Vulcan vs Annihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
after back-to-back strong showings against warlock now boltagon, i wonder how people will see this. no q-bands for the bug, just the rod. whose energy manip would come out on top . . .?

Peterlane
Vulcan manipulates the cosmic control rod and rapes Annihilus.

-Waits for people to say otherwise, just because they hate a pretty bland character-

leonidas
i don't find him bland. i like the way he challenged bb to the one-on-one. not many villains do that. he's crazy, and full of himself, but he's showing the ability to back it up, which is kind of refreshing . . .

Peterlane
Originally posted by leonidas
i don't find him bland. i like the way he challenged bb to the one-on-one. not many villains do that. he's crazy, and full of himself, but he's showing the ability to back it up, which is kind of refreshing . . .

You and me are and exception. Characters dont need to have maze's for minds to make them interesting. Vulcan just wants to control stuff because of his ****ed up history, he had a chance to reform and said **** it I want to do whatever I want. There are not many characters like that anymore. Most people want villians who are an enigma.

ExodusCloak
Vulcan's a 13 year old boy with lots of dangerous toys to play with. He's a brat I don't think he'll ever be a character whose motives are anything but him lashing out on others for shits and giggles. His mission began with revenge and then he slowly started playing dress up as Julius Caesar. He was never designed to be a Doom or a Magneto or to even have grey motive. He's designed to be a psychotic brat.

leonidas
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
He's designed to be a psychotic brat.

yep. i find his simplicity refreshing. not every character needs to be multi-faceted. i think we'll develop in the future, but i'm enjoying him running around breaking things for fun at the moment. smile

Peterlane
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Vulcan's a 13 year old boy with lots of dangerous toys to play with. He's a brat I don't think he'll ever be a character whose motives are anything but him lashing out on others for shits and giggles. His mission began with revenge and then he slowly started playing dress up as Julius Caesar. He was never designed to be a Doom or a Magneto or to even have grey motive. He's designed to be a psychotic brat.

Exactly, but why people hate that....I don't understand. I really hope he comes back.

thebeast
Originally posted by Peterlane
You and me are and exception. Characters dont need to have maze's for minds to make them interesting. Vulcan just wants to control stuff because of his ****ed up history, he had a chance to reform and said **** it I want to do whatever I want. There are not many characters like that anymore. Most people want villians who are an enigma.

Vulcan isn't all bad, just needs a slap now and then. He should be somebody's ***** for a few years, could make him pretty awesome, but he's still pretty cool at the moment.

WhiteWitchKing
Annihilus still. Both are energy manipulators but Annihilus edges him out due to the CCR. Blastaar with the CCR fought both raptors in their heavy armor mode and only lost due to a spell Talon placed on the CCR. On the other hand,Talon casually blocked Vulcan's attack. Hard fight but Annihilus ftw.

Peterlane
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Annihilus still. Both are energy manipulators but Annihilus edges him out due to the CCR. Blastaar with the CCR fought both raptors in their heavy armor mode and only lost due to a spell Talon placed on the CCR. On the other hand,Talon casually blocked Vulcan's attack. Hard fight but Annihilus ftw.

Vulcan severly underestimated Talon, it was no where near a full powered blast. Vulcans energy control>CCR

WhiteWitchKing
Vulcan severly underestimated Talon, it was no where near a full powered blast. Vulcans energy control>CCR

Based on what? Annihilus absorbed Quasar and was going to take the Nova force from Richard. It's given him enough power to beat Thor.

Kris Blaze
Annihilus.

Peterlane
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Based on what? Annihilus absorbed Quasar and was going to take the Nova force from Richard. It's given him enough power to beat Thor.

Vulcan soloed the Imperial Guard bar Gladiator, soloed the X-Men. He also manipulated and absorbed the enrgy of Adam Warlock near empty, Adam Warlock transmuted a planet.

Vulcan showed in his fight with BB and almost every enrgy user that using energy against him is stupid and pointless

Survivor19
By running from them?

WhiteWitchKing
Vulcan soloed the Imperial Guard bar Gladiator, soloed the X-Men. He also manipulated and absorbed the enrgy of Adam Warlock near empty, Adam Warlock transmuted a planet.

Most of the Imperial Guards are jobbers. Nova killed Warstar in one shot. Talon dismissed them in one shot. Quasar, Nova, Thor, or Annihilus would solo either the Imperial Guards or the X-Men.

And Quasar trapped Ego using the Q-bands. Annihilus killed him and took his bands and was going to kill Nova as well. Vulcan couldn't kill Warlock at all.

LOL. The CCR isn't lacking in that department at all. He absorbed Quasars power and was going to consume the Nova Force. Difference is Annihilus casually killed his opponent where as Vulcan failed to kill Warlock or Black Bolt.

Nihilist
Annihilus crushes him.

AlmightyKfish
Annihilus ftw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.