JSA vs. X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Original Smurph
JSA

Mr. Terrific
Dr. Mid-Nite
Sand
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Damage
Stargirl
Wildcat
Cyclone
Citizen Steel

vs

X-men

Cyclops
Archangel
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Polaris
Sunfire
Wolverine
X-23

Survivor19
I will be unoriginal and say that Polaris soloes.

Blair Wind
JSA wins IMO.

The Pict
JSA fairly comfortably IMO

The Nuul
Wolverine solos...

Yeah, that's BS. JSA wins fairly comfortably.

jrodslam
Damn. X-Men barely edges it out here imo. Polaris tips the scales for them. JSA's ranged ppl cant mess with the X-Men's.

Peterlane
JSA wins easily i hate to say

-Pr-
JSA, but it's by no means easy, imo.

Prep-Man
Sand is the only key on the JSA, imo. he's pretty versatile.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Sand is the only key on the JSA, imo. he's pretty versatile.

Damage is pretty dangerous too, imo.

Original Smurph
X-Men don't really have an answer for Sand, I think.... maybe Polaris.

The Nuul
Couldnt Sunfire just heat Sand up?

Original Smurph
Possibly, but Sand can exist under pretty hot temperatures, and can just avoid the heat and stay underground.

tsscls
JSA squeezes it due to experience.

Survivor19
Originally posted by tsscls
JSA squeezes it due to experience.
Right, because Polaris, Cyclops, Wolverine, Archangel, Colossus, Nightcrawler are such a bunch of rookies...

Mindset
You forgot Sunfire

Survivor19
Nah, i omitted him on purpose.
He is not a team player, is he? Therefore he will be most possibly isolated and subdued quickly.

But if he still has Famine powers, X-Men win this rather easily,

Mindset
Originally posted by Survivor19

He is not a team player, is he?
You tell me.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Survivor19
But if he still has Famine powers, X-Men win this rather easily, He doesn't.

What did his Famine powers do, anyways?

jalek moye
Lol unless the xmen are bcharging at him Citizen Steel isn't gonna do anything in this fight unless someone gets knocks into him or something

xJLxKing
Originally posted by jalek moye
Lol unless the xmen are bcharging at him Citizen Steel isn't gonna do anything in this fight unless someone gets knocks into him or something And they aren't knocking him out either

Original Smurph
Originally posted by xJLxKing
And they aren't knocking him out either Polaris for the BFR

jalek moye
Originally posted by xJLxKing
And they aren't knocking him out either
I know but he wont be catching any of them, all though he will punch wolverine to another town or something.

tkitna
Hmm, I wonder if Wolverine can cut Citizen Steel?

xJLxKing
I know but he wont be catching any of them, all though he will punch wolverine to another town or something.
That's if he has his armor on. Without it, he'll be catching them easily.

-Pr-
Originally posted by tkitna
Hmm, I wonder if Wolverine can cut Citizen Steel?

the guy is like colossus on crack. i sincerely doubt it.

Mindset
Can Wolverine cut Colossus?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Can Wolverine cut Colossus?

not without a strength boost, no, imo.

KingD19
I would like to see Steel and Colossus go at it.

xJLxKing
Steel as in Citizen Steel? Wouldn't be a good match. It will all be about how long Wolverine will survive before his gets hit with a force stronger then Superman

tkitna
Originally posted by -Pr-

Not to get into the whole colossus/wolverine thing again as its been done a hundred times, but hasent Colossus stated on panel that Wolverine can cut him?

Juntai
Not to get into the whole colossus/wolverine thing again as its been done a hundred times, but hasent Colossus stated on panel that Wolverine can cut him? It's also been stated and I believe shown that he can't previously as well.
Similarly to Thing, in one comic it shows us he can't, in another, he can.

Goddess of Fury
Originally posted by Original Smurph
JSA

Mr. Terrific
Dr. Mid-Nite
Sand
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Damage
Stargirl
Wildcat
Cyclone
Citizen Steel

vs

X-men

Cyclops
Archangel
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Polaris
Sunfire
Wolverine
X-23
Knight Crawler can take out Anyone in the JSA team with a head teleport decapitation Cept like Sang and CS.

Polaris is going to embarrass The Citizen. that is a bad match up. Xmen Win. Easily. They just have too much skill and the wrong powers for this JSA team.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Goddess of Fury
Knight Crawler can take out Anyone in the JSA team with a head teleport decapitation Cept like Sang and CS.

Polaris is going to embarrass The Citizen. that is a bad match up. Xmen Win. Easily. They just have too much skill and the wrong powers for this JSA team. How are the X-Men going to put down Sand?

How would they work their way through Mr. Terrific's holograms and Damage's explosions?

Mindset
NC will teleport their heads off, duh!

Enyalus
How are the X-Men going to put down Sand?
Let Wolverine worry about what he does best.

-Pr-
Not to get into the whole colossus/wolverine thing again as its been done a hundred times, but hasent Colossus stated on panel that Wolverine can cut him?

i don't recall. i remember him saying he was afraid it could happen, but since it's never been tried, it could simply be pete being cautious...

jalek moye
i remember him scratching him I think, but not much more then that

Original Smurph
Meh. The claws would need to pierce the armor and then Cit Steel's skin. Could be possible, but I doubt it.

Goddess of Fury
How are the X-Men going to put down Sand?

How would they work their way through Mr. Terrific's holograms and Damage's explosions? One blast from Cyclops would scatter Sand so far apart that it would count as a Removal. Mr. Terrific is gutted by wolverine. And Cyclops has held back the power of Sienna blaze with storm, Dmg's blast won't be a problem.

Metalmanx
i don't recall. i remember him saying he was afraid it could happen, but since it's never been tried, it could simply be pete being cautious...

Exactly. Colossus, like a smart person, is still damn cautious of the adamantium claws. HOWEVER, it's been show on-panel more-than-once that Wolverine can't cut through Colossus. Not without a MAJOR strength boost, at least.

-Pr-
One blast from Cyclops would scatter Sand so far apart that it would count as a Removal. Mr. Terrific is gutted by wolverine. And Cyclops has held back the power of Sienna blaze with storm, Dmg's blast won't be a problem.

Damage's blast injured Liberty Belle. Cyclops doesn't have that kind of firepower. and his blasts simply aren't that encompassing.

darthgoober
Yeah but if Colossus can wrangle up a free second to lend a hand, I'm sure a "fast ball special" would do the trick. I'm not saying that X-Men JSA win mind you(because I know virtually nothing about most of the JSA lineup), but the two of them have used the tactic so frequently and with such success that it should pretty much be considered standard in forum fights.

jasofisc
X-Men don't really have an answer for Sand, I think.... maybe Polaris.

if polaris can manipulate ice (shatter it) because of trace metals in the water she can do the same to sand maybe. even if she can't in emperor vulcan she emitted a bolt of electromagntic energy to destroy a shiar captail ship that was several several sizes bigger then the star jammer. so that should be enough to make sand and any ground he might hide under into glass. Sand is awsome but marvel fero kinitics are godly when written right.

Prep-Man
sand can be anyplace on the planet, anytime. can polaris mess with that? sand can also lift something as heavy as the rock of eternity and land it right on polaris. sand is the answer, but he may not win it on his own.

jasofisc
sand can be anyplace on the planet, anytime. can polaris mess with that? sand can also lift something as heavy as the rock of eternity and land it right on polaris. sand is the answer, but he may not win it on his own.

what do you mean he can be any place on the planet at anytime name when that happened i've read pretty much every appearance of Sand and i don't remember that he can swim through sand stone not teleport. if it was the rock of eternity polaris would be strewed but just something the size of the rock then it's nothing polaris couldn't handle. Polaris' sheilds can withstand Sh ar captail ships full bombardment.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by jasofisc
what do you mean he can be any place on the planet at anytime name when that happened i've read pretty much every appearance of Sand and i don't remember that he can swim through sand stone not teleport. if it was the rock of eternity polaris would be strewed but just something the size of the rock then it's nothing polaris couldn't handle. Polaris' sheilds can withstand Sh ar captail ships full bombardment.

he did this recently. Gog storyline i believe. and it didn't take long for him to teleport.

jasofisc
he did this recently. Gog storyline i believe. and it didn't take long for him to teleport.

ok but can he do it before he's fired? I'll have to check that out. not to mention i don't think sand will run away from this fight. And if he does he has to come back some time and when he does he's glass. Sand is a beast and can beat every other x-man when he's not jobbering except for current polaris

gobstakid777
jsa stomps

jasofisc
if it wasn't for polaris i would say the JSA stops as well but she on their and with cyclopse as the leader he could use her too well.

vlaaad12345
Don't see a single person on the x-men team that can take Citizen Steel down.

jasofisc
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Don't see a single person on the x-men team that can take Citizen Steel down.

once again polaris with just a fleeting though battle field removes citizen steel to outer space he can't fly and no other JSA member can retrive him.

vlaaad12345
Steel takes his suit off before that happens and the puts his fist through everyone in this match.

jalek moye
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but if Colossus can wrangle up a free second to lend a hand, I'm sure a "fast ball special" would do the trick. I'm not saying that X-Men JSA win mind you(because I know virtually nothing about most of the JSA lineup), but the two of them have used the tactic so frequently and with such success that it should pretty much be considered standard in forum fights.
yea unless Steel punches the incoming wolverine in the face.

jasofisc
Steel takes his suit off before that happens and the puts his fist through everyone in this match.

isn't his skill metal too???? he's dead before he even gets to the playing feild much less fights anyone.

jasofisc
polaris takes control of citizen steel and punches him in the face with his own fists and says stop punching your self stop punching yourself.

vlaaad12345
Don't remember havn't read that in awhile,when has polaris automatically bfr'ed people anyways?and last I checked steel has plenty of teammates.

jalek moye
polaris takes control of citizen steel and punches him in the face with his own fists and says stop punching your self stop punching yourself.

and then Damage blows her up smile

and Steel ends up just slightly annoyed

jasofisc
Don't remember havn't read that in awhile,when has polaris automatically bfr'ed people anyways?

sooooo glad you asked she did it to north star back when she wanted to marry havock and he didn't want anything to do with her. Polaris was hurting annie the nurse pretty bad and he was pissed so she just BFR'ed him.

jasofisc

her sheilds can take what ever damage has. he momentarly hurt liberty bell who has questionable durability their was no permanent damage. and before he even has the change for that cyc blast him into unconsciousness before he has the chance. it doesn't matter though polaris' shields can take it.

jasofisc

i agree he will be annoyed when he's in space with no one to help him down besides the x-men.

-Pr-
Originally posted by darthgoober

oh, yeah, of course, that's always possible. still don't know if it would pierce steel though... he's taken a hell of a lot in terms of damage... anything's possible, though...

Goddess of Fury
JSA

Mr. Terrific
Dr. Mid-Nite
Sand
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Damage
Stargirl
Wildcat
Cyclone
Citizen Steel

vs

X-men

Cyclops
Archangel
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Polaris
Sunfire
Wolverine
X-23 Let's look at the JSA's disadvantages. They have no shields. Sun Fire could Kill Hawkman, Hawk Girl, Wild Cat, Dr. Midnight, and Mr. Terrifc All while Polaris shields her team. Cit Steel is turned into a one legged man again when Polaris pulls that metal off of him. SunFire or Colossus Turns sand into glass or scatters him so far apart that it takes him hours to pull it back together.

jrodslam
Not only would Polaris be able to use Steel as a weapon, she may also be able to disarm Stargirl. And like stated, JSA dont have any shields, UNLESS the T-Sphere's can do it. Damage, isnt going to risk doing any major aoe attacks unless its his last resort, and even then, a shield will null it.

The JSA team is gimped here. Midnight doesnt do much battle wise, and will be taken out by any of the X-Men melee fighters. Cyclone is good, but shes inexperienced and may not be that much of a threat, however one of the more threatening on the team considering Steel, Stargirl, Midnight and possibly Terrific would be almost useless. Imo, that is.

Prep-Man
like polaris, sand has the potential to take down most of the ground x-men. just by crumbling the ground underneath them.

does sandman still have his guns? he can put polaris to sleep.

Prep-Man
ok but can he do it before he's fired? I'll have to check that out. not to mention i don't think sand will run away from this fight. And if he does he has to come back some time and when he does he's glass. Sand is a beast and can beat every other x-man when he's not jobbering except for current polaris

before he's fired? what do you mean? sand has complete control over his body and can move freely into the earth.

jrodslam
Also, Sandman can fly, right? I believe so, and that may possibly help him to get off his sleeper shot, IF Polaris doesnt see him coming in. Again, IF.

jasofisc
before he's fired? what do you mean? sand has complete control over his body and can move freely into the earth.

sorry i meant fried not fired. and sand does have that ablity to move though sand as easy as water yes but he has been hit several times before he's gottent he chance.

jasofisc
Originally posted by jrodslam
Also, Sandman can fly, right? I believe so, and that may possibly help him to get off his sleeper shot, IF Polaris doesnt see him coming in. Again, IF.

i don't think so i think your thinking of terra. even if he can polaris bolts have a much much higher range then sands gas guns.

jasofisc
like polaris, sand has the potential to take down most of the ground x-men. just by crumbling the ground underneath them.

does sandman still have his guns? he can put polaris to sleep.
that wouldn't work on several of the x-men like night crawler and polairs and maybe not even cyclopse and colosus.

jasofisc
Not only would Polaris be able to use Steel as a weapon, she may also be able to disarm Stargirl. And like stated, JSA dont have any shields, UNLESS the T-Sphere's can do it. Damage, isnt going to risk doing any major aoe attacks unless its his last resort, and even then, a shield will null it.

The JSA team is gimped here. Midnight doesnt do much battle wise, and will be taken out by any of the X-Men melee fighters. Cyclone is good, but shes inexperienced and may not be that much of a threat, however one of the more threatening on the team considering Steel, Stargirl, Midnight and possibly Terrific would be almost useless. Imo, that is.

I totaly agree

Original Smurph
SunFire or Colossus Turns sand into glass or scatters him so far apart that it takes him hours to pull it back together. Colossus does what?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5994/punchreformtb1.th.jpg

If he reforms from Diana's punch instantly, he would do the same for Colossus, and Cyclops would probably take a second longer. If he needs to reform at all. He can exist as a sandstorm, so it's no big deal.

As for Sunfire, he'll have to hit Sand first. Sand recently travelled between New York and the Congo in a couple of seconds. He's agile and skilled enough to avoid anything short of an omni-directional blast, which Sunfire wouldn't use, and in which case Sand could simply disappear under the ground.

Sand can fly via becoming a sand storm, or levitating himself on one of his constructs, or something similar. He's done it before.

jrodslam
Sand can fly via becoming a sand storm, or levitating himself on one of his constructs, or something similar. He's done it before.

Thats what i mentioned in my last post.

Also, if sand is turned into glass, can he reform himself by using sand particles from elsewhere(like Iceman)?

Honestly, he, Cyclone and possibly Damage are the 3 that matter here most for JSA. However, even with that said, i think the X-Men take a majority.

Original Smurph
Also, if sand is turned into glass, can he reform himself by using sand particles from elsewhere(like Iceman)?
Dunno. My instinct is to say no, but it's entirely possible.

jasofisc
Colossus does what?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5994/punchreformtb1.th.jpg

If he reforms from Diana's punch instantly, he would do the same for Colossus, and Cyclops would probably take a second longer. If he needs to reform at all. He can exist as a sandstorm, so it's no big deal.

As for Sunfire, he'll have to hit Sand first. Sand recently travelled between New York and the Congo in a couple of seconds. He's agile and skilled enough to avoid anything short of an omni-directional blast, which Sunfire wouldn't use, and in which case Sand could simply disappear under the ground.

i think the idea is that he's turned to glass before the shattering. if collosus were to just punch him the same think that happed to the ultra huminite controled WW would happen. by the way i should mention that WW was being controled by UH and wasn't at the level she is normally at. in the same comic superman is beaten by power girl. (not saying thought that your point isn't vald.

just because sand can now teleport doesn't mean he can't be hit by normal means. that like saying night crawaler can't be hit unless the person fighting him uses an omni directinal blast. all they really need to do is predict were he's going to turn up next.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.