone
it's not only that, he likes challenging himself, he sees his stone stare as just an easy way out, he didn't use it against wolverine and elektra either nor the secret warriors i dont believe.

I could see him using it as a last resort.

Trackz
I could see him using it as a last resort. yeah as a last resort but at the onset of the battle no he wouldn't use it, especially against such a famed aggressor like Dracula

Phantom Zone
yeah as a last resort but at the onset of the battle no he wouldn't use it, especially against such a famed aggressor like Dracula

True but I kinda see it as its only a matter of time....and when it happens dont know what Drac is gonna do.

Trackz
True but I kinda see it as its only a matter of time....and when it happens dont know what Drac is gonna do. there's always the possibility dracula beats him before he uses it, , Dracula might be the faster/stronger of the two and they should be about equal in skill

Phantom Zone
there's always the possibility dracula beats him before he uses it, , Dracula might be the faster/stronger of the two and they should be about equal in skill

True. I see Drac overpowering Gorgon but not to the point that he cant use his stare....for the most part.

Original Smurph
CIS, how many of Gorgons real opponents does he turn to stone? Heck he hates Nick Fury with a passion and still wants to kill him with his sword rather than his stare. How many has he needed to?

Gorgon's never been given a real challenge of a fight. If you honestly believe that Dracula is powerful enough to take it to him, then why wouldn't Gorgon, an off-the-charts genius, not use the stare, even if he held off until he really needed it?

Original Smurph
there's always the possibility dracula beats him before he uses it, , Dracula might be the faster/stronger of the two and they should be about equal in skill Lolz, if Blade can keep up with Dracula, then he certainly isn't faster than Gorgon.

Trackz
Lolz, if Blade can keep up with Dracula, then he certainly isn't faster than Gorgon. wolverine was able to keep up with gorgon in their last fight :/ and dracula actually does have super speed, you see that in MI:13 when he runs for his ship, and Blade usually doesn't keep up with Dracula, only as of his recent has Blade shown himself able to really take on Dracula, since Blade has been written as a vampire he hasn't really interacted with the marvel mainstream, so you can't really use Blade to say discern Draculas level.

He has however taken on the x-men easily as well as apocalypse.

Trackz
How many has he needed to?

Gorgon's never been given a real challenge of a fight. If you honestly believe that Dracula is powerful enough to take it to him, then why wouldn't Gorgon, an off-the-charts genius, not use the stare, even if he held off until he really needed it? and Gorgon WANTS to challenge himself, if he evr came up against an opponent who could finally challenge him, why would he ruin that opportunity by attempting to use his stone stare right off at th beginning, , Wolverine was able to challenge him and he only used the stone stare once he had beaten him.

Original Smurph
wolverine was able to keep up with gorgon in their last fight :/ No he wasn't... Gorgon beat Wolverine around like a rag doll.

Gorgon made Elektra look incredibly slow, and recently took out a speedster with ease.

Original Smurph
and Gorgon WANTS to challenge himself, if he evr came up against an opponent who could finally challenge him, why would he ruin that opportunity by attempting to use his stone stare right off at th beginning, , Wolverine was able to challenge him and he only used the stone stare once he had beaten him. Who said Gorgon wants to challenge himself? Maybe he's perfectly happy winning with ease.

Wolverine was able to challenge him? Lol? He was laughing off Wolverine's attempts and only used the stare when he became bored.

Gorgon has never needed to use the stare. If he needs to use it, he would.

Trackz
No he wasn't... Gorgon beat Wolverine around like a rag doll.

Gorgon made Elektra look incredibly slow, and recently took out a speedster with ease. their final fight,Wolverine was keeping up with him, thennn got beaten around like a ragdoll, same thing usually happens to Blade, and who hasn't taken out a speedster?

Trackz
Who said Gorgon wants to challenge himself? Maybe he's perfectly happy winning with ease.

Wolverine was able to challenge him? Lol? He was laughing off Wolverine's attempts and only used the stare when he became bored.

Gorgon has never needed to use the stare. If he needs to use it, he would. does gorgon remove the cloth from his eyes in every fight? no. he BARELY does it and when e does do it it is usally just to remove fodder so he can move on to the real challenges, he was recently beaten down by stonewall i believe in secret warriors, and he didn't use his stone stare.

Phantom Zone
Who said Gorgon wants to challenge himself? Maybe he's perfectly happy winning with ease.

Gorgon has never needed to use the stare. If he needs to use it, he would.

Wolverine was able to give Gorgon a bit of trouble in there last fight, it wasnt a total stomp.

Original Smurph
does gorgon remove the cloth from his eyes in every fight? no. he BARELY does it and when e does do it it is usally just to remove fodder so he can move on to the real challenges, he was recently beaten down by stonewall i believe in secret warriors, and he didn't use his stone stare. lol, k

leonidas
drac has rudimentary knowledge of gorgon and gorgon has to look someone in the eyes to turn them to stone. if he stays mist, he HAS NO EYES. he could surround gorgon, turn partially solid to strike (just an arm, for example). he can actually summon lightning, call a thousand rats to swarm gorgon and distract him. drac has one-shotted wolverine AND caught colossus's fist and one-shotted him too.

if gorgon keeps his glasses on as he usually does, drac could could likely play with his mind (unless gorgon's mental defenses>surfer's). there's no reason whatsoever for drac to get close enough for the stare to work if he thinks it COULD affect him. he is undead and a powerfully magical being. i'm not saying he IS immune. i'm just saying that since we've never seen the stare used on someone like drac, we can't say one way or the other what could happen.

Phantom Zone
does gorgon remove the cloth from his eyes in every fight? no. he BARELY does it and when e does do it it is usally just to remove fodder so he can move on to the real challenges, he was recently beaten down by stonewall i believe in secret warriors, and he didn't use his stone stare.

Spoliers dammit, hopefully i'll be getting that issue tommorrow.

Trackz
Spoliers dammit, hopefully i'll be getting that issue tommorrow. my bad haha

Battlehammer

your logic is ridiculous and completely flawed. Guns arnt organic, dead bodies are, so is undead. Also he turned undead to stone before such as hand ninjas, so please can you stop talking out your back end, I mean dam do you even read the issues you get scans from?

Battlehammer
As for this fight gorgon wins, Drac has not shown any mist abilties in years maybe even decades to assume he has them or will uses them is laughable.

Gorgon is extremely fast he flat out easily tagged a speedstir who remark was "no one that fast", gorgon replied "the gorgon is that fast". He also a telepath, rediculously skilled, nothign slows him down, he superhuman speed atleast the speed of thought and made elektra look like a child in speed and over all abiltiy, he a monster.

Prep-Man
dracula.

leonidas
As for this fight gorgon wins, Drac has not shown any mist abilties in years maybe even decades to assume he has them or will uses them is laughable.

What the f**k?

so, you find it "laughable" and are disregarding a power he has used . . . . literally dozens and dozens of times in his history just because YOU don't think he's used it "recently". no expression i haven't seen ss open a black hole in a while. we just say he can't do that anymore? thor hasn't used a god blast in quite some time either, we eliminate that too? that is utterly ridiculous BH and if someone used that kind of logic AGAINST you in a debate, you'd shout them down and probably insult them. prove the power was eliminated from his powerset if you find it so "laughable". good luck with that. otherwise, OF COURSE he can turn to mist and solidify only parts of his body. he'd done it so often in battles it would be out of character for him NOT to do it.

so, i suppose you want to disregard the fact that drac could summon a storm and use lightning to attack him too? what about the fact that drac can fly? we disregard that too, or his ability to summon a hundred wolves or a thousand rats to distract and swarm gorgon in the middle of the fight? please.

if gorgon wins it's because you've neutered dracula and conveniently disregarded his powers. this isn't a sword fight, or specifically h2h. drac has battled the surfer and nearly killed classic dr strange, but you think he's dumb enough to get turned to stone? drac has too many powers for gorgon to counter, and since gorgon has no range attacks and drac can attack from a distance this means drac wins 10/10.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by leonidas
What the f**k?

so, you find it "laughable" and are disregarding a power he has used . . . . literally dozens and dozens of times in his history just because YOU don't think he's used it "recently". no expression i haven't seen ss open a black hole in a while. we just say he can't do that anymore? thor hasn't used a god blast in quite some time either, we eliminate that too? that is utterly ridiculous BH and if someone used that kind of logic AGAINST you in a debate, you'd shout them down and probably insult them. prove the power was eliminated from his powerset if you find it so "laughable". good luck with that. otherwise, OF COURSE he can turn to mist and solidify only parts of his body. he'd done it so often in battles it would be out of character for him NOT to do it.

so, i suppose you want to disregard the fact that drac could summon a storm and use lightning to attack him too? what about the fact that drac can fly? we disregard that too, or his ability to summon a hundred wolves or a thousand rats to distract and swarm gorgon in the middle of the fight? please.

if gorgon wins it's because you've neutered dracula and conveniently disregarded his powers. this isn't a sword fight, or specifically h2h. drac has battled the surfer and nearly killed classic dr strange, but you think he's dumb enough to get turned to stone? drac has too many powers for gorgon to counter, and since gorgon has no range attacks and drac can attack from a distance this means drac wins 10/10. nice agreed

Trackz

Gorgon is extremely fast he flat out easily tagged a speedstir who remark was "no one that fast", gorgon replied "the gorgon is that fast". He also a telepath, rediculously skilled, nothign slows him down, he superhuman speed atleast the speed of thought and made elektra look like a child in speed and over all abiltiy, he a monster. taking out a speedster means nothing, everyone has done it, not only that dracula has speed to match that of a speedster however he also has the skills to match, which is what most speedsters lack

and he used his mist about 3-4 years ago in his fight with apocalypse and has only been used in two stories since.

leonidas
yeah, here's the scene against apocalypse. not sure that is "recent" enough though for you BH. roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://img33.imageshack.us/i/apocalypsevsdracula4013.jpg/

"laughable" that he would use mist-form?? seriously?? c'mon man . . .

and here is a scan of him summoning and using a lightning bolt to attack with:

http://img229.imageshack.us/i/apocalypsevsdracula4009.jpg/

in mist gorgon cannot damage him, while drac could partially become solid and still strike and with lightning drac can kill him. if gorgon stays in character and keeps his glasses on drac can probably control him mentally (unless gorgon's mental defense>ss).

drac is seriously being underestimated here . . .

Trackz
well we also see, it's in Draculas character to want to fight a worthy opponent which is why i had these two go against each other, Dracula is more powerful, but like against Blade and Black Knight he will fight rather than use his abilities

actually he probably couldn't use his abilities in MI:13 against them since they were in space I believe.

Phantom Zone
Hmm yeah I guess Drac wins theres a fair amount of proof that Gorgon wont use his stare.

Battlehammer
I was mistaken, I retract my earlier statement, but dam leo you dont gotta be so angery about it, what did I do to you?

though laughable was a term I should not have used, your reaction to it was a bit over the top.

Battlehammer
on a side note why does drac never uses any of his other powers asside from physical ones vs blade?

Trackz
on a side note why does drac never uses any of his other powers asside from physical ones vs blade? he enjoys fighting blade and some of his other abilities (hypnosis and such) Blade is immune too.

snoopdogg
on a side note why does drac never uses any of his other powers asside from physical ones vs blade? Dracula turned into a bat in a few of their fights and one time snuck up on Blade in bat form iirc.

Battlehammer
he enjoys fighting blade and some of his other abilities (hypnosis and such) Blade is immune too.
so drac likes the challange? I mean if Drac used his other abilties coudlent he jsut thrash blade with them?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Dracula turned into a bat in a few of their fights and one time snuck up on Blade in bat form iirc.
out of all his powers Bat form seems to be the least threatening though it is pretty cool ability.

thanos-prime
so drac likes the challange? I mean if Drac used his other abilties coudlent he jsut thrash blade with them? ofc but he is the bad guy and they couldn't have him killing blade but he is certainly able

Trackz
same was sabretooth and omega red are able to thrash wolverine, or darkseid should be able to thrash superman, but they always find ways to win.

leonidas
I was mistaken, I retract my earlier statement, but dam leo you dont gotta be so angery about it, what did I do to you?

though laughable was a term I should not have used, your reaction to it was a bit over the top.

the tone of your posts OFTEN comes across as antagonistic. i have no problem at all debating with anyone, but i really hate flaming, insulting and derogatory posts. not sure if it's a language issue or what, but the tone of your posts just often sounds insulting, and the term "laughable" IS a bit insulting. if you didn't intend it that way maybe be careful with your words? erm anyway, you're likely right--my response probably was a little overdone. my apologies. you may not think so but i DO respect your opinion on characters like gorgon, sabes and logan and their rogues, just sometimes YOUR responses and defense of them seems a little over the top too.

meh. let's just chalk it up as a misunderstanding of the characters involved and a language issue! laughing out loud

all's good in my books, BH. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.