What's with the chain on Vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Seriously, what's with the chain around Darth Vader's neck? Is it supposed to be a symbol or is it just for looks or what?

Gideon
I thought it was to hold up his cape.

But perhaps he's indulging in some goth/emo fashion fad?

Lord Lucien
What's wrong with a chain? Better that holding his cape than a torn barrette.

Nemesis X
I highly doubt that chain is holding his cape.

mattatom
Originally posted by Gideon
I thought it was to hold up his cape.

But perhaps he's indulging in some goth/emo fashion fad?
Gideons right it is holding up his cape as shown in TFU I believe. However when Vader glides down the steps in the fight between him and Luke in ESB you can't see the chain and from how tight it seems to be around his body its doubtful a chains keeping it in place.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Seriously, what's with the chain around Darth Vader's neck? Is it supposed to be a symbol or is it just for looks or what? Its probably a fetish sidious has hence why he wrapped a chain around vaders neck.

You know when they get in bed...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
maybe it holds up the chain, and symbolizes his being "chained" to the darkside and sids.

idk.

Lord Lucien
It's a chain, it's acting as a fastener for his cape. Big whoop, everyone shut up about it, including me.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's a chain, it's acting as a fastener for his cape. Big whoop, everyone shut up about it, including me. Down Lucien Down! Let a horrendously pointless thread stay here to distract us from the intelligence annihilating thread in the vs forum which is the Battle Bar.

Red Nemesis
BB#2 not stoopid! U STOOPID

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
BB#2 not stoopid! U STOOPID
So's 38.38% of your posts. (Your post count) wink

Red Nemesis
3841 now sucker!

mattatom
Great, three more posts of crap or NO U rebuttals.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
Great, three more posts of crap or NO U rebuttals.

I disagree.

Nemesis X
Get back on topic.

Slash_KMC
Srsly dude, the topic sucks.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's a chain, it's acting as a fastener for his cape. Big whoop, everyone shut up about it, including me.

Nemesis X
The chain is not a fastener for his cape! For christ sakes it's slow in here, what the heck do you expect people to post these days? I was just curious as to why Vader has a friggin chain.

Slash_KMC
It's not a symbol, it's for looks.

Don't be surprised that when a topic get answered, people get off topic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.