I have a question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
OK, so a lot of the very top force users (Luke, Yoda, etc.) are...well, very strong in the force, right? And since Marek brought down a star destroyer from orbit, then some of the very top force users could as well, right? So then why don't they? I haven't read DE, but according to people in the forum DE Sidious was SOLOING entire fleets, and Luke is more powerful than Sidious, so why doesn't he? How come in LOTF he doesn't just solo every fleet that they come in contact with? Or at the very least force slam the Anakin Solo into another ship, therefore hopefully killing Caedus without any problems? Kyp Durron could probably do it to, right? So why don't he and Luke just fling around capital ships? Why didn't Yoda and Windu do it in the clone wars? PIS? CIS?

Slash_KMC
I enjoyed the way the Force was presented during the OT. Now Yoda, the great Jedi Grand Master looks weak in ESB because he just lifted an X-wing.

But the answer is, because every different and new author has a hell lot of freedom and they can play around with canon by depowering or overpowering the Force.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Once again your question is in the wrong forum, you idiot.

Lord Lucien
PIS. And it'll be a cold day on Skywalker Ranch when Lucas commissions an official retcon of the entire mythos.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
Once again your question is in the wrong forum, you idiot.

Just chill dude.

But you're right, Rex can you please move this but don't close it?

truejedi
gravity brought down a powerless star destroyer. marek merely changed its course. (still impressive) However, the more powerful force users have rarely been in a position where a powerless star destroyer is literally falling on them.

Reference Luke moving a Black hole, and Yoda smashing federation troops ships together and throwing them, as evidence that they could do so if they needed to,

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Just chill dude.

But you're right, Rex can you please move this but don't close it? I am perfectly calm. I feel comfortable, not chilled at all. Thus your phrase is unnecessary, and I believe that my statement categorizing you as an idiot is strengthened by every post you create.

Captain REX
Warning to Anderson for bashing, as I've seen too much it from you recently. Knock it off! You know that calling people names is what gets you in trouble, and yet you still do it.

As for knocking ships around... truejedi's post kind of answers that one.

You could also cite the Dark Side- Palpatine solo'd a fleet by unleashing a storm of pure hatred upon them, killing everyone and tearing apart ships. Not really the Jedi way.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by truejedi

Reference Luke moving a Black hole, and Yoda smashing federation troops ships together and throwing them, as evidence that they could do so if they needed to,

There have been many times in which they needed to: Had Luke just destroyed the Anakin Solo than Caedus would die and everyone would be happy. Or he could just reenact some non-sith equivalent of force storm and destroy the fleet attacking Shedu Maad (sp?)

Eminence
Ice cream? Confetti?

Laxative?

truejedi
There have been many times in which they needed to: Had Luke just destroyed the Anakin Solo than Caedus would die and everyone would be happy. Or he could just reenact some non-sith equivalent of force storm and destroy the fleet attacking Shedu Maad (sp?)

Really? Fascinating. let me try this again: Try reading it this time.

Hewhoknowsall
So someone that can move a black hole can't move a star destroyer? Yoda smashed ships together at one point without much visible effort, so then why doesn't he do it ALL the time? And didn't Sidious solo a fleet?

Eminence
Forgets
So someone that can move a black hole can't move a star destroyer?That right there is some DS-class reading comprehension.

chilled monkey
So someone that can move a black hole can't move a star destroyer? Yoda smashed ships together at one point without much visible effort, so then why doesn't he do it ALL the time?

Kyp Durron addresses this in LotF.

Basically it's to do with state of mind. He was able to retrieve the Sun Crusher from a gas giant because he was utterly sure of himself. He stated that he couldn't replicate that feat now because he wouldn't have the same mental clarity and focus.

One could say that Galen was only able to move that Star Destroyer because Juno was in danger. If she hadn't been there he may not have been able to do it.

So the fact that a Jedi can do a feat one time doesn't neccessarily mean they can do it anytime.

Eminence
LOTF?

Do you remember what book, by any chance?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Eminence
LOTF?

Do you remember what book, by any chance?

It was in "Exile." Page 31.

Eminence
Thanks.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Kyp Durron addresses this in LotF.

Basically it's to do with state of mind. He was able to retrieve the Sun Crusher from a gas giant because he was utterly sure of himself. He stated that he couldn't replicate that feat now because he wouldn't have the same mental clarity and focus.

It also helps when you have Exar Kun helping you big grin

truejedi
but you are missing the larger point. The ship that Marek pulled down was unpowered It was falling on its own, Marek did not, i repeat, DID NOT pull that ship out of orbit. He merely changed the course of what was essentially a giant falling meteor.

That was the part that i wanted HeWhoKnowsAll to read again. How many times is Luke in a situation with a completely powerless capital ship falling on him?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by truejedi
but you are missing the larger point. The ship that Marek pulled down was unpowered It was falling on its own, Marek did not, i repeat, DID NOT pull that ship out of orbit. He merely changed the course of what was essentially a giant falling meteor.

That was the part that i wanted HeWhoKnowsAll to read again. How many times is Luke in a situation with a completely powerless capital ship falling on him?

Well people keep on saying that he moved a black hole (although he was in a good "state of mind"wink although I didn't read the book in which he did that. And I'm no genius in astrology but I'm pretty sure that a black hole is much harder to move than a star destroyer.

KingD19
Yeah, the ship was already falling, however, Marek used his powers to change it's direction by a wide margin and actually put it down faster, which is a massive feat. Simply put, Marek was one of the strongest raw power force users ever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.