Sly Cooper takes on a Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MooCowofJustice
This is going to be a Sly style gauntlet. In each fight, Sly does not have to fight his opponent if he can steal the item he is there for and escape without being noticed. Each item is guarded by Sly's opponent and whatever else I describe.

Just say if you think Sly can steal the item and get away or not. If he can't, can he beat his opponent?

The scenarios take place at night in every area.

Sly has had a week to gather data on the surrounding area and learn the location of the item.

1. Altair at the headquarters of the the Assasins. Sly has to steal the Piece of Eden. The Assasin's fort is inhabited by all the guards that live there normally.

2. Old Snake at some military base. Sly has to steal the blue prints to a Metal Gear. I've never played an MGS game, don't laugh. :P

3. The Best Snake at a different military base. Let's use Shadow Moses Island since I know of it through Brawl. Sly has to steal more blue prints to another Metal Gear.

4. Sam Fisher at...another military base...? I've not played Splinter Cell games either. I really don't know what to say here. If Sam has any special headquarters, use those. Sly has to steal a microchip that will help Bentley invent various items and gadgets.

ScreamPaste
Tough call, I heard Altair has some sort of special vision that might make this hard on Sly.

MooCowofJustice
I was kind of expecting Sam to have some Thermal Visor as well. That'd nullify Sly's invisibility.

Wei Phoenix
Do they know he is coming? I doubt they would be patrolling around like a world class thief was coming. So in that case he wouldn't just have the thermal goggles on unless he suspected someone was trying to steal it.

MooCowofJustice
They don't know who is coming. But they're ready with good security systems set up since all the items are coincidentally going to be collected the day after Sly attempts to steal them.

I'll fully equip Sly's opponents. Unless they get something thread breaking like heat seeking missiles / weaponry.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
They don't know who is coming. But they're ready with good security systems set up since all the items are coincidentally going to be collected the day after Sly attempts to steal them.

I'll fully equip Sly's opponents. Unless they get something thread breaking like heat seeking missiles / weaponry.

Also does Sly get any help from his crew like the turtle? Like help from the outside, no one coming in or setting up distractions.

MooCowofJustice
Sly has his binoc-u-com to communicate with Bentley if need be. But he gets no back up in a fight.

ScreamPaste
I wonder if Sly could take any of them in a fight.

MooCowofJustice
That's a debate in its own right.

Sly's got some really good combat agility, but he lacks a lot of serious strength. Strength is what they use Murray for.

Murray is badass by the way.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
That's a debate in its own right.

Sly's got some really good combat agility, but he lacks a lot of serious strength. Strength is what they use Murray for.

Murray is badass by the way.

Murray vs Chris Redfield!

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I wonder if Sly could take any of them in a fight.

Depends, do we give him the Toonforce?

ScreamPaste
I just mean, like, if he got caught sneakign around, could he handle them? Or would that insta-fail his criteria in this thread?

MooCowofJustice
Well, if he gets caught. He can still move on by beating them in a fight or if he can outrun them without being tracked.

ScreamPaste
I think toonforce is a cop out of a reason to disregard a feat. BT tries to use it on Link's strength feats all the time, too.. Lol. Which are obvious cases of /not/ toon force.

I personally think toonforce should be strikken from KMC, a feat's a feat, whether the game is OMGSRSBZNS or not.

MooCowofJustice
Well, if we exclude Toonforce in this, Sly Cooper is a raccoon that can toss around Rhino's and rather large Elk. He can also take several hits from bullets, and run around an opponent fast enough to open a hole in the ground through which his opponent falls to their demise.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I think toonforce is a cop out of a reason to disregard a feat. BT tries to use it on Link's strength feats all the time, too.. Lol. Which are obvious cases of /not/ toon force.

I personally think toonforce should be strikken from KMC, a feat's a feat, whether the game is OMGSRSBZNS or not.

The only version of Link I would think has toonforce is WW. The other ones don't come close to resembling a toon at all.

ScreamPaste
Even in Windwaker the story is very serous, and there's no toonforce at all.

Edit: Let's not hijack.

I say allow Sly toonforce feats.

Wei Phoenix
Bump.

MooCowofJustice
I think having "Sly Cooper" in the title just makes people look away.

Wei Phoenix
Provided you would already have over 500 posts if Kain, Sephiroth, Link or Kratos was running this same gauntlet.

ScreamPaste
I doubt it, if most of them were to try and steal things people would be like "Laaaame!"

I like this thread, but I don't know enough to make a judgement call.

MooCowofJustice
I actually thought about doing that. But I can't see how Kain, Sephiroth, Link or Kratos would make good people to track an invisible opponent.

I figured characters from Stealth games would make this more fun.

Maybe it's not too late to add a fifth person.

ScreamPaste
Link's got the lens of truth, which basicly acts like Sam Fisher's goggles, and Altairs.. vision thingy. Kratos .. I dunno. He probably keeps anythign valuable in his underwear anyway. Kain? I could see him gettign stolen from. Sephiroth keeps dying, so he doesn't own things.

MooCowofJustice
If I made Sly try to steal from Kain it'd be something that Kain needs for most of his powers. I'm really sick of BT debating the same things over and over again with Kain. If I delve into that, I'll need to make it more interesting.

Wei Phoenix
How about the Master Emerald from Knuckles?

MooCowofJustice
Wutsitdo?

Wei Phoenix
http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Emerald

I don't know much aside from what I just found but I just know that Knuckles guards it religiously. That's his main purpose. It's also pretty big, so Sly couldn't just place it in his pocket.

MooCowofJustice
I don't think I can do that then. That's condemning Sly to fight Knuckles, who he won't beat. We already know that.

MooCowofJustice
Okay. I'm going to bump this thread with a fifth person.

Sonic on Angel Island. Sly has to steal a Chaos Emerald. Thank god for that Paraglide.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.