FlashForward

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
from the mind of David S. Goyer comes FlashForward..

x002MSETJfU

Part of the cast

Thoughts? Opinions?

Darth Vicious
Ive been looking forward to it. Like the premise. First thing that comes to mind is that the event has to be related to aliens. Hopefully its good.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Ive been looking forward to it. Like the premise. First thing that comes to mind is that the event has to be related to aliens. Hopefully its good.

same here.. knowing Goyer he will keep us thrilled from beginning to end

Mairuzu
Looks interesting. They even have Penelope.

When does it come out?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Looks interesting. They even have Penelope.

When does it come out?

Season starts on Sept. 24

Darth Vicious
Anybody seen the pilot yet? They have it online. The way it starts its very reminiscent of Lost. I wouldnt say it was great but it was pretty good. Im very intrigued with what happened.

BruceSkywalker
Anybody seen the pilot yet? They have it online. The way it starts its very reminiscent of Lost. I wouldnt say it was great but it was pretty good. Im very intrigued with what happened.

i am gonna wait until it airs on abc7

forumcrew
I wont watch this one until the first season is close to ending. A lot of these shows look interesting but then you get 5 eps in and find out its cancelled they air 3 more, then show 2 online then its gone and your left with no answers. So I will wait and see how it does before becoming invested.

MildPossession
Has anyone read the novel it's based on? do you know if it's sticking close to the book.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by MildPossession
Has anyone read the novel it's based on? do you know if it's sticking close to the book.

No I haven't.. I might if I like the tv show

Quincy

The book flashes forward by like, a few years or so. The show is just 6 months.

S_D_J
this starts 9/24 right?

I'm much more interested in V, but I'll give this one a go

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by S_D_J
this starts 9/24 right?

I'm much more interested in V, but I'll give this one a go

yep and i can't wait to watch

BruceSkywalker
tonight...lets all watch

BruceSkywalker
what a great series premiere

Kento
I agree. I just hope the ball isn't dropped in the execution because the setup is great.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kento
I agree. I just hope the ball isn't dropped in the execution because the setup is great.

I don't think it will... however with 20 something episodes I am hoping they drop hints every so often so people can figure out things for themselves so when things are revealed the fanbase is happy and the show will be on for a while

Evil Dead
I liked it. I'm not sure how the premise is going to play out after the first season though, since everybody only flashed 6 months into the future. I guess there would have to be another event to keep with the name, "flash forward".

I liked the Lost nod with the Oceanic billboard near the beginning. Effective show. I'm now looking forward to finding out why the consciousness flash occurred, who caused it and why that guy in Detroit wasn't affected (I'm going to guess that he's from the future and therefore wouldn't have flashed forward as he's already in his past.....but it's early, we'll see).

BruceSkywalker
Second show was good, i thought..

I am pleasantly surprised by Joseph Fiennes and John Cho

I also looking forward to finding out who Suspect 0 is

Evil Dead
not just suspect 0 anymore, appears there are a group of people.......as the guy who they chased down in the doll factory was also awake during the FF, talking to suspect 0 on the phone.

this show is really putting me in the mind of Lost, perhaps showing things to us from a skewed perspective. What we are watching is shown as the present, as it's the present for all the main characters introduced so far. Since they have seen the future, that means the future has already occurred. That means what we are watching is the past.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Evil Dead
not just suspect 0 anymore, appears there are a group of people.......as the guy who they chased down in the doll factory was also awake during the FF, talking to suspect 0 on the phone.

this show is really putting me in the mind of Lost, perhaps showing things to us from a skewed perspective. What we are watching is shown as the present, as it's the present for all the main characters introduced so far. Since they have seen the future, that means the future has already occurred. That means what we are watching is the past.

true, but suspect 0 is prolly the main one behind everything so it will interesting to find out who he is

MildPossession
If they go by the book, a large % are going to get veryyyyyyyyyy confused, I'm sure they have dumbed it down. stick out tongue

I enjoyed the first episode, second one is on Monday here.

BruceSkywalker
If they go by the book, a large % are going to get veryyyyyyyyyy confused, I'm sure they have dumbed it down. stick out tongue

I enjoyed the first episode, second one is on Monday here.

please post what you think, kind lady big grin stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
good show tonight...

two things.... 1st.. the end of the show was that a spaceship outline???

2nd, I am not sure if Suspect 0 has been casted but what if he is portrayed by Ralph Fiennes??

starlock
I have watched the first 2 episodes...i am not hooked...i am not that interested,i cant connect to any of the characters it feels like i am watching a show with actors who are not right for the parts...i cant nail it down...i will watch a couple more episodes...but if i see another bull**** moment where 2 FBI agents and a police officer have a susspect at gun point....and he magicly gets away...i will never watch this show ever again.....it almost made me change the station...but i had a friend over....its those things i cant stand...but maybe it can hook me before i give up on it?

MildPossession
BruceSKywalker - It better not be that in the spoiler, I don't remember been told that sort of thing is in the book it's based on...

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
good show tonight...

two things.... 1st.. the end of the show was that a spaceship outline???

2nd, I am not sure if Suspect 0 has been casted but what if he is portrayed by Ralph Fiennes??

I didnt think it was some sort of machine releasing some kind of wave

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/FF.jpg

BruceSkywalker
I didnt think it was some sort of machine releasing some kind of wave

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/FF.jpg

it could be, but i will watch each week to find out..

did u get the pic from abc's website..

BruceSKywalker - It better not be that in the spoiler, I don't remember been told that sort of thing is in the book it's based on...

Mild, I am not sure.. I haven't read the book, but I might when the season is over

saintsaucey
I think it is some sort of experimental weapon of some sort. It's slipping dramatically in the ratings so don't get to attached yall.

Darth Vicious
it could be, but i will watch each week to find out..

did u get the pic from abc's website..

Nah. I got it from Ninjavideo.net (awesome site).

Originally posted by saintsaucey
I think it is some sort of experimental weapon of some sort. It's slipping dramatically in the ratings so don't get to attached yall.

Hopefully it'll last a season and the whole story is told.

Neo_Version 7
Such a waste. The pilot was promising but now the show is becoming garbage.

Penelope from Lost is the only decent thing to look at in the show. Though I must say that the last scene was quite intriguing.

MildPossession
If they go by the book reason, and people want to know why everyone lost a few minutes and so on, you can read about the book plot and answers/spoilers here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashforward_(novel)

If you don't want to know, don't click, simples.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by saintsaucey

this show is doing just fine..

full season

saintsaucey

BruceSkywalker

Quincy
I dig this show

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Quincy
I dig this show

glad u like it..

i continue to like this show...

it improves each week

Darth Vicious
I guess my suspicions were correct about the kids father. Im thinking hes suspect zero.

BruceSkywalker
I guess my suspicions were correct about the kids father. Im thinking hes suspect zero.

i thought that too...

now they have to tell us..why

starlock
Hmmmm...i am trying to like this show...but i am getting annoyed with the flashbacks of the incident that lead into flashforwards....i just get the feeling i am being led down a path of dissapointment......i think thats why i think Lost is horrible as a show.....it does not matter what anybody thinks or susspects...when they can and will just keep you in the dark...not my favorite tactic for an interesting show.....i am bored with this allready after 4 episodes......and just like heroes...i do see potential...here's another show i will watch drop from my watch list soon.

MildPossession
Strange, I've stopped watching it after two episodes... just gone off it all of a sudden.

Quincy
Originally posted by starlock
Hmmmm...i am trying to like this show...but i am getting annoyed with the flashbacks of the incident that lead into flashforwards....i just get the feeling i am being led down a path of dissapointment......i think thats why i think Lost is horrible as a show.....it does not matter what anybody thinks or susspects...when they can and will just keep you in the dark...not my favorite tactic for an interesting show.....i am bored with this allready after 4 episodes......and just like heroes...i do see potential...here's another show i will watch drop from my watch list soon.

Wait, you think LOST is a horrible show?

Don't you watch Heroes?

starlock
Originally posted by Quincy
Wait, you think LOST is a horrible show?

Don't you watch Heroes?

I watched lost for the first season and a half.....and i never looked back....lol, i do watch heroes and i just finished explaining why i do and why i complain about it in one of the threads....here in Flash Forward is a premise i seem interested in, but the execution of it....is not to my liking.

Quincy
K BRO

BruceSkywalker
i hated the senator in the show tonight...

good to see peter coyote on tv...

bary shabaka henley and john cho must have had fun singing..

i hope janis somehow survives

overall it was pretty good

Darth Vicious
This episode was kinda slow. I liked the ending. Im curious if it was really the chinese or made to look as if it were them by the President. Girl on Girl action is never a bad thing! =D

Neo_Version 7
The problem I find is that if one flashforward doesn't happen due to variable attributes (I.E. death), then how credible are these visions really? That will remove the question of whether or not the flashforwards are absolute; which I find essential to the show's dynamic. The audience will only be left with watching how and why everyone blacked out.

With that said, I am still convinced that John Cho is one of the masked gunmen in Benford's vision. And I must reiterate from a previous post that Benford's wife is absolutely delectable.

saintsaucey
My theory on the Senator and the President both having Flashforward's where they are the President. They Don't. She is the President and he is the former President(Impeached) most likely. Former Presidents are called Mr. President for the rest of their lives as far as I know. Especially by their security (I think that is who woke him up.)

BruceSkywalker
i liked tonight's ep..

krillinite
frick..i missed it..gonna have to watch it on hulu tomorrow. I liked the gun fight in last weeks episode, but not so much the music that was playing.

Darth Vicious
LOL, that scene were the "love triangle" was awkward as hell. I guess because Ive been in her shoes and it aint fun at all!

Kaworori
The show is really let down by characters who aren't particularly interesting; they're stock cardboard cut outs who feel like afterthoughts in an intriguing but on second thoughts, unworkable scenario.

And they still haven't got the knack for using music in effective ways, i.e. Benford chasing the masked kids, the gunfight in the underground carpark, even the Bjork track was ultimately a waste as it tied so closely to what became a bogus and ill managed subplot.

Koenig
I gave up on episode one, I just don't give a toss about a pile of rubbish like this.

Quincy
Fantastic episode. Best of the season. Wow

BruceSkywalker
yeah i agree.. very good ep..

SpaceMonkey
The show's OK... it IS just a placeholder for me, though, until Lost comes back.

BruceSkywalker
i continue to like this show

BruceSkywalker
i liked tonight's show

Ms.Marvel
the book was way better.

also. why do all these shows have to involve cops? whats with that either cops or doctors. those arent the only professions in the world. erm

Quincy
Yeah we'd much rather watch shows that follow the lives of a cashier at Macy's.

Ms.Marvel
id rather watch a show that follows the life of a person who works as something i can relate too. erm

Quincy
What do you do for a living?

Kento
I like the show, but is it just me or has Mark started to become really annoying in the last few episodes? Starting with the whole mistrust in his friend/sponsor..

Mairuzu
Would this show be worth getting into?

BruceSkywalker
I like the show, but is it just me or has Mark started to become really annoying in the last few episodes? Starting with the whole mistrust in his friend/sponsor..

yeah he has, but i think it will all even out...

Would this show be worth getting into?

yes it is, but it is up to you

Kento
Would this show be worth getting into? I think it is. Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
yeah he has, but i think it will all even out... Maybe, guess we will have to wait and see how it goes.

BruceSkywalker
I think it is. Maybe, guess we will have to wait and see how it goes.

yeah we do, but i think it will be great to find out

Kento
So do I. I just hope it doesn't disappoint.

BruceSkywalker
So do I. I just hope it doesn't disappoint.

i don't think it will, but we shall see

BruceSkywalker
another great show..

sad that no new shows until march 2010

Darth Vicious
another great show..

sad that no new shows until march 2010

I know. Thats a long wait. I wonder if it'll hurt the show. I dont think the ratings have been that great and with the long layoff some people might forget about it.

starlock
I know. Thats a long wait. I wonder if it'll hurt the show. I dont think the ratings have been that great and with the long layoff some people might forget about it.

I know i will...i am not thrilled with this show....and the long hiatus will definetly hurt them i.m.o....for a show thats so grounded in reality...to an extent...some things are so ridiculous.

BruceSkywalker
recap show tonight following lost...

returns thursday for 2 hours

BruceSkywalker
what a great two hours

Darth Macabre
Anyone else starting to think that Campos is going to be the father of Janis' baby? Yeah, yeah, the whole "lesbian thing" makes you think twice, but I think that might be the point.

BruceSkywalker
tonight's ep fantastic..

glad aaron had a lot to do..

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Anyone else starting to think that Campos is going to be the father of Janis' baby? Yeah, yeah, the whole "lesbian thing" makes you think twice, but I think that might be the point.

i won't be at all surprised

BruceSkywalker
tonight's show was well written

Kento
Yes it was.

BruceSkywalker
pretty good tonight...

nice twist at the end

Kento
I really didn't see that twist coming.. I don't know if I like it.

BruceSkywalker

it should play out until the end of the season

Darth Vicious

I was a bit suspicious because we didnt see much of the character that dies before that. It should make her character more interesting.

Kento
it should play out until the end of the season Yea, but I like her as a character. To think she's been playing 'em all I'm not sure if that makes me not like her or makes me like her more. laughing

Darth Macabre
I was a bit suspicious because we didnt see much of the character that dies before that. It should make her character more interesting. Exactly. I was like, wait, what, have we ever seen this character before? And they expect us to think that she is the mole?

BruceSkywalker
decent tonight...

Yea, but I like her as a character. To think she's been playing 'em all I'm not sure if that makes me not like her or makes me like her more. laughing

i like her character irregardless, but i'm gonna wait and see how it all plays out

BruceSkywalker
damn fine show tonight... very suspenseful

BruceSkywalker
good show..

glad they showed how janice became a double agent

Kento
I agree, with both statements.

Darth Vicious
Very good episode. I like Janis but she doesnt look too tough for me.

BruceSkywalker
loved the show tonight..

james callis plays his role very well

BruceSkywalker
liked tonight's show

I-Drop
Bad news

Kento
erm As long as they get to wrap up everything it won't really be that bad cause if it went on for more than one or two seasons it would just end up very dragged out. Though I do like the show.

Mindset
I stopped watching a couple eps ago.

It was kinda hard to keep interest.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by I-Drop
Bad news

read this ... this is one of the best shows on tv, i will miss it.. hopefully they will wrap it up all up

BruceSkywalker
solid, good ep..

shame this won't get a second season, but next year hopefully their will be equally good shows

I-Drop
I quit watching after I heard it was getting the axe.

Neo_Version 7
The finale blackout showed a lot more promise than the initial blackout. Shame it's been cancelled.

Evil Dead
sucks it was cancelled. It was a good show sabotaged by the network. With a show with so many twists and turns, you can't just top airing it for 3 months and not expect to lose viewers. Some people probably thought it had already been canceled when ABC stopped airing the original run of episodes.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
The finale blackout showed a lot more promise than the initial blackout. Shame it's been cancelled.

Originally posted by Evil Dead
sucks it was cancelled. It was a good show sabotaged by the network. With a show with so many twists and turns, you can't just top airing it for 3 months and not expect to lose viewers. Some people probably thought it had already been canceled when ABC stopped airing the original run of episodes.

QFT

Fiscella

alexander10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.