Havok vs Blackbolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peterlane
Havok is sundipped.

1. Blackbolt can't scream only whisper
2. Blackbolt uses a full power scream like he did to Vulcan which Vulcan later reformed from and forced him to scream again.

The Nuul
What the f**k?

BB stomps.

Kris Blaze
Havok, for obvious reasons smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
Black Bolt stomps in both the first scenario and second. The only thing Havok did was one shot Vulcan beat the crap out of him with ease. Not really impressive seeing as Polaris has one shot him as well, and as well as Gladiator.

Honestly, that fight was one of the worst written crap I've read in a while. Up there with Loeb's Thor vs Rulk debacle. sick

Enyalus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Honestly, that fight was one of the worst written crap I've read in a while. Up there with Loeb's Thor vs Rulk debacle. sick
Agreed. Abbett does some solid stuff, but WoK 6 made me cringe.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Enyalus
Agreed. Abbett does some solid stuff, but WoK 6 made me cringe.

When did Vulcan get such an amp and when did Black Bolt get such a downgrade? I mean, a Black Bolt at base can one shot Namor when pissed, yet when taken to a whole new level of angry, he just breaks some of Vulcan's teeth? Black Bolt can overpower Gladiator, and has done so twice, at base, yet Vulcan is choking him? The same Vulcan whose been effortlessly manhandled by Gladiator...

Don't even get me started on the scream. Since when is Black Bolt's scream akin to Banshees. A single word can annihilate half a planet when agitated, yet when pissed to the brink, his scream doesn't even destroy a freaking space ship and incinerate Vulcan?

This is the same Vulcan who gets one shotted by Polaris, Havok, and so on.

That fight was just....

facepalm

Peterlane
All because you hate Vulcan lol. The guy who soled the X-Men and The Imperial Guard and the highest complemets from Adam Warlock .

Thats sad, at least you can be happy that he is dead.

P.S Gladiator is at least Silver Surfer level, so Vulcan being one shotted by a guy he wasn't ready for on the level Gladiator is, is to be expected.

Vulcan wins though

Survivor19
Never happened.

Also never happened.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Peterlane
All because you hate Vulcan lol. The guy who soled the X-Men and The Imperial Guard and the highest complemets from Adam Warlock .

Thats sad, at least you can be happy that he is dead.

P.S Gladiator is at least Silver Surfer level, so Vulcan being one shotted by a guy he wasn't ready for on the level Gladiator is, is to be expected.

Vulcan wins though

I don't hate Vulcan. It was just stupid. I've read every appearance of his, and he just suddenly got bumped up to a new level, while Black Bolt was pissed on.

Solo the X-men? You mean the Vulcan who can take on Cyclops and his daughter as I recall, with his team mates powers, then turns tail into space, once he loses the upgrade, and starts getting his ass handed to him, by Colossus, and meets a team compromised of some one worth note as I recall? The Imperial Guard are a bunch of jobbers and he didn't solo the roster. He beat some cannon fodder. Nice. Then he meets someone who is actually a mid tier and gets his ass handed to him.

It's not sad, it's just realistic. This guy gets one shotted by freaking Polaris.

P.S. That same Gladiator couldn't put Black Bolt down, physically alone, and was being overpowered twice. That was at base. If Black Bolt can take him on physically, and spin him on a loop with his other powers easily, then just by based on your logic, why the hell is Vulcan even on Black Bolt's radar?

Wins against who? Cyclops and the likes? Why not....

Peterlane
He gets one shotted by Polaris who has had a huge bump in power. Polaris one shotted him because he wore a Metal suit. I'm sure if anyone under low-heral level was wearing a metal suit, she would crush them to bits.
Gladiator would beat BB 1 on 1 he is high-hreald level.

Vulcan is on BB level because he can control the enrgies BB controls and is better at it. BB only hope against Vulcan was his scream A>B>C is silly logic here. Vulcan sucked Adam Warlock dry.
The only think in that fight that was kinda ridicoulous was Vulcan's higher durabiltity, but it looked like he was amping himself up with energy anyways. It was a well written fight, and the only reason people hate it is because they detest Vulcan so much that the thought of him even touching BB makes them cringe.

Anyways Havok wins the 1st one but im not sure about the second.

celestialdemon
Blackbolt wins.

Original Smurph
Black Bolt stomps.

Peterlane
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Blackbolt wins.

Against someone who can absorb whole stars? Explain please. IMO nothing short of a scream could kill Havok. But Havok could one shot him

Survivor19
Strange, because he didn't demonstrated that AT ALL when they fought.
BB's energy attacks, both focused through antennae, and scream as well, were getting to Vulcan just fine.

Hello there? People are referring to their actual fights, with BB overpowering Glads physically without even resoting to scream. And what are YOU referring to? Wake up.
Admit your errors already.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He gets one shotted by Polaris who has had a huge bump in power. Polaris one shotted him because he wore a Metal suit.

She never got any bump in power. What's your definition of metal? I don't recall that suit as being metal.

Gladiator would beat BB 1 on 1 he is high-hreald level.

facepalm

Nice logic. Black Bolt is on that level too by the way. Black Bolt was gaining ground over him, physically at base. Twice. That was where Gladiator shines, and Black Bolt still was holding his ground and gaining ground. Black Bolt left unharmed, while Gladiator was covered in cuts and bruises. The only time he used his other powers his spun Gladiator on a loop.

Vulcan is on BB level because he can control the enrgies BB controls and is better at it.

Prove it. Black Bolt as a toddler, was in full control of his powers. As a freaking new born, he was using matter and energy manipulation, to create freaking toys such as rattles out of the air molecules and so on. He has absolute control of his electron manipulation abilities to the point he could and can manipulate matter and energy. Prove to me, Vulcan has better control than him. That is just baseless. Even in a fight fully of stupidity, Black Bolt was still getting him just fine.

BB only hope against Vulcan was his scream A>B>C is silly logic here. Vulcan sucked Adam Warlock dry.

Black Bolt's only hope isn't his scream. He should beat the crap out of Vulcan just using his plain fists. If he can gain ground on the same Gladiator that freaking stomped Vulcan in two casual hits, then I highly doubt that, that his only chance is his scream.

The only think in that fight that was kinda ridicoulous was Vulcan's higher durabiltity, but it looked like he was amping himself up with energy anyways. It was a well written fight, and the only reason people hate it is because they detest Vulcan so much that the thought of him even touching BB makes them cringe.

That entire fight was ridiculous. When has Vulcan ever shown the knowledge or ability to amp himself physically? I mean like ever. He at best has enhanced durability. Show me where in that fight it indicates Vulcan using his powers to amp himself. At all.

If you think that was a well written fight, then you must also think that Loeb is a genuis when it comes to writing comics.

People detest and cringe at the thought of Vulcan touching Black Bolt because he shouldn't be able to. Period. I've read every single appearance of both of them, and Vulcan should not even show up on Black Bolt's radar.

Anyways Havok wins the 1st one but im not sure about the second.

Havok does not win the first one. He loses both. Black Bolt doesn't need his quasi-sonic voice to win. Throwing in his voice, even just a whisper is unnecessary. A whisper can rip apart continents on the other side of a planet.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Against someone who can absorb whole stars? Explain please. IMO nothing short of a scream could kill Havok. But Havok could one shot him

Absorb entire stars? Where the hell did you get that from? Havok has not even done anything close to that, even once. If by Star your definition is that pyrokinetic lunatic that Vulcan has on his leash, then yes, he has absorbed a Star.

Peterlane
The Hodin destroys planets effortlessly because they are living stars. Havok sapped it dry.

Read when Polaris 1 shotted Vulcan, she called him an Idiot for wearing a metal suit.

Original Smurph
Against someone who can absorb whole stars? Explain please. He can't absorb whole punches.

It's a fairly simple process of Black Bolt beating him to a pulp.

celestialdemon

What does that have to do with anything? Silver Surfer can absorb stars, too, yet he still gets beaten by people who can't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Hodin destroys planets effortlessly because they are living stars. Havok sapped it dry.

Read when Polaris 1 shotted Vulcan, she called him an Idiot for wearing a metal suit.

That Hodin, destroyed entire planets? When. He only appeared shortly, and I don't recall him doing that much destruction. Yes, they are formed in ways such as Stars. Emitting radiation Havok can siphon and so on.

I have the scans from when she attacks him to when they flee. Basically the entire fight. I don't have the whole comic unfortunately because my digital collection is unavailable at the moment, so I can't double check your statement. From what I see, the only thing metal, is his crown, belt and gauntlets, as his costume was bending as he moved. Of course, I am willing to concede that this is a costume made by an interstellar race, and my definition of metal does not fit theirs, so I'll give you that.

Peterlane
That Hodin, destroyed entire planets? When. He only appeared shortly, and I don't recall him doing that much destruction. Yes, they are formed in ways such as Stars. Emitting radiation Havok can siphon and so on.

I have the scans from when she attacks him to when they flee. Basically the entire fight. I don't have the whole comic unfortunately because my digital collection is unavailable at the moment, so I can't double check your statement. From what I see, the only thing metal, is his crown, belt and gauntlets, as his costume was bending as he moved. Of course, I am willing to concede that this is a costume made by an interstellar race, and my definition of metal does not fit theirs, so I'll give you that.

It destroyed the space port planet they were on with ease.

But anyways this fight isn't about Vulcan its about Havok the strongest Summers brother.

Rage.Of.Olympus

But anyways this fight isn't about Vulcan its about Havok the strongest Summers brother.

Yes, space port planet. So no, he didn't destroy entire planets.

Havok loses.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gotta run, have a dinner to get too. We will continue this when I have another chance to log back in.

WhiteWitchKing

Vulcan is the strongest Summers brother, not Havok. Black Bolt rips Havok apart. His whisper is not solar energy and so Havok has no defense against that. Bolt 8/10.

Peterlane
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Vulcan is the strongest Summers brother, not Havok. Black Bolt rips Havok apart. His whisper is not solar energy and so Havok has no defense against that. Bolt 8/10.

Havok could counter a whisper with solar energy.

Original Smurph
Havok could counter a whisper with solar energy. When has Black Bolt's voice ever been countered by somebody shooting energy at it?

lolwut?

That's not how this works.

Havok gets one-shotted.

The Pict
When did Vulcan get such an amp and when did Black Bolt get such a downgrade? I mean, a Black Bolt at base can one shot Namor when pissed, yet when taken to a whole new level of angry, he just breaks some of Vulcan's teeth? Black Bolt can overpower Gladiator, and has done so twice, at base, yet Vulcan is choking him? The same Vulcan whose been effortlessly manhandled by Gladiator...

Don't even get me started on the scream. Since when is Black Bolt's scream akin to Banshees. A single word can annihilate half a planet when agitated, yet when pissed to the brink, his scream doesn't even destroy a freaking space ship and incinerate Vulcan?

This is the same Vulcan who gets one shotted by Polaris, Havok, and so on.

That fight was just....

facepalm

QFT

leonidas
hmm, havok is being pretty underrated here. havok has generated some pretty uber force fields, and his blasting power is very high. i don't see bb getting a chance at h2h, not with havok unleashing on him. it'd be voice v blast in a quickdraw, and bb would win it, but havok might be able to shield it, at least partially, especially amped as he is in this thread. havok has a definite chance, imo.

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, havok is being pretty underrated here. havok has generated some pretty uber force fields, and his blasting power is very high. i don't see bb getting a chance at h2h, not with havok unleashing on him. it'd be voice v blast in a quickdraw, and bb would win it, but havok might be able to shield it, at least partially, especially amped as he is in this thread. havok has a definite chance, imo.

yet he was barely high meta when we fought in the tourney.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Prep-Man
black bolt.

Peterlane
Originally posted by Digi

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yet he absorbs suns, a heral level feat

roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi

roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud

funny how that happens.

batdude123

roll eyes (sarcastic)

He was being sarcastic. No need for the smug attitude.

Original Smurph

roll eyes (sarcastic) Funny, I thought that would be a herald level feat.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Peterlane
Originally posted by batdude123
He was being sarcastic. No need for the smug attitude.

I wasn't being smug. Thats why I used the smilie embarrasment

carver9
Everyone that has been mentioned in this thread is being underrated.

Gladiator, being a mid tier, thats funny. Almost all of the people listed in the high herald list doesnt have the feats gladiator has.

Moving planet size meteors. Flying out of a solar system destroying blast without even a scratch on him. On panel statements of him blitzing at light speed. On panel statements of him flying 100 times the speed of light. Planet destroying strength. At least 5 statement of him being physically the most powerful being in the universe (dont agree with this but it being said 5 times, sh**). Being stated 3 times of having near unlimited strength and the list goes on.

Black bolt being listed as a mid tier, where did this come from? Black bolt matter manipulating powers alone puts him in the high herald list. Thats not including what he is physically. Now black bolt it powerful and I agree, he can give almost anyone a fight physically, but him overpowering gladiator, a being with almost limitless potential, that should never happen. I'm not going to underestimate bb though, I agree, he would give anyone on the high herald list a run for there money physically, some I could see him taking but I just cant see him beating glads though.

Havok; you all are taking away from on panel statements. It basically said that havok was a walking star. Thats powerful if you ask me and that gives him more rights to be in the high herald list with that statement alone. Silver surfer tried to absorb a star and almost exploded, havok had no problem doing this and handled all of that energy just fine. That was a good showing for both Vulcan (due to him fighting someone with that much energy) and Havok.

Vulcan; I'm not even going to go here, I'm just going to say this, read up on what marvel comics thinks of Vulcan and you'll see why he survived all that he did during that series.

Peterlane
Originally posted by carver9
Everyone that has been mentioned in this thread is being underrated.

Gladiator, being a mid tier, thats funny. Almost all of the people listed in the high herald list doesnt have the feats gladiator has.

Moving planet size meteors. Flying out of a solar system destroying blast without even a scratch on him. On panel statements of him blitzing at light speed. On panel statements of him flying 100 times the speed of light. Planet destroying strength. At least 5 statement of him being physically the most powerful being in the universe (dont agree with this but it being said 5 times, sh**). Being stated 3 times of having near unlimited strength and the list goes on.

Black bolt being listed as a mid tier, where did this come from? Black bolt matter manipulating powers alone puts him in the high herald list. Thats not including what he is physically. Now black bolt it powerful and I agree, he can give almost anyone a fight physically, but him overpowering gladiator, a being with almost limitless potential, that should never happen. I'm not going to underestimate bb though, I agree, he would give anyone on the high herald list a run for there money physically, some I could see him taking but I just cant see him beating glads though.

Havok; you all are taking away from on panel statements. It basically said that havok was a walking star. Thats powerful if you ask me and that gives him more rights to be in the high herald list with that statement alone. Silver surfer tried to absorb a star and almost exploded, havok had no problem doing this and handled all of that energy just fine. That was a good showing for both Vulcan (due to him fighting someone with that much energy) and Havok.

Vulcan; I'm not even going to go here, I'm just going to say this, read up on what marvel comics thinks of Vulcan and you'll see why he survived all that he did during that series.

I agree with everything you just said.

Blanket
Moving planet size meteors. Flying out of a solar system destroying blast without even a scratch on him. On panel statements of him blitzing at light speed. On panel statements of him flying 100 times the speed of light. Planet destroying strength. At least 5 statement of him being physically the most powerful being in the universe (dont agree with this but it being said 5 times, sh**). Being stated 3 times of having near unlimited strength and the list goes on. Having trouble with teenage Colossus. Getting KO'ed by gun lazahs. Getting hurt by Gambit. Etc.

He's evidently not the most physically powerful being in the universe, so why even bring it up (you don't even agree with it... actually, you probably do).

Difference is that Surfer tried to absorb all the energy he could from a red giant sun. Havok was siphoning off energy from a blue sun, and absorbed Hodinn... not a full sun, and most certainly not a red giant sun.

Good showing for Vulcan? Both times Havok fought him powered up, Vulcan was never in the fight... and both times Havok had massive amounts of energy coursing through him, visibly, and Vulcan knew this.

And how does absorbing enough energy to make you powerful make you a high herald? He needs a huge power source to go up to these levels... We might as well make Surfer abstract level because he can manipulate the big crunch energies. Sure he can reach high levels, but not on his own.

carver9
Originally posted by Blanket
Having trouble with teenage Colossus. Getting KO'ed by gun lazahs. Getting hurt by Gambit. Etc.

He's evidently not the most physically powerful being in the universe, so why even bring it up (you don't even agree with it... actually, you probably do).

Difference is that Surfer tried to absorb all the energy he could from a red giant sun. Havok was siphoning off energy from a blue sun, and absorbed Hodinn... not a full sun, and most certainly not a red giant sun.

Good showing for Vulcan? Both times Havok fought him powered up, Vulcan was never in the fight... and both times Havok had massive amounts of energy coursing through him, visibly, and Vulcan knew this.

And how does absorbing enough energy to make you powerful make you a high herald? He needs a huge power source to go up to these levels... We might as well make Surfer abstract level because he can manipulate the big crunch energies. Sure he can reach high levels, but not on his own.

Lets not use low showing because I'm pretty sure every character on this forum has those. Gladiator has proven to many times of having limitless strength and we was told this numerous of times in a comic.

When did he have trouble with Colossus, if you're referring to Classic colossus, the one back in the days that they called the immovable object. The one back in the days during secret wars that was teamed with the most powerful beings in the universe survived a blast that koed every person out there and was still standing then........

Go to Classic Colossus respect thread and look at his feats, back in the days he was easily a top tier.

Show me Gladiator getting koed by lasers.

I'm not saying that gladiator is the most powerful being in the universe but nova said it, it was recently said during the vulcan war, Cyclops said it, Professor x said it, etc....

I agree with your Havok comment but Havok during that Arc was extremely powerful, along with Vulcan. Both are being underrated if you ask me.

Blanket
Lets not use low showing because I'm pretty sure every character on this forum has those. Gladiator has proven to many times of having limitless strength and we was told this numerous of times in a comic.

When did he have trouble with Colossus, if you're referring to Classic colossus, the one back in the days that they called the immovable object. The one back in the days during secret wars that was teamed with the most powerful beings in the universe survived a blast that koed every person out there and was still standing then........

Go to Classic Colossus respect thread and look at his feats, back in the days he was easily a top tier.

Show me Gladiator getting koed by lasers.

I'm not saying that gladiator is the most powerful being in the universe but nova said it, it was recently said during the vulcan war, Cyclops said it, Professor x said it, etc....

I agree with your Havok comment but Havok during that Arc was extremely powerful, along with Vulcan. Both are being underrated if you ask me. Yes, so let's use high showings instead. amirite carv?

Yet he was weaker then he is now. Point.

If you insist
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/UncannyX-Men-107_14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/UncannyX-Men-107_15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/UncannyX-Men-107_18.jpg

So, doesn't that show how we shouldn't put much support in statements? Since well, you know, he isn't the most powerful anything in the universe.

Maybe, but overrated if you start comparing them to Surfer.

Peterlane
Whenever Gladiator and Surfer meet don't they stalemate?

carver9
Yes, so let's use high showings instead. amirite carv?

Yet he was weaker then he is now. Point.

If you insist
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/UncannyX-Men-107_14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/UncannyX-Men-107_15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/owned/UncannyX-Men-107_18.jpg

So, doesn't that show how we shouldn't put much support in statements? Since well, you know, he isn't the most powerful anything in the universe.

Maybe, but overrated if you start comparing them to Surfer.

I'm going to show you two things that makes that a low showing.
http://img358.imageshack.us/i/silversurferv3082271ob.jpg/

Swimming through a 100 million wide star undamaged.

http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/1434/gladiatornuclearinferno2uc.jpg

I love this, showing gladiator emitting cosmic energy.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2195/gladiatorvssilversurfer029iz.jpg

Blanket
I'm going to show you two things that makes that a low showing.
http://img358.imageshack.us/i/silversurferv3082271ob.jpg/

Swimming through a 100 million wide star undamaged.

http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/1434/gladiatornuclearinferno2uc.jpg

I love this, showing gladiator emitting cosmic energy.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2195/gladiatorvssilversurfer029iz.jpg Point = over your head

Also, the last scan is not even close to canon.

Peterlane
Point = over your head

Also, the last scan is not even close to canon.

WHy not?

Blanket
WHy not? Because everything about it was a different universe?

darthgoober
WHy not?
Because it's from Marvel Adventures, and that series isn't canon to 616.

Peterlane
Originally posted by darthgoober
Because it's from Marvel Adventures, and that series isn't canon to 616.

Thanks for explaining

Rage.Of.Olympus
Havok could counter a whisper with solar energy.

Right because, you can counter a wide spread, electron/particle interaction with a solar based energy blast.....

Peterlane
Right because, you can counter a wide spread, electron/particle interaction with a solar based energy blast.....

If he unleases alot of it I dont see why not.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If he unleases alot of it I dont see why not.

Exactly how would he be able to stop an attack of such magnitude, and an attack based on particle/electron interaction, by releasing a lot of energy at random? His efforts would be better served trying to form something akin to a force field, but I don't think that would do him too much good, seeing what Black Bolt's voice has been capable off.

Peterlane
Exactly how would he be able to stop an attack of such magnitude, and an attack based on particle/electron interaction, by releasing a lot of energy at random? His efforts would be better served trying to form something akin to a force field, but I don't think that would do him too much good, seeing what Black Bolt's voice has been capable off.

I wasn't talking about a scream, I was talking about a whisper. Sentry tanked a whisper just fine. I think a sun dipped Havok could, besides Solar energy isn't the only thing he can absorb.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I wasn't talking about a scream, I was talking about a whisper. Sentry tanked a whisper just fine. I think a sun dipped Havok could, besides Solar energy isn't the only thing he can absorb.

So what? A whisper, has ripped apart continents on the other side of the planet, and atomized an entire city(ies). He can annihilate half a word just by speaking. His voice depends on his emotional state, mainly anger from what I've seen. The angrier he gets, the more power he exerts.

When has Sentry ever taken Black Bolt's voice? Never happened.

When has a sun dipped Havok shown the durability needed to withstand such an attack?

I know that, but what does being able to absorb other types of energy have anything to do here?

Peterlane
So what? A whisper, has ripped apart continents on the other side of the planet, and atomized an entire city(ies). He can annihilate half a word just by speaking. His voice depends on his emotional state, mainly anger from what I've seen. The angrier he gets, the more power he exerts.

When has Sentry ever taken Black Bolt's voice? Never happened.

When has a sun dipped Havok shown the durability needed to withstand such an attack?

I know that, but what does being able to absorb other types of energy have anything to do here?

Sentry took BB voice in silent wars. He tanked a whisper.

Sundipped Havok has no durability feats because 1nce he amps himself up he owns.

Havok being able to absorb different types of energy means he could probable absorb some of the force of a whisper.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Sundipped Havok has no durability feats because 1nce he amps himself up he owns.

Havok being able to absorb different types of energy means he could probable absorb some of the force of a whisper.

Barring the stupidity of that arc, as somehow Black Widow for heaven's sake somehow survived his whisper along with the other Avengers, and the whisper was portrayed like Banshee's sonic scream and not as his quasi-sonic scream, Sentry never tanked the scream in that fight. He didn't want to fight Black Bolt and stood out of the way as I recall. He never tanked it.

Although that showing would make sense if it was a Skrull. Was it a Skrull during that time?

facepalm

Nice logic there. It fails. He has no durability feats to suggest that he can tank a whisper.

When has Black Bolt's scream ever been absorbed by someone and when has Havok, shown the ability to absorb something akin to a particle/electron interaction. You made that up.

Peterlane
Barring the stupidity of that arc, as somehow Black Widow for heaven's sake somehow survived his whisper along with the other Avengers, and the whisper was portrayed like Banshee's sonic scream and not as his quasi-sonic scream, Sentry never tanked the scream in that fight. He didn't want to fight Black Bolt and stood out of the way as I recall. He never tanked it.

Although that showing would make sense if it was a Skrull. Was it a Skrull during that time?

facepalm

Nice logic there. It fails. He has no durability feats to suggest that he can tank a whisper.

When has Black Bolt's scream ever been absorbed by someone and when has Havok, shown the ability to absorb something akin to a particle/electron interaction. You made that up.

1. I never said Sentry tanked a scream, Find the quote where I said that
2. Havok absorbed the brunt on an electric/magnetic type blast by Vulcan, that would have killed him.
3. Again I am not talking about his scream I am talking about a WHISPER.

WhiteWitchKing

Havok lacks the durability to compete with Bolt. He's been knocked out by Gladiator and Darkhawk. Against Black Bolt, once BB's attacks connect Havok will be in trouble.

Peterlane
Havok lacks the durability to compete with Bolt. He's been knocked out by Gladiator and Darkhawk. Against Black Bolt, once BB's attacks connect Havok will be in trouble.

And BB has been knocked out by Gladiator aswell. Your point?

Rage.Of.Olympus
1. I never said Sentry tanked a scream, Find the quote where I said that
2. Havok absorbed the brunt on an electric/magnetic type blast by Vulcan, that would have killed him.
3. Again I am not talking about his scream I am talking about a WHISPER.

1. Nitpicking. I meant whisper and not scream. You should now that as in regards to the topic. Besides he never tanked a whisper either.
2. So what? It was an energy based attack. It doesn't mean he can do so against Black Bolt's "whisper".
3. Again I meant whisper. I'll be more specific.

The Nuul
BB stomps.

Peterlane
Originally posted by The Nuul
BB gets stomped.

I agree

The Nuul
Mr troll please don't put your filth around my name again.

Don't quote me again.

iceman24567
Black Bolt tears Havok apart.

Blanket
The whisper wasn't even directed at him, as Sentry stood out of the way...

Peterlane
Originally posted by The Nuul
Mr troll please don't put your filth around my name again.

Don't quote me again.

Quoted.

@The Null: I'm going to scan it right now

Original Smurph
lolwut?

Sentry wasn't even in the path of the whisper. He was just feeling the after effects even while he was way up in the air, avoiding any real harm.

As for Havok's "defense", the idea of a solar blast deflecting a scream is ludicrous. The scream is wide spread, nearly instantaneous, and intangible... when has a blast of energy even had effect on Black Bolt's vocals?

It'd be like trying to solar blast at telekinesis.

lulz

WhiteWitchKing

With help from White Noise. Nice try though. BB's also physically matched Thor, Hulk, Namor, Ikarus, & Thing.

And my point is...
http://h.imagehost.org/t/0481/War-of-Kings-Ascension-04-pg-05.jpghttp://h.imagehost.org/t/0780/War-of-Kings-Ascension-04-pg-06.jpg

BB eventually connects and wins.

Peterlane
With help from White Noise. Nice try though. BB's also physically matched Thor, Hulk, Namor, Ikarus, & Thing.

And my point is...
http://h.imagehost.org/t/0481/War-of-Kings-Ascension-04-pg-05.jpg

BB eventually connects and wins.

Nice try but thats not a sun dipped Havok

Rage.Of.Olympus

Context. Gladiator had help, as Black Bolt's powers were canceled out while he wasn't expecting it. Before that, Black Bolt had Gladiator on his knees chocking him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nice try but thats not a sun dipped Havok

And what feats does a Sun dipped Havok have to say he can survive a slap from Black Bolt?

More raw power doesn't equate to superior durability.

Peterlane
And what feats does a Sun dipped Havok have to say he can survive a slap from Black Bolt?

More raw power doesn't equate to superior durability.

It usually does in marvel. Name a special case in Marvel and I will conceed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It usually does in marvel. Name a special case in Marvel and I will conceed.

Cyclops. Him utilizing more raw power than natural doesn't equate to superior durability. Or how about Xavier. He uses Cerebro to increase his telepathic raw power and doesn't get an amp in durability. There a tons of such cases if I dig.

Peterlane
Cyclops. Him utilizing more raw power than natural doesn't equate to superior durability. Or how about Xavier. He uses Cerebro to increase his telepathic raw power and doesn't get an amp in durability. There a tons of such cases if I dig.

I conceed. It was a pretty dumb thread considering Havok has never even been hit while sun dipped

Rage.Of.Olympus
I conceed.

Of course you do.

Peterlane
Of course you do.

Why you don't believe me?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why you don't believe me?

I do. I was just rubbing it in.

Ambient
Originally posted by Original Smurph
It'd be like trying to solar blast at telekinesis.
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6932/xmen181uy2.th.jpg http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9963/xmen181bjy2.th.jpg

Its not a solar blast but he did stop a tk assault..

As for this fight, BB for majority diff. not a stomp dough..

leonidas
Originally posted by Ambient
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6932/xmen181uy2.th.jpg http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9963/xmen181bjy2.th.jpg

Its not a solar blast but he did stop a tk assault..

As for this fight, BB for majority diff. not a stomp dough..

laughing out loud

i was wondering when you were gonna show up. most definitely NOT a stomp and havok can take a couple i think. outta character for bb to scream right off the bat, while it is NOT outta character for havok to blast the holycrap outta everything and everyone. smile

Ambient
Taa dahh.. lol

Right and its not unheard off for someone absorbing BB's scream, Nova (Richard) certainly was able to do so, i don't see why Havok can't..

Ahh, running late..

leonidas
Originally posted by Ambient
Taa dahh.. lol

Right and its not unheard off for someone absorbing BB's scream, Nova (Richard) certainly was able to do so, i don't see why Havok can't..

Ahh, running late..

i wasn't sure about havok's absorbing feats--didn't know if he'd absorbed that type of energy before--so i didn't bring it up. if he could do that, i'd give him the decided edge in this battle.

Ambient
I'm not quite familiar with the type of energy BB's uses for his energy blast or if his able to fire diff. forms of energy to act as concussive force. Its quite possible; from gamma to EM to stellar.. etc.. Those Havok could absorb, his also capable of absorbing some unique form of energy like say collapsing energy, energy stream, thermal..

Also Havok is probably the only character in Marvel that I've seen capable of putting up a forcefield while blasting at the same time inside that field, it looks like the blast is formed within the walls of the field..

-Pr-
Tempted to close this for spite. any objections?

batdude123
Don't.

Peterlane
It was never spite, thats why I added 2 different scenario's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.