Worst actor/actress choice for a movie portrayal of a comic book character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
What comes quickly to mind is spider man the movie. The actor choice for spider man and MJ was horrible.

Mr Parker
agreed,well said.I also put Michael Keaton and George Clooney as Batman up there.Keaton did not have the right physical build or even come close to fitting the part and Clooney is one ugly looking dude and not much of an actor.someone else that comes to mind as a bad choice for a comicbook character would be the actress who played Supergirl.She hardly looked like a supergirl being short and skinny like she was.Another one that comes to mind is Tonya Roberts as Sheena.They had to dye her hair blond and she dissapeared from hollywood on the acting scene very quickly after that.so did the actress that played Supergirl as well now that I think about it.That may have even been the only movie she was ever in matter of fact.

Myth
Clooney = Batman
Chris O'Donnell = Robin
Alicia Silverstone = Batgirl
Arnold Schwarzeneggar = Mr. Freeze
David Hasselhoff = Nick Fury
Shaq = Steel
Halle Berry = Catwoman

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Myth
Clooney = Batman
Chris O'Donnell = Robin
Shaq = Steel
Halle Berry = Catwoman

agreed

Kotor3
Originally posted by Myth
Clooney = Batman
Chris O'Donnell = Robin
Shaq = Steel
Halle Berry = Catwoman

Good picks. Parker you know I like the 1989 Batman but I cannot disagree that Keaton was a bad choice, he really was. Let us not forget about the X-men.

Quincy
Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man.

Mairuzu
Agreed with everyone besides Quincy haermm

you fail.

Justin Chatwin as Goku (if this counts)

Kristen Kreuk - Chun li

Nicholas cage - Ghost Rider

Topher grace - Eddie Brock

Billy Dee Williams - Harvey dent (Is that racist?)

Samuel L. Jackson - Nick Fury

Darth Martin
Anybody can rattle off names. The thread asks for the worst........and in my opinion that would probably have to be Justin Chatwin as Goku in Dragonball Evolution.

Originally posted by Quincy
Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man. All of us are entitled to are own opinions but damn............

Breakdance
Originally posted by Mr Parker
agreed,well said.I also put Michael Keaton and George Clooney as Batman up there.Keaton did not have the right physical build or even come close to fitting the part and Clooney is one ugly looking dude and not much of an actor.someone else that comes to mind as a bad choice for a comicbook character would be the actress who played Supergirl.She hardly looked like a supergirl being short and skinny like she was.Another one that comes to mind is Tonya Roberts as Sheena.They had to dye her hair blond and she dissapeared from hollywood on the acting scene very quickly after that.so did the actress that played Supergirl as well now that I think about it.That may have even been the only movie she was ever in matter of fact.

Michael Keaton was the best thing about the first two Batman films. He was the perfect choice for the role.

Mr. Rhythmic
Jessica Alba - Invisible Woman
Julian McMahon - Dr. Doom
Nick Nolte - David Banner
The entire cast of "Ghost Rider"
Halle Berry - Catwoman
Topher Grace - Eddie Brock
George Clooney - Batman
Shaq - Steel
Gene Hackman - Lex Luthor

Impediment
Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson. She. is. Oooogly.

Nick Cage as Ghost Rider. Dude cannot act worth a damn. His one exception is Leaving Las Vegas.

MildPossession
Oh I agree with Halle Berry as Catwoman, horrendous movie and horrible casting. And fire the costume designers.

Mairuzu
All time worst imo has to be George Cloony as Batman

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Quincy
Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man.

disagree

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mairuzu

Samuel L. Jackson - Nick Fury

How is that a bad choice ?

you do know all about the Marvel Ultimate universe.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Kazenji
How is that a bad choice ?

you do know all about the Marvel Ultimate universe. its freakin samuel l jackson

ComicsGoddess
Halle Berry, easily. In any comic book role she's been in.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Jessica Alba - Invisible Woman
Julian McMahon - Dr. Doom
Nick Nolte - David Banner
The entire cast of "Ghost Rider"
Halle Berry - Catwoman
Topher Grace - Eddie Brock
George Clooney - Batman
Shaq - Steel
Gene Hackman - Lex Luthor

Your list was good until you included this one - Gene Hackman - Lex Luthor

Placidity
Hmm I disagree with many of these. Just because a movie is fail doesn't necessarily mean its the actor's fault.

Also, Downey Jr as Ironman was probably one of the best actor choices...

I'll go with Topher Grace as Venom. I mean all the other villains have had excellent casts - Willem Dafoe as GG, Alfred Molina as Ock was brilliant and James Franco was not bad either. The only good thing about Venom was the CGI fights... Every time the symbiote revealed his face it was fail.

Alpha Centauri
It's so disturbing that seven years on, Mr. Parker still has a burning hatred for the Spider-Man movie. Seriously, get over it.

Nick Cage was great in Face/Off, Raising Arizona and Adaptation. Ghost Rider, though? No.

Worst besides that; anyone in the Fantastic Four, Daredevil (Except Michael Clarke Duncan, he was good. As was Favreau as Foggy).

To top it all: Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut. Literally is nothing justifiable about casting him as Juggernaut.

-AC

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Breakdance
Michael Keaton was the best thing about the first two Batman films. He was the perfect choice for the role.

thats the riot of the century. laughing

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Kotor3
Your list was good until you included this one - Gene Hackman - Lex Luthor

We agree on this as well Kotor.I also liked Myths list as well.How on earth could I have forgotten about O'donnel in Batman Forever.He single handedly ruined that film for me.Well him and Jones both.Cant forget Tommy Lee Jones as Two face either.surprising that nobody ever mentioned him.

Kotor3
Tommy Lee Jones as Two face. How could I have forgotten?

Mairuzu
Wasn't as bad as the first batman movie

Mairuzu
I'm gonna change my choice to nick cage - ghost rider

Kotor3
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Wasn't as bad as the first batman movie

I know I am going to hear from Parker or someone else, even though Keaton look wise was not a good choice the movie was good. TDK that was bad. C. Bale good choice for Batman, however performance in TDK, horrific.

Mairuzu
i meant the actor that played harvey dent

Wanderer11
George Clooney

Breakdance
Originally posted by Mr Parker
thats the riot of the century. laughing

Do you even like comic book movies?

Quincy
Oh I never came back to this thread to say I was joking

dadudemon
Originally posted by Placidity
Also, Downey Jr as Ironman was probably one of the best actor choices...

I agree, thoroughly.

Of all comic book to movie characters, his was the best portrayal. When I saw him start to do his thing on screen, talk, pontificate, etc. I was like, "WOAH! WTF! Now THAT'S Tony Stark."

Of course, Downey Jr. did put his own spin on Tony Stark's character...but he did the best job of making it seem like the real comic book character.

Some may say Heath Ledger as the Joker. I disagree greatly. Sure, Heath Ledger was f*cking AWESOME as the joker, but it wasn't comic book Joker.

Some Christopher Reeves as Superman. I disagree. He came off too stiff. However, Reeves DID play the best Superman to date, by far.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.