R-Rated Riddick Return

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji

steverules_2
R-Rated huh? Well hopefully it'll be better than the first one...

Pitch Black I liked...but the Riddick movie wasn't so great

MildPossession
Oo I hope this xXx sequel has Asia Argento back!

Anyway, as long as it's better than Chronicles, I will be happy.

jaden101
The fact that he's clearly more concerned about the financial aspects of it makes me skeptical straight from the off. That shouldn't be a writer and director's focus...Leave that to the producers.

dadudemon
Everyone knows how I feel about "lightening-up" a movie to earn the Pg-13 rating to make more money.

However, making a movie realisitc so that it has no choice but to end up as R, does not mean it's a good movie, automatically.

jinXed by JaNx
I think it sounds like a great idea to push for an R rating. An R rating is what Diesels fans want and it sounds like he learned that after the pacifier.

Quincy
Pitch Black was great. Chronicles not so much. Interesting to see what they'll do with a sequel.

Rogue Jedi
More Riddick is always good yes

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
More Riddick is always good yes

Na, this franchise can only get shittier.

jaden101
If anything, they should just scrub all this chronicles "furyan" shit and get back to him being a bad-ass. A prequel might work...How he ended up getting his eyes and him being on the run and getting caught by Johns.

Robtard
Certainly sounds like a better script than him being the unwilling leader of the Necromongers. Get to writing.

Edit: Or they could take the Mad Max route and go with a full length animated 'R' movie.

Rogue Jedi
Chronicles was good til the end, becoming the leader of the Necromongers kinda ruined it.

roughrider
Vin Diesel has always had troubles maintaining a franchise. He starts one with 'The Fast & The Furious', then gets dropped by the producers for the sequels that follow. He annouces his own James Bond-style series with 'XXX' but gets dropped after one film, in favour of Ice Cube! eek!
'Pitch Black' was a well-regarded indie scfi-fi film, but supersizing it with 'Chronicles Of Riddick' backfired, critically & commercially.
Heck, Guillermo Del Toro passed him over for 'Hellboy' in favour of Ron Perlman (which was the right thing to do.)

Robtard
He would have been a shit Hellboy, down right awful.

Mindset
Originally posted by roughrider
Vin Diesel has always had troubles maintaining a franchise. He starts one with 'The Fast & The Furious', then gets dropped by the producers for the sequels that follow. And then he was brought back for arguable the best F&F in the series.

Also, he had a cameo in the 3rd one eek!

Robtard
The last F&F sucked balls. Great cars though.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
The last F&F sucked balls. Great cars though.

That's not what the majority of people have said about it, though.

In fact, the majority of the people think it's the best one out of all the films.

I saw it, and it was good. I give it a solid 7.

Robtard
Then the majority of people have shit taste in movies, the plot was weak, the acting laughable and the dialogue moronic.

Hey, nice cars though.

Rogue Jedi
Pretty much. Nice looking chicks too. The scene where Dom figures out what happened to Letty? Laughable.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Then the majority of people have shit taste in movies, the plot was weak, the acting laughable and the dialogue moronic.

Hey, nice cars though.

In all honesty, I only gave it a 7 for the effects and the shit your pants cars and races. I am dead serious.

jaden101
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's not what the majority of people have said about it, though.

In fact, the majority of the people think it's the best one out of all the films.

I saw it, and it was good. I give it a solid 7.

The kind of people who want to go and see F+F films don't represent the majority of people.

Rogue Jedi
What about people who rent them when there is nothing left to rent?

MildPossession
Diesel was nearly Hellboy!! urgh. Ron Pearlman IS Hellyboy.

roughrider
I see Diesel, I still think first of him playing Pvt. Caparzo from Saving Private Ryan (and he's only in the first hour of the film.)

The Nuul
I liked Chronicles Of Riddick, F&F has nice cars and some chicks but over all it's a horrible movie. However! I will only see it just for racing and that's it is great for. XXX sucks donkey balls.

S_D_J
Originally posted by jaden101
The kind of people who want to go and see F+F films don't represent the majority of people.

the people who saw F+F represent the entirety of people...

... that saw those movies. So, it was picked as the best movie of the franchise by the majority of people...

... that saw those movies.

I loved Pitch Black.
I think Chronicles raped the character... a bit, but he still kicked ass, and I was entertained, so bring more Riddick. I'll wacth it

MildPossession
Am I the only one who enjoyed xXx, the first one that is?

S_D_J
oh yeah, that one was good, especially the russian (or whatever she was) chick big grin

I refused to watch the second one, until last year when i finally saw it, it was ok. First one was better though.

MildPossession
Asia Argento? his 'bond girl' sidekick in the film.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by MildPossession
Am I the only one who enjoyed xXx, the first one that is? Nope.

The Nuul
Am I the only one who enjoyed xXx, the first one that is?

Yes.

Rogue Jedi
Nope.

The Nuul
Originally posted by The Nuul
Yes.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

jinXed by JaNx
Chronicles was good til the end, becoming the leader of the Necromongers kinda ruined it.

Dude, i loved that part. He just plops down on the throne like...,"fuk, what have i gotten myself into?"

Rogue Jedi
Nah, it was more like "Shit, Kyra's dead and I didnt even hit it."

S_D_J
Asia Argento? his 'bond girl' sidekick in the film.

yep, the italian chick that play a russian wink

Nah, it was more like "Shit, Kyra's dead and I didnt even hit it."

that's what i thought 131
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Dude, i loved that part. He just plops down on the throne like...,"fuk, what have i gotten myself into?"

that makes more sense

MildPossession
I doubt it, but I would like to see her back for the Diesel sequel. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.