Vulcan Vs Stardust

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

boobun
Battle on Shi Ar in one of their citys.

Peterlane
Vulcan absorbs him and/or controls him

Rage.Of.Olympus
I doubt that.

Stardust shoves his scythe down Vulcan's throat.

Sir Faceman
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I doubt that.

Peterlane
I doubt that.

Before or after Vulcan disipates him? If Storm can dissipate Stardust for sometime, imagine what happens when Vulcan does it. With a wave of his hang gooodbye Stardust.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Peterlane
Before or after Vulcan disipates him? If Storm can dissipate Stardust for sometime, imagine what happens when Vulcan does it. With a wave of his hang gooodbye Stardust.

Your using the same issue where Storm hurts Silver Surfer with lightning, and Black Panther stops Silver Surfer with an armbar as evidence to a low showing against Stardust?

Seriously? That issue was so stupid, it really shouldn't be counted in continuity.

Stardust has taken planet destroying attacks point blank without dissipating. You really can't hurt him or put him down permanently.

Peterlane
Your using the same issue where Storm hurts Silver Surfer with lightning, and Black Panther stops Silver Surfer with an armbar as evidence to a low showing against Stardust?

Seriously? That issue was so stupid, it really shouldn't be counted in continuity.

Stardust has taken planet destroying attacks point blank without dissipating. You really can't hurt him or put him down permanently.

Ok, but the fact that Ethereals are living sentient energy doesn't make him a good matchup for Vulcan. A>B>C doesn't cut it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ok, but the fact that Ethereals are living sentient energy doesn't make him a good matchup for Vulcan. A>B>C doesn't cut it.

When has Vulcan beaten anyone on the level of Stardust? When has he controlled sentient energy, or even energy that was in direct control of someone else?

Hell, his shown their is a limit to how much energy he can tank. Havok one shotted him with a little extra juice.

Stardust destroys planets and civilization for the lulz.

What A, B, C logic are you talking about?

Peterlane
When has Vulcan beaten anyone on the level of Stardust? When has he controlled sentient energy, or even energy that was in direct control of someone else?

Hell, his shown their is a limit to how much energy he can tank. Havok one shotted him with a little extra juice.

The A,B,C logic that because Stardust has fought stronger beings with totally different powersets than Vulcan he somehow beats Vulcan.

Vulcan sapped Adam Warlock/Magus dry in seconds, and Warlock called him one of the most potent beings he has ever faced.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The A,B,C logic that because Stardust has fought stronger beings with totally different powersets than Vulcan he somehow beats Vulcan.

Vulcan sapped Adam Warlock/Magus dry in seconds, and Warlock called him one of the most potent beings he has ever faced.

By that logic, when has Vulcan ever fought anyone like Stardust and won? His fought beings with lower power out put than Stardust and been one shotted though. Characters like Beta Ray Bill have vast energy absorption, yet he did not put down Stardust.

Ah, the first time we saw an indication of Vulcan's plot induced upgrade. That entire, magic is just energy thing, was so, so, weird. erm

Still, current Adam Warlock hasn't impressed based on his other incarnations. Vulcan sapped him dry of his magic somehow. That's great. His fighting someone who can hit him with enough energy to annihilate planets. Less energy, a lot less, one shotted him.

guy222
SD

Peterlane
By that logic, when has Vulcan ever fought anyone like Stardust and won? His fought beings with lower power out put than Stardust and been one shotted though. Characters like Beta Ray Bill have vast energy absorption, yet he did not put down Stardust.

Ah, the first time we saw an indication of Vulcan's plot induced upgrade. That entire, magic is just energy thing, was so, so, weird. erm

Still, current Adam Warlock hasn't impressed based on his other incarnations. Vulcan sapped him dry of his magic somehow. That's great. His fighting someone who can hit him with enough energy to annihilate planets. Less energy, a lot less, one shotted him.

Adam Warlock has more than enough energy to transmutate a planet, same difference. The fact that Stardust is energy gives this fight to Vulcan as he can do whatever he wants.

Beta-Ray Bill usually doesn't use his energy absorbtion, and I am sure he didn't try it against Stardust.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Adam Warlock has more than enough energy to transmutate a planet, same difference. The fact that Stardust is energy gives this fight to Vulcan as he can do whatever he wants.

Beta-Ray Bill usually doesn't use his energy absorbtion, and I am sure he didn't try it against Stardust.

That's nice, and hence why some people call stupidity on that fight. Vulcan has shown limits to how much energy he can tank. After absorbing a Hodinn while powerless, a slightly amped Havok, one shotted Vulcan. Before that he easily overpowered him and made him burn.

I've not seen Vulcan ever control sentient energy, so the argument he can do whatever he wants is baseless.

Stardust blasts him with enough energy to annihilate planets, and no more Vulcan. Even with the apparent plot induced induced stupidity, of a fight it seems it takes a lot less than planet destroying to burn him to the bone. Although that scream should be a lot more than planet destroying but hey, plot induced stupidity is necessary when one character is clearly over-matched.

jasofisc

I would call black bolt and adam warlock on the level with stardust wouldn't you? anyway if stardust plays it safe like not using his energy powers then he can win. I didn't think much of vulcan before the warlock and black bolt fight but now that i have i'm inclined to believe that he's on the top tier level.

i really don't see why he couldn't control sentient energy. It's energy right? not sure what you mean by "energy that was in direct control of someone else"? because that's what he does.

Peterlane
Originally posted by jasofisc
I would call black bolt and adam warlock on the level with stardust wouldn't you? anyway if stardust plays it safe like not using his energy powers then he can win. I didn't think much of vulcan before the warlock and black bolt fight but now that i have i'm inclined to believe that he's on the top tier level.

i really don't see why he couldn't control sentient energy. It's energy right? not sure what you mean by "energy that was in direct control of someone else"? because that's what he does.

The thing is even thoug SD doesn't use his powers he is still energy and Vulcan can exploit him.

jasofisc
honestly though i know very little about stardust. I personally think that when a character below a skyfather destroys a planet it's humorous and silly. If that was really their level of power then anyfight were they fought even a little serously on a planet's surface would destroy the county they were in. when you consider the scale of a planet the size of ours if a person was able to destroy it with one blast then a blast 1000 of that would easly destroy a small country. we don't see that with these characters even the ones that don't care if they even destroy the planet their on. the only way i see it ok for a herald level character to destroy a planet is if it's a chain reaction like in the thanos vs champion fight.
anyway stardust 6 out of ten I think

Rage.Of.Olympus

I would place Black Bolt on his level. I don't know about Warlock. Besides one or two showings since his reincarnation, he really hasn't impressed me.

It's funny how no one actually payed much attention to him, until one fight which was at they very least questionable and another fight which was utterly stupidity. Before that, Vulcan got his ass handed to him when he faced anyone of note. Vulcan's a low tier for me. It takes more than plot induced stupidity to impress me.

Because Stardust has utter and complete control of himself that's why. If he can reform after being rendered asunder, that shows his level of control over every piece of him. Referring to Stardust.

jasofisc
I would place Black Bolt on his level. I don't know about Warlock. Besides one or two showings since his reincarnation, he really hasn't impressed me.

It's funny how no one actually payed much attention to him, until one fight which was at they very least questionable and another fight which was utterly stupidity. Before that, Vulcan got his ass handed to him when he faced anyone of note. Vulcan's a low tier for me. It takes more than plot induced stupidity to impress me.

Because Stardust has utter and complete control of himself that's why. If he can reform after being rendered asunder, that shows his level of control over every piece of him. Referring to Stardust.

still why does that mean vulcan can't absorb him? When has anyone been able to resist (besides glads who's powers are differnt) him sucking up their powers?

to Vulcan's credit he killed two low herald lvl sh ar guardians and was only beaten by glads (which was the only person of note he fought untill adam warlock) and he was defeated by havok because he was sundipped.

Rage.Of.Olympus
still why does that mean vulcan can't absorb him? When has anyone been able to resist (besides glads who's powers are differnt) him sucking up their powers?

to Vulcan's credit he killed two low herald lvl sh ar guardians and was only beaten by glads (which was the only person of note he fought untill adam warlock) and he was defeated by havok because he was sundipped.

Because his sentient energy and his full control of himself. That's why.

Obviously his energy absorbing/manipulating abilities were useless against Havok twice and Lorna. Lorna was about to make him her ***** the second time but had his ass saved by Gladiator's cousin.

The Imperial Guard are all jobbers. A poor man's legion. Gladiator easily shrugged of his attacks and kicked his ass with a blow. With physical strength only. Seriously, even while trying to use energy to shield himself, Colossus knocked him on his ass with a casual punch and Havok was going to kill him with a single attack.

Why the hell he even shows up on Black Bolt radar is beyond me. That shit deserves a retcon along with Rulk.

Knowsbleed33
Peter is still sore over Black Bolt beating Vulcan?

Stardust wins this.

Peterlane
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Peter is still sore over Black Bolt beating Vulcan?

Stardust wins this.

No not really. Reported for trolling and flamebaiting

Knowsbleed33
You're the troll son. I stuck to the topic, you didn't.

Digi
OMEGA LEVEL!!! OMEGA LEVEL!!!

...screaming won't help Vulcan. That's BB's thing. Stardust ftw.

Peterlane
You're the troll son. I stuck to the topic, you didn't.

How did I not stick to the topic?

Digi
stop it now, both of you, or warnings will be issued. the best time to "keep it on topic" is right now.

Peterlane
Stardust's energy form is the only reason he can't beat Vulcan. If he any other herald but Terrax and Stardust he would win

Knowsbleed33
Stardust beats Vulcan.

Omega Level doesn't mean what you think it does.

Peterlane
Stardust beats Vulcan.

The fact that he sapped a Man dry (no homo)who can transmutate whole planets in seconds begs to differ.

Knowsbleed33
No it doesn't.

Peterlane
No it doesn't.

Anyways Omega Level means unlimited potential, not unlimited power.

Knowsbleed33
No duh.

Peterlane
Stardust beats Vulcan.

Anyways Omega Level means unlimited potential, not unlimited power.

No duh.

Mindset
Peter pmed me and I told him the answer.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The fact that he sapped a Man dry (no homo)who can transmutate whole planets in seconds begs to differ.

I saw a planet. Not planets.

It's funny that the only argument can be made for Vulcan is bringing up two instances, where one was just weird and the other was just utter plot induced stupidity.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Stardust's energy form is the only reason he can't beat Vulcan. If he any other herald but Terrax and Stardust he would win

Stardust's absolute control of the energy form is the reason why Vulcan can't siphon/manipulate him.

Knowsbleed33
Stop saying everything you don't agree with is bad writing or PIS.

You simply don't agree with it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not something that doesn't agree with me. Something that doesn't agree with continuity. Looking at both these character's showings and such you honestly don't think that fight was just utter stupidity?

There are plenty of fights I don't agree with. I don't call them plot induced stupidity.

Peterlane
Stop saying everything you don't agree with is bad writing or PIS.

You simply don't agree with it.

Quote's please

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

Knowsbleed33
Quote's please

GTFO of here newb. This guys been using that excuse since I've known him on comic book boards. You want me to go back and quote everytime he used that excuse on the old Marvel boards.

Peterlane
GTFO of here newb. This guys been using that excuse since I've known him on comic book boards. You want me to go back and quote everytime he used that excuse on the old Marvel boards.

If being a newb means I spend more time in real life than on the internet arguing about theoretical fights with fictional characters thankyou for the complement

Rage.Of.Olympus

facepalm

I've know you for years, and your still making shit up.

Knowsbleed33
facepalm

I've know you for years, and your still making shit up.

How am I making shit up? You know it's true.

Knowsbleed33
If being a newb means I spend more time in real life than on the internet arguing about theoretical fights with fictional characters thankyou for the complement

You're here all the time.

Peterlane
You're here all the time.

And how would you know unless you are here as long as me?

Knowsbleed33
Becuase every single time I come on you're already here and I leave before you do.

Peterlane
Becuase every single time I come on you're already here and I leave before you do.

How do you know?

Anyways not to get on topic but Vulcan wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
How am I making shit up? You know it's true.

It's really not true.

The Nuul
Vulcan can beat Galactus, he stomps here.

Peterlane
Originally posted by The Nuul

Now thats just silly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by The Nuul

Vulcan is teh OMEGA LEVELZZZZZ!!!!!!!

dur

Peterlane
Vulcan is teh OMEGA LEVELZZZZZ!!!!!!!

dur

He can always reform himself
roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Nuul
Yup, he would just absorb Galans energies and manip them within Galactus.

Peterlane
Yeh wasn't it said Omega Level mutants will eventually replace the abstracts?

Vulcan>Abstracts 100% Fakt

Knowsbleed33
It's really not true.

It's very true. Remember your ravings about how Flash could beat Pre-Retcon Molecule Man because Wolverine punched him and then everyone went on to give you reason why you were a moron and you said it would be bad writing if what you said didn't work?

Accept the word of one who knows.

Stardust wins btw.

Knowsbleed33

Wait, you mean Vulcan is going to live for another billion or so years?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Yup. Iceman beat the hell out of Oblivion, an abstract with his avalanche of DOOMEES.

He has teh OMEGAA LEVELLSSSS!!!!!!arrrgh

Peterlane
Wait, you mean Vulcan is going to live for another billion or so years?

yup, like all other omega level mutants stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's very true. Remember your ravings about how Flash could beat Pre-Retcon Molecule Man because Wolverine punched him and then everyone went on to give you reason why you were a moron and you said it would be bad writing if what you said didn't work?

Accept the word of one who knows.

Stardust wins btw.

facepalm

Still making up shit. Never change. You always give me a good laugh.

During the period Molecule Man was still limiting himself, even the likes of Wolverine put him down when he jumped him while he was not suspecting and had him on the ropes. He was still vulnerable, so a character for "example" like Flash who would be the best at getting the jump on someone, could actually be a threat to him to an extent. What's so moronic about that?

Of course, this is Wolverine, and his aura, is greater than all. Except Batman.

Nihilist
Stardust wins.

leonidas
so, vulcan's showing vs bolt was stupid, his showing vs warlock was pis, his showing against the guard was pis, but the showings that count are the one where a sun-dipped havok beat him and galdiator punched him out, and most likely the polaris thing.

hmph, funny how that works. what about his showing vs the eldest? he was losing because he didn't understand how to use his powers to win, but once he did, he owned the guy immediately--the same guy who easily broke gladiator's wrist.

is he capable of disrupting SD'd energy body--i'd say absolutely. could SD possibly resist? sure. a couple months back i'd say SD would take this almost certainly. with the way vulcan's been being portrayed more recently, i'd say he could take SD.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by leonidas
so, vulcan's showing vs bolt was stupid, his showing vs warlock was pis, his showing against the guard was pis, but the showings that count are the one where a sun-dipped havok beat him and galdiator punched him out, and most likely the polaris thing.

hmph, funny how that works. what about his showing vs the eldest? he was losing because he didn't understand how to use his powers to win, but once he did, he owned the guy immediately--the same guy who easily broke gladiator's wrist.

is he capable of disrupting SD'd energy body--i'd say absolutely. could SD possibly resist? sure. a couple months back i'd say SD would take this almost certainly. with the way vulcan's been being portrayed more recently, i'd say he could take SD.

Not a chance.

Vulcan LOST to Black Bolt, don't forget that. Warlock has absolutely no showings to put him near Stardust.

Nihilist
How does Vulcan counter a black hole?

Blanket
Originally posted by Nihilist
How does Vulcan counter a black hole? He manipulates energy, so he manipulates the hole.

I herd

whostheking
I think SD wins, not 100 percent sold on that yet know.

Why can Vulcan suddenly not turn off peoples powers by manipulting energies in their brain?

Badabing
GTFO of here newb. This guys been using that excuse since I've known him on comic book boards. You want me to go back and quote everytime he used that excuse on the old Marvel boards. Digi already asked nicely. So let me be clear, the next it's a warning and temp ban. Thanks.

Original Smurph
GTFO of here newb. This guys been using that excuse since I've known him on comic book boards. You want me to go back and quote everytime he used that excuse on the old Marvel boards. lawl

leonidas
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Not a chance.

Vulcan LOST to Black Bolt, don't forget that. Warlock has absolutely no showings to put him near Stardust.

showed he could easily manipulate the energies used by someone who has used energy for planetary level feats--that'd be warlock. SD hasn't done any better. bb was getting pummeled until he screamedeven shutting down bb's electron manipulation is very high level, given some of the feats of that particular ability. vulcan "lost" that fight according to kmc rules, but in the book it wasn't finished. i don't see any reason at all why vulcan couldn't possibly dissipate or at least seriously disrupt SD's energy form.

Rage.Of.Olympus

The Imperial Guard are extreme jobbers and who called that fighy plot induced stupidity? That doesn't surprise me as they are jobbers and that was a good showing for Vulcan. The fight with Warlock was questionable especially with the entire magic is just energy thing, and him draining the reserves of Adam Warlock when it's shown there is a limit to how much energy he can manipulate/control.

The fight with Black Bolt was utter plot induced stupidity. If you do not see that, then you must think Rulk is the optimum of continuity. The fact that Black Bolt didn't punch his head off with one hit as he has one shotted Namor in a dam of water at his base, when Vulcan has casually been knocked to near unconscious by Colossus even while attempting to shield himself with energy along with all the other showings that indicate him having human level durability or at best enhanced durability is stupid. Don't even get me started on the scream and so on. That fight was utter stupidity. Someone such as you, would surely see that. One look at both Vulcan's and Black Bolt's showings/continuity tells you all this. I've read all of the appearances of both these characters, and Vulcan shouldn't be able to stand up to him.

People consider it stupid, because he immediately jumped up to a level not seen and Black Bolt was pissed on just to make the story more interesting.

He was the perfect being to fight Eldest. Once Havok told him what to do, and they realized that each of his brothers were channeling small amounts of their energy towards him, it was simple for him to simply negate the effect. A good showing no doubt in his ability to manipulate energy, but any half decent energy manipulator should be capable of it, as well. Vulcan does have good showings. He is a pretty powerful dude and is potentially a beast.

Could he disrupt it? I say yes. To the point it has a true effect? No. Not with his control and power.

batdude123
Vulcan owns.

Blanket
The Imperial Guard are extreme jobbers and who called that fighy plot induced stupidity? That doesn't surprise me as they are jobbers and that was a good showing for Vulcan. The fight with Warlock was questionable especially with the entire magic is just energy thing, and him draining the reserves of Adam Warlock when it's shown there is a limit to how much energy he can manipulate/control.

The fight with Black Bolt was utter plot induced stupidity. If you do not see that, then you must think Rulk is the optimum of continuity. The fact that Black Bolt didn't punch his head off with one hit as he has one shotted Namor in a dam of water at his base, when Vulcan has casually been knocked to near unconscious by Colossus even while attempting to shield himself with energy along with all the other showings that indicate him having human level durability or at best enhanced durability is stupid. Don't even get me started on the scream and so on. That fight was utter stupidity. Someone such as you, would surely see that. One look at both Vulcan's and Black Bolt's showings/continuity tells you all this. I've read all of the appearances of both these characters, and Vulcan shouldn't be able to stand up to him.

People consider it stupid, because he immediately jumped up to a level not seen and Black Bolt was pissed on just to make the story more interesting.

He was the perfect being to fight Eldest. Once Havok told him what to do, and they realized that each of his brothers were channeling small amounts of their energy towards him, it was simple for him to simply negate the effect. A good showing no doubt in his ability to manipulate energy, but any half decent energy manipulator should be capable of it, as well. Vulcan does have good showings. He is a pretty powerful dude and is potentially a beast.

Could he disrupt it? I say yes. To the point it has a true effect? No. Not with his control and power. I didn't read that, but I suspect it pertains to something about Vulcan vs Stardust.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

leonidas

there is a CURRENT limit, but even that limit is sketchy and seems to be growing as the character grows. he is becoming more and more powerful as his appearances grow, it seems to me.

someone like me avoids calling PIS except in the most egregious cases. this is not one of those cases. you say vulcan shouldn't be able to stand up to him based on what? bb's biggest weapon is his electron manip. that was countered easily. sure bb can knock out namor, but . . . so what? in a straight 1on1 with namor primed, namor could also stand up to bb h2h. vulcan has GROWN in his powers. i'm not sure why you want to decry growth (he IS still just a kid) as stupidity. he amped his strength to match warlock as well. how many more good showings does he have to have before you say--ok he IS that powerful?

i don't (and not too many that i've seen . . .) consider it stupid at all. it DID kill vulcan . . . it didn't destroy everything around them because it was absorbed. its effects were much greater than the whisper we've seen, just not as great as some might have HOPED it would be. and vulcan fans can always just say--why doesn't he just down brain activity like he did when he first arrived on the scene? why not simply manipulate the bio-energy in bb's body, or anyone's body? when you start crying PIS it's a slippery slope, one that really should be avoided except in the most absurb cases.

of course he was perfect for the eldest. he's also perfect for SD. point is, he didn't know how to use his powers to win that fight, but recently he seems to be growing in power--and he SHOULD be, given how young he really is.

i'm a lot less sure of that now than i was 2 months ago.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.