Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Shattered Memories will be published by Konami and will be developed by Climax Studios.

The game is about a man named Harry Mason looking for his daughter named Cheryl in Silent Hill after a car accident was occured. The two were heading to a midwestern resort when suddenly a dark figure appears out of nowhere and Harry tries to move around it but the car crashes instead. He comes to and finds her missing.

One of the new things in this game is that instead of having a full confrontation with creatures, you'll have to dodge their attacks and run away (seriously, you can't fight them at all which raises the fear in this game).

Silent Hill will be on the PS2, PSP, and Nintendo Wii and the game will be released in October 13th.

Nemesis X
Here's an E3 09 Hands On Demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbaBu7I3H1Y

StyleTime
I am quite excited about this as I am a Silent Hill fan. I do wonder how the inability to fight will affect it though. Silent Hill melee and shooting mechanics still allowed for an aversion of enemies to exist. I don't know if it was necessary to remove it. I am also curious to see how the icy remodeling of Alessa's Otherworld will affect the experience.

StyleTime
My message was cut off.
The Otherworld is a genuinely lurid realm and I doubt the new imagery can approach that same atmosphere.

What's up with Hulett referring to the notes as "random?" There were quite relevant. The phone concept is interesting, but the various missives should not be excised from the game. Maybe they'll be replaced with...texts?

Nemesis X
As long as this SH game is better than Homecoming I'm not complaining.

Going from a dark fiery fleshy metal Otherworld to an ice cold one doesn't make sense. I thought that Otherworld was friggin scary and I don't think buildings turning into giant ice bergs will spook me that much but it might give me some chills.

Scythe
Neat, another PSP game for me

occultdestroyer
Why would they need to 'reimagine'(remake) the original SH?
Silent Hill 1 is already outstanding the way it is.

I've seen the trailers..
What's up with the background snow? It looks like they took the idea from the SH movie.

Not expecting much from the game..
The graphics are horrid (heck, GoW for PS2 has better graphics).. Konami should've developed the game themselves instead of relying from a 3rd party developer

EDIT: Just found out that these developers where the ones who developed SH: Origins, . I can safely say it won't be as good as we expect it to be.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
What's up with the background snow? It looks like they took the idea from the SH movie.

Not expecting much from the game..
The graphics are horrid (heck, GoW for PS2 has better graphics).. Konami should've developed the game themselves instead of relying from a 3rd party developer

EDIT: Just found out that these developers where the ones who developed SH: Origins, . I can safely say it won't be as good as we expect it to be.

I think you're mistaking ash for snow because in the movie, it was ash that was falling.

Well the Wii doesn't have exactly have top of the line graphics like the PS3 and 360.

Neo Darkhalen
So it's basically a remake of the original game, only that you loose the ability to attack.

Oh dears.

ArtificialGlory
I always thought it was snow falling in the first game on the PS1. Especially how it would turn into rain during the nighttime.

BackFire
Sounds awesome, the combat has always been the worst part of the Silent Hill games, so getting rid of that will both increase the tension by a near measureless amount and fix one of the glaring flaws the series has always suffered.

occultdestroyer
Silent Hill 1 is perfect the way it is.

Remake/reimagination(?) will never be as good or better than the first SH (unless it was developed by Konami, then it would probably have a chance for salvation)

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Nemesis X
As long as this SH game is better than Homecoming I'm not complaining.

Going from a dark fiery fleshy metal Otherworld to an ice cold one doesn't make sense. I thought that Otherworld was friggin scary and I don't think buildings turning into giant ice bergs will spook me that much but it might give me some chills. It actually kind of does make sense. The otherworld isn't really supposed to be all red and rusty. Different people in Silent Hill have different otherworlds.

Angela for example, had a fiery otherworld where everything was always burning.

James had a watery otherworld where everything was cold, wet, and broken down.

Heather had a fleshy, bloody otherworld where everything seemed alive.

Alex had a rusty metal otherworld like Harry (only because it was based so much on the movie.

Its supposed to be different for everyone. Icy is just another take. I think it could be made scary enough too. I have high hopes for this game.

I just hope it doesn't take you to another hospital. Silent Hill always takes you to hospitals.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I just hope it doesn't take you to another hospital. Silent Hill always takes you to hospitals.

Well, how else are you gonna meet the nurses? The nurses are one of the many iconic creatures in Silent Hill and they make great fan service.

Nemesis X
I read a Joystiq page saying that this game will really ask you personal questions about your life and the game will add the stuff you answered into the creepiest ways possible.

S_D_J
I heard the game got delayed once again.

it's coming out next year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.