The Lovely Bones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
See the exclusive trailer.

From the 2002 novel by Alice Sebold:

In 1973, Susie Salmon (Ronan) is raped and murdered by a neighbor, George Harvey, a serial killer of young girls and women. She finds herself in Heaven, observing her family as they grieve for her. She also watches her killer who, having covered his tracks successfully, is preparing to murder again. Susie struggles to balance her desire for vengeance on Harvey and her desire to have her family recover from their loss.

Starring:

Saoirse Ronan, Rachel Weisz, Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Susan Sarandon, Rose McIver, Michael Imperioli, Reece Ritchie, Charlie Saxton, Carolyn Dando, and Amanda Michalka.

Directed by Peter Jackson.

While I have never read the novel, I have heard very good things about it. I'm genuinely interested in this.

Sgt.Shakedown
The book is absolutely brilliant. i highly recommend it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Sgt.Shakedown
The book is absolutely brilliant. i highly recommend it.

i read the novel a while back and yeah it is good..

i may see this film

celestialdemon
Sounds good. The brilliant Stanley Tucci is playing George Harvey. That should be interesting to see.

SnakeEyes
Visually, this looks pretty great.

As far as the story goes, I guess I'll pick up the book and see if I like it. I would've preferred something more badass from Jackson though.

siriuswriter
This book is very, very good.
i'm not as excited about a movie, though. it could be pulled off, it's just that the themes the book touches on have to be converted perfectly.
yes, a girl is raped and killed at the beginning. but the filmmakers are going to have to make sure that the focus is on the perceptions of Susie looking down on her murderer and her family.

The Nuul
ikUWKi0W5_g

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380510/

This movie sucks.

Box office.....lol

Budget $100 million
Gross revenue $226,402

Shocking because of this is a Peter jackson film and there is some good casting in this.

The Nuul
What can I say the search sucks....

Thanks for the merged.

Darth Vicious
They left a whole bunch of stuff out from the book. Not a bad movie but not great either. Not what I expected from Jackson.

The Nuul
I didnt read the book.....Peter dropped the ball big time. I would have liked it a lot better without that fantasy stuff.

roughrider
Originally posted by The Nuul
I didnt read the book.....Peter dropped the ball big time. I would have liked it a lot better without that fantasy stuff.

Than's what I've been hearing for some time - that it's a miss. This was supposed to have been released last winter. I think Jackson & company have been trying to savalge it for a year now. They, and the studio seem reluctant, even embarrased, to release it.

Robtard
Was alright, started to falter towards the end.

movieshe
I don't know the book yet.

Syren
Well, I loved it. It really touched me, as did the book when I read it. I don't know that the movie was completely faithful to the book or whether it did complete justice to it because it's been a few years since I read the book, but I was moved to tears several times and felt like my heart was breaking. Saoirse Ronan is absolutely phenomenal in the role of Susie Salmon.

kevinash
The film remains a mystery -- not a mystery as in who committed the crime, but a mystery in its intended theme and why that theme didn't unite the film at all.

chiaki
I read the book a few years back as well and loved it. I was excited that they made it into a movie, and that Mark Walhburg -one of my favorite actors- was playing Jack.

I havent gotten around to seeing the movie yet though. I've gotten many mixed reviews.

jinXed by JaNx
I think Peter Jackson should Direct Stephen Kings Dark Tower series.

Tired-Hiker
Just watched The Lovely Bones, I enjoyed it. Thought the end didn't have the closure I was hoping for. However, still a very good movie.

-Pr-
Watched it. Was ok. Stanley Tucci was awesome. Not much else i can say about t, bar the fact that the whole "pastel coloured quirky heaven" thing has been done before, and been done MUCH better imo.

The Nuul
I agreed that Stanley Tucci is great! the movie was alright but that damn fantasy part, it could have been much better without it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
Just watched The Lovely Bones, I enjoyed it. Thought the end didn't have the closure I was hoping for. However, still a very good movie. Righto.

Ms.Marvel
i read the first fourty or so pages of the book today at the behest of a family member. its... really really good. no expression

That ACDC Chick
i want to read the book, but i keep on forgetting to look for it at the library
i think Charm City Cakes made a cake for the author on an episode of Ace of Cakes and have been wanting to read it since then

super pr*xy
the movie left out some things from the book.. i hate that..

Vinity
This film is so good in so many ways. It had me close to tears all the way through. The acting of each character is superb especially Saorise Ronan as Susie Salmon.

K.Diddy
beer
The movie was decent,Nothing special,found they skipped out of the story too the ''other world'' scenes too much,which got a bit frustrating to me

residentevil3D
haven't seen this yet

K.Diddy
Originally posted by residentevil3D
haven't seen this yet

erm Dude,You are bumping up all these threads with pointless posts,If you are gonna come in here and comment on every thread,at least give more detail in your posts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.