Kyo Kusanagi vs Travis Touchdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Avlon
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/kyo-kusanagi-in-the-king-of-fighters-xii.jpg

Kyo Kusanagi

vs

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-06/art/nmh-travis-touchdown4.jpg

Travis Touchdown

Wei Phoenix
What are Kyo's feats?

StyleTime
He's a snazzy dresser.

Wei Phoenix
He's going to need a lot more than that to beat Travis.

XanatosForever
Wait for Sado, he seems to know KoF characters.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
What are Kyo's feats?

1. Smack an iron mast with his backhand covered with flames and almost effortlessly.

2. survived against Goenitz who can wreck the entire stadium with a glimpse of his power.

3. KO a demon god such as Orochi.

4. Smacked his friends Benimaru and Daimon only with a shockwave of his move.

5. In KOF Kyo, it was revealed that if he goes all out he would incinerate someone with his flame. Yashiro and Yamazaki almost incinerated by pissed off Kyo.

and I haven't used his feats from KOF zillion.

But since I don't know about who is Travis Touchdown, I still can't say who is the winner.

Wei Phoenix
Durability and reaction time.

wCr3zvDh7K0

StyleTime
I know very little of Travis, but that was impressive. Does that cloak provide Travis with some extra protection? If not, then.....wow.

Despite this, his voice is lame and Kyo is still the better dresser.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by StyleTime
I know very little of Travis, but that was impressive. Does that cloak provide Travis with some extra protection? If not, then.....wow.

Despite this, his voice is lame and Kyo is still the better dresser.

That cloak was a one time thing he wore and it wasn't anything less than a normal cloak. He didn't wear it anymore after that and to me it was only worn as a disguise.

REY1987
hey guys,

i think sado is busy with something, otherwise he would have replied b now. or maybe he is busy learning and understanding travis.

personally, i dont know enough about him and i dont have a wii. plus, i am not planning to have one so i might never know about travis. but i have seen the gameplay at my friends place from possibly the 8th assasin to the 6th. tried the nunchucks for fun and etc. so here is my speculation based on that.

you are pitting a fighting game character that never made it to open-ended games with the vice versa - nothing wrong with that, its just that travis has a smaller set of moves and feats.

Kyo: 1 - Travis: 0

Travis only uses weapons. (correct me if i am wrong though) and kyo has never used weapons. his weapon is his flames. katana and nunchucks vs pillars of flames(just one example. i dont know what to make of that but.....

Kyo: 2 - Travis: 0

Kyo is a fighters, a warrior... master of one-on-one combat while travis is an assassin. i dont think that any assassin can match the durability of an experienced fighter like kyo when it comes down to a face to face combat.

Kyo: 3 - Travis: 0

according to what i saw in the game travis assassinates or fights? an 18 year old girl with katana abilities, a destroy man that shoots bullets from his nipples(sarcasm) and another young girl who launches missiles. from her legs..... not not worthy opponents....

Kyo: 4 - Travis: 0

so there u go, i think that is enough to say travis will eventually be beaten by kyo. until and unless he sneaks up behind him and kills him like a true assassin silently....but! that would be an assassination and not fair fight between kyo and travis....

C YA!

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by REY1987
hey guys,

i think sado is busy with something, otherwise he would have replied b now. or maybe he is busy learning and understanding travis.

personally, i dont know enough about him and i dont have a wii. plus, i am not planning to have one so i might never know about travis. but i have seen the gameplay at my friends place from possibly the 8th assasin to the 6th. tried the nunchucks for fun and etc. so here is my speculation based on that.

you are pitting a fighting game character that never made it to open-ended games with the vice versa - nothing wrong with that, its just that travis has a smaller set of moves and feats.

Kyo: 1 - Travis: 0

Travis only uses weapons. (correct me if i am wrong though) and kyo has never used weapons. his weapon is his flames. katana and nunchucks vs pillars of flames(just one example. i dont know what to make of that but.....

Kyo: 2 - Travis: 0

Kyo is a fighters, a warrior... master of one-on-one combat while travis is an assassin. i dont think that any assassin can match the durability of an experienced fighter like kyo when it comes down to a face to face combat.

Kyo: 3 - Travis: 0

according to what i saw in the game travis assassinates or fights? an 18 year old girl with katana abilities, a destroy man that shoots bullets from his nipples(sarcasm) and another young girl who launches missiles. from her legs..... not not worthy opponents....

Kyo: 4 - Travis: 0

so there u go, i think that is enough to say travis will eventually be beaten by kyo. until and unless he sneaks up behind him and kills him like a true assassin silently....but! that would be an assassination and not fair fight between kyo and travis....

C YA!

His smaller feats are still great like his durability and the fact that he effortlessly blocks bullets without looking.

His flame fists versus a beam katana that can slice through human bodies like butter.

What does the role or occupation of someone have to do with their durability? Furthermore an assassin in Santa Destroy is not like your Assassin's Creed Assassin. They don't go out and eliminate targets, they are each other's targets and they tend to fight one on one. Travis was also trained and fajucked by his master Thunder Ryu, who was known as one of the greatest MA's/wrestlers I believe.

Other feats of durability was when Jeane actually impaled him with her fist, and when Bad Girl was savagely beating him to death with a bat, the same woman who had enough strength to bat a full grown man across the room.

Jeane alone would wreck someone in a fight given her speed and strength plus her MA ability. He also beat a Neo-Samurai, an old lady with a huge ass laser.

REY1987
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
His smaller feats are still great like his durability and the fact that he effortlessly blocks bullets without looking.

His flame fists versus a beam katana that can slice through human bodies like butter.

What does the role or occupation of someone have to do with their durability? Furthermore an assassin in Santa Destroy is not like your Assassin's Creed Assassin. They don't go out and eliminate targets, they are each other's targets and they tend to fight one on one. Travis was also trained and fajucked by his master Thunder Ryu, who was known as one of the greatest MA's/wrestlers I believe.

Other feats of durability was when Jeane actually impaled him with her fist, and when Bad Girl was savagely beating him to death with a bat, the same woman who had enough strength to bat a full grown man across the room.

Jeane alone would wreck someone in a fight given her speed and strength plus her MA ability. He also beat a Neo-Samurai, an old lady with a huge ass laser.

lets see who is more scarier.... a girl with a bat that swirls people around the room.....or a demon god (orochi)..... hmmm maybe its the girl for you... anyways....

and lets see who is more powerful... "He also beat a Neo-Samurai, an old lady with a huge ass laser"... or omega rugal.....

anyways, i am not going to speculate more because just like kyo does not have to actually touch travis' beam kitana specifically with "His flame fists" to incinerate him.... i dont have to tell you as to why an assassin will always be an assassin and how a person role can effect his fighting technique and prowess....

take care though smile

Wei Phoenix
lets see who is more scarier.... a girl with a bat that swirls people around the room.....or a demon god (orochi)..... hmmm maybe its the girl for you... anyways....

and lets see who is more powerful... "He also beat a Neo-Samurai, an old lady with a huge ass laser"... or omega rugal.....

anyways, i am not going to speculate more because just like kyo does not have to actually touch travis' beam kitana specifically with "His flame fists" to incinerate him.... i dont have to tell you as to why an assassin will always be an assassin and how a person role can effect his fighting technique and prowess....

take care though smile

Once again a title doesn't give you durability. Furthermore once again, Assassins in Santa Destroy are not typical assassins at all and the only thing they have in common is that they kill people but there's a big difference. NMH assassins don't sneak up on people nor do they do it silently. They fight each other only.

Being scary does not equate to power. He may be powerful but him being scary has nothing to do with it. That laser also incinerated a human with ease. Travis got hit by missiles, or rockets one, but anyway they were explosive weapons and he was shot many times, yet he was ok. Flame fists aren't doing anything to him.

ScreamPaste
Wei is correct. Travis gets a bunch of Grenades dropped on his crotch, and is unhurt by them. These same grnades are later shown to be lethal.

REY1987
i already said.... im not going to speculate... more.. i have less knowledge about travis..true.... but forget getting the point you are not are even getting the sarcasm and... nevermind... you want travis to win.. go ahead the trophy is yours... take it to santa destroy..... smile

BYEzz

Wei Phoenix
i already said.... im not going to speculate... more.. i have less knowledge about travis..true.... but forget getting the point you are not are even getting the sarcasm and... nevermind... you want travis to win.. go ahead the trophy is yours... take it to santa destroy..... smile

BYEzz

My convos with you tonight have changed my opinion on a certain subject. I am now pro-choice.

Sado22
wow, lotta people are waiting for me to show up laughing out loud

nah, boys, i normally stay away from threads where i don't know enough of both characters. this travis touchdown seems meh (because he embodies everything i hate about japanese media, ranging from stupid names, to bad voices, lame expressions which they use that are supposed to be cool but aren't, crap dress sense, weird hairdos although does get points for being nice enough to behead that stupid silverhaired queer) but his durability is pretty good......although i don't know if he simply has a healing factor or just a lot of toughness.

-if he has a healing factor then well, that pretty much kills all semblence of a fair fight (the main reason why wolverine is a pvssy imo).
-if its toughness, well, damn that's insane. kyo's got insane power but do they hurt as much as RPG's? i don't think so. he laid out Orochi, but that was a punch in which he put ALL his power and strenght into. so, yeah, kyo's in trouble.

reaction time seems to be pretty good for Travis, but he was usng a weapon to deflect the bullets. that's impressive but since (i assume) we're talking h2h i don't think that applies.

stll, based on the knd of toughness he's displayed (if its not HF, which only makes him pvssy) i give it to Travis Retarded-name-only-japanese-people-and-japophiles-think-is-cool

~Sado

Avlon

take care though smile

To be honest, to beat Orochi, Kyo needed help from both Iori and Chizuru...plus they were the living embodiment of his weaknesses/seal. Kind of like Kryptonite man fighting Superman.

Rugal self destructed...

Avlon
Originally posted by Sado22

nah, boys, i normally stay away from threads where i don't know enough of both characters. this travis touchdown seems meh (because he embodies everything i hate about japanese media, ranging from stupid names, to bad voices, lame expressions which they use that are supposed to be cool but aren't, crap dress sense, weird hairdos although does get points for being nice enough to behead that stupid silverhaired queer) but his durability is pretty good......although i don't know if he simply has a healing factor or just a lot of toughness.

-if he has a healing factor then well, that pretty much kills all semblence of a fair fight (the main reason why wolverine is a pvssy imo).
-if its toughness, well, damn that's insane. kyo's got insane power but do they hurt as much as RPG's? i don't think so. he laid out Orochi, but that was a punch in which he put ALL his power and strenght into. so, yeah, kyo's in trouble.

reaction time seems to be pretty good for Travis, but he was usng a weapon to deflect the bullets. that's impressive but since (i assume) we're talking h2h i don't think that applies.

stll, based on the knd of toughness he's displayed (if its not HF, which only makes him pvssy) i give it to Travis Retarded-name-only-japanese-people-and-japophiles-think-is-cool

~Sado

Good post. Though I find both characters equally cool, that demo has horrendous voice acting..all the characters actually had different voices in the finished game and you can change Travis outfit which is pretty cool.

Thinking about it, regular Travis would be too much for Kyo, and now remembering that Travis also has his insane "dark mode" powers this battle does turn out to be a slaughter.

Looks like I need to find a more even opponent.

REY1987
Originally posted by Avlon
To be honest, to beat Orochi, Kyo needed help from both Iori and Chizuru...plus they were the living embodiment of his weaknesses/seal. Kind of like Kryptonite man fighting Superman.

Rugal self destructed...

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE ALREADY AGREED THAT TRAVIS CAN WIN, SO THIS REPLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME TRYING TO MAKE KYO WIN.

now, the kryptonite man u are talking about. has not only beaten superman(orochi) but he has also beaten flash, batman, wonderwoman, green lantern....i hope u get the point..... so please if u are intelligent enough to get it...do not reply.... to this part and accept that u were simply mistaken.....

than, omega rugal self destructed.... what does that mean... he was defeated anyways..kyo could kill him....but just like travis didnt kill shinobu doesnt mean he didnt defeat her or didnt had the power to defeat her and similarly he didnt wanted to kill holly but she 'self destructed' does THAT mean travis didnt defeat her.... do u think u can even argue with that...bro...... come on you dont sound that stupid.... so if you are not....

than look at this again...

-KYO defeated rugal and could kill him but didnt.... and than rugal self destructed

-Travis Defeated Holly and could kill him but didnt.... and than holy self destructed....

than in no way it implies that kyo cant defeat someone like Rugal....cuz if it does... than it means Travis couldnt defeat someone like holly....... couldnt make it any simpler

so, again if some I***T wants to reply saying why travis will win than...please dont.... just read the disclaimer....

take care....

Avlon
DISCLAIMER: I HAVE ALREADY AGREED THAT TRAVIS CAN WIN, SO THIS REPLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME TRYING TO MAKE KYO WIN.

And I never disputed that... relax..LOL

now, the kryptonite man u are talking about. has not only beaten superman(orochi) but he has also beaten flash, batman, wonderwoman, green lantern....i hope u get the point..... so please if u are intelligent enough to get it...do not reply.... to this part and accept that u were simply mistaken.....

Actually, you were mistaken. I simply added to your original point with the facts... that's ok though.

than, omega rugal self destructed.... what does that mean... he was defeated anyways..kyo could kill him....but just like travis didnt kill shinobu doesnt mean he didnt defeat her or didnt had the power to defeat her and similarly he didnt wanted to kill holly but she 'self destructed' does THAT mean travis didnt defeat her.... do u think u can even argue with that...bro...... come on you dont sound that stupid.... so if you are not....

Travis beat Holly and she then committed suicide... he beat her first. You sound way emotional about this btw.

-KYO defeated rugal and could kill him but didnt.... and than rugal self destructed

-Travis Defeated Holly and could kill him but didnt.... and than holy self destructed....

than in no way it implies that kyo cant defeat someone like Rugal....cuz if it does... than it means Travis couldnt defeat someone like holly....... couldnt make it any simpler

And nothing of the sort was implied. The facts were simply stated...Rugal self destructed..their battle wasn't over.

so, again if some I***T wants to reply saying why travis will win than...please dont.... just read the disclaimer....

That's already been determined...however, clarifying facts is perfectly OK.

take care....

You too.

Wei Phoenix

~Sado

So far he's a normal human. There has been no hint at a special ability or gift that he has. The guy also stepped on landmines and he was still fine.

Sado22
the kryptonite thing is actually a fanmade theory. in the game itself and all the related info about it, it never explicity or even implicitly states that Orochi is weak against the kusanagi or yagami flames. all they said is that these were the flames that sealed Orochi all those years ago.
the kryptonite thing is a myth....just like the one that says Heihachi defeated Devil in T2. hachi never fought devil, never even came across him until Tekken4.

from my manly site: http://www.freewebs.com/thedemon23/theories.htm

~Sado

Avlon
the kryptonite thing is actually a fanmade theory. in the game itself and all the related info about it, it never explicity or even implicitly states that Orochi is weak against the kusanagi or yagami flames. all they said is that these were the flames that sealed Orochi all those years ago.
the kryptonite thing is a myth....just like the one that says Heihachi defeated Devil in T2. hachi never fought devil, never even came across him until Tekken4.

from my manly site: http://www.freewebs.com/thedemon23/theories.htm

~Sado

"-Yasakani neutralizes, Kusanagi defeats and Yatta seals."

Wouldn't neutralizing the power imply a weakness? This allows Kyo to defeat, and then Yatta to seal.

Good post though. Always glad to see other KOF fans.

Sado22
yeah, iori does weaken orochi by using his flames. but its his own power. SWAT team neutralize domestic threats...they don't wave their hands in front of the terrorist till they just fall over laughing out loud
"neutralizing" and "depowering orochi with his kryptonite flames" are two different things.

Avlon
yeah, iori does weaken orochi by using his flames. but its his own power. SWAT team neutralize domestic threats...they don't wave their hands in front of the terrorist till they just fall over laughing out loud
"neutralizing" and "depowering orochi with his kryptonite flames" are two different things.

If Orochi is "neutralized" enough to go from godhood to where a human can beat him with flame fists...it's a weakness. A weakness that makes less sense if it's his own power under a being who he controls in the 1st place....

Semantics aside, either way it took all 3 to play a role to defeat Orochi...neither of the 3 could have done it on their own.

Waving hands...that was a good one. wink

First_Tsurugi06

He's kind of intentionally made that way as a means of satire, along with the entire game's satirical execution of stereotypical Japanese media mixed with a few contemporary elements of popular culture. He's basically a means of calling other characters out on it. I'll only say that if you hate someone like Dante or Ken Masters, Travis isn't quite as bad.

ScreamPaste
Travis is like, if Dante's stupidity were self aware, it's win.

REY1987

Sado22
oh okay. i've never actually played the game so i don't know anything about it...but if its a satire, i'm a fan already.

yeah, there is an undeniable PIS element in the whole thing. that said, videogames were scarcely ever without one. how many "gods" have gotten owned by mortals? Kratos>Ares, Kratos>Zeus, Kratos>peresphone, pre-devilpowers Jin>Ogre, Terry Bogard>Mars, Kyo>Athena.....never ending list.
the idea is just that Iori holds Orochi down with a burst of flames coming from him, kyo comes and smacks him as hard as he can with his flames...and kagura checks herself out in the mirror till they finish and then locks orochi into it...useless biatch.

agreed. which makes it a little less PIS than, say, ryu going hulk hogan and defeating Seth

laughing out loud

Evil Ryu
Kyo all the way.

From some rpg/date sim/whatever game from snk, I remember he can incinerate people except that he never really incinerated anyone there. And that Travis dude counts as people, meaning Kyo can incinerate him, which is more that Ryu will ever do anyway (don't ask me what Ryu has to do with this though. I'm pretty sure it's somehow related).

He defeated all kof bosses (anyone who tells you he got help from Benimaru, Goro, Ryo, Terry, Athena, Iori, Chizuru, K', etc. is lying)

He saved the world tons of times, he plays hockey, he escaped from nests hq, he has a cool outfit, a girfriend... and all that counts as power feats.

Also, anything Travis does is PIS.

Sado22
you can drop the sarcasm. you suck at it no expression
PM I-drop or myself and we can give you a few tips, though.

~Sado
P.S. i heard ryu could dodge bullets and immolate people with his shakuunetsu hadouken...even though he hasn't done that either. at least, kagura had to stop kyo from incinerating yashiro and yamazaki laughing

P-Geyser
So I guess Kyo defeated Orochi all by himself(superman theme plays)

Kirikaze Fuuma
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/whut-ian.jpg

You sound stupid with those sarcasm. Try again.

I-Drop
Originally posted by Evil Ryu
Kyo all the way.

From some rpg/date sim/whatever game from snk, I remember he can incinerate people except that he never really incinerated anyone there. And that Travis dude counts as people, meaning Kyo can incinerate him, which is more that Ryu will ever do anyway (don't ask me what Ryu has to do with this though. I'm pretty sure it's somehow related).

He defeated all kof bosses (anyone who tells you he got help from Benimaru, Goro, Ryo, Terry, Athena, Iori, Chizuru, K', etc. is lying)

He saved the world tons of times, he plays hockey, he escaped from nests hq, he has a cool outfit, a girfriend... and all that counts as power feats.

Also, anything Travis does is PIS. laughing out loudOriginally posted by Wei Phoenix
My convos with you tonight have changed my opinion on a certain subject. I am now pro-choice. laughing out loudOriginally posted by REY1987
hey dude,

nice reply.... as far as the hostility is concerned i was expecting angst in return...but thanks for keeping down... still.... what are u trying to prove up there... man... you think rugal would self destruct himself..... without even being defeated...or feeling defeated.... oh cmon! u are trying to say that kyo didnt defeat rugal....and somewhere during the fight rugal -while winning according to you- got the news that one of his goldfish died because of his menace..... and he commited suicide...bidding the cruel world...a farewell.............

-pathetic-

anyways that brings me to my next point..... holly commited suicide... after being defeated.... why? is committing suicide... not equal to self destruct.... if its not than this might help you bro.... Rugal didn't want to die. He couldn't handle the Orochi power & it destroyed him. Kyo did NOT defeat him in that battle.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Kyo probably defeat normal Rugal in 94 but he didn't defeat Omega Rugal.

REY1987
ok...... so the rugal of 94..... is a sissy girl....compared to holly or any other assasin of No More Heroes.....?

i still havent played the game.... but anyways i guess.... there is no point in beating around the bush.....

Sado22
right now Evil Ryu's new gimmick sucks so bad I heard Vince McMahon called him up and wanted him to be the next Cena laughing out loud

Evil Ryu
you can drop the sarcasm. you suck at it no expression
PM I-drop or myself and we can give you a few tips, though.

~Sado
P.S. i heard ryu could dodge bullets and immolate people with his shakuunetsu hadouken...even though he hasn't done that either. at least, kagura had to stop kyo from incinerating yashiro and yamazaki laughing

Aw dude, you are not gonna argue back at this one? It was funny when you did it in the Iori thread!
Lol and Ryu WAS somehow related!

Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/whut-ian.jpg

You sound stupid with those sarcasm. Try again.

I sound stupid? but I'm just repeating pretty much the same stuff you guys say all the time lol!

Anyway, might wanna not use those internet cat pics or saying things like "those sarcasm" when saying someone else sounds stupid wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.