V (Remake)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Vicious
They are remaking V. I'm a fan of the original. Trailer looks good (below). With all the special effects required for this type of show, it makes u wonder how long they can keep this on the air. I'll watch it.

WnNjRaBj3zs

MildPossession
Lovedddddddddddddd the original. This new one doesn't look too good actually, but will check it out. Shame to see none of the original cast back(as far as I can tell from the trailer) because there was rumour quite a few of them would be, well for a follow up. Looks like they have lost the nazi like element from the original.

That bit in the trailer where the face appears on the bottom of the ship is a bit too cheesy though.

saintsaucey
I think it looks pretty good.

BruceSkywalker
I don't have any hope for this, but I loved the original so I will give this a chance

Evil Dead
I love the original aswell. Still, this looks pretty good. I'm hoping to see some OG actors in cameo roles......I'll be keeping an eye out.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I don't have any hope for this, but I loved the original so I will give this a chance

Im surprised u dont. Ur very positive for most new shows.

Im glad that Elizabeth Mitchell is in it. I love her as Juliet on Lost. Also, with the last season of Lost on the horizon, hopefully this series will be good and fill Lost's slot.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Im surprised u dont. Ur very positive for most new shows.

Im glad that Elizabeth Mitchell is in it. I love her as Juliet on Lost. Also, with the last season of Lost on the horizon, hopefully this series will be good and fill Lost's slot.

I know, but this, it looks good so i will watch and see what the first show is..

what night is this coming on?

Yeah Liz Mitchell should be very good in this

S_D_J
first time i've seen the trailer. Never saw the original, but this one looks quite promising.

is it me or did the V logo look a lot like the one used on Lost (not the letter V, but the background)?

when does it air?

starlock
I loved the original series...but this does not look like its going to be good. but i will probably give it a shot and see if it can get me hooked

Edit....one of the comments says it airs Nov 3rd?

-Pr-
I absolutely LOVED the original. I have it all on DVD, and have watched the miniseries and final battle at least a dozen times over. after watching this trailer, im sceptical.

i think it's too far of a departure from the original, from what i can tell. without kenneth johnson (sp?), it just doesn't feel like V ought to, imo.

plus, no red uniforms or michael donovan? not even the badass V theme? that sucks.

i'll watch it though, out of nothing more than loyalty...

MildPossession
It will be disappointing if they don't have the theme, or mix the original theme somehow in the new one. Theme is memorable.

BruceSkywalker
this comes on tiesday, nov 3

i will still watch and see how i like it, although morena baccarin is definitely reason enough

-Pr-
this comes on tiesday, nov 3

i will still watch and see how i like it, although morena baccarin is definitely reason enough

that's where i know her from. She was in Stargate Atlantis! that's been wrecking my head for a while now.

i'll watch it, but i dunno how much i'll like it given that the original is in my top three tv shows of all time...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
that's where i know her from. She was in Stargate Atlantis! that's been wrecking my head for a while now.

i'll watch it, but i dunno how much i'll like it given that the original is in my top three tv shows of all time...

same here, i hope the remake gives the original some justice..

-Pr-
http://tv.ign.com/articles/103/1038439p1.html

saintsaucey

Also she was in Firefly.

-Pr-
Originally posted by saintsaucey
Also she was in Firefly.

never watched it lol

S_D_J
http://tv.ign.com/articles/103/1038439p1.html

quite excited about this.

I've been watching Flashforward, but somehow I got the feeling this is the better show. Hope I'm right.

Kazenji

Actually it was SG-1 wink

leader of the Ori.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
Actually it was SG-1 wink

leader of the Ori.

yup, though if i'm being honest, i consider the last few seasons to sg-1 to be more like atlantis and less like the awesomeness that was the o'neill led sg-1.

BruceSkywalker
as i am watching V the original on syfy, i do hope that the remake makes at the very least a slight reference to the original and perhaps even have someone from the original guest star

Smasandian
Meh, it was kinda of shitty.

It got better near the end but the original is much better. This one was cliche and bad.

What doesn't make sense is why aliens would need Earth resources. Water is abundant in the universe and the amount of resources you can get from non-living planets and meteors would be enormous compared to Earth. The only thing that would make a bit of sense is humans as a resource but anything but slavery would also make no sense.

I-Drop
I liked it enough to watch again next week

BruceSkywalker
I thought it was all right...

I'm not sold on Morris Chestnut or Bailey from Party of Five...

Thought Morena, Elizabeth and Laura did good

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Smasandian
Water is abundant in the universe and the amount of resources you can get from non-living planets and meteors would be enormous compared to Earth. The only thing that would make a bit of sense is humans as a resource but anything but slavery would also make no sense.

I thought water was pretty rare. Especially if they are from our solar system. Besides, if it is like the original, the resources they want is more than likely the humans themselves (food, slaves).

I know I would eat Elizabeth Mitchell myself! shes hot.

Same here. bailey was alright but I dont think Morris is a good actor. They only role I ever liked him in was "Two can play that game". For some reason I saw his reveal coming. Same for the "terrorist" cell. I wouldve dragged the reveal for a few episodes. Especially since we know the aliens are bad.

I-Drop
I didn't see either reveal coming, but I agree they should have saved it 4later. Seem also like they should have had a 2 hour special. They rushed things along

Myth
The original was very good. It was movie quality (for that era). Though, I'm not excited for the remake.

MildPossession
Do they use the theme music from the original at all in this remake series?

BruceSkywalker
I thought water was pretty rare. Especially if they are from our solar system. Besides, if it is like the original, the resources they want is more than likely the humans themselves (food, slaves).

Same here. bailey was alright but I dont think Morris is a good actor. They only role I ever liked him in was "Two can play that game". For some reason I saw his reveal coming. Same for the "terrorist" cell. I wouldve dragged the reveal for a few episodes. Especially since we know the aliens are bad.

same, Morris's reveal should've been in a few episodes and not right away

FistOfThe North
i loved the original as a kid. i'll never forget the "V" lady entirely swollowing that big fat rat alive and whole.

Wasn't it called "V" the final battle? it used to play on what's now upn.

anyway i'm really liking this new show. i almost knew i would especially after watching the trailer with "anna's" massive face on the huge belly of that spacecraft. Anna's is so hot. the leader chick. Her looks, attitude, demeanor just scream sexy in a sophisticaed sort of way.

Weltall

Thought Morena, Elizabeth and Laura did good

Laura always does good

S_D_J
I'm not all too sure if I ever saw the original (maybe I did erm )

Anyways, since I can remember any point of comparison, I have to say I loved the Pilot. I like the story, Morris reveal was a surprise, so was the cell. And finding out what do the V's really want has caught my attention

plus watching some more Eli Mitchel is always nice big grin

Smasandian

You would think that....but its not true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oort_cloud...and comets, and I thought there was moons orbiting distant planets caked in ice.

In the end, there is probably more water in the galaxy than there is on Earth. An alien species would not go out of its way to kill an entire species for water. Slaves I would guess but definitely not resources.

-Pr-
Just watched this.

Being a massive fan of the original, i was very wary of this re-imagining and whether it was going to be any good. In summary, not bad, but not great.

The reveal that whatsername from Lost's partner was a visitor, even if i saw it coming beforehand, was good.

I was so psyched for Morris Chestnut's character until they spoiled it with the twist.

The best part of the episode, bar none, imo, was the part just before Decker was to interview Anna, and she tells him her terms. Absolutely pitch perfect. Even the reaction on Decker's face was a CMOA for the episode.

No theme music, which sucked, and no Mike Donovan type character (which sucks even more). Honestly, this show needs a Mike and Julie, and a Ham Tyler. Just someone to fill that role.

i said to a friend weeks ago that having a mother and son as the central characters was going to bring in a wishy washy family element. guess i was right, even if it was hella predictable.

Looking forward to next week's, but so far, not a patch on the original, tbh.

Weltall
Originally posted by S_D_J
plus watching some more Eli Mitchel is always nice big grin

Why watch Eli Mitchel when you can watch Laura Dianne Vandervoort?!?!

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Weltall

"LDV" was Supergirl in Smallville last season.

MildPossession
So, again, they don't use the same music, or sort of music like in the original... going by the no theme comment above?

S_D_J
Originally posted by Weltall

why not watch both? naughty

-Pr-
Originally posted by MildPossession
So, again, they don't use the same music, or sort of music like in the original... going by the no theme comment above?

nope, they don't... sad

and they made painting the red V a sign of support for the visitors, not rebellion against them.

Bicnarok

I-Drop
nope, they don't... sad

and they made painting the red V a sign of support for the visitors, not rebellion against them. Wait for it.

MildPossession
Thank you. smile

-Pr-
Originally posted by I-Drop
Wait for it.

one can only hope...

BruceSkywalker
tonight's show was all right,, but i feel it should have been better

starlock
Having watched the first episode...i doubt i will even consider watching this.....it all felt so rushed and bland.......no tension..no suspense....that the original had. unless i just happened to catch it...or something in this thread gets my attention...this show is not even on my radar...bad pilot episode if you ask me

Weltall
The second wasn't that much better.

BruceSkywalker
decent show tonight..

i suspected and glad it was revealed about Anna being Lisa's mother

Firestorms
Really enjoying this series. Normally I hate remakes but something about V is working really well.

Kazenji
This show only started last week here

So far its an okay show.

BruceSkywalker
returns tonight after lost..

will anyone watch

-Pr-
definitely.

I-Drop
Yep

BruceSkywalker
i watched as well..

it was pretty good

Darth Vicious
I watched it but was kinda confussed as to why Kyle was a threat to them. It didnt looks as if he was that special.

That scene with the mouse was cool. It brought flashbacks of the original show when they first ate a mouse/rat.

That CGI at the end looked like something from the SyFy.

I-Drop
That soldier was damn tough.

queeq
The show's okay. I;m happy they didn't just remake the old show.

CGI sets in the ship are a bit dodgy though... No shadows.

Tptmanno1
Its, interesting, watchable but not amazing. Here's hoping it gets better.
Morena Baccarin never disappoints though.

queeq
True.

But you're right. It could get a little better. A lot is happening but all the plotlines are very short and it's beginning to lose its credibility.

I-Drop
Good news(only for V fans)

Tptmanno1
Maybe this will give them a sense of direction.
I'd like to see what they make of the virus.

Neo_Version 7
I still watch it but I can't help but think most of the characters are corny and pretty dull (see: the priest and the merc).

BruceSkywalker
the problem with this show is that it gets similar ratings as flashforward and it costs around the same.. with it returning they should keep costs down and have morena and laura in each show

Neo_Version 7
^ Preferably in bright coloured lingerie.

queeq
It's getting quite stale now... repetitious, uninventive and I'd like to see an alien by now.

The lingerie might help.

queeq
OKay, this series now officially begins to suck.

Neo_Version 7
The CGI is laughable.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
The CGI is laughable.

yeah it is.. it kind of begs the question, what exactly are they spending million of dollars on?

Darth Vicious
the problem with this show is that it gets similar ratings as flashforward and it costs around the same.. with it returning they should keep costs down and have morena and laura in each show
Morena Bacarin is gorgeous! She has a great figure.

BruceSkywalker
Morena Bacarin is gorgeous! She has a great figure.

yeah i agree, she is one of the hottest women on tv

queeq
True. But I'd like to see an alien for a change... And some decent story progression.

Neo_Version 7
I've had my fill of Morena on Firefly. More of her alien daughter. In underwear.

queeq
Or less.

Jack Daniels
I havent kept up at all on last one I saw they came out with the blue energy guessing it still sux..they should breath some old school life into...marc singer isnt doing anything these days I dont think...micheal ironside would be awesome...even robert englund....I would watch that episode

Kaibs
The new season starts next week.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kaibs
The new season starts next week.

new season starts on tuesday.. it isn't a bad show but seeing morena baccarin and laura vandervoort help

Kaibs
Haha yeah... IDK we'll see how the show goes. Hopefully it's a lot better. I enjoyed FlashForward better imo.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kaibs
Haha yeah... IDK we'll see how the show goes. Hopefully it's a lot better. I enjoyed FlashForward better imo.

so did i,, ABC coulda given the show a second season to wrap up everything... as for V, i agree

Kaibs
Well tonight's the night. I'll be watching it I guess. Nothing better to do tonight.

BruceSkywalker
just watched this...

thought it was all right...

good seeing jane badler at the end

Darth Vicious
just watched this...

thought it was all right...

good seeing jane badler at the end

Which was slightly spoiled as she was listed in the opening credits. It would've been better not to list her and keep it a surprised. Wonder how long before Marc Singer shows up. I wouldn't mind seeing him as an alien this time around. He probably ends up being Chad's father or something.

Kaibs
Just watched it. It was better than I thought. It makes no sense though that she'd randomly go down there to see if her mum was alive when she gave no indication at all. So next weeks episode better explain something. I also think Joshua remembers everything.

BruceSkywalker
Which was slightly spoiled as she was listed in the opening credits. It would've been better not to list her and keep it a surprised. Wonder how long before Marc Singer shows up. I wouldn't mind seeing him as an alien this time around. He probably ends up being Chad's father or something.

i have read that the producers do want others from the original to make guest appearances so yeah seeing marc singer would be nice.. same with robert england

-Pr-
Singer and Ironside. Please please please please please...

srankmissingnin
I know that she isn't but to me Laura Vandervoort, looks older than Morena Baccarin. I don't buy for a second that Morena could be Laura's mother...

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I know that she isn't but to me Laura Vandervoort, looks older than Morena Baccarin. I don't buy for a second that Morena could be Laura's mother...

Not to mention that one actually looks white and the other not so white. I dont mind Laura but I would rather see a brunette for the daughter or a really hot blonde for the mom.

Kaibs
Not to mention that one actually looks white and the other not so white. I dont mind Laura but I would rather see a brunette for the daughter or a really hot blonde for the mom.

Well the looks don't matter since they're wearing skin. But yeah I know what you mean.

darthmaul1
So with Diana the mother, she is the same character that was in the first show? so is the new V a kind of sequel to the original? we know from that last episode the v's have been on earth before. but if they were there with the ships as in the 80's show, how come no one remembers them?

Darth Vicious
I dont think its a sequel. Just finding cameos for original characters. I think it would be too much to explain if it was a sequel.

darthmaul1
I dont think its a sequel. Just finding cameos for original characters. I think it would be too much to explain if it was a sequel.

K but she is playing the same character! It may of been better if they had changed her name and had her as a cameo.

Darth Vicious
Besides the name/race, it could be a whole different character (played by the same person). I guess we should know more next week.

Just saw this on Wiki. Not sure how accurate or if it is even true.

Marc Singer as Lars Tremont (Season 2) – a member of a top secret organization of high-ranking military and government leaders who are preparing for a Visitor attack.

-Pr-
Besides the name/race, it could be a whole different character (played by the same person). I guess we should know more next week.

Just saw this on Wiki. Not sure how accurate or if it is even true.

Marc Singer as Lars Tremont (Season 2) – a member of a top secret organization of high-ranking military and government leaders who are preparing for a Visitor attack.

f*ck yeah!

-Pr-
what the lizards really look like (spoilers):

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/01/vs_visitors_show_their_scales.php

Kaibs
Very cool looking, although looks like a wannabe Xenomorph a bit.

queeq
Very indeed... also, tha anatomy look a bit weird to fit in such a well shaped female human shape... As women they do look yummy...

Darth Vicious
I was thinking the same thing. The ones from the original made sense because they look humanoid. These ones not so much. I wanna see how they actually fit into the skins.

queeq
Anna I think is quite big. I mean, she laid a LOT of eggs... Maybe they have flexible bodies. Even the skulls are shaped very differently from the human skulls. You could see that in the new episode.

I-Drop
That priest is a violent man. The video proves it smile

BruceSkywalker
finally watched this... decent,, i hope they really do show the V's in their true form

queeq
They already did a bit more: the baby, half a face of one of Anna's trustees... I'm sure we'll get to see them in full...

Darth Vicious
I'm liking this season so far. The only thing I can't stand is the whole soul thing. It'll be interesting to see if they do manage to remove the soul and the soulless ones turn out to be like Sam Winchester (Supernatural).

srankmissingnin
Hobbs should do something other than stand around and look badass...

Darth Vicious
Agreed. They need to follow up on his alliance with Anna's right hand guy.

queeq
I hope they keep it up. I felt it slide down a bit in episode 2 again. I felt season 1 certainly got stale very quickly.

darthmaul1
I was thinking the same thing. The ones from the original made sense because they look humanoid. These ones not so much. I wanna see how they actually fit into the skins.

i think it's getting stupid, with that they are not humanoid shape, but yet can have human skin and fit in it fine, and that they are not suppose to have emotion but because of the human skin they do? and the whole sole thing is just retarded.

-Pr-
At least we still have Marc Singer and his organisation to come in to it during season two...

BruceSkywalker
Hobbs should do something other than stand around and look badass...

i think that is all he is good for

At least we still have Marc Singer and his organisation to come in to it during season two...

that 'll be good

Darth Vicious

I believe in an interview with Morena Baccarin she said that he would show up during the season finale and would be a recurring character next season if there is one.

-Pr-
I believe in an interview with Morena Baccarin she said that he would show up during the season finale and would be a recurring character next season if there is one.

ah. coolies. i can't wait, personally. I hope they get Ironside in it as well.

srankmissingnin
Does it bother anyone that the Vs refer to themselves as Vs when they are in private with other Vs?

queeq
Originally posted by darthmaul1
i think it's getting stupid, with that they are not humanoid shape, but yet can have human skin and fit in it fine, and that they are not suppose to have emotion but because of the human skin they do? and the whole sole thing is just retarded.

It is...

But I do think it's more due to being among humans for a long time. Even though that too is rather dumb...

darthmaul1
Does it bother anyone that the Vs refer to themselves as Vs when they are in private with other Vs?

Yup! that is retarded too. as if they would be called V's. It would be like us going to another planet and not telling those inhabitants that our race are called humans.

-Pr-
well, "lizard people" isn't really appropriate.

queeq
I'm sure they have a name for themselves. Something like Ravenous Raptors... wink

queeq
Anyone still watching this?

-Pr-
Yep, every week.

Darth Vicious
Same here. Season finale tomorrow night. Marc Singer finally shows up.

-Pr-
Finally.

Badabing
Originally posted by queeq
Anyone still watching this? I'm really enjoying the show.

Lestov16
that finale was insane

MAJOR SPOILERS:

Damn! They killed off Diana, Ryan, and Tyler, of all people! Can't say I'm mad at that last death, but it was still extremely shocking. And ends with Anna blissing every human on Earth, Jack included, Hobbes just gone, and now Erica is working in allegiance with some MIB. I hope this show gets renewed, because otherwise this will be a huge downer ending

Darth Vicious
YESSSS! Tyler is gone! I couldnt stand the character/actor. Too whinny for my taste. Ana is merciless! Damn that woman has a great shape.

I-Drop
Very good episode.

BruceSkywalker
yeah last night's ep was very good..

queeq
I think the series is rather sluggish... but hey, watching the finale now.

Mindset
Last ep seemed rushed like they tried to smash everything in because they forgot they didn't haven any more eps this season.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Lestov16
that finale was insane

MAJOR SPOILERS:

Damn! They killed off Diana, Ryan, and Tyler, of all people! Can't say I'm mad at that last death, but it was still extremely shocking. And ends with Anna blissing every human on Earth, Jack included, Hobbes just gone, and now Erica is working in allegiance with some MIB. I hope this show gets renewed, because otherwise this will be a huge downer ending

You mean like the sarah conner chronicals? smile

I'm getting annoyed with it. but am still watching cause the wife is watching. but we were both saying how stupid tyler and erica are. If that was my kid i would tell him right away what the V's are and to stay the hell away.

-Pr-
It's much better than Sarah Conner chronicles imo.

The finale was a real push in terms of story, and i'm hoping we get a season three to see where it all went.

darthmaul1
Is the dude from the original V (mark singer?) is he playing the same person he played in the original?

-Pr-
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Is the dude from the original V (mark singer?) is he playing the same person he played in the original?

No. He's a new character.

He's a guy called Lars Tremont, that runs some sort of agency that's about humans saving the world from the V's, that has been monitoring them for years.

Badabing
Originally posted by queeq
I'm sure they have a name for themselves. Something like Ravenous Raptors... wink I'm rooting for the V's. They're my peeps. biscuits

Bicnarok

queeq
Wonder if we get some decent action in the next series.

-Pr-
Assuming it gets green-lit, i'd think so. The Fifth Column seems to be growing to the point where they can actually get in to fights.

They're gonna need a few new cast-members, though.

Bicnarok
Is this going to continue or cancelled due to bad ratings?

T.M
It's been cancelled.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.