Fable 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tsal Can
Announced today at GamesCon

"The Race for the Crown has begun!"

Neo Darkhalen
*waits for the obligatory over hyping promises of over 1000 new features and how it will change gaming forever from Peter.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
*waits for the obligatory over hyping promises of over 1000 new features and how it will change gaming forever from Peter. This.

That said I still look forward to it.

Zack Fair
I think Peter does a good job with Fable...even if he does exagerate.

cruel jedi
I am a massive fable fan I love both the first and the second and cant wait to see what happens next happy

Wei Phoenix
Hope this one's story doesn't fail like 2.

Nemesis X
Can't wait to see what evil I'll be doing in part three. I hope to christ the ending for this Fable doesn't become an epic fail like Fable 2's.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I think Peter does a good job with Fable...even if he does exagerate. Yeah I agree with this. He overhypes his games like friggin crazy, but they are still pretty good games IMHO.

I hope the spell system is "fixed" though. God 2's spell system was shitty.

CadoAngelus
I hope - after watching Lionhead Studios playing with Project Natal - they use project natal for the game or make it available to use

Father Rahl
God, another one? I mean, really. Both games were over hyped and never delivered what they promised. Yea, I have no faith in this.

CadoAngelus
i loved fable from the moment i played the first one because it was fun and wasn't over done - like most RPG's - granted it didn't allow as much as suggested would be but it was still fun to play.

but then again many game saga's are the same, they promise and half-deliver - halo was the same throughout, gears of war was the same throughout, devil may cry, soul calibur...all immensely popular saga's yet similar throughout and don't give all they could've

Dark Exile
2 didnt really have a good story, I hope this one does.

Mandrag Ganon
2 was enjoyable simply because of all you can do, and the massive amounts of money you can obtain without even trying. Story-wise, it really isn't worth mantioning. 1 had a decent story what with Jack of Blades, the guild Maze's treachery and your mother and all of that, but there wasn't much you could do...

NemeBro
I vote 3 brings back Jack of Blades as the antagonist to make up for Lucien's gayness. estahuh

Mandrag Ganon
Agreed. smile

Tsal Can
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
2 was enjoyable simply because of all you can do, and the massive amounts of money you can obtain without even trying. Story-wise, it really isn't worth mantioning. 1 had a decent story what with Jack of Blades, the guild Maze's treachery and your mother and all of that, but there wasn't much you could do...

He isnt worth "mantioning"? wink

ShadowFiend
Originally posted by NemeBro
I vote 3 brings back Jack of Blades as the antagonist to make up for Lucien's gayness. estahuh
The ended was a bit anti-climatic because of Lucien. I was upset there was no big boss fight at the end.

RocasAtoll
I'll rent this game, but I highly doubt it will be very good. The other two weren't worth much, and unless they decide to completely switch around the direction they're going with games, it'll follow the trend of getting worse compared to the last game.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by ShadowFiend
The ended was a bit anti-climatic because of Lucien. I was upset there was no big boss fight at the end.
Yup, they built up the ending and built it up and built it up and then you get to the end and it's a single shot kill for the MAIN ANTAGONIST...fail Lionhead, fail.

Originally posted by RocasAtoll
I'll rent this game, but I highly doubt it will be very good. The other two weren't worth much, and unless they decide to completely switch around the direction they're going with games, it'll follow the trend of getting worse compared to the last game.
They didn't get worse, there were just certain bits that weren't as good as other, making the game overall average

NemeBro
Fable 1 and 2 were both good in different ways IMO.

CadoAngelus
Fable 1 and 2 were both good in different ways IMO.

exactly

jinXed by JaNx
I hope this game actually works. Fable 2 broke one of my 360's.

NemeBro
Lol wut?

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I hope this game actually works. Fable 2 broke one of my 360's.

maybe that was just the age of the 360 catching up to the the youth of a new game and inevitably having a heart-attack

H. S. 6
I just finished Fable II. Overall, I enjoyed it, but the ending really was a disappointment. Still, I'm looking forward to this one.

Tsal Can
Lack of a strong main Boss wouldnt you say?

CadoAngelus
i wouldn't say lack of...i mean, he was pretty strong throughout, until the end...where he was a piece of piss

TheOneBumGun
Played a bit of 1 before my 360 broke and playing 2 on and off, got it the other day. Very fun so far.

Allankles
The Fable games have always been fun and easy to pick and play for the first run. Fable 1 even had some replay value, can't say the same for 2, even though it improved the gameplay and world design.

I think they need a more branching storyline. Make those evil/good options mean something beyond affecting the prosperity of a few towns and scaring the populace.

It was a nice touch being able to change the fate of 4 of the major towns/cities, but there needs to be more branching in the way the main plot goes depending on your decisions.

You had two options for major plot points in Fable 1, not so in 2 (with exception of part 1 of the Spire).

Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/21/molyneux-confirms-natal-support-in-fable-iii/

Looks like Fable III will be having Natal support. I can now pretend to slap my spouse and kick my dog laughing out loud. I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Although I will slap my wife if she ever annoys me.

With Natal, I'll be able to do better sword swinging and gun shooting.

H. S. 6
I think the Natal support is a smart move. Fable 3 could be the kind of the launching point it needs to succeed. And, of course, the gameplay potential is exciting.

jalek moye
Fable is simple enough gameplay wise for Natal to work really well

Tsal Can
Originally posted by Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/21/molyneux-confirms-natal-support-in-fable-iii/

Looks like Fable III will be having Natal support. I can now pretend to slap my spouse and kick my dog laughing out loud. I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Although I will slap my wife if she ever annoys me.

With Natal, I'll be able to do better sword swinging and gun shooting.

Ofcourse it would. Lionhead is backing Natal already.

Phanteros
Jack of blades needs to be back

CadoAngelus
jack of blades was killed...and the canonical story suggests he stayed dead

ChakraStrings
God I really hope Fable 3 turns out good... Fable 2 was SUCH a let down in my opinion. They had all these great idea's and the game seemed massive and cool, and then you played it and were like... this is it... 4 hour storyline and no reason to continue playing...
oh cool expansion sets that should of been included in the main game and they're making me pay for them... oh these expansions are only 30 minutes long...

Seriously Fable 2 was a total flop.

Fable 3, please don't let me down.

NemeBro
Quote from Peter Molyneux.

"The really strange thing about leadership is that there's a common thread that has existed for centuries in all cultures. Whenever politicians, rebels or juntas are climbing to power they make promises, and very often these promises are not delivered on. We want to give a sense of that, so as you're building up your forces, as you're being a rebel, you will find this opportunity to promise things to get more power. Then after you've become leader, the opportunity to live on those promises has real consequences."

Anyone else see the irony in this?

EvilAngel
I'd like to see the Hero of Fable 1 appear. I mean Theresa was in 2. Which is a good idea and all, but let's face it, we're all far more interested in seeing our boy come back for 3.

I want to see more about Scythe, since we know he's William Black.

And finally, i'd love to open the game up. Both worlds of Fable are really good, but tiny. I'd love to see them open it up some.

Apart from that, i have to agree with that geek Nemebro stick out tongue Bring back Jack. He was the devious one, and he was just cool in the original fable.

Phanteros
ehzXh6je6q4

New gameplay footage

CadoAngelus
I've seen an interview with the project manager of fable...and the things you'll be able to do sound completely amazing

NemeBro
Keep in mind this is Peter Molyneux we are talking about. He is known for making... Exagerrated claims.

CadoAngelus
true...but still, it's interesting to hear what ideas he's got. the interview contained some clips from the current build of the game and it did look really good. graphically similar to 2, but the control of your character and actions you can do...

SaTsuJiN
Fable 1.. great game.. failed to deliver his claims
Fable 2.. not so much..failed to deliver his claims

not to mention, added quite a hunk of complete fail DLC (way too damn easy and short for its pricetag, as is fable 2 itself)

its nice to see him excited over his own game.. but I dont think he really sees it from a gamers perspective

I'm most likely not going to purchase 3.. 2 had too many letdowns for me

Zack Fair
IwaYMjHkuQ8

NemeBro
Yeah saw that a few weeks ago.

That is a manly chicken. NEarly cried when it died. cry

General_Iroh
two definitely had a lot of problems, especially with what the online was supposed to deliver and the storyline, I did like how your choices affected things, I thought Fable delivered in that department better than in most games. I think I'm going to pick up Fable 3 though, they've been less vague about what you should be able to do in this one and if they actually deliver it should be a much better game, and I actually did think (unlike most people) that Fable II had a good bit of replay value.

Zack Fair
Yeah saw that a few weeks ago.

That is a manly chicken. NEarly cried when it died. cry

RIP Rebellious chicken

I'm going to murder the bastard the shot it.

NemeBro
Definately.

Not a single chef will be safe.

wammamram
and im using the same gun he used against the chicken on him

dadudemon
I loved Fable. I loved Fable II even more and I thought they fixed a lot of problems/improved some things from the first Fable.

Fable II was one of a VERY few games that I started another character on and got pretty far in it. That's almost unheard of for me to do in any modern game: that's a solid 9 out of 10.

First game had a much better story, though, and that made it a really good game.

I am getting excited for Fable III.

Damnit, I wish I didn't have to work or go to college: I'd love to play games everyday. sad

NemeBro
DO WANT JACK OF BLADES BACK.

Jack was an awesome villain, especially in comparison to the douche from Fable 2.

Really, just do not want a disappointing antagonist again.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Hope this one's story doesn't fail like 2. 2 was so absymsal compared to one. I mean it was such a colossal letdown after playing these games back to back.

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
Yup, they built up the ending and built it up and built it up and then you get to the end and it's a single shot kill for the MAIN ANTAGONIST...fail Lionhead, fail.

They didn't get worse, there were just certain bits that weren't as good as other, making the game overall average Agreed. Lord Lucien was a complete and utter joke. Worst end bad guy I can ever recall from the buildup and then you beat him even if you don't shoot him because the reaver does it if you don't.

NemeBro
The magic system sounds even crappier in this game, seems to get worse with every game.

RE: Blaxican
My friend lent me Fable 2 about 8 months after it came out; never got more than 30 minutes through the game, twas so boring.

I do remember getting several hours into Fable 1, though. Only reason I didn't beat it was because I didn't own it.

Is it the general consensus that 2 is < 1?

NemeBro
In my opinion 1 is the better game, yes.

Wei Phoenix
Two was horrible.

Kick chickens, kill beetles, shoot bottles, and then hold the A button to defeat the boss.

NemeBro
Lucien was the most disappointing antagonist like, ever. no expression

I thought it was pretty hardcore how he just merced your sister and tossed your ass out the window in the beginning.

Wei Phoenix
He shot my dog, slaughtered my family, shot my sister, shot me out of a window. I wanted more satisfaction from killing him.

You're allowed to survive anything in that game including getting shot out of a window as a child. Why did that second point blank shot supposedly "kill" or put you to sleep?

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I thought it was pretty hardcore how he just merced your sister and tossed your ass out the window in the beginning. That was hardcore.

And the story even hypes him up as being pretty powerful and shit.

Then... You do not even fight him, and merc him with a music box, before you or Reaver casually shoot him. no expression

Reaver and Garth were awesome though.

Wei Phoenix
I assume Garth had a huge and glowing schlong.

On a side note we spell it Murk or Merk over here in Georgia. Let the record show that I hate it down here.

quanchi112
Two was horrible.

Kick chickens, kill beetles, shoot bottles, and then hold the A button to defeat the boss. Yeah, so many lame things to do. I also hated the repetitious jobs to acquire money.

Part one had jack of blades and then I had to deal with crappy mr. lucien.

I hope they will learn from the mistakes and pitfalls of two and want the next fable to be back in the times of the guild. That time was so much cooler than english gents running shop in fable 2 and 3, apparently.

I assume Garth had a huge and glowing schlong.

On a side note we spell it Murk or Merk over here in Georgia. Let the record show that I hate it down here.

lol. My Mom wants to move to Savannah. She hates California.

dadudemon
I didn't play Fable II for the villain. In fact, the game was so much bigger than just playing the main story-line.

I love basically playing sim-city and The Sims in the game...while doing the side quests. I really liked the "home upgrade" system. The "own the shit out of everything" achievement happened by accident: I accidentally got it as I was just playing the game.

NemeBro
The Real Estate was so incredibly easy to break that it barely warrants mention.

I owned all of Albion in the span of thirty minutes. no expression

dadudemon
The Real Estate was so incredibly easy to break that it barely warrants mention.

I owned all of Albion in the span of thirty minutes. no expression

How is that possible?

Is there some sort of "cheat" for that? Cause, like, it takes waaaaaaaaaaaay longer than 30 minutes to own all of albion. no expression

NemeBro
Well I did exagerrate, but it is easy.

First you have to buy a fairly decent amount of real-estate, or actually one house if you want to be stingy, then rent it out.

Then set your clock forward a few years or so. no expression

Not that it matters, is that really what you enjoyed most? The highlight of the game for me was the improved melee and ranged combat.

dadudemon
Well I did exagerrate, but it is easy.

First you have to buy a fairly decent amount of real-estate, or actually one house if you want to be stingy, then rent it out.

Then set your clock forward a few years or so. no expression

Not that it matters, is that really what you enjoyed most? The highlight of the game for me was the improved melee and ranged combat.

I heard that that cheat was "patched out" very shortly after the release?

Also, I enjoyed those improvements, as well. I was just whining about people playing the game just for the main story-line which is like the dumbest reason to play the game, imo.

NemeBro
Originally posted by dadudemon
I heard that that cheat was "patched out" very shortly after the release?

Also, I enjoyed those improvements, as well. I was just whining about people playing the game just for the main story-line which is like the dumbest reason to play the game, imo. Maybe for you people with XBOX Live. estahuh

The plotline gave me a reason to care. Knowing what a letdown the final confrontation was and the letdown Lucien was as a villain, I stopped caring. Plotline is one of the most important parts of a game, only gameplay is more important, but both to some degree need eachother.

Wei Phoenix
Money glitch still works last time I tried it. You kind of can't patch that unless you take out the whole "You make money while the game is off" thing.

dadudemon
Maybe for you people with XBOX Live. estahuh

The plotline gave me a reason to care. Knowing what a letdown the final confrontation was and the letdown Lucien was as a villain, I stopped caring. Plotline is one of the most important parts of a game, only gameplay is more important, but both to some degree need eachother.

Well, in that particular game, the main plotline was a very short part of a much larger game. In this particular instance, the main storyline was intended to only be a part of the whole game experience.

I remember walking into the grass fields of Oakvale and just stopping because of how beautiful it was. The music was wonderful and the wind was slightly blowing. That right there made the game absolutely wonderful.

BTW, some of the sidequests lasted 2-3 hours: a forth of the main story. There are dozens of sidequests.

Yes, I agree: would have liked the option to "rape the shit out of Lucian. Beat the shit out of Lucien, heal him back, beat the shit out of him again, heal him back, then rape him to death, and flay and eat Lucien's flesh while he's still alive using magic to keep him alive and awake." Nobody thinks of the good stuff, these days. laughing

I really like the "level up" engine in the games, though. It's just satisfying. I really like RPGs that keep all of the enemies the same level and you can level up so that by the end of the game, you can oneshot those enemies that used to beat the shit out of you. That's a very fun way to level up, imo. I also liked trying to find all of the best gear and not have to worry about the shitload of hours I have to play an MMO to do it: this is why I like single player RPGs and not MMOs. MMOs can eat my ass. (Trust, me, that's a lot of eating with my bulbous butt.)

I also thought the "appearance" engine was better than the first. In the first, you always end up with the same end result. In two, you could actually end up with multiple different forms, depending on which areas you upgraded, first. That's really really cool, imo. I also liked the fact that my character didn't age as I upgraded my Will as I hated the fact that you had to get older: stupid. Nice improvement in the second.

If they make III just like II with a few improvements and an even worse story, it will still be hard for me to give it any less than a 9. If they make some improvements and have a better story, holy shit, it may be the game of the year for me. I love love love love the Fable series. ... almost as much as Starcraft. big grin

Money glitch still works last time I tried it. You kind of can't patch that unless you take out the whole "You make money while the game is off" thing.

I remember something about the patch changing how it measures time: measuring it against the system clock instead of the OS clock or something.

Phanteros
A quote from Peter:

" I realized that fable 2 wasn't a very good game sequel"

now onto 3 it looks like you are give the ability to marry your xbox live team mate also can **** up albion by jacking up tax rates. I hope your brother is more toughter that Lucien or Jack because Lucien's boss "fight" was lame.

NemeBro
Apparently in 3 once all stats are maxed out, your character will no longer be all big and bulky.

Aw... sad

Phanteros
DkQErAuOJGg

Phanteros
ut-cwyUcRFc

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Phanteros
A quote from Peter:

" I realized that fable 2 wasn't a very good game sequel"

now onto 3 it looks like you are give the ability to marry your xbox live team mate also can **** up albion by jacking up tax rates. I hope your brother is more toughter that Lucien or Jack because Lucien's boss "fight" was lame.

Can't really call it a fight can you though. It was a massive build up to an event where you or Reaver shoots Lucian.

Nephthys
I wonder what we'll be promised we can do in this one. Actually enter the game and tear off Cthulu's head? Peter made any outrageous promises yet?

NemeBro
Only one that will not be implemented so far, according to GameInformer.

He claimed there will be an online auction house where you can sell created weapons. There will not be one.

Nephthys
Its good to see that he couldn't resist. Anything else that sounds just too good to be true?

NemeBro
Hm, nothing that I can recall at this particular moment.

Bardock42
ut-cwyUcRFc

The big problem with this is, why the **** would I want to do that?

Nemesis X
Unless I can put Resident Evil accesories all over the place, screw the housing.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Bardock42
The big problem with this is, why the **** would I want to do that? Beats the hell out of me. I guess they hope it will extend game hours.

CadoAngelus
Yay...I can change the carpet, and the wall paper, and the tables and the...wait a minute. I spent 0.00001% of my game time - in Fable II - within a house, why do I need this...

Dr Mystery
I enjoyed both games, so I'll definitely be buying this. Another good money tip: In Bowerstone, when you first arrive, as long as you don't step into the circle by the clock to meet Theresa, it will always be 3pm when you return to Bowerstone Market. Allowing you to buy out all the stores in the market and in Old Town, collect all the items in the cemetary and sell the goods on at Faifax Gardens for a healthy profit. It takes some running around put you can pull in around 100,000 or more and no time will have passed. After you meet with Theresa, all the stores get re-stocked and the sales start. Wear the clothes you start with when selling to get more money as you get a hate increase.

CadoAngelus
That's a good exploit. I would do it if I hadn't literally just met Theresa - started playing the game again in prep for the new game. Then again, I could just start again.

Dr Mystery
Me too, having heard that it is out in 4 weeks I plan to play The Lost Chapters for a fortnight and Fable II for a fortnight to get me into the mood for the new game

Nemesis X
Will I be able to port my saves from Fable II to Fable III?

Phanteros
Will I be able to port my saves from Fable II to Fable III? Yes you can, but I think its just for your past hero. No money transfer.

Phanteros
dc48joIuk5E opening section of the game, and the Hero speaking.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Dr Mystery
Me too, having heard that it is out in 4 weeks I plan to play The Lost Chapters for a fortnight and Fable II for a fortnight to get me into the mood for the new game

I didn't think to play lost chapters first...oh bugger it all lol.

Dr Mystery
Does anyone know if you still get to go through the childhood phase of the game?

Nephthys
If Phanteros is right that the above is the opening of the game then it looks unlikely.

Phanteros
Its just part of the opening section I don't think they will get rid of the kid part but considering they have to make room for the war against Auora then maybe they might just remove it.

Utrigita
Anyone know which platforms this is going to be released to? I look 3 different places and get three different answers.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Utrigita
Anyone know which platforms this is going to be released to? I look 3 different places and get three different answers.

X360 with the PC version coming sometime later.

Dr Mystery
I agree that the final showdown with Lucien was a disappointment, but the battle with that giant shard was every bit as epic as the battle with Jack of Blades' dragon form.

CadoAngelus
Jack of Blades in Dragon Form was the best Boss Battle in any Fable game. It was challenging and intense. The shard was just challenging. There was no feeling of threat with the shard, because it was just a shard. Where Jack was a f**king huge dragon...

ares834
Agreed.

Dragon>>>>Shard.

Dr Mystery
I was just talking about how long it takes to defeat, the number of bad guys you have to face and the amount of running around you have to do. BTW, Fable TLC, Slow Time, Ghost Sword and Heal Life are all you need to kill Dragon Jack in less than 4 minutes, give or take.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Dr Mystery
I was just talking about how long it takes to defeat, the number of bad guys you have to face and the amount of running around you have to do. BTW, Fable TLC, Slow Time, Ghost Sword and Heal Life are all you need to kill Dragon Jack in less than 4 minutes, give or take.

I overlooked the "minions" - for lack of a better word. They were annoying. And there is a lot of running around. But I still think Dragon Jack was a hell of a Boss battle.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
X360 with the PC version coming sometime later.

I'm going to do the intelligent thing and wait for the PC version. I always get impatient and get the console version later to find out about how much more awesome the PC version is.

CadoAngelus
How much more awesome was the PC version of 2 than the 360? Just seems like the same game with variable graphics, and a possible modding community.

ArtificialGlory
How much more awesome was the PC version of 2 than the 360? Just seems like the same game with variable graphics, and a possible modding community.

There was no PC version of 2.

CadoAngelus
Really? I know Fable and Lost Chapters both had PC versions, why wouldn't Fable 2 have one? (Not saying your wrong, I'm just confused as to why they would stay consistent)

ArtificialGlory
Really? I know Fable and Lost Chapters both had PC versions, why wouldn't Fable 2 have one? (Not saying your wrong, I'm just confused as to why they would stay consistent)

I don't really know why wouldn't they. Though a good guess is that they simply deemed not worth it, which has become a pretty sad trend for PC games.

Nemesis X
Q-B5hpxZNBc

If I can't use those wings to fly, I will be disappointed.

CadoAngelus
I don't really know why wouldn't they. Though a good guess is that they simply deemed not worth it, which has become a pretty sad trend for PC games.

Agreed. The PC gaming industry does suffer from manufacturers just thinking that giving to solely console community will give less compatibility issues. But surely that shows dedication - make it for console and PC to broaden your community following.

Phanteros
launch trailer

QJnT3u01k18

CadoAngelus
That's quite an epic trailer. Definitely puts the Hero in perspective.

Nemesis X
It's official, I'm buying Fable III on the 26th and getting the pre-order bonus too. I'm going to be evil in my first playthrough just because it's fun.

Nemesis X
I'm now curious about something. If the stuff you did in Fable II gets ported to part three, how much would things be altered if Logan and the Hero were the sons of the ressurected Lady Grey from Fable II?

CadoAngelus
Haha, that's quite an interesting dilemma. It could very well be that the game gives no indication as to who the mother of the Hero is.

One thing I do know is that the game is set 50years after Fable2, so anything could happen.

Nemesis X
Haha, that's quite an interesting dilemma. It could very well be that the game gives no indication as to who the mother of the Hero is.

One thing I do know is that the game is set 50years after Fable2, so anything could happen.

But if all the stuff you've done 50 years ago is mentioned 50 years later, why would the mother of the protagonist and antagonist not be mentioned? Sparrow can't hog all the glory for making those kids.

Aside from Lady Grey, is it really important to have the stuff you did in Fable II be in Fable III?

CadoAngelus
Well Sparrow can be Male/Female can't he/she. So the story would change slightly to sex - i.e. Sparrow could be a single mother.

But I see what you mean, is there going to be anything that clears up the 50year gap?

In regards to Lady Grey, she's a major part of Fable and TLC, but she played a very minor part in Fable 2. So if they bring her back it could be interesting to see how they manage to do that in relation to the story. But if they don't include her it won't be a massive blunder that makes no sense. See what I mean.

ares834
2cfw3Jjyj9M

Looks awesome and it seems that this one will actually have a good story.

Nemesis X
I hope the fight with Logan isn't as awful as the "fight" with Lucien. I'd hate to have to go through another dream-like sequence, finding a stupid magical item (like a music box) that can pwn the antagonist with ease. That would partly ruin the game for me.

Aside from wondering what boss battles will be like, Fable III looks quite promising. I'll be going down the evil route in my first playthrough btw.

Nephthys
I did notice a music box at 1.02. Joy!

CadoAngelus
I've pre-ordered the collector's edition.

Also, I love Peter Molyneux's enthusiasm but I hate the fact that you can't take everything he says on face value. He makes everything sound so incredibly awesome and then you play the game and it's got half of the content he promised. That aside the game looks incredible to say the least.

I'm looking forward to the new character interaction system, being able to grab someone and hug them or drag them through the streets, and the way that the first gameplay trailer showed it makes me think it will be a powerful tool. I'm also extremely interested in how the story turns out and who will return from the second game - other than Reaver, if anyone - and the role of the new continent Aurura...

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Nephthys
I did notice a music box at 1.02. Joy!

*Rewatched the video* FFFUUUUU--

SaTsuJiN
when you guys snag it you should write a review or something.. I'd like to see if this games worth getting, after how disappointing F2 was

dadudemon
I think I've conclued that my favorite type of game is he action RPG. I like the ones where you can level up as you play, similar to Fable, Mass Effect, etc. I do not like the very lame and repetitive games like Elder of the Scrolls where you have to jump in place for 30 minutes to level agility. That's sooooooooooo lame! Fable is probably my favoriate type of RPG game, though. I really like the action RPG type (where you fight live, not the turn based stuff...though those are some of my favorite games, too.)

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by dadudemon
I think I've conclued that my favorite type of game is he action RPG. I like the ones where you can level up as you play, similar to Fable, Mass Effect, etc. I do not like the very lame and repetitive games like Elder of the Scrolls where you have to jump in place for 30 minutes to level agility. That's sooooooooooo lame! Fable is probably my favoriate type of RPG game, though. I really like the action RPG type (where you fight live, not the turn based stuff...though those are some of my favorite games, too.)

Turn based games I find unplayable, there's too much resting on you planning moves in advance when I want to be able to strike and predict an on coming attack as and when it comes.

Action RPG seem to be the main gaming genre that even enters my "interesting" radar. And the companies that make the games usually never far go wrong.

The leveling system in F3 is going to be different somehow, watching the interviews and trailers it's not obvious how vastly different from F2 it'll be. Also the health-meter not actually being a bar? Bit 'Gears of Wars-y', but I guess we'll have to see how it benefits/hinders us in gameplay really - never got the hang of not being able to see stuff as your dying.

Nemesis X
The Villager Maker sucks.

That is all.

ArtificialGlory
The PC version is coming November 15(this year) if anyone is still wondering.

dadudemon
The PC version is coming November 15(this year) if anyone is still wondering.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

ArtificialGlory
Apparently there's been some confusion with the PC release date. Some gaming mag reported it to be on Nov. 15th and it looked pretty official. However, Lionhead still says that there's no official release date for PC. There's some rumours about a very early 2011 release. Anyways, it's back to TBA :/.

Phanteros
Has anyone fought Logan yet? Is He an actual boss battle?

CadoAngelus
Haha, I was gonna say it's not out yet. But that's only in European Union lol...

We don't get it til Friday =(.

dadudemon
Apparently there's been some confusion with the PC release date. Some gaming mag reported it to be on Nov. 15th and it looked pretty official. However, Lionhead still says that there's no official release date for PC. There's some rumours about a very early 2011 release. Anyways, it's back to TBA :/.

How dare you get my hopes up. mad mad mad

ArtificialGlory: Destroying Fanboys' hopes and dreams, one post a a time.

Nemesis X
When you start fighting for the throne,

The fight between your army and Logan's isn't that impressive, not even close. In fact, the fights you saw in the trailer looked better. To make this worse, Logan isn't a boss. Apparentley after you reach the castle, a cutscene appears, your character barges into Logan's room and he automatically surrenders because this whole time he wanted his brother/sister to be king/queen so he/she, can lead Albion to victory against a greater threat, the darkness.

Well...that was disappointing for I was hoping that since Logan is the son of the Hero from Fable 2 and that he might have both Strength, Will, and Skill, he would've made an impressive opponent but no.

Oh how I'd like to give Lionhead the Insult Expression for I bet that was the one thing most of the fans were hoping to do.

Phanteros
Does the fable 2 glitch work on this one? because I got the good ending and everyone in my kingdom is dead.

Nemesis X
I just noticed two things that are missing. They say that when you're King/Queen, guards would capture people who have done either good or bad deeds and you must decide whether they should be executed or thrown in a dungeon. It's not in there and neither is the option to either tell your soldiers to run this errand for you or you can go do it yourself. Why does Peter lie? I don't have an issue with this, I'm just wondering why people can fib about their products and get away with it.

Phanteros
You just now figure he was hyping that part? as for the cheats I ask again does the fable 2 time cheat work for this? I heard of the controller glitch but I don't have a second controller.

CadoAngelus
If you're referring to the time cheat where you avoid stepping into the clock tower radius in Bowerstone Market to avoid meeting Theresa it doesn't work. You don't meet Theresa like you did in Fable2.

As for the Peter Molyneus thing, he manages to tell everyone about the things that never get passed in time for release or something they had early on in development but never followed through. He's way too good at blowing his own trumpet to the point that things he says are twisted to how he interprets them in his crazy artsy mind.

I've not completed the game yet - trying to give the game a long life - but there are a couple of things I don't like. Like the expressions, you don't get a massive choice of expressions like fable 2, you just get a select amount for a particular interaction. And the Bandits/Mercenaries having heavies that lob fire? Why...

Phanteros
Not that cheat but the gold cheat where you buy vendors and set the dashboard to up a year to get gold.

Phanteros
When you start fighting for the throne,

The fight between your army and Logan's isn't that impressive, not even close. In fact, the fights you saw in the trailer looked better. To make this worse, Logan isn't a boss. Apparentley after you reach the castle, a cutscene appears, your character barges into Logan's room and he automatically surrenders because this whole time he wanted his brother/sister to be king/queen so he/she, can lead Albion to victory against a greater threat, the darkness.

Well...that was disappointing for I was hoping that since Logan is the son of the Hero from Fable 2 and that he might have both Strength, Will, and Skill, he would've made an impressive opponent but no.

Oh how I'd like to give Lionhead the Insult Expression for I bet that was the one thing most of the fans were hoping to do. His powers didn't get activated like The Hero Prince did.

Nemesis X
There sure aren't as many sidequests as Fable 2's. This game is lacking big time.

Wei Phoenix
His powers didn't get activated like The Hero Prince did.

They should have, would've been a nice twist. Crawler was lame and cheesy as shit.

Phanteros
There sure aren't as many sidequests as Fable 2's. This game is lacking big time. Funny because this game has more to me.

Nemesis X
Funny because this game has more to me.

I seriously hope that you aren't counting those quests that have you retrieving an item for a villager so that they can be your best friends. Those are lame.

Phanteros
I seriously hope that you aren't counting those quests that have you retrieving an item for a villager so that they can be your best friends. Those are lame. Better than the second games quest.

Nemesis X
Better than the second games quest.

But in Fable III, it's a damn repeat. "Dig up this item and bring it back to me" and "Take this package to a friend of mine" which I've encountered more than twenty frikken times and ended with me quenching the thirst of my Inquisitor Sword!

Also, I find it to be rather stupid that I can't choose all of my expressions like in Fable II. Everytime I meet someone, the first things to pop up are Dance, Chicken, and Fart. I'd choose the third option for cheap laughs but when I try to be a full fledged good guy, I have no choice but to amuse the villagers. One dude surprisingly didn't like the chicken imitation I made. Would've tried to be nice but who wants to see two dudes doing the cha cha together?

Phanteros
But in Fable III, it's a damn repeat. "Dig up this item and bring it back to me" and "Take this package to a friend of mine" which I've encountered more than twenty frikken times and ended with me quenching the thirst of my Inquisitor Sword!

Also, I find it to be rather stupid that I can't choose all of my expressions like in Fable II. Everytime I meet someone, the first things to pop up are Dance, Chicken, and Fart. I'd choose the third option for cheap laughs but when I try to be a full fledged good guy, I have no choice but to amuse the villagers. One dude surprisingly didn't like the chicken imitation I made. Would've tried to be nice but who wants to see two dudes doing the cha cha together? The Touch feature is quite stupid and unnecessary, I admit that. But the quest in 3 are far more better than the ones in two.

Phoenix3068
I just recently got Fable 3 (looks like I was too late to join in this conversation) lol. Well I beat the game but my adventure is not over yet. My Gamertag is the same as my Username on here, if anyone is still playing send me an Add and play with me sometime. I think I'll make a few new games for fun and take on different objectives.

Phoenix3068
Here's my impression of the game...

1. Both children of the previous Hero should have the powers.

2. You should be able to see the boy/girl from the beginning of the game (I forgot their names, I only played through once).

3. The Hero should have been more customizable (I can't find the hair I want I can't find >&ltwink

4. There should be a better way to raise morality.

5. I personally love the "I'm Immortal!" view that the hero takes whenever they die (no sarcasm intended) lol it's fun to get struck and fall down, then let a sonic boom explosion cover your body and get to yell "I'M NOT DEAD YET YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!"

6. I like the weapons but it seems too little of variety. After level 3 you don't really make any progress in its appearance.

7. The Gun's don't seem to vary. The Sword's an Axes you can tell the difference but with Pistol's vs. Rifles... I can kill something just as far away with a pistol as I can a rifle o.e

8. lol as far as sex goes, I only did it with my friend via xbox live for the achievement but that music is so stupid. They should have made it more romantic sounding.

9. The Crawler is Awesome! :O OMG! But it scared the hell out of me when I first saw it. Whoopedy doo a bunch of dark demon children, didn't bother me. It was when Walter started freaking out that I did.

10. Speaking of Walter, he's awesome!

11. I cried when Walter died.

12. The Gnome and Book quests pissed me off! D:<

Nemesis X
The Gnomes aren't that bad. Their insults make me lol.

CadoAngelus
The Gnomes aren't that bad. Their insults make me lol.

I can stand there for ages just listening. They're really funny.

"I'd like to get to know someone like you...and then drown them"

"Hahaha, you're funny. But looks aren't everything!!"

"I can help you find what you're looking for. Step 1: PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ARSE!!"

"i'd like to come round to your house for tea...and then I'll have your MUM!"

Nemesis X
I can stand there for ages just listening. They're really funny.

"I'd like to get to know someone like you...and then drown them"

"Hahaha, you're funny. But looks aren't everything!!"

"I can help you find what you're looking for. Step 1: PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ARSE!!"

"i'd like to come round to your house for tea...and then I'll have your MUM!"

Indeed.

"I sensed your presence before you even arrived. What did you eat?!"

"You're pretty strong...for a lady!"

"You are one ugly woman." (This is when you're a male Hero)

"Are you lost? Can I help you starve and die?!"

"Oh, a young lady...make yourself useful and make me a cup of tea!"

"You remind me of my mother... she was fat and ugly too!"

NemeBro
The Gnomes are the source of all that is awesome in the cosmos.

"You know what's my favorite thing about people? They die."

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>