Green Lantern Ring vs Power Cosmic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gobstakid777
most powerful weapon in the universe vs most powerful force in the universe

occultdestroyer
GL ring? Most powerful weapon in the universe??
Hardly.

The IG is waaaayyyy more powerful than a GL ring.

As for the comparo, I pick the GL ring, since it could pretty much do anything you will it to do.

tsscls
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Hardly.

As for the comparo, I pick the GL ring, since it could pretty much do anything you will it to do.

GL ring is "supposedly" the most powerful weapon in the DCU, although some others come to mind.
I would say it depends on the wielder of either force.

Peterlane
Power Cosmic

Bouboumaster
It depends of the wielder.

Like, Surfer would most likely beat any top-tier GL, but would get crush by Larfleeze. On the other way, Larfleeze would be owned by Galactus, who would probably have a snack on Oa. And Parralax would kill Galactus, and then would be kill by the Living Tribunal, and so on.

It really depends of the power output of the dude.

Mindset
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
It depends of the wielder.

Like, Surfer would most likely beat any top-tier GL, but would get crush by Larfleeze. On the other way, Larfleeze would be owned by Galactus, who would probably have a snack on Oa. And Parralax would kill Galactus, and then would be kill by the Living Tribunal, and so on.

It really depends of the power output of the dude. The people you mentioned either don't have a GL ring, or use much more than just a GL ring.

D_Dude1210
Larfreeze isn't even a GREEN Lantern

Eternal Idol
I'd choose the Power Cosmic.

Mindset
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Larfreeze isn't even a GREEN Lantern My point exactly.

Master Court
The Power Cosmic easily trumps the rings.

Lord Feron
POwer Cosmic... I mean crap a ring can break, lost... um... run out of juice.. but the power cosmic (on surfer's scale) is pretty much all you need.

They can essentially do the same thing except PC does not have limitations that the ring has.

Naija boy
Power cosmic

Tazer
Yo.

Hardly.

ummm......I didnt know the IG was a weapon; I thought it was classified as an "artifact"?

wink

Tazer

Enyalus
Pre-Crisis Power Cosmic FTW. eek!

xJLxKing
The Green Lantern ring has the potential to be stronger. Without any limit, it is basically a Miracle Machine.

Enyalus
The Power Cosmic could recreate the Miracle Machine from scratch. stick out tongue

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
The Power Cosmic could recreate the Miracle Machine from scratch. stick out tongue
so can a Green Lantern's ring with enough knowledge of course

jalek moye
At it's greatest power cosmic, Surfer is less then some people useing green lantern ring energy. But Galactus isn't

starlock
Power Cosmic for the win

Digi
Originally posted by gobstakid777
most powerful weapon in the universe vs most powerful force in the universe

Wielded by who? In what context? Both are, presumably, potentially infinite and capable of nearly anything. So stalemate until there's more structure to the battle.

id369
If this was Kyle ring (the last lantern ring, with no limiations). I would say, it can replicate anything accomplished by a Herald's Power Cosmic.

The Edge each have is.
Power of Cosmic, excution on said feat seems to relay soley on awarness and dicipline. While, the GL ring requies, that plus the added concentration, and will power.

While the green lanterns, could use the oan energy to simply manipulate matter and energy. The constructs come in handy. Imagine someone like Doom or Reed well versed in the manipulation of Oan energy? essentially they can recreate any device they have come up with.

starlock
Originally posted by Digi
Wielded by who? In what context? Both are, presumably, potentially infinite and capable of nearly anything. So stalemate until there's more structure to the battle.

i might have agreed with you but since Rebirth...i have doubts about GL rings,Gl rings have limits to thier charge, they can be overidden by the a.i within them...i would think the power cosmic has a large margin of victory here.

Even if we were to see a actual stalemate from 2 contestants...the GL will run out of juice....and i have been iffy about the rings since John Stewart was told something akin to"Willpower exceeding rings limitations"..

janus77
PC anyday.
simply streets ahead of what a GL ring does.
more raw power, no limitations, ability to channel the infinite energies of the universe as well as to consume that energy... hell Surfer consumed Oa!

nothing a GL ring can do that Surfer couldn't do faster, with more oomph and for a longer duration (constructions breakdown, eventually... whilst the PC is everlasting in its results - such as binding Lunatik to a planet or evolving a planet and ALL its life, billions of years in a moment).

xJLxKing
Originally posted by id369
If this was Kyle ring (the last lantern ring, with no limiations). I would say, it can replicate anything accomplished by a Herald's Power Cosmic.

The Edge each have is.
Power of Cosmic, excution on said feat seems to relay soley on awarness and dicipline. While, the GL ring requies, that plus the added concentration, and will power.

While the green lanterns, could use the oan energy to simply manipulate matter and energy. The constructs come in handy. Imagine someone like Doom or Reed well versed in the manipulation of Oan energy? essentially they can recreate any device they have come up with.
thumb up

Tazer
Yo.

GL werent limited to constructs that disspiatated w/in 24hrs, theyre just a means to an end.

theres been numerous times GLs have made something that was permanent, such as when John created a cure for the ppl of the planet (IIRC) Xanshi........even tho they went kablooie not much later.

wink

Tazer

The Nuul
PC

D_Dude1210
Hm. Isn't most lantern rings limited in their charge? While PC wielders are self sustaining as it consumes matter/energy to replenish themselves?

No silly chant in front of a stupid lantern here to recharge.

KuRuPT Thanosi
PC - Simply because I could abbreviate it.

Hyperion Prime
The Power Cosmic!!!

Master Court
The way I see it, you have to "use" a Lantern Ring.

You don't "use" the Power Cosmic. When you have it, you don't lose it, it doesn't run out, and you can achieve things in the same manner and with the same ease that you blink your eyes. Surfer doesn't have to "use" his power, he just does it.

The ring, though. They have to point it everywhere, concentrate, make sure they don't run out of gas, they have to know everything about it and wield it and all that crap.

The ring is indeed a weapon. A utility. The Power Cosmic is an actual power and essence that is as readily and easily used as intelligence and desire. Power Cosmic wins.

Doctor-Alvis
What if Hal Jordon had the Power Cosmic? What if Norrin Rad had a Green Lantern ring?

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

ummm......I didnt know the IG was a weapon; I thought it was classified as an "artifact"?

wink

Tazer
'Artifacts' used as weapons are still considered weapons.

Just like the Worlogog. It's an artifact, but you can use it as a weapon.
And it's obviously stronger than a GL ring.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
What if Hal Jordon had the Power Cosmic? What if Norrin Rad had a Green Lantern ring?
Hal Jordan with the Power Cosmic = Galactus-level.

big grin

Tazer
Yo.

'Artifacts' used as weapons are still considered weapons.

Just like the Worlogog. It's an artifact, but you can use it as a weapon.
And it's obviously stronger than a GL ring.

nnnnnnnnnot really, cuz that would mean the Holy Grail becomes a weapon if thrown at somebody.

and anyways, I dont believe the *intent* of the I-Gems were to be used as a weapon, same as with the Worlogog, so that safely keeps both out of that category even tho they *could* be used in an offensive manner.

Tazer

xJLxKing
Anything can be used as a weapon!

Tazer
Yo.

that doesnt mean everything can be *classified as* weapon........

Tazer

Lord Feron
Um we are getting a bit off topic but technical. If the original purpose of the object is not suppoase to be used as a weapon, it's classified not as a weapon and vice versa. All depends on the original purpose of the item. Just look at packaging of stuff we buy...

Juntai
Originally posted by Enyalus
Hal Jordan with the Power Cosmic = Galactus-level.

big grin thumb up

id369
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Hm. Isn't most lantern rings limited in their charge? While PC wielders are self sustaining as it consumes matter/energy to replenish themselves?

No silly chant in front of a stupid lantern here to recharge.

Its a bad comparison. It should have bin Oan Energy vs Power of Cosmic. If you dont want to squable over charge time. Then it should be Green Lantern's Ion Force vs Herald's Power Cosmic.

This way both power sets are internalized, neither suffer 24 charge. Hell I would even say, that Heralds would run out of juice before the Ion Force does.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by id369
Its a bad comparison. It should have bin Oan Energy vs Power of Cosmic. If you dont want to squable over charge time. Then it should be Green Lantern's Ion Force vs Herald's Power Cosmic.

This way both power sets are internalized, neither suffer 24 charge. Hell I would even say, that Heralds would run out of juice before the Ion Force does.
I will take your advice.
It is now Oan Energy vs Power Cosmic
whatchu say about this

xJLxKing
Oan Energy. They can create anything!

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Oan Energy. They can create anything!
Sure. Except other emotional spectrum energies. And Darkland energies.

id369
Originally posted by gobstakid777
I will take your advice.
It is now Oan Energy vs Power Cosmic
whatchu say about this
Then its fairly dead even.

Prep-Man
about the same.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.