DC strength levels, Where exactly is Supes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darkfan76
Sort them from strongest to weakest...

Superman
Supergirl
Power Girl
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Captain Marvel
Aquaman (Under water)
Orion
Darkseid
Mongul
Doomsday
Hades
Etrigan
Bizarro
Grundy
Lobo
General Zod
Ultraman
Superboy (Conner)
Superboy Prime
Kalibak
Black Adam

xJLxKing
Originally posted by darkfan76

Superman
Supergirl
Power Girl
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Captain Marvel
Aquaman (Under water)
Orion
Darkseid
Mongul
Doomsday
Hades
Etrigan
Bizarro
Grundy
Lobo
General Zod
Ultraman
Superboy (Conner)
Superboy Prime
Kalibak
Black Adam

Wow so many. Ima try but I ain't good with these. I dont' know about some current characters. Also, some of them are too close(most actually) to even tell. MM is just as strong as Superman. Orion stalemated Superman. CM and Superman are usually even..etc. I put Superman infront because of his feats.
Prime
Doomsday current
Superman
Orion
Ultraman
MM
Black Adam
Captain Marvel
Bizarro
Grundy
Mongul
Wonder Woman
Superboy
Powergirl
Supergirl
Kalibak
Aquaman

I don't know where to put
Hades
Etrigan
Hades
Etrigan
DS
Lobo

-Pr-
I'd say Superman is as strong if not stronger than DD. As far as Prime goes, i dunno.

ankur29
1)SB Prime
2)Doomsday Current
3)DS =Despero=Superman = Ultraman = Bizarro
4)Black Adam= Captain Marvel =Wonder Woman= Orion
5)Supergirl
6)Mongul classic = MM = Lobo = Grundy= Kalibak
7)Etrigan
8)Powergirl
9)Superboy
10)Aquaman

I don't know where to put

Hades

Philosophía
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'd say Superman is as strong if not stronger than DD. As far as Prime goes, i dunno.

I'm of opinion that if Superman goes in the state of mind he did when he confronted the Imperiex Probes alongside Doomsday, he could match Superboy Prime, given the increase in power he received during that state and how he has performed against Superboy Prime up until now (Prime was most definitley superior, but I don't think it's something Superman couldn't cover when going all-out).

But maybe that's just me. ermm

-Pr-

Philosophía
Yeah, you and Batdude just sit back and let me sound like the fanboy. uhuh

-Pr-

darkfan76
Why is that Supergirl and Power Girl are not considered as equals? confused

On the hand, I agree that SBP is what we would see if Supes cut loose.

-Pr-
Why is that Supergirl and Power Girl are not considered as equals? confused

On the hand, I agree that SBP is what we would see if Supes cut loose.

feats, mostly.

Endless Mike
Assuming we're talking about purely physical strength:

Superboy Prime
Darkseid
Orion
Doomsday
Superman
Black Adam
Martian Manhunter
Captain Marvel
Mongul (assuming this is the current Mongul in GLC)
Ultraman
Bizarro
Lobo
Etrigan
Wonder Woman
Supergirl
General Zod
Grundy
Kalibak
Power Girl
Aquaman (Under water)
Superboy (Conner)

Don't know enough about Hades to say

Philosophía
I disagree with so many of these lists, I don't even know where to start.

ankur29
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Superboy Prime
Darkseid
Orion
Doomsday
Superman
Black Adam
Martian Manhunter
Captain Marvel
Ultraman
Bizarro
Lobo
Etrigan
Wonder Woman
Supergirl
General Zod
Grundy
Kalibak
Power Girl
Aquaman (Under water)
Superboy (Conner)

CM is as strong as BA , thier lifting baility shoudl be the same ignoring how hard they hit

Bizarro & UM are equal toSM as they are his exact copy (or a verison of him) , also isn't bizzaro ought to be slightly stronger

DD is stronger than Darkseid

there is more that i'm skeptical about

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Superboy Prime
Darkseid
Orion
Doomsday
Superman
Black Adam
Martian Manhunter
Captain Marvel
Ultraman
Bizarro
Lobo
Etrigan
Wonder Woman
Supergirl
General Zod
Grundy
Kalibak
Power Girl
Aquaman (Under water)
Superboy (Conner)

Orion is stronger then Superman? CM and BA are pretty equal. MM and Superman are almost equal. Others are wrong too.

darkfan76

ankur29

Endless Mike
Well I just think Black Adam has better strength feats that I have seen, even though he and CM are technically equal. I was mainly judging it by feats.

zeel
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Orion is stronger then Superman? CM and BA are pretty equal. MM and Superman are almost equal. Others are wrong too.

MM and supes close to being equal, nah dont agree with that statment.

BA > cap, Ba is a no holds barred captian marvel pissed off.

BA rips the shit outta MM everytime they meet.

MM is more on the level as wonderwoman. In terms of strength ba and cap are equal prolly but hitting power it goes to BA.

Cartesian Doubt

Superman
Supergirl
Power Girl
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Captain Marvel
Aquaman (Under water)
Orion
Darkseid
Mongul
Doomsday
Hades
Etrigan
Bizarro
Grundy
Lobo
General Zod
Ultraman
Superboy (Conner)
Superboy Prime
Kalibak
Black Adam

In there most traditional Forms :

Superboy Prime
Hunter Prey Doomsday
Despero
Superman
Black Adam
Captain Marvel
Darksied (A bit Contreversial, but he's never demonstrated strength to suggest he's above Black Adam, Despero or Superman. He goes behind Captain Marvel because I think Marvel and Adam are pretty much even, Don't forget They are powered by seven Gods including a couple of Skyfathers, where as Darksied is generally regarded below the Skyfather level).
Ultraman (Pretty even to Superman however has shown limits; couldn't get past Kyles forcefield, Martian Manhunter fight etc).
Mongul
Orion/Wonder Woman (I really don't know how to seperate these two; they both have so many low and high showings).
Supergirl
General Zod
Bizarro
Martian Manhunter
Grundy
Superboy
Kaliback
Powergirl
Etrigan
Aquaman

No idea where the **** to put Lobo ; his strength can vary between Aquaman to Superman. And Hades is apprently dead; I think a better question is where Ares should be but I couldn't answer that either.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by zeel
MM and supes close to being equal, nah dont agree with that statment.

BA > cap, Ba is a no holds barred captian marvel pissed off.

BA rips the shit outta MM everytime they meet.

MM is more on the level as wonderwoman. In terms of strength ba and cap are equal prolly but hitting power it goes to BA.
It's stated that Superman and MM are equal in strength.
BA>CM but they are almost identical.

Galan007

zeel

Yet MM cannot defeat Billy or Ba. In fact ba rips the shit outta him everytime they meet. BTW where is it stated that MM is supermans equal?

Endless Mike
Martian Manhunter has beaten Black Adam

xJLxKing
Originally posted by zeel
Yet MM cannot defeat Billy or Ba. In fact ba rips the shit outta him everytime they meet. BTW where is it stated that MM is supermans equal?
They stated a few times actually. But not Superman's equal as in powerl only in strength. The most recent one was in blackest night, where MM states, "I am as powerful as Superman...Why does everyone forget that?"

I think MM did beat BA.

Cartesian Doubt
They stated a few times actually. But not Superman's equal as in powerl only in strength. The most recent one was in blackest night, where MM states, "I am as powerful as Superman...Why does everyone forget that?"

I think MM did beat BA.

Powerful and strength are simillar but different concepts.

E.G. charles Xavier is incredibly powerful, but not very strong.

I think Martian Manhunter was referring to his array of abilities considered all together, not his actual strength level.

When it comes to brute force and endurance, no one considred a hero really matches Superman.

zeel
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Powerful and strength are simillar but different concepts.

E.G. charles Xavier is incredibly powerful, but not very strong.

I think Martian Manhunter was referring to his array of abilities considered all together, not his actual strength level.

When it comes to brute force and endurance, no one considred a hero really matches Superman.

I can agree with this statement

Kris Blaze
Where's Mon el?

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Where's Mon el?

Floundering in the realms of uncertainty...

Where is the number two ?

danielgamer

Superman
Supergirl
Power Girl
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Captain Marvel
Aquaman (Under water)
Orion
Darkseid
Mongul
Doomsday
Hades
Etrigan
Bizarro
Grundy
Lobo
General Zod
Ultraman
Superboy (Conner)
Superboy Prime
Kalibak
Black Adam

Well, for me:
Superman = 100

Supergirl (Kara???) = 65
Power Girl = 50-55
Wonder Woman = 75
Martian Manhunter = 90
Superboy (Conner) = 35
SB Prime = 500 (5X Superman)
General Zod = 90-100
Kalibak - 40-50???
Black Adam - 95
Black Adam WW3 - 250
Cap Marvel - 95
Lobo - 70
Mongul - 85
Ultraman = 100
Bizarro = 100
Hades = 250-300
Orion = 90
Darkseid = 90 (Modern One)
Classic Darkseid = 1000

r0nm0n88

its stated, doesnt make it true, and its also been stated on panel that he is no superman. MM=/=supes.

Batman-Prime
I prefer the "normal" Superman = 100
(just Strength)

Superman, really all out 300, normal 100
Supergirl, 80
Power Girl 80
Wonder Woman 95
Martian Manhunter 100
Captain Marvel 100
Aquaman (Under water) 10
Orion 110 (120 pissed off)
Darkseid 120
Mongul 90
Doomsday 100-150
Hades dunno
Etrigan dunno
Bizarro 95
Grundy 60-105
Lobo 70-95
General Zod 80-100
Ultraman 100
Superboy (Conner) 60
Superboy Prime 300
Kalibak 99
Black Adam 100

ankur29
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I prefer the "normal" Superman = 100
(just Strength)

Superman, really all out 300, normal 100
Supergirl, 80
Power Girl 80
Wonder Woman 95
Martian Manhunter 100
Captain Marvel 100
Aquaman (Under water) 10
Orion 110 (120 pissed off)
Darkseid 120
Mongul 90
Doomsday 100-150
Hades dunno
Etrigan dunno
Bizarro 95
Grundy 60-105
Lobo 70-95
General Zod 80-100
Ultraman 100
Superboy (Conner) 60
Superboy Prime 300
Kalibak 99
Black Adam 100

i'd agree that SM piss> SM normal
but as strong as SBP??

why is orion above BA/CM
why is bizzarro below SM?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by ankur29
i'd agree that SM piss> SM normal
but as strong as SBP??

why is orion above BA/CM
why is bizzarro below SM?

Yeah, they are cut from the same stuff in the end. But we still have to see Superman going all out.

Orion is above Superman as well, who is BA/CM's equal.

Bizzarro was defeated by Zod. He performed really bad, he lacks the feats to be on par with Supes IMHO. Except of this he is just an imperfect clone.

-Pr-
Ok, here i go. This is in terms of pure punching/lifting power:

Superman/Superboy Prime/Ultraman/Doomsday
Captain Marvel/Darkseid/Orion/Black Adam/Bizarro/Lobo
Wonder Woman/Martian Manhunter/Mongul/Etrigan
Supergirl/Power Girl/General Zod/Kalibak/Grundy (depending on version)
Superboy (Conner)
Aquaman (Under water)

Hades - no idea.

Kris Blaze
lmfao at Zod's placement.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
lmfao at Zod's placement.

yeah, i put zod in the wrong place. my bad.

Spire
Superman, Superboy Prime

Doomsday, General Zod

Darkseid, Orion

Lobo, Ultraman, Bizarro

Captain Marvel, Black Adam, Supergirl

Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Power Girl

Mongul, Etrigan, Grundy, Kalibak

Superboy(Conner)

Aquaman(Under water)

-----

Hades - Not sure. I would have to go run through WW again, but I really don't feel like it... so **** him.

joesha28
there is this Toy series by DC, in that Captain Marvel ( Shazam) strength is 84, Black Adam is 80, Supergirl 90, Bizzaro 90, Wondergirl 70. Can somebody know wat is Superman's strength in that series?

Q99
DC gods are strong, but Hades rarely uses his strength, just his powers, so you won't get specific feats.

---
I'm surprised so many people put Power Girl and Supergirl at the same level in these lists, or Supergirl higher. PG is sort of a more mature, more musclely SG (who focuses more on speed and has a thinner build).

Batman-Prime
Superman all out = SBP
DoomsDay
Orion = Darkside
Grundy
MartianManhunter = Captain Marvel = Superman (standard) = Ultraman = Black Adam = General Zod
Kalibak = WonderWoman = Bizarro = Lobo = Etrigan = Mongul
Supergirl = Powergirl
Superboy (Conner)
Aquaman (Under water)

Hades I don't know maybe like Grundy.

Sirius77
Prime
Despero
Lobo
Superman/ Ultraman/ Darkseid/ Orion/BA/CM/ Doomsday current
Wonder Woman
Bizarro
Kalibak
MM
Grundy
Mongul
Supergirl
Powergirl
Superboy
Etrigan
Aquaman

Hades-dont know

Prep-Man
The Renegade

Everyone else.

carver9
Originally posted by Sirius77
Prime
Despero
Lobo
Superman/ Ultraman/ Darkseid/ Orion/BA/CM/ Doomsday current
Wonder Woman
Bizarro
Kalibak
MM
Grundy
Mongul
Supergirl
Powergirl
Superboy
Etrigan
Aquaman

Hades-dont know

This...

JakeTheBank
Honestly, a high end/balls to the wall Superman shouldn't be decisively weaker than Prime, if at all.

Sirius77
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Honestly, a high end/balls to the wall Superman shouldn't be decisively weaker than Prime, if at all.

In the same light though, a high end balls to the wall Prime, would be worlds above a high end balls to the wall supes tbh. At mid-range, he pushes planets and stomps teams. At an all-time PIS low, he stalemates and is eventually beaten by every teen titan + some members of the jla.

I see what you're saying, and Supes is a beast, but I don't buy the idea that he is above Prime in any physical stats by any degree.

JakeTheBank
In the same light though, a high end balls to the wall Prime, would be worlds above a high end balls to the wall supes tbh. At mid-range, he pushes planets and stomps teams. At an all-time PIS low, he stalemates and is eventually beaten by every teen titan + some members of the jla.

I see what you're saying, and Supes is a beast, but I don't buy the idea that he is above Prime in any physical stats by any degree.

Fair enough.

In my opinion, I feel that Prime is simply a bloodlusted no holding back Superman with perhaps a slight edge in physical stats. If Kal were ever to truly just not give a crap, he'd be able to compete with Prime and perhaps more due to the fact that unlike Prime, he's very skilled with his powers and utilizes finesse more often than just beating the crap out of everything.

Prep-Man
Could Superman push planets like Prime? Because I remember him doing pretty badly one time.

-Pr-
Fair enough.

In my opinion, I feel that Prime is simply a bloodlusted no holding back Superman with perhaps a slight edge in physical stats. If Kal were ever to truly just not give a crap, he'd be able to compete with Prime and perhaps more due to the fact that unlike Prime, he's very skilled with his powers and utilizes finesse more often than just beating the crap out of everything.

That's how I always saw it. I think the fact that Johns always wrote Kal-El as being unwilling to fight Prime, or trying to talk him down, as a hint as to how he viewed their levels.

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Could Superman push planets like Prime? Because I remember him doing pretty badly one time.

He has moved planets, yes.

Sirius77
Fair enough.

I agree with that. He is a less controlled version, but imo, his edge is a lot more than slight stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
That's how I always saw it. I think the fact that Johns always wrote Kal-El as being unwilling to fight Prime, or trying to talk him down, as a hint as to how he viewed their levels.

He has moved planets, yes.

thumb up

Q99
Eh, I feel that Prime was supposed to be significantly stronger due to his pre-crisis origins.

While Superman could do something against him due to greater skill and such, he couldn't, say, take multiple full punches from Black Adam and declare that it 'tickles,' or get into a prolonged slugfest with a Daxam GL with Ion without getting worn down by it.

-Pr-
I took the Adam thing to be more of a magic thing, tbh, and to be fair, Adam was weakened at the time imo.

If it had been Superman against Yat, my money would have been on Superman tbh.

abhilegend
What lantern powers did yat use against prime anyway? Kal has beat every daxamite he has faced including PC mon-el.

Sirius77
I took the Adam thing to be more of a magic thing, tbh, and to be fair, Adam was weakened at the time imo.

If it had been Superman against Yat, my money would have been on Superman tbh.

Where does it say that BA was weakened in that instance? Also, it was always a running thing that Prime could take magic very well, but while BA's his fists were surrounded by magical lightning, the force of the blows themselves were not magic, but rather just pure physical force as I understood it. If he is immune to any harm from an individual simply because they are magically powered (which I don't really believe), then that would pose a lot of problems in the versus forum imo

-Pr-
Where does it say that BA was weakened in that instance? Also, it was always a running thing that Prime could take magic very well, but while BA's his fists were surrounded by magical lightning, the force of the blows themselves were not magic, but rather just pure physical force as I understood it. If he is immune to any harm from an individual simply because they are magically powered (which I don't really believe), then that would pose a lot of problems in the versus forum imo

Adam had just gotten free of being hooked up to the machine, which was drawing on his power iirc. Unless I'm remembering wrong. And I thought I remembered Prime actually mentioning magic when Adam punched him.

i'm not saying he's immune, just that the combination of the other two factors might have stacked things in Prime's favour.

Sirius77
Ah, I remember the machine thing now, and yeah that makes sense.

ankur29

this thumb up

Nephthys
I could swear I've seen Supergirl let Lobo win at arm wrestling after about a hour-long stalemate and then claim she could have won at any point. Its in her respect thread.

But I guess the reboot changes things a bit. At least until people can establish themselves a bit more. Plus theres a big difference between Action Comics Supes and regular.

NemeBro
Superboy Prime makes Guardians look like pussies and Superman working with a large group of superheroes couldn't hold him down when a ray of sunlight so much as shined on his hand.

I'm sorry, I can't bring myself to think that Superman was holding back to the extent that his full strength would be the equal of every other superhero that was holding Prime plus his own "holding back" levels. Since that is what he would have to have to equal Prime.

Superman has outright admitted he cannot match Prime in a contest of might.

Superboy Prime was meant to be more powerful, I think that is kinda clear IMO.

Omega Vision
I'd say Prime is at least twice as strong as Superman normally. If Superman cuts loose its closer...but still Prime's game.

For reference...look at the New Hampshire Primary. Mitt Romney is Prime, Superman is Ron Paul. The other heroes are Rick Perry, Santorum, Huntsman, and Gingrich. stick out tongue

Sirius77
Originally posted by NemeBro
Superboy Prime makes Guardians look like pussies and Superman working with a large group of superheroes couldn't hold him down when a ray of sunlight so much as shined on his hand.

I'm sorry, I can't bring myself to think that Superman was holding back to the extent that his full strength would be the equal of every other superhero that was holding Prime plus his own "holding back" levels. Since that is what he would have to have to equal Prime.

thumb up This

-Pr-

Superman has made plenty of so-called uber beings look pretty bad too.

NemeBro
That isn't anywhere near as relevant as the "Superman plus a bunch of other super strong heroes could not hold him down when he received a glimmer of sunlight".

Based on showings between the two, Superboy Prime is demonstratably stronger.

abhilegend
Pre-DOS doomsday took a guardian's suicide attack without any discomfort. Prime has done nothing that makes him many times stronger than superman. He is stronger than superman but not much. Moving planets, Mon-el moved a star to another solar system and kal koed him while suffocating.

Sirius77
Originally posted by abhilegend
Pre-DOS doomsday took a guardian's suicide attack without any discomfort. Prime has done nothing that makes him many times stronger than superman. He is stronger than superman but not much. Moving planets, Mon-el moved a star to another solar system and kal koed him while suffocating.

I see what you're saying, but that wasn't just one Guardian suicide attack though. There were several involved, and it wasn't just for the purpose of destroying him, but rather bfring him.

When did Mon-el move a star? Not saying he didn't, because it's well within the power of most Kryptonian level beings imo, but jw.

-Pr-
That isn't anywhere near as relevant as the "Superman plus a bunch of other super strong heroes could not hold him down when he received a glimmer of sunlight".

Based on showings between the two, Superboy Prime is demonstratably stronger.

Why isn't it relevant?

Sirius77
Considering all that Prime has done in the relatively short amount of time that he's been around, I'd say it's less relevant based upon the fact that Prime is shown to be consistently stronger, faster, and more durable.

Simply put, is there any evidence to suggest that superman could take on 3 legions+ an amped Bart and himself and still gain the upper hand? How about tank a blast that injured the AM, and still take on the sc+ the glc and multiple guardians and laugh it off? I just can't see how it's remotely possible that superman is on this level. He has dynamic strength, yes, but that doesn't make him Prime's peer.

JakeTheBank
Superman's entire history is full of him doing incredibly absurd shit, though. The guy practically invented WTF worthy feats.

Sirius77
I definitely can't disagree with that, but that's kind of my point though. For the relatively brief time in which Prime has appeared (not counting silver age of course), he's taken on top-tiers like potato chips, and had enough wtf worthy feats for most to consider him a plot device by himself.

abhilegend
Considering all that Prime has done in the relatively short amount of time that he's been around, I'd say it's less relevant based upon the fact that Prime is shown to be consistently stronger, faster, and more durable.

Simply put, is there any evidence to suggest that superman could take on 3 legions+ an amped Bart and himself and still gain the upper hand? How about tank a blast that injured the AM, and still take on the sc+ the glc and multiple guardians and laugh it off? I just can't see how it's remotely possible that superman is on this level. He has dynamic strength, yes, but that doesn't make him Prime's peer.
Superman koed Earth-man with the power of entire legion with one punch, prime had the help of mordru and every villain on that prison planet to take on legion and a comics flash isn't a forum flash. Kal took many punches from time trapper SBP and was still going strong. How about shattering the body of soulfire darkseid and tanking source wall getting destroyed. Kal has taken on every hero on earth under hector hammond's mind control and battled true PC superboy to a standstill. Prime was amped by Alex for moving planet IIRC. Prime is stronger but not by much.

-Pr-
Superman's entire history is full of him doing incredibly absurd shit, though. The guy practically invented WTF worthy feats.

Pretty much. I mean, Prime was impressive, but I don't see him doing anything that Superman himself couldn't do for the most part.

NemeBro
Why isn't it relevant? It isn't as relevant as Prime being decidedly more than a match for Superman every time they have appeared in a comic together. Refresh my memory: When has Superman been portrayed as anything but decidedly weaker than Prime when they appeared together?

Also, abhil, Prime was not amped by Alexander Luthor Jr. when he was moving planets at FTL speeds.

Galan007
Supes already admitted that he could not stop Prime without some major help:
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2223/014cm.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/453/015016.jpg

Also recall that during IC, Supes teamed up with Kal-L, and together they resorted to ramming Prime through a red star just to depower him. I doubt Supes would have gone to such an extreme if he alone were capable of beating Prime via fisticuffs. /shrug

Sirius77
Superman koed Earth-man with the power of entire legion with one punch, prime had the help of mordru and every villain on that prison planet to take on legion and a comics flash isn't a forum flash. Kal took many punches from time trapper SBP and was still going strong. How about shattering the body of soulfire darkseid and tanking source wall getting destroyed. Kal has taken on every hero on earth under hector hammond's mind control and battled true PC superboy to a standstill. Prime was amped by Alex for moving planet IIRC. Prime is stronger but not by much.

One man with the power of the legion does not equate to multiple legionaires attacking simultaneously. It should also be noted that Superman was among the legion when Prime was walking through them. As was Ion-Guardian Sadam-Yat with 1,000 years of experience. Prime pretty much brushed him and his constructs off.

There isn't a difference between forum flash and regular Flash if the character's feats are actually being taken into account, and the person arguing him knows the character's limits. Also, like I said before, every time that Prime has had a bad showing involving a Flash, they have either outnumbered him, been amped, or a combination of the two. In the case of LO3W, it was the latter.

When did Kal tank the source wall being destroyed? I mean I remember the collision of Apocalypse and NG, but was it during DOTNG? That was pretty beastly, considering he was the only one that wasn't shielded, but Prime tanked something that the AM and Henshaw were injured by, then proceeded to bfr the AM. If we are comparing feats, we could go on forever, but every feat that you give of Superman's I can probably list a better one for Prime tbh. The difference is that Post Crisis Superman has been around for 20+ years, while Prime was just brought back for 6. It's not a bad thing imo, it just is what it is. Prime is just simply all around more powerful. It's been stated, shown, and reiterated.

Prime wasn't amped by Alex during that, he was at best at a manageable level. He was weakened during the retcon punch though iirc.

Galan007
Prime tanked something that the AM and Henshaw were injured by, then proceeded to bfr the AM. Prime also tanked anti-matter energy, as well as a universe-busting blast.

His damage-soak is unprecedented.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Galan007
Prime also tanked anti-matter energy, as well as a universe-busting blast.

His damage-soak is unprecedented.

thumb up

I almost forgot about the anti-matter. The amount of things that he has been able to walk away from is staggering, and the fact that he was able to just sit there and just tank antimatter straight from the AM is pretty insane.

abhilegend
One man with the power of the legion does not equate to multiple legionaires attacking simultaneously. It should also be noted that Superman was among the legion when Prime was walking through them. As was Ion-Guardian Sadam-Yat with 1,000 years of experience. Prime pretty much brushed him and his constructs off.

What does that even mean? Earth-man defeated entire legion in one blast and had entire legion's power. Superman koed him with a single punch shortly after gaining his powers back.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/15.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/16.jpg

Sodam is a jobber and was out of commission for 1000 years, like sinestro said to Hal that he was rusty after not using his ring. Anyway kal has taken on entire gl corps for 50 years in the future
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3568/supesglcorps.jpg

Are you kidding me? "Forum flash" is unbeatable, comics flash not so much. XS had trouble with going lightspeed with the same amp, so it was not so big of an amp. Tell me about a time superman got beat by a flash
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/Supergirl_Respect/flashout.jpg
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/Supergirl_Respect/flashout2.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/DOTNG7p21-22.jpg

Nobody's arguing about if Prime's stronger than superman but that kal has the feats to match his showings.

I thought alex amped him for that. I've to re-read Infinite crisis secret files.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
Supes already admitted that he could not stop Prime without some major help:
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2223/014cm.jpg
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/453/015016.jpg

Also recall that during IC, Supes teamed up with Kal-L, and together they resorted to ramming Prime through a red star just to depower him. I doubt Supes would have gone to such an extreme if he alone were capable of beating Prime via fisticuffs. /shrug

Not surprising since its Geoff johns and his villains are always more powerful than heroes. But kal has defeated and stalemated people on Prime's level like Pre-zero hour Mon-el, pocket dimension superboy and Cythonna. I think he was thinking of a quick solution and we can't forget he was constantly fighting for days before that IIRC even fighting through nearly every villain in metropolis.

Sirius77
What does that even mean? Earth-man defeated entire legion in one blast and had entire legion's power. Superman koed him with a single punch shortly after gaining his powers back.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/15.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/16.jpg

Sodam is a jobber and was out of commission for 1000 years, like sinestro said to Hal that he was rusty after not using his ring. Anyway kal has taken on entire gl corps for 50 years in the future
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3568/supesglcorps.jpg

Are you kidding me? "Forum flash" is unbeatable, comics flash not so much. XS had trouble with going lightspeed with the same amp, so it was not so big of an amp. Tell me about a time superman got beat by a flash
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/Supergirl_Respect/flashout.jpg
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/Supergirl_Respect/flashout2.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/DOTNG7p21-22.jpg

Nobody's arguing about if Prime's stronger than superman but that kal has the feats to match his showings.

I thought alex amped him for that. I've to re-read Infinite crisis secret files.

That was just Saturn Girl, Lightning Lass, Lightning Lad, and Phantom Girl.... Prime had enough and threw off three Kryptonian level beings (Mon-el, Andromeda, and Superman himself) and two Cosmic Boys.

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz22/truman801/Primethrowsoffthelegion.jpg

So while Superman took on Earthman using the powers of four legionaries and KOed him (not certain if he was using Superman's powers too, it's been awhile since I've read the arc), Prime took on all of that plus superman and two of his peers.

Well, yeah, he was holding them off for 50 years, but I mean Prime did kill 32 in a single sitting after running through a 300 mile thick wall of pure willpower sustained by all their collective wills including Hal and Guy's. I literally have no idea how many Gls (and sc) members that he took out during the SC arc. He seemed to be just tearing through them. Also, it should be noted that Sodam's ring warned him that Prime might kill him, even with his Guardian-Ion status. Say what you will about Sodam, but he isn't weak, especially after 1,000 years, a daxamite physiology, as many rings as he wants, and access to all of the remaining energy from the gl corps.

No. Really not kidding man. That Flash was behaving like he was on drugs haha. It certainly wasn't the mid-range Wally that I know.... he jobbed pretty hard, and un-intelligently at that. If you use a Flash that doesn't have lead in his boots and doesn't get beaten by evil kara but suffocating himself, then he'll definitely take wins from Supes. If you want to use low feats for the flash, then be my guest, but understand, that for every low feat, there are multiple ridiculously high ones. Also, XS didn't recieve the amp until Bart returned. They were both amped by Barry's return--enough so that XS was actually powerful enough to take on Prime with Bart instead of hanging by the sidelines.

Oh that feat, that is pretty damn uber, but like I said, Prime tanks galaxy busters, and get KOed by universe busters. The only other two times that he was legitimately KOed was during the LO3W arc when he and the TT were blasted simultaneously by the collective Legions from 3 universes.... and he passed out, woke up, and was ready for battle, and during the Teen Titans farce lol. The rest were while depowered.

Nah, he wasn't amped, he just pushed em' lol.

Nephthys
Prime is such a tool.

Galan007
I think he was thinking of a quick solution That wasn't a quick solution at all. It was a last ditch effort.

Regardless, Prime's thrown planets around the universe like ping pong balls. He's wrecked nearly every noteworthy hero on DC earth at less than full power. He's shit stomped the collective LoSH. He's casually swatted Superman away (heck, Supes himself outright stated he could not stop Prime w/o help.)

Listen, I'm not denying that Superman has extremely uber feats, but considering the above (and more) I don't really see how it can be argued whether or not Prime is >. Imo, he has always been portrayed as significantly more powerful.

carver9
Pretty much and using Flash as an indication that Supes can hang with Prime is foolish. Flash was blood lusted when he faced Prime...Supes or Supergirl never faced a Flash that was in a serious mode like that.

carver9
Bump

-Pr-
Top of the herald pile.

Reflassshh
Prime
Darksy-Doomsday
Supes
Ultraman-Bizarro-Despero
>>> The rest.

riv6672
Top of the herald pile.
As it should be.

Time Immemorial
Herald base, skyfather or higher injustice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.