Magneto vs Dr Light

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Konton
No blood ripping for Mags.

Peterlane
Mags rapes. He cant control anything Light sends at him.

GamorasBigDaddy
Originally posted by Peterlane
Mags rapes. He cant control anything Light sends at him.

I don't know about that.

also Light can get past mag's shields. wink

Lord Feron
Magneto

xJLxKing
Light, the rapist

thanos-prime
Magneto.

Kris Blaze
Magneto seems to be able to command power are a greater scale. While Light has more power in his attacks and is capable of dropping characters on herald level, I cannot imagine him doing something to Earth, like Magneto has and can.

Regardless, Magneto takes it 6/10

Juntai
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Magneto seems to be able to command power are a greater scale. While Light has more power in his attacks and is capable of dropping characters on herald level, I cannot imagine him doing something to Earth, like Magneto has and can.

Regardless, Magneto takes it 6/10

Goddess of Fury
I don't think Magneto can drop Superman with one blast. There for, I give this fight to Dr. Light.

Enyalus
Magnus FTW.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Goddess of Fury
I don't think Magneto can drop Superman with one blast. There for, I give this fight to Dr. Light. actually he could if he used his powers right and there is nothing light can throw at him the mags cant control

Goddess of Fury
Originally posted by thanos-prime
actually he could if he used his powers right and there is nothing light can throw at him the mags cant control
No He couldn't. He isn't even fast enough to react to Superman to put him down with one blast. and he can't put superman down in one blast no matter how you spin it.

thanos-prime
No He couldn't. He isn't even fast enough to react to Superman to put him down with one blast. and he can't put superman down in one blast no matter how you spin it. he doesn't have to use a blast and he doesn't have to be fast enough his shields will hold and he could build up blood inside clarks head till it explodes

Peterlane
Light knocked Supes down when he wasn't looking. He blindsided Supes, Batman can do that.

thanos-prime
and im not sure but mags could possibly exploit light better than dr.lite

Prep-Man
Mags wins.

Survivor19
Magneto

chomperx9
silver surfer wins

-Pr-
Light knocking down Superman, like most of that arc, is shite.

Magneto ftw.

Goddess of Fury
Originally posted by -Pr-

Magneto ftw. So you are saying the arc didn't happen?

Enyalus
So you are saying the arc didn't happen?
He doesn't like McDuffie. stick out tongue

The Nuul
I don't think Magneto can drop Superman with one blast. There for, I give this fight to Dr. Light.

Different power set.

Supes loves sunlight, Dr Light controls light and Mags controls magnetism.

But still a shit story.

Peterlane
A>B>C is false
Just because Lights powerset allows him to beat Superman doesn't mean he can even hurt magneto. Mags wins in an unholy stomp

Philosophía
Magneto has one-shotted Hulk & Classic Dr Strange in a blast.

uhuh

gobstakid777
magneto controls electromagnetism,which includes light.the doc gets an unwanted rectal exam

Peterlane
Originally posted by gobstakid777
magneto controls electromagnetism,which includes light.the doc gets an unwanted rectal exam

Goddess of Fury
magneto controls electromagnetism,which includes light.the doc gets an unwanted rectal exam Light Moves, and reacts faster than magneto can think.

gobstakid777
Light Moves, and reacts faster than magneto can think.

what could light do that mags can't block,control,or redirect

Goddess of Fury
what could light do that mags can't block,control,or redirect you mean before Magneto can think?

Peterlane
Mags has reacted to things Light could only dream to dish out.

gobstakid777
you mean before Magneto can think?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/16508/711162-627412_picard_no_facepalm_1__super_super.jpg

Avlon
Originally posted by -Pr-

Magneto ftw.

That's the arc were Vixen had most of Clarks power and he was previously exposed to kryptonite. No biggie.

thanos-prime
Light Moves, and reacts faster than magneto can think. it doesn't matter how much faster he is if he can't bypass his shields which have taken blasts from galactus soon as he attacks he is dead.

Goddess of Fury
it doesn't matter how much faster he is if he can't bypass his shields which have taken blasts from galactus soon as he attacks he is dead. So that means Thor or Silver surfer can't beat magneto either because they aren't as powerful as galactus either. Um, that just doesn't work for me.

thanos-prime
So that means Thor or Silver surfer can't beat magneto either because they aren't as powerful as galactus either. Um, that just doesn't work for me. so dr.lite can beat thor and ss? and thats not what i said i said his shields held off a blast

-Pr-
So you are saying the arc didn't happen?

no, just that it was a PIS laden pile of shit.

Originally posted by Avlon
That's the arc were Vixen had most of Clarks power and he was previously exposed to kryptonite. No biggie.

still doesnt excuse the shittyness of the arc. stick out tongue

id369
I favor Dr. Light to win. Feat wise, his showings are not as big or impressive as Magneto. But he handles himself, extremely well in confrontations against High Tier characters.

The Nuul
Mags.

Peterlane
Originally posted by id369
I favor Dr. Light to win. Feat wise, his showings are not as big or impressive as Magneto. But he handles himself, extremely well in confrontations against High Tier characters.

And Mags who soloes whole teams of Avengers and X-men doesnt?

thanos-prime
I favor Dr. Light to win. Feat wise, his showings are not as big or impressive as Magneto. But he handles himself, extremely well in confrontations against High Tier characters. mags fights multiple high-tier characters at the same time dr.light is nothing to him

id369
And Mags who soloes whole teams of Avengers and X-men doesnt?

Has Magneto one shoted Top Tiers such Thor or Quasar? Because Dr. Light has, plus he benefits from superior speed to carry his attack.

Lord Feron
Has Magneto one shoted Top Tiers such Thor or Quasar? Because Dr. Light has, plus he benefits from superior speed to carry his attack.

his level of speed is no where near enough to make up the gap between him and Mags. Also his level of speed is not anything MAgs can't handle. And lastly MAg's always has his sheilds up (p.s. per KMC rules he does start with them), so yeah this whole speed arguement is moot.

I mean it's not like DL moves around at light speed regularly. Hell, Flash doesn't even operate like that most of the time.

id369

-Pr-

Lord Feron

id369

-Pr-

Lord Feron
Well I mean I guess that could be a double edged sword. If he turns into light, he would be literally as fast as light but then that would make him very vernable to manipulation by Mags.

Kris Blaze
Light can turn into light naturally.

How do you think he got onto the watchtower to rapizzle sue dibny? That was part of the point, that their security system could not prevent simple light from entering.

-Pr-
Light can turn into light naturally.

How do you think he got onto the watchtower to rapizzle sue dibny? That was part of the point, that their security system could not prevent simple light from entering.

nobody is denying that.

thanos-prime
magneto has complete control of the em if he wanted he could simply take away Dr . lights powers

Kris Blaze
magneto has complete control of the em if he wanted he could simply take away Dr . lights powers

No.

How the hell can Magneto even come close to removing scientifically acquired powers?

thanos-prime
No.

How the hell can Magneto even come close to removing scientifically acquired powers? It is still light which is part of the em which mags can control

Kris Blaze
It is still light which is part of the em which mags can control

And so can Light.

So there is absolutely no grounds for claiming that Magneto can take away Light's powers. Light's control was great enough to override Ares' enchantment on Wonder Girl's lasso. Get outta here with that ignorance.

thanos-prime
And so can Light.

So there is absolutely no grounds for claiming that Magneto can take away Light's powers. Light's control was great enough to override Ares' enchantment on Wonder Girl's lasso. Get outta here with that ignorance. magneto is far more experienced there is no reason he can't

Kris Blaze
magneto is far more experienced there is no reason he can't

Can you read?

I just said that Light's control was so great that he could take control over Magical lightning, embroided in Wonder Girl's lasso by ARES.

thanos-prime
Can you read?

I just said that Light's control was so great that he could take control over Magical lightning, embroided in Wonder Girl's lasso by ARES. and when he has show power over the entire em then talk to me until then shut your mouth

Kris Blaze
and when he has show power over the entire em then talk to me until then shut your mouth

Evidently, Light can control pretty much anything that radiates any kind of light.

thanos-prime
Evidently, Light can control pretty much anything that radiates any kind of light. and so can magneto anyway ill let you think light has more control doesn't matter cause there are tons of other ways he can beat him

Doctor-Alvis
magneto is far more experienced there is no reason he can't
I think it's beyond the scope of Magneto's powers to use them to undo the process that gave Dr. Light his powers.

It would be like... if it was the other way around, Dr. Light would have to nullify a genetic mutation in order to take away Magneto's powers, not simply have greater control.

Kris Blaze
and so can magneto anyway ill let you think light has more control doesn't matter cause there are tons of other ways he can beat him

Evidently Magneto's control is very limited. He was unable to do anything to Mjolnir and helpless to resist when Thor absorbs his shield.

Light has already displayed greater control than anything Magneto has ever done, by controlling Wonder Girl's lasso.

thanos-prime
actually magneto has affected mjolnir yes but this isn't thor

Kris Blaze
actually magneto has affected mjolnir yes but this isn't thor

Magneto was not able to do anything. He was able to stop a hammer throw, and like I said, completely different. That's shielding himself from a physical blow, not resisting absorption or controlling the actual hammer or the magic in it. COMPLETELY different from the events that transpired in Light vs Titans. And Light being Thor has nothing to do with this. The fact that you need to state that, only shows that you have a limited understanding of what we're trying to discuss here.

Light's control is so great that he was able to wrest control of the magical lightning inside the lasso created by Ares. Magneto has not done anything on this level, so naturally it's ridiculous to assume that he would be able to claim sovereignty over Arthur's light.

thanos-prime
he was able to control the hammer and throw thor with it. limited how my point was that you stating that thor absorbed his shield which light cant do

jltruth
n/a

Kris Blaze
Good luck proving HALF of those claims "truth"

he was able to control the hammer and throw thor with it. limited how my point was that you stating that thor absorbed his shield which light cant do

Thor absorbed Magneto's shields. His control was clearly greater....

thanos-prime
i could prove it i just dont know how to post scans thors is greater but light has no control over mags ahields

Peterlane
Magneto rapes, he always affects Thors hammer. ALWAYS.

carver9
Magneto 8/10

Peterlane
Originally posted by carver9
Magneto 8/10

This. Lights 2 wins come from a depowered Magneto or Magneto with the suit that replicates his powers.

carver9
This. Lights 2 wins come from a depowered Magneto or Magneto with the suit that replicates his powers.

I would have said 10/10 but I like doctor light.

Magneto could easily get 1000 sharpnel while his forcefield is up and sling them around doctor light until he's chopped into a million pieces.

This is a terrible fight.

I hate when people put magneto against people when they know little of his powers.

Konton
I would have said 10/10 but I like doctor light.

Magneto could easily get 1000 sharpnel while his forcefield is up and sling them around doctor light until he's chopped into a million pieces.

This is a terrible fight.

I hate when people put magneto against people when they know little of his powers.

Light has shields too you know.

carver9
Originally posted by Konton
Light has shields too you know.

I know light has shield but the only performance I seen from his shield was to stop energy attacks.

I wonder how light shields would handle a refrigerator coming at him at light speed or a nuke coming out of no where during battle falling on top of his head.

thanos-prime
lights shields are made of light so mags can control them

Peterlane

GG Light. I wonder if he would have a chance against Polaris though?
Mag's daughter Polaris

Konton

The whole basis of your entire argument is that Mags has greater control of light than Dr Light. I disagree.

thanos-prime
The whole basis of your entire argument is that Mags has greater control of light than Dr Light. I disagree. actually its not there are many different ways he can beat him this is just the easiest

Konton
actually its not there are many different ways he can beat him this is just the easiest

That doesn't make sense.
How would manipulating the one force you would have to fight to control be easier than using something the oponant couldn't control?

Like... magnetism.

eek!

thanos-prime
That doesn't make sense.
How would manipulating the one force you would have to fight to control be easier than using something the oponant couldn't control?

Like... magnetism.

eek! ok how bout he shuts off his brain or gives him a brain spasm or shove him into a wormhole or rip there body apart using the iron in there blood or magnify gravity 500times around him crushing him that good enough or do i need to go on?

Blanket
I know light has shield but the only performance I seen from his shield was to stop energy attacks.

I wonder how light shields would handle a refrigerator coming at him at light speed or a nuke coming out of no where during battle falling on top of his head. laughing

batdude123

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/8792/defenders01508nb1.jpg

Evidently Magneto's control is very limited. He was unable to do anything to Mjolnir and helpless to resist when Thor absorbs his shield.

"Unable to do anything to Mjolnir"? I don't follow.

Effortlessly tosses away Mjolnir while Thor is still holding it:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/MightilyOats/Magneto87.jpg

Food for thought: Would that not be demonstrating Magneto being able to wrestle control over Mjolnir from Thor, considering Thor had it firmly in his grasp? Hmmm...

Seriously, I'd really like to know your definition of Magneto being "unable to do anything to Mjolnir," because it certainly isn't the same as my definition.

Light has already displayed greater control than anything Magneto has ever done, by controlling Wonder Girl's lasso.

Ehh... apples to oranges depending on what you're looking for.

I mean, Magneto hasn't really ever been put up against too many godlike things, but when he's been up against Thor, he was able to manipulate Mjolnir without too much trouble. He's also drained the Phoenix of her energies. I suppose shielding himself and Xavier from Galactus' energy feedback means... something, too.

Anyway, if you're looking at power scope and output, Light doesn't compare to Mags.

For example, I've never seen Dr. Light able to do something such as manipulating the magnetosphere in order to inhibit any long range telepathy. I've never seen Dr. Light able to pull entire volcanoes right up out of the ground. I've never seen Dr. Light able to disable every electronic device on the planet. I've never seen Dr. Light... you get the point.

Clear feats of power output that are >>> Light's.

Mags has also easily manipulated matter on a subatomic level, if you want to get into fine-tune manipulation.

Magneto was not able to do anything. He was able to stop a hammer throw, and like I said, completely different. That's shielding himself from a physical blow, not resisting absorption or controlling the actual hammer or the magic in it. COMPLETELY different from the events that transpired in Light vs Titans. And Light being Thor has nothing to do with this. The fact that you need to state that, only shows that you have a limited understanding of what we're trying to discuss here.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw the scans out there so we know exactly what you're referring too.

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/338/journeyintomystery10914gn5.jpg
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/149/journeyintomystery10915jb2.jpg

Basically, Magneto was caught blindsided and wasn't really able to retaliate/defend himself. Thor rushed in to attack when Magneto was at a disadvantaged position. Context is key.

Also, that was Magneto from the early 60's. Unlike Thor (at least his classic version), Magneto didn't have his most impressive feats in that era. Not even close.

It was the same Magneto that had his shields broken by Cyclops' blast. Lawlz.

It was the same Magneto that basically only had the power to control metal and make shields. K. Remember, he didn't even know he could access the EM spectrum until later in his history.

I'm not here to discuss Thor vs. Magneto, but if people use that instance as to why Thor is superior or why he'd win, it's faulty logic. And that's not me saying Magneto would beat Thor, either.

Light's control is so great that he was able to wrest control of the magical lightning inside the lasso created by Ares. Magneto has not done anything on this level, so naturally it's ridiculous to assume that he would be able to claim sovereignty over Arthur's light.

I'm not sure if you're suggesting Dr. Light wins this fight, and if you aren't, I'll apologize in advanced.

But if you are, and you're basing it off of that one feat only of Light's, that's completely asinine.

psycho gundam
wow batdude, you just injected some awesome into this thread.

Bentley
Bump by sheer awesomeness.

BlackZero30x
mags wins easy! his shields can block even photons....Dr.Light wont get through

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Dr.Light wont get through

That's what Sue Dibny thought, too...

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

eek!

Konton
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Oh you didn't!
laughing

Jynocidus
^ lmao, I think Magneto wins though

carver9
Originally posted by batdude123
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/8792/defenders01508nb1.jpg

"Unable to do anything to Mjolnir"? I don't follow.

Effortlessly tosses away Mjolnir while Thor is still holding it:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/MightilyOats/Magneto87.jpg

Food for thought: Would that not be demonstrating Magneto being able to wrestle control over Mjolnir from Thor, considering Thor had it firmly in his grasp? Hmmm...

Seriously, I'd really like to know your definition of Magneto being "unable to do anything to Mjolnir," because it certainly isn't the same as my definition.

Ehh... apples to oranges depending on what you're looking for.

I mean, Magneto hasn't really ever been put up against too many godlike things, but when he's been up against Thor, he was able to manipulate Mjolnir without too much trouble. He's also drained the Phoenix of her energies. I suppose shielding himself and Xavier from Galactus' energy feedback means... something, too.

Anyway, if you're looking at power scope and output, Light doesn't compare to Mags.

For example, I've never seen Dr. Light able to do something such as manipulating the magnetosphere in order to inhibit any long range telepathy. I've never seen Dr. Light able to pull entire volcanoes right up out of the ground. I've never seen Dr. Light able to disable every electronic device on the planet. I've never seen Dr. Light... you get the point.

Clear feats of power output that are >>> Light's.

Mags has also easily manipulated matter on a subatomic level, if you want to get into fine-tune manipulation.

I'm gonna go ahead and throw the scans out there so we know exactly what you're referring too.

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/338/journeyintomystery10914gn5.jpg
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/149/journeyintomystery10915jb2.jpg

Basically, Magneto was caught blindsided and wasn't really able to retaliate/defend himself. Thor rushed in to attack when Magneto was at a disadvantaged position. Context is key.

Also, that was Magneto from the early 60's. Unlike Thor (at least his classic version), Magneto didn't have his most impressive feats in that era. Not even close.

It was the same Magneto that had his shields broken by Cyclops' blast. Lawlz.

It was the same Magneto that basically only had the power to control metal and make shields. K. Remember, he didn't even know he could access the EM spectrum until later in his history.

I'm not here to discuss Thor vs. Magneto, but if people use that instance as to why Thor is superior or why he'd win, it's faulty logic. And that's not me saying Magneto would beat Thor, either.

I'm not sure if you're suggesting Dr. Light wins this fight, and if you aren't, I'll apologize in advanced.

But if you are, and you're basing it off of that one feat only of Light's, that's completely asinine.

Good job batdude. This was a good post.

Warlord
magneto

I shall join the crowd and say that magneto would crush that *******

Rage.Of.Olympus
Magneto is one of the few characters that Doctor Light would want to stay the hell away from. His raw power and energy manipulation are a potent combo. More so since his shown the ability to bend light. control photons or something similar against Dazzler as I recall.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Magneto is one of the few characters that Doctor Light would want to stay the hell away from. His raw power and energy manipulation are a potent combo. More so since his shown the ability to bend light. control photons or something similar against Dazzler as I recall.

Yes bent her power to his will down to the photons making up the blast and she was being amped by a massive roar from the crowd. Magneto even comments on how she was taking her power to the next level.

Prep-Man
Magneto.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
Yes bent her power to his will down to the photons making up the blast and she was being amped by a massive roar from the crowd. Magneto even comments on how she was taking her power to the next level.

thumb up

Been a while since I read it.

Mshinu
Max wins this. Oh and he doesn`t like doctors (Mengele, Moira etc) so it is going to be nasty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.