World'sFunniest Mxyzptlk runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gobstakid777
lets see how powerful he is
Original Ion
Eternity
Superman Prime 1 Million
Michael/Lucifer
Living Tribunal
HOTU
Elaine Belloc
Man of Miracles
Pre Retcon Beyonder

Knowsbleed33
Gets stopped at Michael and Lucifer.

guy222
Mike or Lucy FTW

shokosugi
Originally posted by guy222
Mike or Lucy FTW

AlmightyKfish
Lucifer and Michael stop him...

The Dark Cloud
What everyone else said, and Prime should be before Eternity on the list

KuRuPT Thanosi
What are you people taling about... I see AT LEAST 4 people that beat him with little difficulty

Xplosive
HOTI should be in the last place.
Anyway, against whom he surely cannot win is:

HOTU
Elaine Belloc
Man of Miracles
Pre Retcon Beyonder

Enyalus
Uh, Mxy went to Heaven in WF. And trashed that shit and the angels included. Lucy and Michael aren't stopping him.

HOTU either beats or stalemates.

supremthor
Beats everyone expect Michael/Lucifer, Living Tribunal, HOTU

celestialdemon
Michael and Lucifer stop him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Enyalus
Uh, Mxy went to Heaven in WF. And trashed that shit and the angels included. Lucy and Michael aren't stopping him.

HOTU either beats or stalemates.

I never knew Mxy in WF went to heaven and faced off against Michael or ever faced off against Lucy. When did this happen? IMO both beat him and without much issue.

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I never knew Mxy in WF went to heaven and faced off against Michael or ever faced off against Lucy. When did this happen? IMO both beat him and without much issue. mxy/bat-mite were only shown battling one another at the gates of heaven - not within the 'actual' bounds of heaven itself. and iirc, aside from those two, the only other characters depicted in that one panel were perry white and jimmy olsen - ie. none among the 'true' heavenly host were ever shown.

and like i've said in other threads, sure mxy could throw a creation-busting attack at michael/lucifer, but they've both easily endured the big bang of a multiverse at ground zero, without so much as a scratch to show for it.

that said, the most mxy could do to mike/lucy is stalemate them. thus, he stops there.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
mxy/bat-mite were only shown battling one another at the gates of heaven - not within the 'actual' bounds of heaven itself. and iirc, aside from those two, the only other characters depicted in that one panel were perry white and jimmy olsen - ie. none among the 'true' heavenly host were ever shown.
I'd go back and look if I had it on me, but I had thought there were one, if not two angels flying around during Mxy and Bat-mite's little scuffle. And afterwards they destroyed it, so...they pwn'd Heaven. That tells me they're above either Lucy or Mxy.

That 'multiversal' big bang, Mike had to die to create. Granted, Lucy was standing right there when it went off...But, the whole multiversal thing was a retcon, what, 50+ issues later? It was originally a single universe.

Unless you count the instance where Michael swatted the Spectre away in DC (and, I'm not even clear if there's a consensus on it being the same Michael as in Vertigo, or a different being entirely), Michael and Lucy didn't impress me as much as WF Mxy did.

KuRuPT Thanosi
mxy/bat-mite were only shown battling one another at the gates of heaven - not within the 'actual' bounds of heaven itself. and iirc, aside from those two, the only other characters depicted in that one panel were perry white and jimmy olsen - ie. none among the 'true' heavenly host were ever shown.

and like i've said in other threads, sure mxy could throw a creation-busting attack at michael/lucifer, but they've both easily endured the big bang of a multiverse at ground zero, without so much as a scratch to show for it.

that said, the most mxy could do to mike/lucy is stalemate them. thus, he stops there.

interesting. I was wondering how you see or feel mxy does against the LT, HOTU and Elaine Galan?

Philosophía
Stops at Lucifer or Michael.

galactusischere
Originally posted by supremthor
Beats everyone expect Michael/Lucifer, Living Tribunal, HOTU

Pre-retcon beyonder is more powerful than all of the above.

Galan007
I'd go back and look if I had it on me, but I had thought there were one, if not two angels flying around during Mxy and Bat-mite's little scuffle. And afterwards they destroyed it, so...they pwn'd Heaven. does not god also reside in heaven? if so, i have a hard time believing he too was owned. *shrug*

That 'multiversal' big bang, Mike had to die to create. Granted, Lucy was standing right there when it went off... the fact that michael had already reformed on the very next page, none the worse for wear, tells me he could have easily tanked the big bang, as lucifer did. not to mention the fact that michael/lucifer have always been portrayed as equals in all areas - and are really only differentiated by their very unique demeanors.

But, the whole multiversal thing was a retcon, what, 50+ issues later? It was originally a single universe. it doesn't really matter when the retcon happened, the point is: it happened. that said, the story/plot was altered in such a way that lucifer's creation = a multiverse. thus, the big bang released from michael must have had sufficient energy to create said multiverse.

Enyalus
does not god also reside in heaven? if so, i have a hard time believing he too was owned. *shrug*
Dunno. From my limited grasp of DC cosmogony, I've only seen The Voice dwell in Heaven.

the fact that michael had already reformed on the very next page, none the worse for wear, tells me he could have easily tanked the big bang, as lucifer did. not to mention the fact that michael/lucifer have always been portrayed as equals in all areas - and are really only differentiated by their very unique demeanors.
Yeah, I don't dispute that. I forgot we were talking about durability here. embarrasment

it doesn't really matter when the retcon happened, the point is: it happened. that said, the story/plot was altered in such a way that lucifer's creation = a multiverse. thus, the big bang released from michael must have had sufficient energy to create said multiverse.
Ghey.

Still think Mxy was vastly more impressive.

Galan007
Dunno. From my limited grasp of DC cosmogony, I've only seen The Voice dwell in Heaven. you have seen the voice?!

damn. you're good! stick out tongue

Yeah, I don't dispute that. I forgot we were talking about durability here. embarrasmentthumb up

Ghey.

Still think Mxy was vastly more impressive. as far as displayed power output is concerned, i completely agree. mxy easily vaporized the entirety of DC, then recreated it all with a snap. but when considering the force that mike/lucy have already tanked, it's hard to imagine mxy being able to do more than stalemate them..

Enyalus
damn. you're good! stick out tongue
I'm going to profile that some day, completely out of context.

as far as displayed power output is concerned, i completely agree. mxy easily vaporized the entirety of DC, then recreated it all with a snap. but when considering the force that mike/lucy have already tanked, it's hard to imagine mxy being able to do more than stalemate them..
Ah, so your stance is kinda like mine in the Abraxas vs. AM thread? Mxy has more power, but WTF is he going to be able to do to put them down?

Galan007
Ah, so your stance is kinda like mine in the Abraxas vs. AM thread? Mxy has more power, but WTF is he going to be able to do to put them down? not really. in the case of lucifer, i see him having an advantage for more reasons than just his uber durability. meaning, he should be able to warp nigh-anything most characters could throw at him - his powerset and feats are certainly suggestive of such. abraxas, however, cannot make that type of claim, based on his feats/showings

shokosugi

I'd go back and look if I had it on me, but I had thought there were one, if not two angels flying around during Mxy and Bat-mite's little scuffle. And afterwards they destroyed it, so...they pwn'd Heaven. That tells me they're above either Lucy or Mxy.

That 'multiversal' big bang, Mike had to die to create. Granted, Lucy was standing right there when it went off...But, the whole multiversal thing was a retcon, what, 50+ issues later? It was originally a single universe.

Unless you count the instance where Michael swatted the Spectre away in DC (and, I'm not even clear if there's a consensus on it being the same Michael as in Vertigo, or a different being entirely), Michael and Lucy didn't impress me as much as WF Mxy did.

Enyalus you liar.

Enyalus
not really. in the case of lucifer, i see him having an advantage for more reasons than just his uber durability. meaning, he should be able to warp nigh-anything most characters could throw at him
You're saying Lucy's a better reality/energy/matter warper than Mxy??

Because if you mean talking him down and confusing or tricking the hell out of him, I would agree.

Enyalus
Originally posted by shokosugi
Enyalus you liar.
Hm?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hey Galan,

How do you see Mxy doing against LT, HOTU and Elaine?

Philosophía
Being capable of producing (Michael) and taking (Lucifer) the creation destroying/making blasts (Thanos w/THOTU if you actually belive he destroyed/recreated all of Marvel) are, for all intents and purposes, the ultimate feats in my eyes. Thus why I have both Michael & Lucifer just below Supreme Beings. (And the Cosmic Superman/Mandrakk.. but that's something different)

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by shokosugi
Enyalus you liar.

Supes isn't a factor in this thread so why are you posting Shoko?

KuRuPT Thanosi

Enyalus

Philosophía
Uh, why?

That was one multiverse. And not the large-ass mainstream one. Not all of DC. You're comparing it to, if you actually believe it, someone who created/destroyed all of the mainstream Marvel Universe.

Mxy's feat in World's Funnest would be closer to what Thanos w/ HOTU did...

Terminology is irrelevant. Just because its totality has evolved/is called a Multiverse/Megaverse/Omniverse, it still sprang from the original Big Bang.

Michael was about to destroy the whole of creation before he got out into the void, where he exploded into yet another Big Bang that had only been seen when the original Big Bang took place. Essentially, what Thanos w/THOTU did Michael did twice and no limit was actually shown (and hasn't even been implied to have one, actually its the contrary) to how many times he could have done it.

What Mxy did is impressive but, in the end, if we consider the Lucifer series in the same Universe with the Mxy/main DCU one (eventough they aren't, though they do share many similarities) then Mxy himself, along with the 5th dimension, are a by-product of Michael's power.

Enyalus

Philosophía

Galan007
You're saying Lucy's a better reality/energy/matter warper than Mxy?? lucifer wanted mike's energies to be transformed into a multiverse, and so, they were. this leads me to believe that if he wanted mxy's creation-destroying energies to transform into a can of pickles they also would. infinite will is a b*tch like that.

however, that's not to say mxy would be incapable of doing the same thing to lucifer's attacks. get what i'm saying?

gobstakid777
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.