Orion VS Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Orion- Current

VS

Beta Ray Bill- Current

All out battle!

God or Warrior?

grimify
Orion

Harbinger
Good fight.

Orion 7/10, IMO.

thanos-prime
BRB 7/10 imo

xJLxKing
Orion

Juk3n
Either can squeaze a majority, personally id go with Dave 6-7/

Prep-Man
orion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
An argument can be made for either. I see it being close to a split with a slight advantage going to Beta Ray Bill.

Prep-Man
i think orion is better equipped and is more versatile all around. that's going to play huge when the battle goes on and on and on...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Versatility can definitely be debated. Beta Ray Bill hasn't demonstrated nearly as many feats with Stormbreaker as Thor has with Mjolnir but if we assume he can do with Stormbreaker that Thor has done with Mjolnir, versatility and the better equip category go to Beta Ray Bill.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Versatility can definitely be debated. Beta Ray Bill hasn't demonstrated nearly as many feats with Stormbreaker as Thor has with Mjolnir but if we assume he can do with Stormbreaker that Thor has done with Mjolnir, versatility and the better equip category go to Beta Ray Bill.

how so? Orion can do pretty much anything thor can. energy manip, matter manip, time travel, healing, tracking, cosmic awareness, etc...

Philosophía
Orion.

Warlord
Bill slight edge

Allankles
Orion takes this, more versatile and more powerful. The Astro Force was capable of containing the oblivion bomb - a device capable of collapsing the whole universe.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Allankles
Orion takes this, more versatile and more powerful. The Astro Force was capable of containing the oblivion bomb - a device capable of collapsing the whole universe.

who the hell is that in your sig? and that was a crazy feat for orion!

Allankles
Originally posted by Prep-Man
who the hell is that in your sig? and that was a crazy feat for orion!

That guy is "Iboga the Last" form the Godland series (image comics). It's very much drawn and written in Kirby's style, which it to say bad ass through and through.

The writer and artist were big Kirby fans. Think Kirby's Fantastic Four or his New Gods in terms of style and scope.

A few scans:

http://h.imagehost.org/t/0823/Iboga_Transported_to_the_Spiral_City.jpg http://h.imagehost.org/t/0813/The_Tyranny_Fates_advance.jpg http://h.imagehost.org/t/0630/Iboga_Destroyed_by_the_Tyranny_Fates.jpg http://h.imagehost.org/t/0267/Iboga_ascends_to_godhood.jpg

LordofBrooklyn
I give orion the clear majority 8/10.

I don't think BRB can match his warrior intensity and that is the deciding factor here.

kgkg
I'm going with a 6/10 Orion good fight

occultdestroyer
Yes, good fight indeed.

Orion wins due to Astro Force's versaility.
Astral Harness and Mother Box would also increase his chances by tenfold.

Bouboumaster
6/10 Orion and it's a good-ass fight

Rage.Of.Olympus
how so? Orion can do pretty much anything thor can. energy manip, matter manip, time travel, healing, tracking, cosmic awareness, etc...

Counting, all the crap that Thor used to pull out of his ass whenever needed, a lot of one time crap, then nah. Versatility does go to him.

Although Orion's power set does cover a lot of the more useful abilities as you stated.

Like I said. It could really go either way.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Counting, all the crap that Thor used to pull out of his ass whenever needed, a lot of one time crap, then nah. Versatility does go to him.

Although Orion's power set does cover a lot of the more useful abilities as you stated.

Like I said. It could really go either way.

like what? orion has pulled shit out of his ass all the time. big grin

Warlord
orinon fights like a brick in most of his fights...I've rarelly seen hime using his vsrsatility

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Warlord
orinon fights like a brick in most of his fights...I've rarelly seen hime using his vsrsatility

check out his runs in new gods or his last series, which was written by walt. matter manip, time travel, density control, using the astro force for force fields, etc... plus the source is somewhat like the power cosmic. it can control most forms of energy and fundamental forces like gravity.

Warlord
check out his runs in new gods or his last series, which was written by walt. matter manip, time travel, density control, using the astro force for force fields, etc... plus the source is somewhat like the power cosmic. it can control most forms of energy and fundamental forces like gravity.

nice...I'll check....I had in mind Orion as he apeared in JLA which was no big deal

Prep-Man
nice...I'll check....I had in mind Orion as he apeared in JLA which was no big deal

i only remember one good feat for orion in the JLA run. where he actually harms IT, while the rest of the league couldn't do squat. THAT'S how powerful the Astro Force is.

Warlord
i only remember one good feat for orion in the JLA run. where he actually harms IT, while the rest of the league couldn't do squat. THAT'S how powerful the Astro Force is.

anyways...if his showings in NG series are as you suggest then he should be somewhere close to silver surfer wich gives him the slight majority

Prep-Man
anyways...if his showings in NG series are as you suggest then he should be somewhere close to silver surfer wich gives him the slight majority

he's close, but since he lacks real appearances, he doesn't have as many versatility feats. but something like thor controlling a certain type of energy that doesn't exist in the DCU doesn't necessarily mean he's more versatile. orion has controlled energies that don't exist in the MU. so it evens out.

r0nm0n88
i give this to orion, but its really close. i think these two are pretty even, but orion i think is a little more durable and stronger, otherwise extremely close. I say orion 6-7/10

LordofBrooklyn
Orion has stalemating Superman in Cosmic Odyssey and nearly killing Darkseid at the height of his exploits.

What comprable feats does BRB have?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.