Jin Kazama VS Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
Some people in this board believe that Jim Kazama is teh strongest protagonist right now.

How does he fare against the demigod Kratos and his Blades of Olympus?

Bro SMASH
Err...they were referring to fighting game protagonists.

The Guilty Gear
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Err...they were referring to fighting game protagonists.

I certainly hope so. Jin is a worm in comparison to Kratos.

The strongest fighting game protagonist at the moment, that I am aware of, is Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear. Guy's opening feat in the games is soloing a country-buster while almost all of his power's sealed away, and he's only gotten stronger with each new game.

Sappho
there is no way in hell jin is winning this. not even a little bit. kratos, 10/10.

Sado22
spite. in mean, damn, jin did beat Ogre, something 50x bigger than him but Kratos shitstomps things 50x bigger than him and pwns things 100x bigger than him......heck, the entire god of war series seems to be a list of kratos's feat big grin

no comparison.

the only chance jin has of surving this is to go devil. telekenesis and flight will prove advantageous but then there's also Krato's durability and reaction time, altho i still don't know what he's going to do against being choked telekenetically.

regardless, regular Jin will be torn to shreds which is what i think this thread's about.

I am who I am
If Ryu or Akuma can't beat Kratos, there is no way in hell that Jin stands a chance, that's just me, tho.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Sado22

the only chance jin has of surving this is to go devil. telekenesis and flight will prove advantageous but then there's also Krato's durability and reaction time, altho i still don't know what he's going to do against being choked telekenetically.

Sado22 has a good point here. Jin's telekinetic ability needs to be fleshed out more, but it might prove useful against Kratos. I'm not a God of War fan, so I'll need some input here. What defense does Kratos have against telekinesis?

I'm not arguing, I'm actually asking you guys. I'm not certain of the full scope of Kratos's abilities.

Sado22
damn straight! i always have good points! Happy Dance

StyleTime
I can't believe no Kratos fans have answered yet.

.....Jin mauls Kratos. shifty

Wei Phoenix
Well the Blade of Olympus was able to end the war between the Gods and the Titans in one blow. That's enough for him to win. His superior speed and reaction timing should also give him the victory over Jin. I doubt Jin has TK'd something the size of a skyscraper which is a size Kratos can exceed.

Sado22
there's only one man Kratos can't defeat: Kenshiro Happy Dance

First_Tsurugi06
I thought you said that was Guts, Sado.

Sado22
well, imo guts and kratos is still 50-50. Kratos is way stronger but Guts has more damage soak and skills. not to mention a hidden canon.

Sappho
Originally posted by StyleTime
Sado22 has a good point here. Jin's telekinetic ability needs to be fleshed out more, but it might prove useful against Kratos. I'm not a God of War fan, so I'll need some input here. What defense does Kratos have against telekinesis?

I'm not arguing, I'm actually asking you guys. I'm not certain of the full scope of Kratos's abilities.

Well, kratos has the blade of olympus, a wind bow (for long range), medium range electricity, and has beyond super human strength. So unless the target doing the telekinesis is super fast and can hold kratos back from using typhons bow.. then they eventually die.

Sado22
are we using the blade of olympus? i thought it was standard equipment confused

Wei Phoenix
are we using the blade of olympus? i thought it was standard equipment confused Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Some people in this board believe that Jim Kazama is teh strongest protagonist right now.

How does he fare against the demigod Kratos and his Blades of Olympus?

Sado22
well, he said "blades" so i assumed he was talking about the blades of chaos/athena.

Wei Phoenix
there's only one man Kratos can't defeat: Kenshiro Happy Dance

Who in the hell is Kenshiro? shifty

Sado22
*presses the right pressure point so you can remember*
Happy Dance

Wei Phoenix
lol, I just watched the Kenshiro Den finally.

Staying on topic, how good is Kratos h2h? He only rips people a part.

REY1987
well i just posted something on another thread and i believe i should raise that here too.... since we are talking about.... jjn getting his a55 kicked by kratos... lets turn the tables a little bit..... if kratos doesnt have his blades of chaos.... and by the way those can be stripped off him... by some other greek god or sumthing... and also no other weapons..... and he is relying only on his strength.... and jin on the other hand goes devil than what do u think will happen....

what fighting style does he have against JIN's fighting style..... what can he actually hit a person with that doesnt even feel bullets....

just curious wink

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by REY1987
well i just posted something on another thread and i believe i should raise that here too.... since we are talking about.... jjn getting his a55 kicked by kratos... lets turn the tables a little bit..... if kratos doesnt have his blades of chaos.... and by the way those can be stripped off him... by some other greek god or sumthing... and also no other weapons..... and he is relying only on his strength.... and jin on the other hand goes devil than what do u think will happen....

what fighting style does he have against JIN's fighting style..... what can he actually hit a person with that doesnt even feel bullets....

just curious wink

Yeah only the ones who gave him the blades have ever stripped him of his weapons so I don't see the point in saying that.

Kratos packs more power than a bullet, he is physically superior to Jin and Devil Jin, he has resisted Atlas's strength.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Staying on topic, how good is Kratos h2h? He only rips people a part.

Which ain't bad, actually no expression

Anyway, technically speaking, he can fight hordes of enemies with technically one arm (ala Gauntlet of Zeus), so I assume he's pretty good.

Sado22
well, kratos is brute strength and he's pretty fast as well. Spartans were trained warriors after all so i assume they could dish some good asswhooping too. we've never seen him to h2h stuff besides the little bit with Icarus in GOW2 and the gauntlets in the E3 trailer which he pretty much mauled people with....even smacking off a few dozen soldiers off of him with relative ease.

if its h2h, it all boils down to this: can kratos get his hands on jin?

btw, despite brutish animalstic strength, Jin>>Kratos when it comes to strike force, which is different from brute strength.

First_Tsurugi06
Pretty much so, I suppose. I think that has more to do with the fact that we've never seen feats of Kratos' raw strike force. Unless Atlas Quake counts. Other than that, the closest thing was when he was near the end of his fight with Theseus where, after pulling him down from atop the gate, Kratos punched him and sent him flying a few yards into the doorway before ramming him with his own spear. Also, when killing his dopplegangers and Rhodes soldiers, he slams them to the ground and they break apart into pieces. So if any of that counts as strike force, I'd say Kratos is decent at best maybe. Not necessarily better than Jin, not that I can really remember his best feats of strike force.

Sado22
imo the dismembering bit is still brute force, not strike force. and the bit with theseus was done with a weapon, iirc.

First_Tsurugi06
I'm quite sure it was a haymaker. I'll dig around for the vid.

Gumachi
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
he has resisted Atlas's strength.

We don't know how much strength Atlas put on Kratos.

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Also, when killing his dopplegangers and Rhodes soldiers, he slams them to the ground and they break apart into pieces.

That's in gameplay.

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
I'm quite sure it was a haymaker. I'll dig around for the vid.

2jsMWLAr1jQ

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Gumachi
That's in gameplay.

With canon representation in cinematic fashion.

Gumachi
So...

Austin3301
Hey guys. I think that Kratos is more powerful becuase, he beat the hell up Zeus. Can Jin do that? Even with Devil form? Maybe... Even when Kratos has no weapon he could just grab Jin. And Jin he could only defeat both Kazuya and Heihachi (In devil form of course). And when they both come face to face Kratos will just rip Jin in pieces.

Sin_Volvagia
Jin is to Kratos like The Thing is to the Hulk.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Jin is to Kratos like The Thing is to the Hulk.

Not exactly.

NemeBro
Yeah dude, don't be ridiculous.

Jin is to Kratos like Wolverine is to Juggernaut.

Wei Phoenix
What I meant was that Thing can last a few minutes with Hulk. Jin doesn't last a minute.

NemeBro
That was kind of what I was getting at.

Also, originally, I was going to put Spiderman and Juggernaut....Then I remembered Spiderman actually has a win over Juggernaut. no expression

Wei Phoenix
Yes a concrete victory over him. DLC for Borderlands came out yesterday, Dr. Ned's Zombie Island!

NemeBro
Concrete victory?

Was that a pun my good sir?

Wei Phoenix
Maybe it was.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yeah dude, don't be ridiculous.

Jin is to Kratos like Wolverine is to Juggernaut.

When I made my comparison, I had Devil Jin in mind. And I wasn't making it strength-wise because that would be absurd.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
When I made my comparison, I had Devil Jin in mind. And I wasn't making it strength-wise because that would be absurd. I also had Devil Jin in mind. And meant overall.

Kratos would kill everyone in Tekken.

Sin_Volvagia

I don't doubt that cool

Phanteros
Kratos rips Jin's spinal cord out.

AsbestosFlaygon

Probably yea.

Though Azazel has a chance of defeating him.

Shutter Control
I wonder why this has 3 pages.Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Some people in this board believe that Jim Kazama is teh strongest protagonist right now.It's Jin, and care to name them?

NemeBro
He's not even the strongest fighting game protagonist.

Ban Mido
Someone mentioned the only way to beat Kratos is with Psychic powers...

I wonder how he's fair against the roster of "Psychic Force" I enjoyed that game :3...no one else seemed too T_T...well most ppl didn't even know about it TT_TT..I liked the characters big grin

Luminatus
He's not even the strongest fighting game protagonist.

He's stronger than Ryu. Happy Dance

And. Liu Kang.

And..probably others.

I guess that dude from Guilty Gear is stronger than him?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Luminatus
He's stronger than Ryu. Happy Dance

And. Liu Kang.

And..probably others.

I guess that dude from Guilty Gear is stronger than him? Ryu would beat the shit out of Jin.

Sol Badguy would hand the entire cast of Tekken its ass.

Sin_Volvagia
Ryu would beat the shit out of Jin.

Ryu? Seriously? From how I'm seeing it, Jin is miles greater than he is. What he lacks is a projectile (unless he goes Devil Jin).

Kirikaze Fuuma
Ryu has no striking and durability feats while Jin survived after he was shot by a machine gun, didn't even tired after fighting a giant fire breathing monster, stronger than Kazuya and Heihachi. And Heihachi survived a giant explosion which Ryu never create.

Shutter Control
Someone mentioned Ryu kicking Jin's ass. Someone post better Ryu feats than the following so we can all know Ryu can do as claimed:

Power/Strength (1:20 - 1:30):1JJlKtwbQu8

Durability/Shielding (3:24 - 4:00):2mGcear_sDk

In case it's not obvious, click on "HD" on the first video and pay attention particularly to the interval between 1:27 and 1:28. It was not just the building glass that broke due to the stomp + missed blows. The ground they were standing on did as well.

I'll wait for the day someone explains what holding a boulder for hours and dodging bullets will do to the defense demonstrated in video #2.

Shutter Control
Despite the above post's apparent intention, this is not intended to restart a years old debate, unless someone wants to revive one of the old Jin vs Ryu threads. The Ryu being any noticeably better than (if even at the same level as) Jin of Tekken becomes a myth.

Hell Lancer
ryu's got nothing on Jin. I wish Sado22 was here to pwn these dumb fanboys. the man was a legend...and had the best sig!

Phanteros
Be careful of who you call dumb fanboy on the site....
you need to show them why they wrong instead of making claims.

iChaos
Except for the Link fanboys...

Luminatus
Ryu would beat the shit out of Jin.

Same goes for SF... Akuma be their their only hope.

Actually, without Akuma or SFA3 Bison, SF sucks in terms of power. Absolutely nothing compared to Tekken or GG.

It go:
Guilty Gear

Tekken

Street Fighter

Shutter Control
Tekken is actually closer to Street Fighter in terms of power than many believe. It is only a select few, biased Capcom tards claiming otherwise who can't handle the truth (and I thank God half of them are gone). Akuma is probably not the greatest in the SF verse. I do not recall any done accomplishments of SFA3 Bison than being defeated which is bad for him. The only thing I can recall that was impressive was he survived a massive explosion of a base. This is similar to what Heihachi (and now Lars of Tekken 6) has experienced, but is probably better.

Hell Lancer
dude, look at those vids and tell me one thing that ryu's done that's got anything on that? jin and kazuya destroyed the glass off a building by hte impact of MISSED punches>>>>>>ryu lifting boulder

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Hell Lancer
dude, look at those vids and tell me one thing that ryu's done that's got anything on that? jin and kazuya destroyed the glass off a building by hte impact of MISSED punches>>>>>>ryu lifting boulder

Also, lifting strength != striking strength. You can lift something bigger doesn't mean you can punch harder. That's why I said Ryu has no striking feats.

Hell Lancer
exactly.
my favorite criticism is that jin beat jinpachi who could've destroyed the world....yet, its not impressive because jin beat therefor anyone can beat him.
BUT
regular akuma, who was apparently beaten by SFA2 (despite ryu having no feats comparable to akuma's), absolutely cannot be beaten by anyone else

LOLZ...stupd fanboys.

Phanteros
Lifting and striking actually go hand to hand as with striking you need to pull your muscles back the unleash forward to strike as with lifting you need to pull your muscles to push up the object.

Shutter Control
I would rather say the boulder lifted by Ryu, due to it having an uncertain weight (never mind that no one knows how long he was holding it) makes the feat more uncertain (or, mysterious to use another word) then Kazuya and Jin's missed blows doing what was shown (and since they were very near equal, one could say Kazuya and Jin each contributed half of the collateral damage).

Off-topic for a while now, but still more fun than Jin vs Kratos.

Hell Lancer
oh please!
strike force is determined by the EXPLOSIVE power your muscles can generate, not lifting power. there are people who can lift 100kgs but can't punch for shit. that's why fighters have to do plyometrics more than weight training...because plyometrics concentrate on generating explosive power as opposed to lifting power. while lifting power can help build more explosiveness, they are entirely different things and the power required for striking depends entirely on how much explosiveness your muscles can produce.
look up plyometrics.

Shutter Control
Err...speed people, and durability. You can lift a ton but you will have to be able to swing fast and be hard to have striking power. That combination is what is needed. Seeing as Ryu bled by a bottle breaking on him, I doubt he has the durability required as part of the equation.

Hell Lancer
dude, you can't produce speed if you have no explosive power output in your muslces. if you guys don't know what i'm talking about google "plyometrics".

the ignorance level in this forum is astonishing.

Shutter Control
Sol Badguy would hand the entire cast of Tekken its ass. This is a very bold claim, and I remember you saying you do not even know how strong the character is. Has he even done anything? Like avoiding/getting out of telekinetic grabs perhaps (something Devil Jin has)?

Originally posted by Hell Lancer
dude, you can't produce speed if you have no explosive power output in your muslces. if you guys don't know what i'm talking about google "plyometrics".

the ignorance level in this forum is astonishing. Where did I say you were wrong? All I'm saying is in order for something to hurt it's going to have to be FAST and MASSIVE. The product is basically inertia, or mass times speed. There is nothing wrong with what I said...

Hell Lancer
embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.