Luke at His Strongest?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin4Ever
Does anybody know when Luke reached the peak of his power? I'm pretty sure he never lived up to his full potential, but I want to know when he became the most powerful Luke Skywalker ever.

Was it in Legacy of the Force? Because he was in his 50's at that time. Or was it right after Palpatine was defeated after he was reborn?

mattatom
Definately LotF, unless the writers give him another OP power I think he's set.

truejedi
well, he now knows at least 2 awesome forcepower he didn't know in LOTF, so i'm going to say FOTJ Omen Luke is currently his peak, and still getting stronger.

At least in force-power that is. Kinda like the longer Sidious had to learn, the stronger he got.

Not sure if you mean in pure combat though. If you do.... Then i'm still withholding judgement till we see how he dies, cause if he dies in a glorious enough way, THAT could still be his combat peak.

mattatom
Haven't read FOTJ yet, working my way through the Novelisations since they hold many secrets.

Incanus
If he dies taking out a whole planet covering army, then he is at the epitome of uber. He is only uber now.

truejedi
still think he could do that to the CIS by cloaking himself, sitting on a rock, and floating his lightsaber around and killing droids. Only problem would be if they shot the saber handle itself and it got shorted out i guess. I don't see why he couldn't cloak that too sometimes though... like when he got too many of the droids together.

I simply can't see any number of useless battle droids. (who were always getting destroyed with 0 effort by absolutely everybody) taking Luke down.

Call me an idealist i guess.

Any problems with the idea of him cloaking himself?

Someone said thermal imaging. Show me where normal battle droids had thermal imaging.

Sorry, wrong thread, but it had to be said.

mattatom
Originally posted by truejedi
still think he could do that to the CIS by cloaking himself, sitting on a rock, and floating his lightsaber around and killing droids. Only problem would be if they shot the saber handle itself and it got shorted out i guess. I don't see why he couldn't cloak that too sometimes though... like when he got too many of the droids together.

I simply can't see any number of useless battle droids. (who were always getting destroyed with 0 effort by absolutely everybody) taking Luke down.

Call me an idealist i guess.

Any problems with the idea of him cloaking himself?

Someone said thermal imaging. Show me where normal battle droids had thermal imaging.

Sorry, wrong thread, but it had to be said. Or... Hide behind said rock and use Emerald Lightning and laugh as it chains together the entire army and fries them.

Gideon
The Confederacy would simply level the planet Luke was on from orbit. Sorry, TJ, but a thousand Lukes wouldn't be sufficient to take on a galaxy spanning paramilitary force.

mattatom
The droids are getting smarter then Quote Kenobi, ROTS. Oh those intelligent droids.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Gideon
The Confederacy would simply level the planet Luke was on from orbit. Sorry, TJ, but a thousand Lukes wouldn't be sufficient to take on a galaxy spanning paramilitary force.

Hmm, 1,000 Luke Skywalkers should be able to execute massive force crushes on entire fleets I would assume. Or if they had access to a black hole to envelope the fleet in.

Gideon
Vorpal Ruin
Hmm, 1,000 Luke Skywalkers should be able to execute massive force crushes on entire fleets I would assume.

He'd probably damage half a dozen ships before the rest of the fleet, with great care and dilligence, rearranged his atoms.

Possibly, under the proper circumstances. But Luke would be far too busy dealing with a diet consisting of turbolasers and missiles.

truejedi

i of course didn't mean capital ships or anything larger than regular battle droids.

That is what that thread specified.

You are of course correct in your above quote if the actual entire CIS was involved, but I meant all along, all the regular battle droids WITHIN the CIS, as specified by the thread.

truejedi
Originally posted by mattatom
The droids are getting smarter then Quote Kenobi, ROTS. Oh those intelligent droids.
ummm... the regular battle droids were clearly not getting smarter in ROTS. Ditto for the Super Battle droids. They were getting stupider by the minute on the big screen.

xJLxKing
Did he fight Sidious? When Luke beat Sidious clone body, he reached his peak

truejedi
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Did he fight Sidious? When Luke beat Sidious clone body, he reached his peak sad sad sad sad sad

xJLxKing
sad sad sad sad sad
What?

truejedi
Originally posted by xJLxKing
What?

well, luke improves significantly for many many years after the events of DE. DE luke isn't even quite on the level of JA Luke. JA luke gets challenged by Gantoris (i think that was his name) gets owned by KYP, (Albeit Aided by Kun), and eventually is rescued by the students from his academy.

Either NJO Luke, LOTF luke, or FOTJ Luke would have to be considered peak at this time, but certainly nothing before those times.

mattatom
ummm... the regular battle droids were clearly not getting smarter in ROTS. Ditto for the Super Battle droids. They were getting stupider by the minute on the big screen.
Thats what Obi Wan says in ROTS. Merely quoting.

truejedi
which droids were he taking about at that time mattatom?

Nephthys
Space ship droids (actual spaceships) and later Buzz droids.

edit: Oddly, he also notes that the Republic is losing the war, and that hundreds of systems have been taken. I assume however that his musings have been retconned in the face of... all the CW cartoons.

REXXXX
Is the cloaking thing a Mind Trick? If so, it wouldn't work on battle droids in the first place...

mattatom
Originally posted by REXXXX
Is the cloaking thing a Mind Trick? If so, it wouldn't work on battle droids in the first place...
Unless he can use the force to bend light around him.

truejedi
I don't think its a mind trick. In Black Fleet Trilogy: Its the Fallansi Technique that successfully hid Fallanasi village from Yevetha "sensors" (Wiki)

It was also used to create a phantom fleet of ships that also fooled the ships sensors.

Gideon
Ah, yes. Let's discuss the great Luke Skywalker and how he has been so terribly neutered by LFL.

He duels Lady Rhea and Vestara (the Sith's answer to Ben) to a standstill before Rhea gets distracted by an opening door and Luke dismembers her. The narration specifically notes that he is trying to kill her and the only way he defeats her is when she is distracted. He also suffers multiple injuries.

Most powerful my ass.

truejedi
Ah, yes. Let's discuss the great Luke Skywalker and how he has been so terribly neutered by LFL.

He duels Lady Rhea and Vestara (the Sith's answer to Ben) to a standstill before Rhea gets distracted by an opening door and Luke dismembers her. The narration specifically notes that he is trying to kill her and the only way he defeats her is when she is distracted. He also suffers multiple injuries.

Most powerful my ass.

lol, i'll get the book tomorrow. I couldn't resist that spoiler alert there though! they are so desperately trying to make it seem as though ben and luke are in life-threatening situations, they are making it seems as though,

A. Luke is pathetically weak, and we better backtrack and call LOTF Luke's peak.

or
B. everyone Luke ever meets now is as powerful (or moreso than Caedus.)

Actually, wouldn't the results of this fight imply that Vestara==Caedus?

Gideon
The truth to the matter is that outside of the Bane novels, authors don't go out of their way to aggrandize their characters of choice. Which is both a positive and a negative. Really, all throughout Legacy of the Force, Lumiya and Vader were used as measuring sticks for power. To be Lumiya-level in LotF is to be enormously badass.

Luke, simply put, has become lame. And it's obnoxious. No one says he has to own everyone with a gesture. But as a duelist, he really should be pretty much peerless.

Red Nemesis
Which is, naturally, enormously pathetic.

Gideon
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Which is, naturally, enormously pathetic.

Extremely.

On the one hand, Jaina, Jag, and Zekk all muse in Exile or Tempest that "Lumiya fought to a standstill," thereby concluding that she's "clearly Master level."

Yet the same series also depicts Lumiya being critically wounded against Jedi Master Tresina Lobi...

Even when Lumiya has the assistance of Alema Rar in combat.

Make. Up. Your. Damn. Minds. LFL.

Dr McBeefington
I think i'm going to take a vacation....To Skywalker ranch. I'm going to bring my video camera and film it as I'm kicking the force out of George Lucas for being a ****.

truejedi
he really should be peerless. Maybe not everyone, but I would enjoy the books more if he were to be honest. Maybe he should continue in his "if i fight i'll go to the darkside" approach, as lame as that was.

EDIT: Also, i guess we have to compare this to the 501st losing to the ewoks... (just by reading threads around here that you won out on PIS in the end Gideon, and who am i to fight the institution, especially when its so darn convenient this time?)

Red Nemesis
*they weren't actually losing*

Dr McBeefington
he really should be peerless. Maybe not everyone, but I would enjoy the books more if he were to be honest. Maybe he should continue in his "if i fight i'll go to the darkside" approach, as lame as that was.

EDIT: Also, i guess we have to compare this to the 501st losing to the ewoks... (just by reading threads around here that you won out on PIS in the end Gideon, and who am i to fight the institution, especially when its so darn convenient this time?)

I agree. I'm done reading this series. If they have to continue their LOTF bullshit about unrealistically trying to weaken luke, then there's no point to continue. These authors are incompetent beyond belief and the fact that Lucas doesn't put a stop to it really shows us how far the original idea has fallen.

Gideon

Pardon?

truejedi
Pardon?

we had a discussion about being allowed to include PIS in debates. (such as an evaluation of the Empire.)

At the time, i was against it.

That was way back in the day though.

Nephthys
You mean Lumiya who was losing to no-name jedi Nelani in Betrayal? erm

truejedi
to quote Les Mis:

" the law is inside out" The world is upside down"

Incanus
Yeah, strange how the most powerful force user in history, AND a master of multiple styles, gets his ass kicked around, AND nameless people beat the person he lsot to. If that is the fact of the matter, then force users were incredibly weak across history.

Hewhoknowsall
Luke could probably pwn lots and lots of battle droids, but ALL of the battle droids???? There are a quadrillion +!!!! Even if he killed hundreds a second and the battle droids just stood there, it would take multiple lifetimes to kill them all.

Hewhoknowsall
And @Gideon, Luke at that point was so weak that he could barely speak, and yet he (with some help from Ben) beat 12 sith. In my opinion, that's actually a feat to be added to his feat list rather then a bad showing.

Allankles
Personally if Luke isn't going to be chellenged in a fight, then the writer shouldn't write him fighting.

We've gone past the point of speculating on Luke's power (the Vong Wars should have ended any and all speculation on his power level). Now the focus should be on writing a good story to wrap up his legacy.

If he comes to blows with anyone or anything it should be in a challenging situation, nothing less (if the authors have to wax poetic about the relative difficulty of his challenge to maintain fictional consistency so be it).

Dr McBeefington
There's a difference between pitting him someone on his level and pitting him against a no name who's never fought anyone outside her planet, and making the fight even.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Luke could probably pwn lots and lots of battle droids, but ALL of the battle droids???? There are a quadrillion +!!!! Even if he killed hundreds a second and the battle droids just stood there, it would take multiple lifetimes to kill them all.

he wouldnt be able to kill them all anyway.

luke cant solo any entire faction by himself be it the clones or the droids or the empire or even the shitty rebels. the sheer fact that hes human and he has to sleep and eat and drink eventually makes sure of that.

The Ground
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
he wouldnt be able to kill them all anyway.

luke cant solo any entire faction by himself be it the clones or the droids or the empire or even the shitty rebels. the sheer fact that hes human and he has to sleep and eat and drink eventually makes sure of that. PIS. Khoonda Militia.

Ms.Marvel
having to eat and sleep is PIS?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
There's a difference between pitting him someone on his level and pitting him against a no name who's never fought anyone outside her planet, and making the fight even.

There were 12 of them, and Luke hadn't eaten or drunken for several weeks. And yet he still won (with Ben's help, but Luke did most of the actual fighting)

emporerpants
ben said that luke was in no condition to fight and the narration said he could barely hold a lightsaber.

truejedi
Fate of the Jedi, and getting stronger. His control of the force increases in every book, since the nature of the force means experience and study of the force jacks up your skills fo sho!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.