Team Ninja vs Team Master (Street Fighter)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Team Ninja (Ryu Hayabusa, Kasumi, Ayane and Hayate) take on the four masters in Street Fighter (Gouken, Akuma, Gen and Sagat) in a four-on-four match inside the Monarch Room.

Who wins?

Nemesis X
I think I'll vote the team that has the guy who can punch islands.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I think I'll vote the team that has the guy who can punch islands.

Akuma isn't beating Hayabusa. Teleportation, ninpo, dragon sword, Izuna drop!

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Akuma isn't beating Hayabusa. Teleportation, ninpo, dragon sword, Izuna drop!

Match is strictly hand-to-hand. To spice things up, no ninpo or ki attacks.

ScreamPaste
Which means no island busting.

Wei Phoenix
Hayabusa is still too fast, all of the ninjas are.

StyleTime
With weapons and ninpo this is probably a stomp, but strictly hand to hand combat is a tough call. It is difficult to guage hand to hand prowess when the fighters aren't from the same game but are near the top of their respective games.

If we give Street Fighter the benefit of the doubt, I could see a 5/5 split. Without it, Gen may prove a hinderance to the team. As per the usual though, DOA has the speed and teleportation advantage.

If you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick, I guess I'd go with Team Ninja. Gen might get dropped early on which leaves one ninja free to assist the others.

goldjoker
akuma, gen, sagat and gouken wins

Q'Anilia
Non-constructive bumping sucks.

Overdose
Honestly, the SF side has too many powerful peeps on it. Switch akuma, gen, and gouken wit other folks and that would be cool. Hayabusa is SUPER FAST and is really the only guy on the ninja squad wit SUPER speed feats. The others are damn fast but they don't make the match seem like Zangief VS Sonic.

Team Ninja is faster tho, but team SF is more powerful, noticeably more powerful while the DOA catz are just reasonably faster. Ayane seemed to turn into light at one point (not sure) but you can't do any real damage when your made of light (if that's what it was).

Ninpo would help but seein' as how Hayabusa is the only cat to be seen usin' it at a respectable level, doesn't really boast well for the rest of the team. IMO, even wit ninpo, they still go down kinda hard. You got Akuma thrwoin' out damn near 20 fireballs in a second and all that other shit we've come to know and love or hate on and all of it witout goin' Shin. Akuma alone could take the DOA guys on by himself (wont win cuz of Hayabusa who is pretty close to Akuma, IMO). Then you have Gouken who can fight Akuma inside of an eruptin' volcano and the man can punch a river off of a water fall and survive the SGS AFTER gettin' hit it. Gen can hit you wit an attack that gives you 10 secs to live and moves fast enough to create tornadoes wit his body and the dude is like 70 yrs old wit leukemia and can survive a sealin fallin' on'em. Sagat's the weak link but he aint bad either. Man nearly killed Adon in weakened state. Killed a Grizzly bear wit a Tiger Uppercut and created a small tremor at the same time.

IMO, Team SF takes this, give Hayabusa his weapons or take the masters outta this bout and then the fight would be better.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Overdose
Ninpo would help but seein' as how Hayabusa is the only cat to be seen usin' it at a respectable level, doesn't really boast well for the rest of the team. IMO, even wit ninpo, they still go down kinda hard.

IMO, Team SF takes this, give Hayabusa his weapons or take the masters outta this bout and then the fight would be better.
With ninpo and weapons allowed, Team Ninja stomps Team Master. That's why Snafu changed the stipulations. Ayane becomes a massive threat when put on a team. Add in the fact that her team consists of people she works with regularly, and Team Master is doomed. Team Ninja need only defend Ayane for about 4 seconds while she powers up. She would then one shot the Street Fighter team.

Team Ninja basically auto-wins with ninpo and/or weapons.

I don't want to derail this thread, but it needed to be said.

NemeBro
Literally everyone on team 2 can one-shot anyone on team 1.

Overdose
Originally posted by StyleTime
With ninpo and weapons allowed, Team Ninja stomps Team Master. That's why Snafu changed the stipulations. Ayane becomes a massive threat when put on a team. Add in the fact that her team consists of people she works with regularly, and Team Master is doomed. Team Ninja need only defend Ayane for about 4 seconds while she powers up. She would then one shot the Street Fighter team.

Team Ninja basically auto-wins with ninpo and/or weapons.

I don't want to derail this thread, but it needed to be said.
...And you felt the need to tell me this, why? If you gotta a problem wit my opinion go find a shrink. Don't talk to me cuz I can't help you.

I stated what I thought as did you. I have no intentions of arguin' wit you about how the DOA guys will o will not win. Akuma can quite literally wipe out team 1 in one move no prep, no charge...instantly. Team 2 can sit back and watch Akuma destroy the entire battle field in 1 move, ninpo and all. laughing out loud

If you think that any of the DOA cats can survive Island destroyin', submarine, ship smashin, and mountain splittin' attacks just cuz they have ninpo. Then we don't even need to engage each other

StyleTime
I had to restore my computer to factory defaults. sad

Originally posted by NemeBro
Literally everyone on team 2 can one-shot anyone on team 1.
I agree wholeheartedly that Akuma can. I don't see anyone else doing it. Obivously, not everyone agrees with me. I'm always interested in others' opinions in stuff like this though. Why do you feel that way?
...And you felt the need to tell me this, why? If you gotta a problem wit my opinion go find a shrink. Don't talk to me cuz I can't help you.

I stated what I thought as did you. I have no intentions of arguin' wit you about how the DOA guys will o will not win. Akuma can quite literally wipe out team 1 in one move no prep, no charge...instantly. Team 2 can sit back and watch Akuma destroy the entire battle field in 1 move, ninpo and all. laughing out loud

If you think that any of the DOA cats can survive Island destroyin', submarine, ship smashin, and mountain splittin' attacks just cuz they have ninpo. Then we don't even need to engage each other
I did it simply to stimulate discussion. I don't have a "problem" with your opinion. You are entitled to it and I welcome your input. I can understand you not wanting to begin an argument here. I tend to avoid large "I'm right/you're wrong" arguments these days as well. Informative discussions are generally more beneficial to all parties involved. Also, we save money on shrinks.

Akuma could most certainly destroy the battlefield. I don't think he'd wipe the whole team out at once though. He'd honestly only succeed in destroying his own team that way. The ninja could simply teleport to safety and come back to fight him as a group.

I never said any of that. Obviously, they'd go down if struck.

NemeBro
Gouken is Akuma's level, Gen's style bypasses physical defense and attacks internally, Sagat is just really really manly(Yeah...), Gouki can solo with these stips.

Overdose

Akuma could most certainly destroy the battlefield. I don't think he'd wipe the whole team out at once though. He'd honestly only succeed in destroying his own team that way. The ninja could simply teleport to safety and come back to fight him as a group.

I never said any of that. Obviously, they'd go down if struck. Er debate turns into an argument 'round here, which is why I rarely engage. I understand your points, but I do not agree for reasons already stated.

The thing about this is, most of the cats on Akuma's side have fought'im before and are officially around his level. I think they can avoid Akuma hittin'em wit his attacks. Team ninja can teleport away, but what is stoppin' Akuma from Asura Senku'in to avoid attacks as well. Team Ninja is gonna have to spend the entire match runnin' cuz most guys on Team 2 have "1 shot near-instant human killer moves."

StyleTime
Originally posted by NemeBro
Gouken is Akuma's level, Gen's style bypasses physical defense and attacks internally, Sagat is just really really manly(Yeah...), Gouki can solo with these stips.
Oh, I didn't realize you were talking about the original stipulations. The reason I think that match is close is due to the hand to hand rules. All of Akuma's "one hitter quitters" I've seen appear to require ki. Since this is basically a vale tudo match, a quick (one shot) victory seems unlikely for either team.

You do bring up an interesting point about Gen though. That may be enough to sway things towards his team.
Er debate turns into an argument 'round here, which is why I rarely engage. I understand your points, but I do not agree for reasons already stated.

The thing about this is, most of the cats on Akuma's side have fought'im before and are officially around his level. I think they can avoid Akuma hittin'em wit his attacks. Team ninja can teleport away, but what is stoppin' Akuma from Asura Senku'in to avoid attacks as well. Team Ninja is gonna have to spend the entire match runnin' cuz most guys on Team 2 have "1 shot near-instant human killer moves."
Still, they don't have a way to avoid large scale attacks from Akuma. I agree that Asura Senku would help Akuma though.

In an everything(weapons,etc) goes fight, the biggest problem for Team SF is that Akuma and Gouken are basically fighting alone. Noone on on Team 2 can block swords. You're right that Gen can be dangerous but he can also be taken down at range where he is useless. Sagat can't one shot anyone while the ninja can all cut his throat quite easily. In all honesty, two of the ninja could just teleport behind Sagat and Gen and slit their throats at the start. Gouken and Akuma would be too busy with the other two to help. It's then 2 against 4.

What's funny is, I'd agree with you if DOA didn't get weapons/ninpo but SF got to use ki. I just think with all their tools allowed, the ninja are just a bad matchup for this group. It'd basically be four expert fighters vs four expert fighters with swords and other weapons. I am not saying that the ninja are more "powerful" or anything.

NemeBro
Oh, I didn't realize you were talking about the original stipulations. The reason I think that match is close is due to the hand to hand rules. All of Akuma's "one hitter quitters" I've seen appear to require ki. Since this is basically a vale tudo match, a quick (one shot) victory seems unlikely for either team.

You do bring up an interesting point about Gen though. That may be enough to sway things towards his team. Gouki's entire style requires Ki, the Satsui no Hadou is ki. I assumed he meant no special techniques that use Ki, like the KKZ or the Shoryuken for instance. He used no specific attack to destroy the island.

StyleTime
I got ya. I don't think he wanted a spite thread, so I assumed he meant no ki at all. Snafu will have to clear it up for us.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Match is strictly hand-to-hand. To spice things up, no ninpo or ki attacks.

Just as I've said. Special moves that does not fire off anything are allowed. Offensive ki and ninpo attacks are banned. Defensive ki and ninpo moves are allowed.

StyleTime
So any attack that features ki as the vehicle for damage is banned?

Yeah, I'll side with Nemebro. This match is basically set up for the ninja to lose. Team Master loses projectiles, but that was never really what they relied on here. Akuma is still allowed to ki amp to island sinking levels, instant hell murder, ashura senku etc. Team Ninja has no real "defensive" ninpo so their options are very limited here. They could pull a few wins though.

Team Master 8/10 unless the ninja teleport to the other side of the battlefield and wait for the match end. They could force a stalemate.

Overdose
Still, they don't have a way to avoid large scale attacks from Akuma. I agree that Asura Senku would help Akuma though.

In an everything(weapons,etc) goes fight, the biggest problem for Team SF is that Akuma and Gouken are basically fighting alone. Noone on on Team 2 can block swords. You're right that Gen can be dangerous but he can also be taken down at range where he is useless. Sagat can't one shot anyone while the ninja can all cut his throat quite easily. In all honesty, two of the ninja could just teleport behind Sagat and Gen and slit their throats at the start. Gouken and Akuma would be too busy with the other two to help. It's then 2 against 4.

What's funny is, I'd agree with you if DOA didn't get weapons/ninpo but SF got to use ki. I just think with all their tools allowed, the ninja are just a bad matchup for this group. It'd basically be four expert fighters vs four expert fighters with swords and other weapons. I am not saying that the ninja are more "powerful" or anything. They don't have to avoid the attack. Seein' as how they have faced Akuma before and lived, I would assume that they can simply withstand it.

They don't have to block the swords, they can simply move outta the way. Gen is a very skilled assassin who can easily kill weapon wielding ninja, he used to do it for a living. There is actually a canon back story in the SF comic wit a ninja blowin' a poison dart from behind, Gen catches it and hits the ninja in the throat and kills'em. And ninjas don't actually teleport, it's actually an illusionary tactic, this is why when ninjas "teleport" there is always smoke or leaves. They leave it behind so that your eye focuses on those objects while they simply move outta eye sight. It's not like they can vanish in Chicago and appear in Tokyo in seconds. I can assure you that it wont be as easy as you make it sound to sneak up behind Gen. Gen can also sense chi so he really doesn't have to see you to know where you are.
I must say, I can't really speak fro Sagat, tho. He's better than Ryu but that's about it. They may can take him out.

My point was simply, the weapons are just weapons for all but Hayabusa. A sword, kunais and ninja style magic chi blasts won't turn the gang into super saiyins. SF has Geki and Ibuki and Ibuki, quite honestly, has done pretty much er thang the DOA guys have done AND she uses weapons in-game, she is also the FG genre's most traditional/realistic ninja and she's not even near top of the line. Hayabusa is an exception, we know many of Hayabusa's weapons grant him power ups and such but I've not seen that for the others.

Overdose
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Just as I've said. Special moves that does not fire off anything are allowed. Offensive ki and ninpo attacks are banned. Defensive ki and ninpo moves are allowed. So no Hadoukens?

StyleTime
They don't have to avoid the attack. Seein' as how they have faced Akuma before and lived, I would assume that they can simply withstand it.

They don't have to block the swords, they can simply move outta the way. Gen is a very skilled assassin who can easily kill weapon wielding ninja, he used to do it for a living. There is actually a canon back story in the SF comic wit a ninja blowin' a poison dart from behind, Gen catches it and hits the ninja in the throat and kills'em. And ninjas don't actually teleport, it's actually an illusionary tactic, this is why when ninjas "teleport" there is always smoke or leaves. They leave it behind so that your eye focuses on those objects while they simply move outta eye sight. It's not like they can vanish in Chicago and appear in Tokyo in seconds. I can assure you that it wont be as easy as you make it sound to sneak up behind Gen. Gen can also sense chi so he really doesn't have to see you to know where you are.
I must say, I can't really speak fro Sagat, tho. He's better than Ryu but that's about it. They may can take him out.

My point was simply, the weapons are just weapons for all but Hayabusa. A sword, kunais and ninja style magic chi blasts won't turn the gang into super saiyins. SF has Geki and Ibuki and Ibuki, quite honestly, has done pretty much er thang the DOA guys have done AND she uses weapons in-game, she is also the FG genre's most traditional/realistic ninja and she's not even near top of the line. Hayabusa is an exception, we know many of Hayabusa's weapons grant him power ups and such but I've not seen that for the others.
Eh... Gen really only survived SGS. I sincerely doubt he or Sagat could survive and all out assault from Akuma.

I see what you're saying. To be honest, I just mentioned the teleport+ stab combo to say how they could get a couple of wins. I don't think it would work on Gen everytime. Still, I don't see him, or Sagat, dodging the blades long enough to win. Team Ninja is just plain faster than Team Master. It's impressive that Gen caught the dart, but Team Ninja really is more dangerous than that. For example, they all have explosive kunai/arrows/etc. Gen would be forced to dodge since catching those is unwise. I'm not saying that alone wins the match; I am simply illustrating one way in which they are above the ninja Gen fought.

As for the mechanics of teleporting, you are right. It's not some genetic ability like Nightcrawler's. Still, it allows them to avoid all damage and to travel. I'm honestly unsure if they can swiftly teleport from Chicago to Tokyo, but they have shown the ability to travel to a specific spot when they want.

Hayabusa has a solo game, so he has more feats. Hayate, despite having the weakest feats, has beaten Hayabusa before. Both Kasumi and Ayane have beaten Hayate. They are all peers. The weapons will provide them about the same advantage they would Hayabusa. It won't make them super saiyins, but it does bump them up a tier or two. It also makes them bad matchups for a lot of fighters.

Ibuki would lose to any of Team Ninja and she has not replicated their acheivements. She is cool, but her slightly more realistic abilities are actually why she is weaker than they are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.