Surfer, Thor, Superman 3-Way Deathmatch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Court
I've seen too many awkward scenarios and crap, so I'm laying it all out. Some uber-entity nabs Silver Surfer, Superman, and Thor, and throws them on an isolated planet they can't destroy and can't leave. The planet is no bigger than frigging Rhode Island.

If Surfer loses, his home planet will be destroyed(I don't recall if it's already destroyed or resurrected in recent continuity, but let's pretend regardless).
If Superman loses, Earth will be destroyed.
If Thor loses, Asgard will be destroyed(let's pretend again).

They will fight ALL OUT. They will use every, any, and all powers at their disposal, regardless of what's in or out of character. No BFR. No prep. Standard gear. Current incarnations. They hit/shoot/and aim to kill.

Who finally wins?

xJLxKing
Hmmm tough call really. Especially since this is a 3-way fight. SS and Thor might attack Superman, or vice verse. I think it fair to say SS has an advantage over Superman; Thor over SS, and Superman over Thor.

I am going to have to say Superman. If he goes all out to save earth. I don't see Thor stopping him. SS on the other hand could, but Superman would get the better of him when Thor fight SS.

Though, fight between 3 characters is stupid. It's a toss ups. 2 character jump one and then 2 are left. My guess is the two weakest attack the strongest. Then they fight. In this case, SS being the strongest.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins this fight, followed closely by Silver Surfer and then Superman. Superman's vulnerability to energy sapping and manipulation gets him taken out of the game easier than the others. And between the last two standing, Thor has the biggest out put of offensive power with attacks like the God Blast and the best defensive abilities ala Mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Hmmm tough call really. Especially since this is a 3-way fight. SS and Thor might attack Superman, or vice verse. I think it fair to say SS has an advantage over Superman; Thor over SS, and Superman over Thor.

I am going to have to say Superman. If he goes all out to save earth. I don't see Thor stopping him. SS on the other hand could, but Superman would get the better of him when Thor fight SS.

Though, fight between 3 characters is stupid. It's a toss ups. 2 character jump one and then 2 are left. My guess is the two weakest attack the strongest. Then they fight. In this case, SS being the strongest.

Exactly what advantage does Superman have over Thor other than superior speed?

Thor can stop Superman. Especially if he goes all out.

Mairuzu
The world may never know

Newjak
Generally in a match like this I want to pick the most versatile character cause they are the ones with the ability to create more advantageous conditions for themselves.

So I think that would be Silver Surfer

but Thor is also quite versatile in his own right, and Superman has always been quite creative with his powers.

But I think if I had to pick a knock down drag out winner I'm probably going with Thor.

Doesn't have many exploitable weaknesses plus has a very raw power output.

I think he will be the last man standing in this fight.

I may have picked Superman due to durability but honestly he has two many weaknesses to exploit with the versatility of the other two combatants.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Mairuzu
The world may never know
Hmm...I like that!

We've been over this. I told, I see Superman a little bit stronger then Thor. Durability can go either way. Speed goes to Superman. Versatility goes to Thor.

Offensive power goes to Thor. His God Blast that is. However, I don't see that hitting Superman, or SS if they are all going all out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
We've been over this. I told, I see Superman a little bit stronger then Thor. Durability can go either way. Speed goes to Superman. Versatility goes to Thor.

Offensive power goes to Thor. His God Blast that is. However, I don't see that hitting Superman, or SS if they are all going all out.

We have? You haven't proven your claims yet.

How is Superman a bit stronger? I see them as equals. If either one is stronger, whether it's Thor or Superman, the amount is so infinitesimal it wouldn't matter. Damage soak goes to Thor. Speed goes to Superman but with his reflexes, it's nothing he can't handle.

Versatility, defensive power and offensive power all go to Thor out of all three of them. He has other attacks other than the God Blast, but if the God Blast hits either of these two, they go six feet under.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Exactly what advantage does Superman have over Thor other than superior speed?

Superman is FAR FAR FASTER than Thor. This is like comparing Flash to the Hulk in speed.

Superman also has a decent strength and durability advantage.

Master Court
I figured it'd be Surfer, considering what he could really do if he utilized his cosmic power to it's fullest extent. Like draining the solar power from Superman, or converting it into kryptonite radiation for a probable insta-kill.

I can't think of anything against Thor, but I'm sure Surfer could do it. Surfer has unlimited cosmic power, he never tires, he's almost totally invulnerable, and he's already around Superman-level strength.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
Superman is FAR FAR FASTER than Thor. This is like comparing Flash to the Hulk in speed.

Superman also has a decent strength and durability advantage.

Yes he has far faster movement, but Thor has the reflexes as such that Superman won't be winning this on speed alone.

Superman has a decent advantage in strength and durability? Lulz. facepalm

What has Superman done in terms of strength and durability that give him such a high advantage over Thor?

Wait, why am I even bothering arguing with you? Your the same guy who thinks Juggernaut is more durable than cosmic entities and who confuses Mirror Master with the Flash.......

laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Master Court
I can't think of anything against Thor, but I'm sure Surfer could do it. Surfer has unlimited cosmic power, he never tires, he's almost totally invulnerable, and he's already around Superman-level strength.

Unlimited is a strong word. Besides his Power Cosmic has been overcome by Thor on more than one occasion. He might be nearly invulnerable but that doesn't mean Thor can't knock him down or even out, with his blows.

xJLxKing
We have? You haven't proven your claims yet.

How is Superman a bit stronger? I see them as equals. If either one is stronger, whether it's Thor or Superman, the amount is so infinitesimal it wouldn't matter. Damage soak goes to Thor. Speed goes to Superman but with his reflexes, it's nothing he can't handle.

Versatility, defensive power and offensive power all go to Thor out of all three of them. He has other attacks other than the God Blast, but if the God Blast hits either of these two, they go six feet under.
Yeah, I think we have. Well, remember most of Superman's feat are when he isn't going all out. This time, Earth is on stake. This is him going all out. That's why I give him the edge.
Everything else, I pretty much agree.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, I think we have. Well, remember most of Superman's feat are when he isn't going all out. This time, Earth is on stake. This is him going all out. That's why I give him the edge.
Everything else, I pretty much agree.

The same can be said for Thor.

And this is Thor going all out as well. A blood lusted Thor one shots beings like Namor, kills the Thing and Hulk at the same time, puts down Durok in one attack, shoves Mjolnir down Mangog's throat, beats the Destroyer, plows through beings like the Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Adam Warlock, Maxam, Drax with the Power Gem and so on as if they were a bunch of playground children etc. That's not even using his offensive/defensive power and versatility advantage. Just raw power and strength.

A blood lusted Thor is scarier than a blood lusted Superman in my opinion. Let's not forget Thor always has the option on getting his belt of strength, and gauntlets as they are always available to him. Hell, if pushed he can enter Warrior Madness.

xJLxKing

And this is Thor going all out as well. A blood lusted Thor one shots beings like Namor, kills the Thing and Hulk at the same time, puts down Durok in one attack, shoves Mjolnir down Mangog's throat, beats the Destroyer, plows through beings like the Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Adam Warlock, Maxam, Drax with the Power Gem and so on as if they were a bunch of playground children etc. That's not even using his offensive/defensive power and versatility advantage. Just raw power and strength.

A blood lusted Thor is scarier than a blood lusted Superman in my opinion. Let's not forget Thor always has the option on getting his belt of strength, and gauntlets as they are always available to him. Hell, if pushed he can enter Warrior Madness.
We are going to go back and forth with this.

Yeah, Thor can get the Belt and the gauntlets, but Superman can get that Gun that puts you in the Pzone. He can get a few weapons like give him an amp. All this in a sec or so. He can even get an amp by flying to the sun in a few seconds.

Master Court

Oh. I get it. You're an "Asgardian", so to speak. That explains all that sh*t I got on the Destroyer vs WWHulk thread. For those of you who aren't keeping up, I already know Destroyer wins. That's not the point.

Anyway, as for THIS thread.

I know Surfer has been contested by Thor before. BFD. They've never tried to kill each other before, though. Surfer, by all rights, could turn Thor's clothes into adamantium and then watch him teeter over like a statue. Thor's admitted before that not even Mjolnir can hurt true adamantium. So Thor's handled.

The point of this versus is that they use ALL of their powers, no matter how rare or OOC it is. Surfer's cosmic power, when used to it's fullest and true potential, in my opinion, could win.

Bouboumaster
The only thing sure is that Sups loose.
Thor have the power to manipulate matter but lack cosmic awarness to detect Sups weaknesses. But abyways, he's packed of magic, and Sups doesn't take that shit too well. On the other hand, SS can scan Sups and kill him easely.

It will fall to Surfer and Thor. I'm a Surfer fanboy and I would sooo like to say that he wins. But even if they can output nearly as much energy and even if they both can throw down h2h, Thor have a too important edge in defense. And he's a trained warrior. At the end of the day, Thor would be the victor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
We are going to go back and forth with this.

Yeah, Thor can get the Belt and the gauntlets, but Superman can get that Gun that puts you in the Pzone. He can get a few weapons like give him an amp. All this in a sec or so. He can even get an amp by flying to the sun in a few seconds.

Until you concede that is. Your the one who claimed Superman is stronger. Prove it. There are plenty of feats of strength from Thor that show he is as strong. I said he has superior damage soak and pain resistance etc. That I can back up.

Yes because that gun and his weapons are obviously always available to him and he can access them anywhere/anywhen and he can also somehow Sundip despite the opening thread clearly stating that they are on an isolated planet in the middle of nowhere that they cannot leave. No wonder they call him Superman! eek!

In a normal fight, amping himself up with Solar energy would just force Thor to cut off the power source. With his energy absorbing abilities, he can absorb the entire damn Sun and drain Superman's solar storages.

Peterlane
The only thing I'm 100% sure about is SUperman losing. It's a toss up between Thor and SS

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh. I get it. You're an "Asgardian", so to speak. That explains all that sh*t I got on the Destroyer vs WWHulk thread. For those of you who aren't keeping up, I already know Destroyer wins. That's not the point.

That would be cool. You got all that shit on that thread, because you didn't know what you were talking about and I was simply setting some stuff straight.

Anyway, as for THIS thread.

I know Surfer has been contested by Thor before. BFD. They've never tried to kill each other before, though. Surfer, by all rights, could turn Thor's clothes into adamantium and then watch him teeter over like a statue. Thor's admitted before that not even Mjolnir can hurt true adamantium. So Thor's handled.

Silver Surfer has used all of his power, not held back and was still put down by Thor unfortunately. Twice.

Nice theory. Unfortunately, with Mjolnir in his hands, matter manipulation isn't what your going to beat Thor with. Even if Thor allowed it, he could just use Mjolnir to say, become intangible.

Thor's stated that he can damage Adamantium though and has as I recall.

The point of this versus is that they use ALL of their powers, no matter how rare or OOC it is. Surfer's cosmic power, when used to it's fullest and true potential, in my opinion, could win.

Could he win? Yes. Would he win? No in my opinion.

Thor's raw power had beings on Superman, and Silver Surfer's level running for the hills when he was blood lusted. That's not even using his more powerful offensive attacks and versatility. Here attacks like the God Blast, Anti-Force, Thermoblast and so on would be used. Each who have one shotted beings of extreme power. These guys better run for the hills, when Thor starts pulling out that type of power.

Like I said:

Thor comes in first, followed closely by Silver Surfer and then Superman.

The Nuul
Supes loses, near stalemate with Thor and SS.

Blanket
Surfer

xJLxKing
Until you concede that is. Your the one who claimed Superman is stronger. Prove it. There are plenty of feats of strength from Thor that show he is as strong. I said he has superior damage soak and pain resistance etc. That I can back up.

Yes because that gun and his weapons are obviously always available to him and he can access them anywhere/anywhen and he can also somehow Sundip despite the opening thread clearly stating that they are on an isolated planet in the middle of nowhere that they cannot leave. No wonder they call him Superman! eek!

In a normal fight, amping himself up with Solar energy would just force Thor to cut off the power source. With his energy absorbing abilities, he can absorb the entire damn Sun and drain Superman's solar storages.
Yes, those weapons are very easily accessible to Superman. It wouldn't take him longer then 2-3 seconds to get them. Yeah, he can't leave the planet, but he can go to outside where the rays are much stronger.

Also, I want to see Thor absorbing entire sun of it's energies while fighting someone like Superman. Also, I doubt that Thor can even drain Superman whatsoever. He has never done it to someone like Superman.

Philosophía
Superman. smile

Naija boy
Also, I doubt that Thor can even drain Superman whatsoever. He has never done it to someone like Superman.

Someone like superman? what does that even mean?.

Anyhow with CIS off surfer wins this. Taking out superman would hardly be a problem and then it would come down to thor. Aside blood and thunder were most of the characters fought far below par (not using most of their abilities) and thor was written to never before or again seen levels( and was most likely amped by a state of pseudo warrior madness) then he certainly isnt easily downing surfer. With that being said surfer reshapes his board into razor sharp form and rams it into thors head at 100000 times the speed of light or creates a blackhole in his pupil FTW.

-Pr-
i love how so many people are thinking superman loses for sure. it's not like he doesn't fight enemies who know his weakness, is it...

batdude123
Originally posted by -Pr-
i love how so many people are thinking superman loses for sure. it's not like he doesn't fight enemies who know his weakness, is it...

Superman might as well be Rhino on KMC.

-Pr-
Originally posted by batdude123
Superman might as well be Rhino on KMC.

laughing

Philosophía
At least on KMC, there's a few of us that are willing to defend him. The way he is seen on Herochat (where practically only one guy defends him, Jellyrobes, and he gets hell for it) and CBR (where pretty much any herald owns him and characters like Gladiator completly destroy him. Not to mention Sentry takes him, along with the whole Justice League, and wins with ease with Supes being unable to even affect him. Don't even get me started on Silver Surfer) is laughably sad.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Naija boy
a state of pseudo warrior madness) it was paranoia

Starscream M
the way many people think is retarded

Oh, Superman has weakness to magic --> Thor has magic --> Therefore, Thor should beat Superman (the fact is, a punch by thor is still just a punch, a hit with Mjolnir is still just a hit, only if Thor actually pulls out attacks of magical nature (godblast) will it do significant damage to Superman...and guess what, godblast has no chance in hell of hitting someone as fast as Superman)

Oh, Superman has weakness to red sunlight --> Silver Surfer can possibly create red sunlight --> Silver Surfer for the easy win (the fact is, Superman would never allow Surfer the breathing room to first analyze Superman's weaknesses and then to exploit it)

People also dismiss Superman's advantages as if they were minor...guys like RageofOlympus completely underestimate Superman's speed

Outside of Flashes, no one in comics uses speed anywhere close to Superman, and I would argue Superman uses speed more effectively than Flashes because he combines power and flight as well

I would say with the stakes given, Superman is the odds on favorite imo

-Pr-

Master Court
That would be cool. You got all that shit on that thread, because you didn't know what you were talking about and I was simply setting some stuff straight.

Silver Surfer has used all of his power, not held back and was still put down by Thor unfortunately. Twice.

Nice theory. Unfortunately, with Mjolnir in his hands, matter manipulation isn't what your going to beat Thor with. Even if Thor allowed it, he could just use Mjolnir to say, become intangible.

Thor's stated that he can damage Adamantium though and has as I recall.

Could he win? Yes. Would he win? No in my opinion.

Thor's raw power had beings on Superman, and Silver Surfer's level running for the hills when he was blood lusted. That's not even using his more powerful offensive attacks and versatility. Here attacks like the God Blast, Anti-Force, Thermoblast and so on would be used. Each who have one shotted beings of extreme power. These guys better run for the hills, when Thor starts pulling out that type of power.

Like I said:

Thor comes in first, followed closely by Silver Surfer and then Superman.

You're giving me the sh*ts, and I'm running low on toiler paper now.

You're wrong, you'll always be wrong, and you've been wrong your whole life. Believe me; I've been making calls, writing letters, doing research, and I couldn't find one moment in your life where you were right. I mean, I've been wrong before. Like when I chose to save my grandmother over my Dwayne Wade jersey, but I most certainly was not wrong about Thor. He's mighty. He's powerful. He's hung like an elephant. But Hulk's stronger than him. You giving me sh*t is like a nat gnawing on a zit; indefensibly irritating while altogether insignificant. And now I've got the runs. And I'm low on toilet paper and water. You know how much you have to drink to avoid dehydration when you have the runs? You're costing me money, and water, and toilet paper. And sometimes, when I pass the point of no return, when toilet paper won't cover the damage, I even have to take showers. So it's also costing me soap. And sometimes shampoo.

So for the love of L Ron, let go of Thor's little-Mjolnir, and let him fight his own battles.

Surfer wins because he's awesome, has more cosmic power than you could shake a grandmother at, he can't be drained physically, mentally, or power-wise, he's needs no sustenance, he can heal all damage in seconds. He can even tag-team with his board against Thor, amp his own strength, detect the minute energy fluctuations when Thor is about to fire energy blasts of any kind or his God Blast and therefore avoid it, transmute his own board into Uru metal so Thor's hammer can't hurt it, make himself intangible and let his board do all the dirty work. You get it? Surfer can do practically anything. He's more godlike than standard Thor will ever be. And Superman, I like him and all, but I think Surfer can probably eat him for breakfast. As unlikely or OOC it is for Surfer to do any of this sh*t, there's no reason he can't if he felt truly hard-pressed to win by killing his opponents. Surfer, using every little power in his arsenal to their maximum extent, has a very high chance of taking this.

r0nm0n88
thor would look around confused, cause all he would see are flashes of silver and red.

im a person that believe these guys out class him to a great degree in the speed department, and that makes a huge difference. People dont take full consideration of the speed advantage. i personally love superman, but surfer was made to beat him. after surfer takes him out, thor and surfer go at it for alittle while. In the end surfer is the winner

Peterlane

batdude123
You're giving me the sh*ts, and I'm running low on toiler paper now.

You're wrong, you'll always be wrong, and you've been wrong your whole life. Believe me; I've been making calls, writing letters, doing research, and I couldn't find one moment in your life where you were right. I mean, I've been wrong before. Like when I chose to save my grandmother over my Dwayne Wade jersey, but I most certainly was not wrong about Thor. He's mighty. He's powerful. He's hung like an elephant. But Hulk's stronger than him. You giving me sh*t is like a nat gnawing on a zit; indefensibly irritating while altogether insignificant. And now I've got the runs. And I'm low on toilet paper and water. You know how much you have to drink to avoid dehydration when you have the runs? You're costing me money, and water, and toilet paper. And sometimes, when I pass the point of no return, when toilet paper won't cover the damage, I even have to take showers. So it's also costing me soap. And sometimes shampoo.

So for the love of L Ron, let go of Thor's little-Mjolnir, and let him fight his own battles.

laughing

Peterlane
Mjonir is what makes Thor seeing that he sacrificed the whole Odin Force just to fix it.

carver9
Good fight but I give this to thor more than not. He is the surfer, just as powerful, just as durable, stronger, just as versatile, and reflexes is just as good.

A thor and surfer fight would come straight down to brute strength because everything that surfer dish out would be absorbed and thrown back at him.

Superman wont go as easy as people is making it, he has proven that he can hang with the best of them on many of occasioins BUT versatility and raw power, he cant hang with either of them. Does he have a resistance to soul suck? Does he have a resistance from being shrunk to 3 inches? Thor and Surfer is just too powerful.

Thor comes 1st, Surfer, and Supes comes last but gives a hell of a fight.

kgkg
Originally posted by Starscream M Oh, Superman has weakness to magic --> Thor has magic --> Therefore, Thor should beat Superman (the fact is, a punch by thor is still just a punch, a hit with Mjolnir is still just a hit, only if Thor actually pulls out attacks of magical nature (godblast) will it do significant damage to Superman...and guess what, godblast has no chance in hell of hitting someone as fast as Superman) I agree. But it's not like Superman is weak to magic like he was portrayed in the past. Witters most of the time will almost downright ignore this or it's hardly noticeably. But this weakness will most likely always exists as an excuse to shows that this weakness is still there <like when Murdru was attacking Superman>. Anyway Superman should beat Thor for a majority.

Originally posted by Starscream M Oh, Superman has weakness to red sunlight --> Silver Surfer can possibly create red sunlight --> Silver Surfer for the easy win (the fact is, Superman would never allow Surfer the breathing room to first analyze Superman's weaknesses and then to exploit it) 1.) It's not like it takes Surfer time to analyze weakness and look at the atomic structures and it's not like he can't do this in mid battle. You make it sound like this creating Red sunlight is a difficult task.

Anyway.
1.) Surfer - Durability , Speed , Healing
2.) Superman - Durability , Speed
3.) Thor - Power

I think Thor's lack of speed will be his downfall here while others will be able to get in more shots.

But this really depends on who does what and who attacks who really.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by xJLxKing Yes, those weapons are very easily accessible to Superman. It wouldn't take him longer then 2-3 seconds to get them. Yeah, he can't leave the planet, but he can go to outside where the rays are much stronger.

Also, I want to see Thor absorbing entire sun of it's energies while fighting someone like Superman. Also, I doubt that Thor can even drain Superman whatsoever. He has never done it to someone like Superman.

How the hell, would those weapons be accessible to Superman and how the hell would it take him a few seconds to get them when they are on a planet in the middle of nowhere which they are not allowed to leave? That doesn't even make sense.

You said Sundip. How the hell is he going to Sundip if he can't get to the Sun? He is going to attempt a sunnier area? That's great. Too bad there isn't much choice as the planet the battle is on, is the size of Rhode Island.

It wouldn't really be that difficult with his defensive capabilities. Whip up one impenetrable force field around himself, and go on to drain the Star.

Why would it be so unlikely for Thor to accomplish draining Superman?

Triumph brought him to his knees, and I even recall Clark himself stating he could die or something along those lines, if he was completely drained. This is Thor who can drain enough energy to destroy an entire Galaxy with no problem. Of course he has never done it to someone like Superman, as he has never encountered someone like Superman but based on the energy absorbing capabilities of Mjolnir it shouldn't be out of Thor's capabilities. At the very least it's a possibility. Thor has been shown draining the energy of an opponent before.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Naija boy

Oh, Superman has weakness to red sunlight --> Silver Surfer can possibly create red sunlight --> Silver Surfer for the easy win (the fact is, Superman would never allow Surfer the breathing room to first analyze Superman's weaknesses and then to exploit it)

People also dismiss Superman's advantages as if they were minor...guys like RageofOlympus completely underestimate Superman's speed

Outside of Flashes, no one in comics uses speed anywhere close to Superman, and I would argue Superman uses speed more effectively than Flashes because he combines power and flight as well

Odds on favorite? Gimme a freaking break. Surfer would hardly need any time to scan supes biology and recognize his weakness to red sunlight considering his mental speed. And the way u say exploit it, u make it sound like blasting red sunlight is some big thing. Surfer has both the movement speed and reactions to match superman in battle so that wont be a problem. And before u get int the nonsense about him never using it or whatever, he HAS and DOES use it (as seen even as recently as his fight with BRB). Further regardless of that, CIS is off in this battle so he wil be using all his abilities to the fullest with his speed being one of them.

Surfer could use red sunlight blasts throughout the entire battle and considering his power output it would be hell for supes. Not only that he could also be continuously draining the energy from supes cells which would spell even more trouble.

In a regular match is one thing (still strange but manageable) but to think that supes is the favorite in a match with CIS off against an opponenet like surfer who has a truck load of powers and way more potent options both offensively and defensively than he does is pretty ridiculous indeed.

Starscream M
hmm, I didn't see that CIS was off.

I still think Superman is by far the best fighter out of the 3, whereas Surfer has the best powerset. And Thor has the most powerful attack (but I think its useless in this fight).

I saw how badly Surfer embarrassed BRB, but that was high showing...he has demonstrated that degree of power consistently. Also it was a very brief encounter with some unique circumstances.

I guess I'm a little undecided bet Surfer and Superman for first, and Thor comes last imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I really doubt Silver Surfer will need any time to scan Superman's biology. With his abilities he should do it with a look. On top of his cosmic awareness, his ability to process information and decipher it is ridiculous. I recall him casually plotting his course by calculating/mapping an entire region of space (Galaxies I believe) in a moment while traveling at light speed or something along those lines.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I still think Superman is by far the best fighter out of the 3

I guess I'm a little undecided bet Surfer and Superman for first, and Thor comes last imo.

Superman by far the best fighter out of the 3? You do remember that Thor is one of those 3 right? The Thor whose countless of years old, and has been fighting in combat constantly while man was still in caves?

Thor comes in last? I would like to see you prove that.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Oh, Superman has weakness to magic --> Thor has magic --> Therefore, Thor should beat Superman (the fact is, a punch by thor is still just a punch, a hit with Mjolnir is still just a hit, only if Thor actually pulls out attacks of magical nature (godblast) will it do significant damage to Superman...and guess what, godblast has no chance in hell of hitting someone as fast as Superman)

It has nothing to do with Thor's origins being mystical but with Thor simply being more powerful. I haven't see anyone try to use that as a legit argument. Mjolnir is only a blunt force object unless Thor uses it to channel his power or anything along those lines. Still, we have seen that magically enchanted weapons do harm Superman a lot easier than normal weapons. Wonder Woman's tiara comes to mind.

Only if Thor pulls out attacks like the God Blast will he do significant damage to Superman? Lol, the God Blast if it hits Superman is a one shot attack. Thor has plenty of other attacks like the Thermoblast, Anti-Force and so on that would put down Superman. Hell, Thor's raw power is so great, he one shotted Beta Ray Bill, and was tossing around Silver Surfer, and the likes by simply unleashing his power.

With his abilities the Silver Surfer doesn't need any breathing room from Superman to do so.

Completely underestimate Superman? I don't underestimate him. I clearly admitted he has superior speed. Far superior, but it's not as if Thor can't handle it with his reflexes.

Your the one spouting nonsense about Superman somehow having a decent strength and durability advantage over Thor, which by the way you haven't proven yet.

Wonder Woman has superior combat movement, just off the top of my head.

More effectively than the Flash because he combines power and flight? What the hell does Flash do? He utilizes not only his speed but a vast array of speed stemming abilities along with his speed. His speed usage is vastly more effective than Superman. Don't even try and pull that.. Oh, he can also fly, and if the difference between running/flight from everybody else is anything to go off, the Flash's speed while flying, would just be, well unfair. To everyone.

That's your opinion, so whatever....

Starscream M
rageofolympus, I gotta go to work...but I'll debunk your ridiculous nonsense later

Naija boy

I still think Superman is by far the best fighter out of the 3, whereas Surfer has the best powerset. And Thor has the most powerful attack (but I think its useless in this fight).

I saw how badly Surfer embarrassed BRB, but that was high showing...he has demonstrated that degree of power consistently. Also it was a very brief encounter with some unique circumstances.

Saying that he is the best fighter hardly explains how superman is supposed to win here. Surfer has simply to many offensive options for him to contend with outside of a plot driven environment. Add the fact that CIS is off which means that surfer can use those options in the most effective ways possible (een the wackiest of tactics which surfer would never use within a comic are viable in this case) and the outcome is sealed.

Supermans best and pretty much only way of taking out surfer is by physically taking him out (heat vision is extremely ineffective against someone with surfers durability and energy absorption capabilities and ice breath is even more ineffective ). However, surfer is extremely durable physically,has extremely powerful forcefieldsand can also become intangible to counter such physical blows etc. On the other hand Surfer can use multiple methods of attack which will be much more effective on superman from using red sunlight blasts, and energy draining, to simply not holding back with regular energy blasts. All of these would be more effective methods of attack the the physical approach which supes would employ.

Its pretty straightforward

Rage.Of.Olympus
rageofolympus, I gotta go to work...but I'll debunk your ridiculous nonsense later

I'll be waiting, Brucie. Have a good day at work. Just don't post scans of the Wrecker getting his ass kicked and try and claim it's Thor when you get back.

wink

Starscream M
Just don't post scans of the Wrecker getting his ass kicked and try and claim it's Thor when you get back.

laughing out loud don't worry about that

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud don't worry about that

I had a heart attack from laughing so damn hard when you did it the first time. Lol.

Anyways good luck at work. I'm going to head to bed and catch some sleep. My headache died down.

Philosophía
haermm @ people still insisting Surfer, and especially Thor, will be able to handle Superman's speed and at people confusing no CIS with "I'm in control of my character's powerset and multi-task abilities in a way that Surfer hasn't ever been able to do".

In that case, I'll go invisible & intangible while zooming around the battlefield at >lightspeed and constantly modifying the vibrational frequency my body operates so that there's no possible way anything will ever touch me while, in the meantime, I either use T-Vo or a multiversal counter-frequency to erase both of you from the face of creation like Superman has done to Darkseid in Final Crisis. Or just punch you to death.

This is fun. dur

gogogadgetgo
I've seen too many awkward scenarios and crap, so I'm laying it all out. Some uber-entity nabs Silver Surfer, Superman, and Thor, and throws them on an isolated planet they can't destroy and can't leave. The planet is no bigger than frigging Rhode Island.

If Surfer loses, his home planet will be destroyed(I don't recall if it's already destroyed or resurrected in recent continuity, but let's pretend regardless).
If Superman loses, Earth will be destroyed.
If Thor loses, Asgard will be destroyed(let's pretend again).

They will fight ALL OUT. They will use every, any, and all powers at their disposal, regardless of what's in or out of character. No BFR. No prep. Standard gear. Current incarnations. They hit/shoot/and aim to kill.

Who finally wins?

with asgard's survival at stake, thor goes mad with warrior madness and beats superman and surfer to death at the same time.

basilisk

...Thor's stated that he can damage Adamantium though and has as I recall.

...Thor can fight hours, weeks, and countless months on end without any sustenance. Sustenance isn’t a problem for him.

...Thor can use Mjolnir to heal the damage he has taken as well if needed.

...Thor if needed can amp his strength extremely as well.

...he could just use Mjolnir to say, become intangible...Thor can also turn intangible/invisible.

...Thor can do practically anything as well

Can Thor actually do all this? I mean, I've read a lot of Thor and I know the guy has shown a lot of powers over the years (some of which were never seen again) but I can't remember all this. Are there examples? Particularly the intangibility/invisibility and healing stuff?

Sasaraixx
Erm, I don't like 3-way matches. You are likely to have 2 people gang up on the other and in this case, whoever the unlucky person is gets bounced.

Anyway, SS > Thor > Supes I think.

Blanket
rageofolympus, I gotta go to work...but I'll debunk your ridiculous nonsense later brb, vigilante

-Pr-

batdude123

leonidas

psycho gundam
phil takes this superman thing a liiiitle too personally.

batdude123
Originally posted by psycho gundam
phil takes this superman thing a liiiitle too personally.

Not really. It's more of a satire on how SS is portrayed on KMC most of the time.

psycho gundam
true, but only when it's vs superman a problem arises.

there is superman hate on this forum, but in this thread, superman potentially losing (not due to some of the crazy stuff said here) isn't really far fetched at all.

batdude123

there is superman hate on this forum, but in this thread, superman potentially losing (not due to some of the crazy stuff said here) isn't really far fetched at all.

No, but the Surfer wanking is, at times, incredibly ridiculous on this forum. So much so that it becomes laughable.

He may only point it out when Superman is involved, but it just echoes how SS is portrayed as a whole.

leonidas
with cis off, i don't think it's all that far-fetched to see him winning either. it's always next to impossible to say who wins if cis is off, because suddenly all the ridiculous almost never used powers come into play, as do all inconsistent feats.

psycho gundam
exactly.

these three characters + no c.i.s. is bait.

to get mad at stuff said in this thread is ironic since the more ridiculous shit will be said here since cis is gone.

batdude123
Meh, I don't think he's mad at the fact.

kgkg
Someone always get emotional in Surfer , Thor , Superman threads.

psycho gundam
well, if you're going to start a post off with: "i love it when___",

*inert cam'ron.gif*

Pr does it too stick out tongue

Originally posted by kgkg
Someone always get emotional in Surfer , Thor , Superman threads. always

and this thread is the ultimate tear jerker for all of them.

batdude123
Pr is a different story though. He creams his pants whenever he sees Superman is involved in a thread.

leonidas
but can't deny it makes for some hilarious reading. big grin

-Pr-
well, if you're going to start a post off with: "i love it when___",

*inert cam'ron.gif*

Pr does it too stick out tongue

always

and this thread is the ultimate tear jerker for all of them.

i just agree with batdude. the fact that i don't tend to post in surfer threads is an indication of how right philo is, even though i've read almost every surfer comic ever published and love the guy to death.

it gets severely out of hand, and tbh, i don't want to be seen to be adding weight to what are ridiculous arguments at times.

Originally posted by batdude123
Pr is a different story though. He creams his pants whenever he sees Superman is involved in a thread.

only when you post in them.

zeel
Originally posted by Naija boy
Saying that he is the best fighter hardly explains how superman is supposed to win here. Surfer has simply to many offensive options for him to contend with outside of a plot driven environment. Add the fact that CIS is off which means that surfer can use those options in the most effective ways possible (een the wackiest of tactics which surfer would never use within a comic are viable in this case) and the outcome is sealed.

Supermans best and pretty much only way of taking out surfer is by physically taking him out (heat vision is extremely ineffective against someone with surfers durability and energy absorption capabilities and ice breath is even more ineffective ). However, surfer is extremely durable physically,has extremely powerful forcefieldsand can also become intangible to counter such physical blows etc. On the other hand Surfer can use multiple methods of attack which will be much more effective on superman from using red sunlight blasts, and energy draining, to simply not holding back with regular energy blasts. All of these would be more effective methods of attack the the physical approach which supes would employ.

Its pretty straightforward

heat vision is extremely ineffective against someone with surfers durability and energy absorption capabilities

Good points. You can explain it all day but some people just believe what they want to believe. Some people still cling to the old speed blitz ,physical strength and duribility feats . If this was purely a slug fest its go superman,thor then surfer. With all powers being used, its prolly a tie between surfer and thor and supes goes down. Supes is to limited here. The other 2 can do anything supes can and more (for the most part). heat vision and cold breath and super hearing are of no value against thor and surfer.

Philosophía
exactly.

these three characters + no c.i.s. is bait.

to get mad at stuff said in this thread is ironic since the more ridiculous shit will be said here since cis is gone.

You could replace no CIS from my post with no PIS (the board's regular rules) and the point still stands.

Master Court

batdude123
Ok, let's keep your warrior madness on the other forum. I mean, this is very engrossing stuff, like when I managed to argue catsh*t off my carpet and into a litter box in just over 42 minutes, but I'd rather not juggle your rants. You seem a tad more dense than catsh*t.

crylaugh

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by basilisk
Can Thor actually do all this? I mean, I've read a lot of Thor and I know the guy has shown a lot of powers over the years (some of which were never seen again) but I can't remember all this. Are there examples? Particularly the intangibility/invisibility and healing stuff?

Yes Thor can do all that was listed.

Yes he can heal. He has healed beings from severe injuries and I even recall him healing someone on the brink of death in a moment. He even healed a bed ridden severely ill/wounded Sif in a moment, but I don't recall of she was dying or not though.

He has even turned others intangible/invisible. I recall him doing so to his fellow Avenger. Doing so is no problem.

Bouboumaster
still Surfer

Naija boy

thumb up

Juntai

The Nuul
ZOMG!!! Supes losing....that's blasphemy!

That can't happen.

batdude123
No. On KMC, Surfer losing is blasphemy, and can't happen.

Mindship
This is a tough call.

Superman's main handicaps are his weaknesses...but he has shown varying levels of vulnerability to them, so a one-shot weakness exploitation can not be taken for granted. And of all these guys, Superman has shown greatest tendency (IMO) to rise to overwhelming challenges. It's one of the reasons so many readers hate him.

Thor. We've seen Thor go all out with madness; we've seen what a godblast can accomplish. His main handicap is that he depends on Mjolnir for much (not all) of what he can do.

Surfer. The most versatile of the bunch, and hardly lacking in power or durability...plus, we've never seen what an all-out insane Surfer could do (at least I haven't).

So, yeah, my first instincts are to say Superman goes out first, and Thor eventually wins. My second instinct, though, is that this outcome is quite arguable.

Master Court

Rage.Of.Olympus
Tough sh*t! Surfer wins!

Hey, everybody! We're all gonna get laid!

Lol.

Concession accepted.

abhilegend
Bump.

DARTH POWER
Oh for the love of...

They all win. They all lose. It can go either way. These are the big 3 in comics.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Oh for the love of...

They all win. They all lose. It can go either way. These are the big 3 in comics.
No weiy!! Blackholes and kryptonite in a nanosecond ftw.
dur

Zack Fair
A 3 way favors Superman IMO.Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Oh for the love of...

Thor stopped being top dog ages ago awesome

biensalsa

abhilegend

quanchi112
Thor.
Surfer.
Superman.

Decimus

Placidity
Surfer
Superman
Thor

8swords
current incarnations? that means DCNU supes right?..

going with supes, hes a total badass now!! woohoo

-Pr-
Originally posted by abhilegend
Bump.

You're fired.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
You're fired.
Bada has given me immunity to your tyranny.
sneer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.