Darkrai vs MewTwo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MooCowofJustice
Darkrai vs MewTwo.

Any thoughts? Personally I think Darkrai, but I want to see what everyone else thinks.

ScreamPaste
Aurasphere FTW :P

MooCowofJustice
Darkrai used a Dark Void barrier to hold back a Roar of Time and a Spacial Rend at the same time. I think he might be able to handle an Aurasphere. :P

ScreamPaste
MewTwo > Palkia and Dialga :P

MooCowofJustice
MewTwo > Two Dieties at the same time?

The simple clash from their power was going to send the down into dimensional oblivion.

ScreamPaste
That's what happens when space and time both screw up at the same time, yes :P

MooCowofJustice
Don't make me get the numbers out!

I found Sasook. diva

ScreamPaste
OMG **** SMILEY FTW

Get your numbers! NAO!

MooCowofJustice
MewTwo's special attack, 154.

Palkia's special attack, 150.

Dialga's special attack, 150.

150 + 150 = 300.

300 > 154.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Aurasphere FTW :P
He stole that move from Lucario for not being in Brawl didn't he? laughing out loud It's even better on Mewtwo since he's got much higher special attack.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
MewTwo's special attack, 154.

Palkia's special attack, 150.

Dialga's special attack, 150.

150 + 150 = 300.

300 > 154.
He said "Mewtwo > Palkia and Dialga", not "Mewtwo > Palkia and Dialga combined".

And it's not like Darkrai has a special attack of 300 itself or anything.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
He stole that move from Lucario for not being in Brawl didn't he? laughing out loud It's even better on Mewtwo since he's got much higher special attack.

He said "Mewtwo > Palkia and Dialga", not "Mewtwo > Palkia and Dialga combined".

And it's not like Darkrai has a special attack of 300 itself or anything.

Doesn't matter. Darkrai stopped both Dialga and Palkia's best moves with one barrier. He took their combined force, which would be better than what MewTwo can throw at him.

SuperLuigi
mewtwo does foresight and dynamic punch. mewtwo is far greater in stats to be bothered by a lowly sp. atk. shield. physical M2 is stronger even though darkrai has the type advantage. mewtwo has so many weapons its crazy to think of a one on one in pkmn world that can beat him.

Ridley_Prime
Doesn't matter. Darkrai stopped both Dialga and Palkia's best moves with one barrier. He took their combined force, which would be better than what MewTwo can throw at him.
Being a dark type though, Darkrai is weak to fighting-type moves. Roar of Time and Special Rend are not fighting moves. Aura Sphere is.
Mewtwo has higher speed as well, so he attacks first with that move.

GG Darkrai.

MooCowofJustice
Being a dark type though, Darkrai is weak to fighting-type moves. Roar of Time and Special Rend are not fighting moves. Aura Sphere is.
Mewtwo has higher speed as well, so he attacks first with that move.

GG Darkrai.

Darkrai can travel as a shadow on the ground. An attack power of 300 is still way better than MewTwo's even with the Super Effective bonus.

Darkrai has also stopped a physical charge from Palkia and Dialga at the same time.

Edit: It is also enhanced by the fact that Roar of Time and Spacial Rend have higher attack power as moves than Aura Sphere does.

Ridley_Prime
Darkrai can travel as a shadow on the ground. An attack power of 300 is still way better than MewTwo's even with the Super Effective bonus.
Except Darkrai doesn't have an attack power of 300. His is 135.

Edit: It is also enhanced by the fact that Roar of Time and Spacial Rend have higher attack power as moves than Aura Sphere does.
Doesn't matter. Aura Sphere will still deal more damage to him regardless because of the type bonus. Darkrai may have shielded against two powerful dragon-type moves (Roar of Time and Special Rend) with his barrier, but I doubt he can do the same against an attack he's actually weak against.

Mewtwo's also faster as I said, giving him another advantage, and unlike Darkrai, he also has Recover. Things are still very well in his favor.

MooCowofJustice
Except Darkrai doesn't have an attack power of 300. His is 135.

Doesn't matter. Aura Sphere will still deal more damage to him regardless because of the type bonus. Darkrai may have shielded against two powerful dragon-type moves (Roar of Time and Special Rend) with his barrier, but I doubt he can do the same against an attack he's actually weak against.

Mewtwo's also faster as I said, giving him another advantage, and unlike Darkrai, he also has Recover. Things are still very well in his favor.

That's true, but Palkia and Dialga combined, do.

No it doesn't. The Super Effective bonus on a 90 damage attack with a base Sp. Atk stat of 154 will not do more damage than an attack with a base power of 300 from an attack power of 300.

Darkrai can take the hit, and put MewTwo to sleep.

SuperLuigi
fighting isnt a special type its regular attack vs regular defense. darkrai has 90 base defense. so he is basically done. plus dynamic punch will confuse him as soon as it hits.

MooCowofJustice
Aura Sphere is a Special Attack. They distinguished between Physical and Special moves in the newer games.

Oh, you meant your Dynamic Punch. Darkrai has stopped stronger physical attacks.

SuperLuigi
aura sphere is a fighting type attack so its power would be based on the attack power of the pokemon not the special attack.

MooCowofJustice
That's not how it works. It's a special attack, so it uses the Special Attack stat. It does not use the Attack stat because it is not a Physical move.

SuperLuigi
that makes it worse on darkrai. because its super effective and mewtwo has a higher special attack rating.

MooCowofJustice
And Darkrai has stopped more powerful things than MewTwo's Aura Sphere through stopping Dialga and Palkia's two strongest moves at the same time.

Ridley_Prime
Darkrai can take the hit, and put MewTwo to sleep.
With what? Hypnosis? That has a relatively good chance of missing, and if Darkrai uses Dark Void, he'll put himself to sleep as well.

Oh, you meant your Dynamic Punch. Darkrai has stopped stronger physical attacks.
Such as?

If you're referring to Roar of Time and Special Rend, those aren't physical.

And Darkrai has stopped more powerful things than MewTwo's Aura Sphere through stopping Dialga and Palkia's two strongest moves at the same time.
Darkrai may have shielded against two powerful dragon-type moves (Roar of Time and Special Rend) with his barrier, but I doubt he can do the same against an attack his type is actually weak against.

MooCowofJustice
With what? Hypnosis? That has a relatively good chance of missing, and if Darkrai uses Dark Void, he'll put himself to sleep as well.

Such as?

If you're referring to Roar of Time and Special Rend, those aren't physical.

Dark Void doesn't put him to sleep.

He stopped a Physical rush from both at the same time. I said that already.

It doesn't matter. Aura Sphere's super effective bonus will not be as strong as the two moves coming from more powerful Pokemon. I really don't want to have to try and do any math for it.

Ridley_Prime
Dark Void doesn't put him to sleep.
Yeah, sorry. I mis-read something when looking at Dark Void, but regardless, it's pretty capable of missing as well, unlike Aura Sphere which never misses.

It doesn't matter. Aura Sphere's super effective bonus will not be as strong as the two moves coming from more powerful Pokemon.
More powerful Pokemon? So 150 > 154? eek!

MooCowofJustice
No. 300 > 154.

They attack at the same time. You can add their attack powers.

ScreamPaste
What about canon feats, how do they stack up to MewTwo outside of numbers?

SuperLuigi
super effective makes 154 x2=308>300

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
What about canon feats, how do they stack up to MewTwo outside of numbers?

He gets smacked around quite a bit by multiple opponents, and he just keeps going. He got hit by one of Dialga and Palkia's attacks without using his barrier and it shot him to the ground in the blink of an eye. Afterwards he got back up and stopped the Roar of Time and Spacial Rend.

Originally posted by SuperLuigi
super effective makes 154 x2=308>300

Super effective multiplies Aura Sphere's base 90 power rating. Roar of Time and Spacial Rend still have 150 power ratings each. So that's two 300s against a 180 and 154.

Ridley_Prime
Roar of Time and Spacial Rend still have 150 power ratings each.
False. Roar of Time has 150, but Special Rend has a power rating of 100..

Roar of Time is just a dragon-type version of Hyper Beam anyhow (having a base power of 150 and forcing the user to skip a turn), and we've seen Mewtwo effortlessly defend himself from that.

MooCowofJustice
False. Roar of Time has 150, but Special Rend has a power rating of 100..

Roar of Time is just a dragon-type version of Hyper Beam anyhow (having a base power of 150 and forcing the user to skip a turn), and we've seen Mewtwo effortlessly defend himself from that.

Fair enough. So it's a 300 and a 250 vs a 180 and a 154.

Yes, from a Gyrados which is not super in the Special Attack department. Dialga is more powerful in that regard than said Gyrados.

Nemesis X
What else can Darkrai do? All I've seen him do was turn into a shadow and shoot shadow balls.

MooCowofJustice
I've mentioned him stopping attacks from both Dialga and Palkia at the same time. He's pretty powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.