By Popular Demand . . . Logan v Growing Gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
the next opponent enters when the previous one is in trouble. as always ohko's are acceptable. how many does logan take out before he falls?

1. punisher
2. kingpin
3. black knight
4. cage
5. hawkman
6. joker
7. classic quicksilver
8. namor
9. wasp
10. she-hulk

Parmaniac
definately at 7, not sure about the guys before. I think it could stop at cage (4)

EDIT: wait does Punisher has his current arsenal?

Juk3n
Adamantium clad Reen risks KO at 8 and 10 , could potentialy clear it though

Creshosk
Originally posted by Parmaniac
definately at 7, not sure about the guys before. I think it could stop at cage (4)

EDIT: wait does Punisher has his current arsenal? If he does, Wolverine doesn't make it past 1.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Creshosk
If he does, Wolverine doesn't make it past 1.

that's what I was thinking too

leonidas
he has just his standard gear. gun, knife, whatever his typical body armor is . . . all the classic stuff.

Battlehammer
If he does, Wolverine doesn't make it past 1.
Yes he would, punisher new arsenal is not standard eqiptment, not all of it anyways, and punisher does not get prep here.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by leonidas
the next opponent enters when the previous one is in trouble. as always ohko's are acceptable. how many does logan take out before he falls?

1. punisher
2. kingpin
3. black knight
4. cage
5. hawkman
6. joker
7. classic quicksilver
8. namor
9. wasp
10. she-hulk
order kinda wierd, hawkman should be far higher. also why is joker so high?

Philosophía

Creshosk
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Yes he would, punisher new arsenal is not standard eqiptment, not all of it anyways, and punisher does not get prep here. That's what the specification is for.. if he GETS his new arsenal, then he HAS his new arsenal. But since it was specified he doesn't... the point is moot.

order kinda wierd, hawkman should be far higher. also why is joker so high? Like the other one, this isn't an order of power, this is just the order of who shows up.

Battlehammer
That's what the specification is for.. if he GETS his new arsenal, then he HAS his new arsenal. But since it was specified he doesn't... the point is moot.

Like the other one, this isn't an order of power, this is just the order of who shows up.

But just becuases he has his equiptment does not make it all standard. Just like Punisher classic standard equiptment does not mean he has a rocket launcher. His new arsenal has many things he does not career around unless he has prep, such as pym mask.

oh ok

leonidas
they know logan is waiting for them, they just don't know when he'll attack or where from--that's his advantage. punisher STILL might have time to get off a lucky shot before logan slices him in half though, no?

Battlehammer
they know logan is waiting for them, they just don't know when he'll attack or where from--that's his advantage. punisher STILL might have time to get off a lucky shot before logan slices him in half though, no?

He in a featureless enviroment......how will he ambush them?

even if Punisher got a shot off won't do anything to wolverine with his classic equptment. However Logan aint getting past hawkman.

leonidas
punisher wouldn't know the direction of the attack. i figured it wouldn't do much, but it might give time to get the second person in before castle is skewered.

i find it interesting you think he stops at hawkman though.

Battlehammer
punisher wouldn't know the direction of the attack. i figured it wouldn't do much, but it might give time to get the second person in before castle is skewered.

i find it interesting you think he stops at hawkman though.
But does it really matter if Punisher knows I mean they start quite far away from one another, I find it hard to believe Punisher would be unable to figure out which dirrection. Punisher be dead before the second person came to aid him.

Claw of Horras FTW

I am full of surprizes as the popularity hero thread shows.

Juntai
But does it really matter if Punisher knows I mean they start quite far away from one another, I find it hard to believe Punisher would be unable to figure out which dirrection. Punisher be dead before the second person came to aid him.

Claw of Horras FTW

I am full of surprizes as the popularity hero thread shows. Horus.

StiltmanFTW
Claw of Horus* stick out tongue Is it his standard equipment, though?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Juntai
Horus.
dam my mistake, I not a huge Hawkman fan and I was not sure how it was spelled.

Juntai
dam my mistake, I not a huge Hawkman fan and I was not sure how it was spelled. It's cool. Just correcting it. big grin

leonidas
dam my mistake, I not a huge Hawkman fan and I was not sure how it was spelled.

laughing out loud

no worries on spelling, BH. but he doesn't have the claw for this battle, bro. still think carter stops him?

Battlehammer
laughing out loud

no worries on spelling, BH. but he doesn't have the claw for this battle, bro. still think carter stops him?
I would think not, but he could be a pain sinces he can fly, so even if injuried he could fly away and wait untill the odds favored him.

Juntai
I would think not, but he could be a pain sinces he can fly, so even if injuried he could fly away and wait untill the odds favored him. Yah, and he'd heal during that time too, since he's got a healing factor.

I dunno if he stops at Hawkman, but it's definately where he really starts to slow down.

Original Smurph
Nah, Hawkman stops him, especially since these guys enter as soon as the former are in trouble, so likely Cage and Black Knight are still around.

I'd probably give Hawkman the win, or at least say he draws even, even without the other two though.

Battlehammer
Yah, and he'd heal during that time too, since he's got a healing factor.

I dunno if he stops at Hawkman, but it's definately where he really starts to slow down.
I agree, how good is hawkman healing factor?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Nah, Hawkman stops him, especially since these guys enter as soon as the former are in trouble, so likely Cage and Black Knight are still around.

I'd probably give Hawkman the win, or at least say he draws even, even without the other two though.
Black Knight beign around is doubtful, also it depends what trouble means, im pretty sure if Logan had BK in trouble BK be dead before Luke Cage got to him.

Also Luke kinda the worst person to fight wolverine, he the type of guy wolverien was built to fight ecpt he vast weaker.

Juntai
I agree, how good is hawkman healing factor? Varies like all healing factors, but his nth metal seems to give him a great bit of durability to go along with it. All of his stats are pretty much much enhanced.
without looking if I'm remembering right, Slade gave him a good slash during the fight in Identity Crisis, and it left a slash across his chest, but was gone a couple panels later.
I don't collect Hawkman though, so I mostly have crossovers, appearances and JSA to go from.

Battlehammer
Varies like all healing factors, but his nth metal seems to give him a great bit of durability to go along with it. All of his stats are pretty much much enhanced.
without looking if I'm remembering right, Slade gave him a good slash during the fight in Identity Crisis, and it left a slash across his chest, but was gone a couple panels later.
I don't collect Hawkman though, so I mostly have crossovers, appearances and JSA to go from.

nice, I think it kinda at wolverine old levels, good enough to take a few slashes and keep fighting, but after a while it can be taxed. Though i could be wrong.

Original Smurph
Black Knight beign around is doubtful, also it depends what trouble means, im pretty sure if Logan had BK in trouble BK be dead before Luke Cage got to him.

Also Luke kinda the worst person to fight wolverine, he the type of guy wolverien was built to fight ecpt he vast weaker. Even if they just serve as momentary distractions, it still helps.

I reckon Hawkman takes him.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Even if they just serve as momentary distractions, it still helps.

I reckon Hawkman takes him.
who? BK? Here the thing neighter BK or Luke Cage will make it long enough alive to be there when HawlkMan shows up. Though Hawlkman could diffently make it long enough for many others higher then him to. So hawlkman would be the down fall of wolverine though I doubt Hawlkman him self would take a majority form wolverine, though I could be wrong.

Original Smurph
who? BK? Here the thing neighter BK or Luke Cage will make it long enough alive to be there when HawlkMan shows up. Not how it works. As soon as Wolverine gains any advantage, the next guy appears. So as soon as Logan gets within a foot of either of these guys and parry's a blow, or when his claws get close, the next guy is there. Meaning even if Logan kills them shortly afterwards, that still gives Hawkman time to hit from behind.

It's really trivial though, because Hawkman would equal with Wolverine anyways, so when Wolverine kills Joker and Logan has to deal with Hawkman and Quicksilver, it's probably over.

leonidas
i figured QS + carter would pretty much be the end of it. if not, i don't think he'd get very much further.

Hyperion Prime
People are selling Black Knight short here. The Ebony Blade cannot be broken by Wolverines Adamantium. They have fought before and neither had the edge. BK aint no Bytch!!!

Digi
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
People are selling Black Knight short here. The Ebony Blade cannot be broken by Wolverines Adamantium. They have fought before and neither had the edge. BK aint no Bytch!!!

What he said.

BK has the potential to solo, especially with the Ebony Blade. That thing knocked goddamn Odin on his ass. BK dependings largely on his incarnation, however. Vibro-blade BK loses. Ebony Blade or White-Pegasus-Riding one wins. Also, Mungi really needs to come in here and start chopping heads off. Hawkman wins 1-v-1 as well most times as well, imo. Dude heals every bit as fast as Logan (or nearly so), Nth metal would definitely f-- Logan up, and his base stats are leagues beyond Logan's, into the Iron Man range.

So yes, Quicksilver would end it, as most have been saying. But it would be over well before that. I say he occasionally stops at 3, and definitely stops at 5.

Creshosk
But just becuases he has his equiptment does not make it all standard. Characters are not limited to their standard gear if the OP specifies that they may have gear beyond the normal.

Just like Punisher classic standard equiptment does not mean he has a rocket launcher. His new arsenal has many things he does not career around unless he has prep, such as pym mask. Irrelevant. If he's given his new arsenal he has it. period, end of statement. His "standard" equipment is irrelevant if the OP specifies he gets something else..

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi
What he said.

BK has the potential to solo, especially with the Ebony Blade. That thing knocked goddamn Odin on his ass. BK dependings largely on his incarnation, however. Vibro-blade BK loses. Ebony Blade or White-Pegasus-Riding one wins. Also, Mungi really needs to come in here and start chopping heads off. Hawkman wins 1-v-1 as well most times as well, imo. Dude heals every bit as fast as Logan (or nearly so), Nth metal would definitely f-- Logan up, and his base stats are leagues beyond Logan's, into the Iron Man range.

So yes, Quicksilver would end it, as most have been saying. But it would be over well before that. I say he occasionally stops at 3, and definitely stops at 5.

you could be right about BK--i did a bk vs logan thread a long time ago and said BK could take some. he has the EB in this, but even with that he was only able to hold his own against logan. logan DOES have the far superior speed feats, higher base stats and in this setting the OPENING MOVE. i think given all those things, BK would go down. i see it as possible though he might be able to partially dodge the opening attack and MAYBE be alive for when the next person comes in. without a healing factor either it is hard to say how injured he might be though.

i've always liked BK (most especially the late 90's avengers-leader take on him . . .)

as for whether or not logan takes carter in straight 1on1. i think it's pretty close . . . here again though that first attack is all-important for logan. could carter sense where he's coming from, react and dodge in time to avoid being seriously harmed or having his wings clipped? not sure, but a definite maybe.

haven't seen anyone think he passes QS regardless though.

Digi
you could be right about BK--i did a bk vs logan thread a long time ago and said BK could take some. he has the EB in this, but even with that he was only able to hold his own against logan. logan DOES have the far superior speed feats, higher base stats and in this setting the OPENING MOVE. i think given all those things, BK would go down. i see it as possible though he might be able to partially dodge the opening attack and MAYBE be alive for when the next person comes in. without a healing factor either it is hard to say how injured he might be though.

i've always liked BK (most especially the late 90's avengers-leader take on him . . .)

as for whether or not logan takes carter in straight 1on1. i think it's pretty close . . . here again though that first attack is all-important for logan. could carter sense where he's coming from, react and dodge in time to avoid being seriously harmed or having his wings clipped? not sure, but a definite maybe.

haven't seen anyone think he passes QS regardless though.

I think Logan could get a free stab, and Carter would still take the majority. You have a point with BK, but that's also why I said he would only stop there occasionally.

Battlehammer

Battlehammer
If that came off disrespect full I did not mean it to bee, im a little loopy from my pain medicine so my heads not 100% clear.

Digi

Battlehammer

Hyperion Prime

Sin I AM
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) All of this is garbage. We all know you think Wolverine>God, Buddha and Allah. LOL Hawkman just fought Black Adam and he was hanging with him. Wolverine is a bytch. laughing laughing

your talkin about the fight where he got his wings ripped off?

Anywho I agree with whoeva said he will get stopped cold at Black Knight, people need to learn to respect the Ebony Blade and Wolverine is not leagues above him in temrs of skill

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Sin I AM
your talkin about the fight where he got his wings ripped off?

Anywho I agree with whoeva said he will get stopped cold at Black Knight, people need to learn to respect the Ebony Blade and Wolverine is not leagues above him in temrs of skill

I said it first about BK uhuh big grin

I dont remeber him getting his wings ripped off, but he would still beat logan.

Sin I AM
i recall him tryin to stop BA and held his own for a while but ultimately got owned. But your right abotu him beating Logan and about Black Knight, who I think may be dead last I read MI:13

illadelph12
I'd say 5.

Digi

Badabing
Guys, there was a report from this thread. Let's be civil.

leonidas
Originally posted by Badabing
Guys, there was a report from this thread. Let's be civil.

really? confused

it's been quite civil the entire time . . . positive it was THIS thread? erm

Battlehammer
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) All of this is garbage. We all know you think Wolverine>God, Buddha and Allah. LOL Hawkman just fought Black Adam and he was hanging with him. Wolverine is a bytch. laughing laughing
this is far from civil, and quite in accurate to be honest, and not called for.

leonidas
this is far from civil, and quite in accurate to be honest, and not called for.

you are quite right. sorry BH--i didn't see that post. if you reported that idiocy, you were certainly warranted.

Battlehammer
You're still misunderstanding. Kinetic energy is blunt force, not an energy attack. I'm talking about a different version of him than the Ebony Blade one.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/DCComics-Hawkman2002001-04.jpg
That must be what you're referring to. And yes, that feat > peak human strength. Someone like Spider-Man couldn't even perform that feat.

As for healing...
Healing instantly from multiple wounds: http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/hm-21-09.jpg
or the arm feat I told you about:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/JLA116-07.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/JLA116-09.jpg
a few moments later, good to fight...
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/JLA116-12.jpg
and a few minutes later after the battle, completely healed except for a scar:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/JLA116-17.jpg

Someone also mentioned his good showing against Black Adam:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/hawkmanv4_25_pyrate_p14.jpg
...it was a lot of them vs. BA, but the fact that he could hurt BA at all means that his strength is off the charts compared to Logan. Anyone lower than high meta strength wouldn't even bother Adam with a glowing mace, since Adam is at Superman level in most attributes.

Well there you go. Remember, I didn't say his healing was equivalent to Logan's, I said it was close. I stand by that statement.

True, but irrelevant when we look at the individual feats and what they show us. Keep in mind, what I posted is still just a smattering of feats. There's more I could post, but a few examples take less time than copying entire posts.

The speed blitz comment was as a follow-up to a pseudo-groundstomp with his mace to throw Wolverine off balance. Context, friend. I never said he could outright speedblitz him with no other tactics. Rough equals in combat speed works for me though. Carter just has too much going for him to lose terribly often, and since I believe he'd at least have BK around to help him, Logan stops at 5. As it has been for some time.
Thank you for the scans.

I agree that hawkman were or shortly after he goes down.

However I don't get why you think BK could solo him or even be alive till hawkman. His ability to asorb kentic energy would not be of any help against wolverine, and he inferior physically as well as in fighting skill.

one last thing hurting BA does not mean his strength is off the charts compared to spiderman or wolverine. It a fact that character hurt other far beyond there strength level, that it why we use lifting feats to discern individuals strength rather then who they have hurt with there punches. Capt has hurt King Thor worse then hawlk man did with BA, does that now mean capt >>>Hawlk man.

Wolverine also not a peak-human thats a misconception created by the forum.

Battlehammer
you are quite right. sorry BH--i didn't see that post. if you reported that idiocy, you were certainly warranted.
Thanks, it not your fault.

I did report it, which was my first or second time ever doing so, I wanted to see how fast it took them to respond (which was crazy fast Bada responded moments later lol).

Hyperion Prime

dustywanky

leonidas
dustywanky

damn, that's some good stuff right there . . . damn. no expression

Battlehammer
yea isent he just the comedian.

Hyperion Prime
damn, that's some good stuff right there . . . damn. no expression

Not supposed to be funny. I just don't care.

Battlehammer
and yet you felt the need to respond, proving that you do care, if you truelly did not, then you what not have needed to respond at all.

Creshosk
yea isent he just the comedian. You mean the guy from watchmen?

Hyperion Prime
and yet you felt the need to respond, proving that you do care, if you truelly did not, then you what not have needed to respond at all.

No I was just trying to clear it up. I was explaining that the symbol was not meant to be funny. I was was posted to show I dont care. Didn't say I didnt care about the thread. Your comprehension is like this with everythig isnt it.

Battlehammer
No I was just trying to clear it up. I was explaining that the symbol was not meant to be funny. I was was posted to show I dont care. Didn't say I didnt care about the thread. Your comprehension is like this with everythig isnt it.
By posting the symbol you showed that you did care, if you did not care you would not have needed to post anything.

Battlehammer
You mean the guy from watchmen?
naw the guy with the afro below you

leonidas

oooohhhhhhhhhhh . . .

no expression

anyway . . .

Hyperion Prime
You are retarded and instead of arguing a smart person would just report me or send wolverine after me. Why I do what I do is my own buisness.

Digi
Thank you for the scans.

No problem.

However I don't get why you think BK could solo him or even be alive till hawkman. His ability to asorb kentic energy would not be of any help against wolverine, and he inferior physically as well as in fighting skill.

Kinetic energy is blunt force. Punches, stabs, etc. I.E. Logan stabs, BK parries/blocks/etc. then sends that force back at Logan. His magical shield and armor during that incarnation would be more than sufficient to keep him alive for an extended period of time.

Still, I don't know what "current" BK is. But that particular version (HA! Avalon Armor version...the name just came to me) would indeed beat Logan more often than not. Vibro-blade BK obviously loses, and Ebony Blade version could hang with Logan for a while, as is evidenced by their encounter with each other.

one last thing hurting BA does not mean his strength is off the charts compared to spiderman or wolverine. It a fact that character hurt other far beyond there strength level, that it why we use lifting feats to discern individuals strength rather then who they have hurt with there punches. Capt has hurt King Thor worse then hawlk man did with BA, does that now mean capt >>>Hawlk man.

Cap shouldn't be able to hurt Thor with punches. That's just awful writing. Hawkman, however, has repeated that feat against numerous high-level opponents. One need only to scroll through recent JSA villains to make a convincing argument for his strength level being more than enough to combat at least low herald opponents.

Besides, put that mace in maybe Spider-Man's hands. Do you think BA would even flinch, written properly. Heck no.

Wolverine also not a peak-human thats a misconception created by the forum.

Fair enough, but he's still not into, say, the Spider-Man strength range, which Hawkman is still well beyond.

Battlehammer
You are retarded and instead of arguing a smart person would just report me or send wolverine after me. Why I do what I do is my own buisness.
yup showing that you care.

leonidas

is that directed at me? confused

Battlehammer

-Pr-

just don't do it. you know full well bashing is against the rules.

Badabing
Guys, there was a report from this thread. Let's be civil. Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
dustywanky Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Not supposed to be funny. I just don't care. Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
No I was just trying to clear it up. I was explaining that the symbol was not meant to be funny. I was was posted to show I dont care. Didn't say I didnt care about the thread. Your comprehension is like this with everythig isnt it. Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
You are retarded and instead of arguing a smart person would just report me or send wolverine after me. Why I do what I do is my own buisness. You ignore my request and turn up your trolling/bashing a notch. Smart. Consider this a warning. If you keep up then it will turn into a temp ban.

Digi

Battlehammer

StiltmanFTW
It's not a double standard at all. Nothing about Cap's power set suggests that he should hurt Thor. But Hawkman has done it numerous times.

So has Cap.

Onslaught, Hulk, Wonder Man, Cosmic Carnage, Captain Britain, Wrecker, Piledriver, Griffin...

Digi
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
So has Cap.

Onslaught, Hulk, Wonder Man, Cosmic Carnage, Captain Britain, Wrecker, Piledriver, Griffin...

Heh. Alright, fair enough. But my point is and was this: if it happens numerous times, it's not PIS. One could argue that Cap does some of his damage because of his skill, not brute strength. And while Carter isn't a novice, the same can not be said of him. This list of names, while raising dubious questions about Cap's actual strength level, does nothing to prove otherwise.

Carter's strength levels have always been depicted beyond a few ton range, and he's always been able to harm upper tiers because of the nature of his mace and his strength. His feats do put him on that level, because that what is consistently shown. Show me Carter losing to a high street or being overpowered by a low meta, then we'll talk.

Creshosk
Also, when the shield can absorb any and all energy, including blunt kinetic force, there will be no force left with which to hurt the shield. How the hell do you move it?

Hyperion Prime
You ignore my request and turn up your trolling/bashing a notch. Smart. Consider this a warning. If you keep up then it will turn into a temp ban.

Whatever dude I heard it from PR get over yourself

Bouboumaster
I think that Wolverine can make his way and killing some until Namor shows up.

I'm sure Wolverine can kill Namor on some times, but in this fight, with others around, it won't happen at all, and Namor pummel him into the ground.

grimify

That's what I was thinking, BK could win this on his own.
Definitley stops at Hawkman either way.

Badabing
Whatever dude I heard it from PR get over yourself Yet you didn't listen to him or me. Very smart. Consider this another warning. Would you like to stop now or continue?

Digi
Whatever dude I heard it from PR get over yourself

Note to others: not the proper response. Enjoy your time off.

Digi
How the hell do you move it?

The shield? Like any other. But if it absorbs and redirects blunt force, there's not really much left that will hurt it. I've only seen massive blasts really affect Avalon BK, the kind he can't block with just the shield.

Heck, technically the shield converts blunt force, or any absorbed attack, into the sword then ejects it as energy. He could fly in the air, smack his shield into stuff, and take Logan out with ranged energy blasts.

So yeah, as before, Avalon would beat Logan (in a forum battle, at least). But we aren't talking about Avalon in this thread, so it's a moot point. I only brought it up when I was unsure of the incarnation.

Creshosk
The shield? Like any other. Other shields don't absorb any and all energy. That's one thing I never got about vibranium and the like. And force you applied to move it it'd absrob. Technically it should be immobile. as applying force to lift it is applying kinetic energy to it.

Digi
Other shields don't absorb any and all energy. That's one thing I never got about vibranium and the like. And force you applied to move it it'd absrob. Technically it should be immobile. as applying force to lift it is applying kinetic energy to it.

Eh, it's magic. I see where you're going here, but since it's comics we have to suspend our disbelief. He's also gotten blindsided once or twice, so it's possible that it's only the front of the shield that can do the absorbing.

But yeah, it was a versatile thing. Absorbed multiple types of energy and physical attacks. The only types of attacks that it wasn't shown absorbing were exotic things like telepathy. But that's to be expected since his run in the Avalon armor wasn't terribly long.

leonidas
it absorbed the unimind's telepathic attack pretty easily . . .

Enyalus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.