colnetus...? (magneto + colossus) vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
basically, magneto amalgamated with the x-man, with complete control of both powers, vs superman.

fight in the U.N. building.

carver9
Why are you giving Magneto upgrades?

Peterlane
Originally posted by carver9
Why are you giving Magneto upgrades?

Yeh he already wins. This is overkill.

batdude123
lulz

Tattoos N Scars
phantom zone projector ftw!!!...although Supes' wouldn't need it..lol

psycho gundam
well, what i was going for is the ability to now reshape and reform his body from scraps or if it gets deformed somehow. also, magneto can augment his physical strength by supplanting it with energy he channels/absorbs. he can get to the 100 ton bracket with that ability, added to colossus' already strong body, i assume he'd be pretty hard to put down.

another couple of new things would be the ability to integrate metals from nearby to his bulk, or just liquidate himself and enter superman's cardiovascular system and start messing shit up (colossus' brain, organs, and fluids become metallic versions of their organic counterparts). technically this amalgam should be able to move quite fast since magnetic fields being radiation travel at the speed of light, he wouldn't be that fast since he's material, but he would be extremely nimble and elusive when need be.

add the shield and magneto's other normal powers and he's quite the threat.

carver9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
well, what i was going for is the ability to now reshape and reform his body from scraps or if it gets deformed somehow. also, magneto can augment his physical strength by supplanting it with energy he channels/absorbs. he can get to the 100 ton bracket with that ability, added to colossus' already strong body, i assume he'd be pretty hard to put down.

another couple of new things would be the ability to integrate metals from nearby to his bulk, or just liquidate himself and enter superman's cardiovascular system and start messing shit up (colossus' brain, organs, and fluids become metallic versions of their organic counterparts). technically this amalgam should be able to move quite fast since magnetic fields being radiation travel at the speed of light, he wouldn't be that fast since he's material, but he would be extremely nimble and elusive when need be.

add the shield and magneto's other normal powers and he's quite the threat.

You do know that doctor poloris has owned supes twice not even maxing two panels.

Magneto is >> doctor poloris.

Whats to stop Magneto from sensing supermans power source and eliminating his bio force field and out right just use every piece of sharpnel around ripping superman the hell up.

Dont say this cant happen because on panel proof proves this. Doctor poloris has taken away supes bio force field, blinded him, etc....

Magneto wins this plain and clear without his upgrades.

Timslar
I guess someone beat me to it when I came on to say that Magneto wins. I suppose I'll settle for explaining how, then.

The powers of Colossus isn't really a factor here. The idea sounds pretty cool- Magneto the Colossus... but in this fight they're not needed based on the nature of the characters' powers.

Magneto's ability is the generation and manipulation of electromagnetic energies. Since Superman gets his powers from an aspect of electromagnetic energy (Radiation from the sun) that falls under Magneto's control.

Magneto is well known for his multitasking skills; he's often shown defending and attacking simultaneously. So having his forcefield up while he drains Superman, while also stopping him from absorbing more sunlight shouldn't be an issue. Since Magneto can see far more of the electromagnetic spectrum than we can (We see visible light, a very small part) he would be able to see how Superman gets his power in order to stop it.

After that it's Magneto vs. Clark Kent... and at that point it doesn't really matter how Magneto decides to finish it. If it were me, I'd blast him with red sunlight radiation just for the lawls.

Just a quick edit: The only reason why it's an easy win for Magneto is because of the nature of the characters' powers. Magneto controls Superman's powersource. If Superman's powers came from magic or something the situation would be drastically different.

K-Dog
Yes, Colnetus or whoever wins, although I don't know about that being able to liquefy himself stuff...neither Magneto or Colossus can have that done to them without killing them now so an amalgram would be the same I would think.

batdude123
I love how when people explain why Magneto beats Superman, it's because he pulls out some over-the-top, exuberant powers that he's never even demonstrated before on-panel. Lawlz.

Peterlane
Originally posted by batdude123
I love how when people explain why Magneto beats Superman, it's because he pulls out some over-the-top, exuberant powers that he's never even demonstrated before on-panel. Lawlz.

Sounds alot like Naruto Forums.

But Magneto has performed those powers on panel before.

batdude123
Originally posted by Peterlane
Sounds alot like Naruto Forums.

But Magneto has performed those powers on panel before.

What Timslar suggested has never been done by Magneto before.

Peterlane
What Timslar suggested has never been done by Magneto before.

Yeh i didn't read the part about blasting him with red sun radiation.

But Magneto is quite the multi-tasker.

batdude123
Originally posted by Peterlane
Yeh i didn't read the part about blasting him with red sun radiation.

But Magneto is quite the multi-tasker.

Yes, I'm quite aware.

Timslar
That part of my argument was only a speculation as to how he could end the fight. Magneto doesn't need to blast Superman with red sun radiation to win when Superman is powerless.

Red sun radiation is part of the electromagnetic spectrum which Magneto controls. Magneto has used gamma rays, microwaves, visibile light, among others. He uses his powers as they're needed. Why would he have specifically used red sun radiation when he doesn't have an enemy to use it against? The evidence is there that he can access that energy. If you know your EM spectrum you know there is a high end and a low end. If Magneto can use the high end, and the low end, and what is inbetween on panel, why do you doubt it?

If he had an enemy to use red sun radiation against, he would have. Would you have believed he controlled gamma rays before he used it against the Hulk?

It is certainly within his power, and only one way that he could win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Adding Colossus' powers is pretty redundant in my opinion. Magneto can amp himself to the point even when really weakened, shrugs of punches to the face from guys like Colossus and so on. Durability wise, with his force field it's also pretty much redundant.

Magneto has a good chance of beating Superman on his own.

batdude123
Originally posted by Timslar
That part of my argument was only a speculation as to how he could end the fight. Magneto doesn't need to blast Superman with red sun radiation to win when Superman is powerless.

Red sun radiation is part of the electromagnetic spectrum which Magneto controls. Magneto has used gamma rays, microwaves, visibile light, among others. He uses his powers as they're needed. Why would he have specifically used red sun radiation when he doesn't have an enemy to use it against? The evidence is there that he can access that energy. If you know your EM spectrum you know there is a high end and a low end. If Magneto can use the high end, and the low end, and what is inbetween on panel, why do you doubt it?

If he had an enemy to use red sun radiation against, he would have. Would you have believed he controlled gamma rays before he used it against the Hulk?

It is certainly within his power, and only one way that he could win.

baka

If any of your theories had any kind of practical merit to them based on what we've seen of Magneto's feats, I might be more inclined to have an actual discussion dealing with them. But since they don't, then I won't.

I can theorize that somebody with electromagnetic manipulation can shoot stars out of his ass, but that would just be ridiculous.

It's not exactly to that degree in this case, but meh, the point stands.

Timslar
baka

If any of your theories had any kind of practical merit to them based on what we've seen of Magneto's feats, I might be more inclined to have an actual discussion dealing with them. But since they don't, then I won't.

I can theorize that somebody with electromagnetic manipulation can shoot stars out of his ass, but that would just be ridiculous.

It's not exactly to that degree in this case, but meh, the point stands.

It's only what he's been shown to do. You're not debating with me because you can't. But you're pretending otherwise.

To put it simply, gamma radiation comes from the same "stuff" that red sun radiation does. This "stuff" Magneto controls. I'm saying that since Magneto controls this "stuff" then Magneto can control this "stuff." The Hulk also gets his power from a part of this "stuff," (Like Superman) and since Magneto controls "stuff" he was able to drain Hulk's "stuff" turning him into Banner. Shooting stars out of behinds isn't this "stuff" so your example isn't just "to that degree" but not relevant at all. What I suggested was the "stuff" of relevance.

We're on a forum where we have theoretical fights. If someone claims Superman would use super strength against, I don't care, Wolverine, then we work with that. It's valid because it's part of his power set. And I'd never make any suggestion that wasn't.

Your argument is "lol that's silly." even when I've told you why he'd be able to accomplish these feats.

If you can't understand that, then I'm guess I'm done. I couldn't put it more simply. sad

Placidity
Stuff

Original Smurph
How is Mags supposed to produce red sun radiation?

He could possibly produce solar light, but wouldn't red sun radiation depend entirely on the size of the sun producing it, and not be a physical change in the radiation itself?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm no sun/solar expert.

Plus, I dunno if it's even common knowledge that red sun radiation is a Superman weakness.

psycho gundam
when a star runs out of it's normal fuel, it burns (or after burns) the outer layers around the core of iirc helium (that it created during it's life) causing it to expand and give off a redder wavelength of solar energy.

so it's basically boils down to what raw elements the sun is fusing to make fuel, the size of the star just depends on if it will die a dwarf, a red giant, a pulsar, or a singularity.

but i rather not say magneto could do it, just seems far out of character.

krypyonians don't undergo their form of APT with anything but yellow solar energy, and for some reason red solar energy saps the already stored power from their cells.

batdude123
It's only what he's been shown to do. You're not debating with me because you can't. But you're pretending otherwise.

Oh Lord... haermm

I love posters that have an unjustified pretentiousness about them.

To put it simply, gamma radiation comes from the same "stuff" that red sun radiation does. This "stuff" Magneto controls. I'm saying that since Magneto controls this "stuff" then Magneto can control this "stuff." The Hulk also gets his power from a part of this "stuff," (Like Superman) and since Magneto controls "stuff" he was able to drain Hulk's "stuff" turning him into Banner. Shooting stars out of behinds isn't this "stuff" so your example isn't just "to that degree" but not relevant at all. What I suggested was the "stuff" of relevance.

Magneto has never drained the Hulk of his gamma radiation before, to my recollection. You must be thinking of Surfer. erm

But if you are indeed thinking of Magneto, scans or issue numbers would be most appreciated. smile

I've read damn near all of Magneto's appearances, and off the top of my head, the only instances I've seen of Magneto directly manipulating "EM radiation" is...

A. When he shielded himself from Dazzler's light blast, and then redirected her photons back at her.

B. When he used infrared radiation to cause a metal door to glow white hot and then explode. And even that's just my own take, considering nothing was mentioned of infrared manipulation.

Also, it's blatantly stated in his bio that since manipulation of the EM spectrum is difficult for him, he almost always sticks to regular magnetism.

It's rather ridiculous to say that Magneto will be able to cut off Superman's access to the sun and then douse him with red sun radiation. erm

We're on a forum where we have theoretical fights. If someone claims Superman would use super strength against, I don't care, Wolverine, then we work with that. It's valid because it's part of his power set. And I'd never make any suggestion that wasn't.

That's a horrendously facetious example that's not even close to being analogous to this at all.

Your argument is "lol that's silly." even when I've told you why he'd be able to accomplish these feats.

If you can't understand that, then I'm guess I'm done. I couldn't put it more simply. sad

No, I get it. Like I said before though, while your ideas sound good in theory, it's nothing but speculation that can't be backed up with on panel evidence. erm

Lord Feron
I would say this magneto collossus person could travel pretty damn fast since he would be able to literally go as fast as his magnetic powers are strong.

r0nm0n88
speed blitz!!!

Lord Feron
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
speed blitz!!!

Lol... Magneto finally speed blitz Supes!!!! I mean in thoery it's very possible with this colossus body. Along with this ttheory he would be able to make him Very Strong.

Blanket
Oh Lord... haermm

I love posters that have an unjustified pretentiousness about them.
Don't be scared homie.

Juntai

B. When he used infrared radiation to cause a metal door to glow white hot and then explode. And even that's just my own take, considering nothing was mentioned of infrared manipulation. That was actually him probably agitating the molecules of the metal.

K-Dog
I think that between Magneto not having many EM spectrum feats like this on panel combined with it being difficult for him combined with the DC universe being perhaps unfamiliar and different for him (to control the laws of physics of) I don't think it would be real fair to assume Magneto able to pull off red sun or kryptonite manipulation either one. The amalgram will still win though. Colossus' added strength and durability add extra insurance in case Magneto is distracted from amping or unprepared for speed blitzing.

Peterlane
magneto is quite the multi-tasker....he aint gettin distracted especially by Super-MAN

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Juntai
That was actually him probably agitating the molecules of the metal. it can only be that.

The Nuul
How the fck is Mags supposed to produce red sun radiation? He cant manip energies like that.

batdude123
Originally posted by The Nuul
How the fck is Mags supposed to produce red sun radiation? He cant manip energies like that.

He can't manipulate electromagnetic radiation? Sure he can.

What I'm arguing about is the production of said red solar radiation, and being able to stop Superman from absorbing more of the sun's radiation. Neither of which I see Magneto being able to do.

batdude123
Originally posted by Juntai
That was actually him probably agitating the molecules of the metal.

Definite possibility.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
it can only be that.

You're using an absolute term on a speculative incident? erm

Lord Feron

You're using an absolute term on a speculative incident? erm

Nah man I saw him.. he was there. He knows... wink

The Nuul
He can't manipulate electromagnetic radiation? Sure he can.

What I'm arguing about is the production of said red solar radiation, and being able to stop Superman from absorbing more of the sun's radiation. Neither of which I see Magneto being able to do.

Thats what I am saying also, he cant reproduce the red sun rad on his level or with his powers. SS might be able to because of his level and experience with energy manip. Yes he can manipulate electromagnetic radiation but not to make red solar radiation.

psycho gundam
You're using an absolute term on a speculative incident? erm yes

Originally posted by Lord Feron
Nah man I saw him.. he was there. He knows... wink

yes

batdude123
What a doucher. uhuh

Rage.Of.Olympus
and being able to stop Superman from absorbing more of the sun's radiation.

I don't see why this couldn't be feasible. I recall instances where Magneto has manipulated light and photons to an incredible degree. The fight with Dazzler comes to mind.

Original Smurph
Yeah, but not to that degree, and even then, Superman's got days worth of energy supply already in his body. Even if Magneto were somehow capable of cutting him off, it wouldn't do him any good, unless he thought he could somehow last the next few days.

Tattoos N Scars
Superman can blitz Mags faster than Mags can think!!

batdude123
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't see why this couldn't be feasible. I recall instances where Magneto has manipulated light and photons to an incredible degree. The fight with Dazzler comes to mind.

I already mentioned this before...

A. When he shielded himself from Dazzler's light blast, and then redirected her photons back at her.

That doesn't, however, mean that he'd be able to cut Superman off from the sun.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Yeah, but not to that degree, and even then, Superman's got days worth of energy supply already in his body. Even if Magneto were somehow capable of cutting him off, it wouldn't do him any good, unless he thought he could somehow last the next few days.

I know that Superman's stores of energy are immense. I never said otherwise. I was just commenting on the fact that Magneto it is feasible Magneto could cut him off from absorbing more Solar energy.

I never said he would win by doing so.

Could Magneto drain him to win? I don't know but the Triumph fight comes to mind. Wasn't his powers based electromagnetic manipulation and wasn't he able to bring Superman to his knees through energy siphoning? Just food for thought.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I already mentioned this before...

That doesn't, however, mean that he'd be able to cut Superman off from the sun.

I didn't read through the entire thread.

It would more concentration than normal but couldn't he keep photons/light from directly reaching Superman and effectively cutting him off from the source? I'm not sure.

srug

batdude123
I didn't read through the entire thread.

It would more concentration than normal but couldn't he keep photons/light from directly reaching Superman and effectively cutting him off from the source? I'm not sure.

srug

Meh, the fight takes place inside a building, so this point is rather moot.

BUT, say they were fighting outside; since it's hard enough for Magneto to directly manipulate em radiation, I doubt he'd be able to affect an entire area by cutting of it's exposure to sunlight.

At the very least, he wouldn't be able to do it while trying to fight off Superman at the same time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Meh, the fight takes place inside a building, so this point is rather moot.

BUT, say they were fighting outside; since it's hard enough for Magneto to directly manipulate em radiation, I doubt he'd be able to affect an entire area by cutting of it's exposure to sunlight.

At the very least, he wouldn't be able to do it while trying to fight off Superman at the same time.

Well, their was lighting in the area.

He does have some degree of difficulty but that's about it if I recall. It's feasible that he could blanket the area, and block out the photon/light and so on.

Magneto has always impressed me with his multitasking ability.

Just throwing it out as a possibility. Magneto isn't winning by doing this in a fight.

batdude123
Well, their was lighting in the area.

He does have some degree of difficulty but that's about it if I recall. It's feasible that he could blanket the area, and block out the photon/light and so on.

Magneto has always impressed me with his multitasking ability.

Just throwing it out as a possibility. Magneto isn't winning by doing this in a fight.

baka

Direct manipulation of EM radiation is an extreme rarity for Magneto. He doesn't even know that Superman is powered by the sun, anyway.

I highly doubt Magneto would be able to black out an entire city/town/etc from the sun. Especially not while fighting Superman at the same time. It's not like he's up against the X-Men here. erm

I know Mags isn't winning by this method, but I still don't see it occurring.

Rage.Of.Olympus
baka

Direct manipulation of EM radiation is an extreme rarity for Magneto. He doesn't even know that Superman is powered by the sun, anyway.

I highly doubt Magneto would be able to black out an entire city/town/etc from the sun. Especially not while fighting Superman at the same time. It's not like he's up against the X-Men here. erm

I know Mags isn't winning by this method, but I still don't see it occurring.

Meh, just throwing it out there. If Magneto goes down the draining route if it's possible, the next step would be to blanket not necessarily the area, but just Superman from the Sun.

batdude123
Meh, just throwing it out there. If Magneto goes down the draining route if it's possible, the next step would be to blanket not necessarily the area, but just Superman from the Sun.

I don't know how he'd do that, considering Superman's speed and maneuverability. That's why I made the reasonable leap that Mags would try to blanket the area.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't know how he'd do that, considering Superman's speed and maneuverability. That's why I made the reasonable leap that Mags would try to blanket the area.

I meant, if Magneto went down the absorbing route, meaning he could try something along the lines of what Triumph did someone who also has electromagnetic powers, the next step would be to blanket Superman directly while draining him, as then he would not be able to recharge. If Magneto could drain him I mean. It is common knowledge Superman gets his powers from the Sun.

Ha Son
lulz

carver9
I cant even believe you all are debating if mags can beat superman when we have on panel proof of doctor poloris taking his bio forcefield away from him then blinding him. Doctor poloris could have killed him at any time.

Then we also have doctor poloris hitting superman with a sub at incredible speed knocking him out.

Magneto>>doctor poloris.

Mags is a team buster, it shouldnt even be debated if he can kill supes because he can.

Mags without colossus power 8/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.