(Nods to Leo) Odin enters the growing gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
so, it starts off 1on1 but as soon as the person is in trouble, the next comes in and so on. the list is NOT in order--this is not a regular gauntlet. how many can Odin deal with before he falls?

1.Loki
2.Thor
3.Mangog
4.Thanos
5.Kurse
6.Maelkieth
7.Ymir
8.Seth
9.Surtur

Digi
I hate leo. Truly.

no expression

Also, I personally think he stops at 4, since I believe all of them would stay alive and be able to team up. Thanos tanks it, and the rest try to dish it out.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Digi
I hate leo. Truly.

no expression

Also, I personally think he stops at 4, since I believe all of them would stay alive and be able to team up. Thanos tanks it, and the rest try to dish it out. hmm Maybe i should report you.

Original Smurph
With Odin's omnipotent power, and effectively unlimited range, Loki and Thor are in trouble as soon as they enter.

So pretty much the first 4 gangbang him.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Original Smurph
With Odin's omnipotent power, and effectively unlimited range, Loki and Thor are in trouble as soon as they enter.

So pretty much the first 4 gangbang him. Generally they don't get the "in danger" flag until Odin lands a hit on them. If he one shots the first guy, so be it. and so on until he can't one shot the person.

That's the way leo explained it to me.

leonidas
I hate leo. Truly.

no expression

sad

and odin was my FIRST growing gauntlet! eek!

anyway, without mjnolnir--which would immediately be used by odin--loki and thor fall very quickly.

silver-age mangog could cause trouble, but since this is current, i think he's tough, but odin could handle him, even with thanos. thanos would be a hassle, though really has no way of harming odin. malekith is pretty tough, but not next to odin (unless he's shown something a lot more recent that i'm missing). kurse is too one-dimensional and is bfr'd instantly. ymir is where things get REALLY tight, but imo, he makes it to seth, where he is completely overwhelmed. seth is pretty damn close to his level, and MIGHT take him for some in a 1on1. seth + the others are far far too much.

leonidas
Originally posted by Creshosk
Generally they don't get the "in danger" flag until Odin lands a hit on them. If he one shots the first guy, so be it. and so on until he can't one shot the person.

That's the way leo explained it to me.

thumb up

Blair Wind
Originally posted by leonidas
sad

and odin was my FIRST growing gauntlet! eek!

anyway, without mjnolnir--which would immediately be used by odin--loki and thor fall very quickly.

silver-age mangog could cause trouble, but since this is current, i think he's tough, but odin could handle him, even with thanos. thanos would be a hassle, though really has no way of harming odin. malekith is pretty tough, but not next to odin (unless he's shown something a lot more recent that i'm missing). kurse is too one-dimensional and is bfr'd instantly. ymir is where things get REALLY tight, but imo, he makes it to seth, where he is completely overwhelmed. seth is pretty damn close to his level, and MIGHT take him for some in a 1on1. seth + the others are far far too much.

Can you explain what makes Ymir so powerful? Mostly he relies on brute force, doesnt he?

leonidas
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Can you explain what makes Ymir so powerful? Mostly he relies on brute force, doesnt he?

in most encounters, which is quite similar to surtur who ALSO is a rival to odin. like surtur, his physical power IS pretty ludicrous. his cold can also affect odin to a minor degree and his regenerative powers are almost limitless. in this thread he'd be pretty much impossible for odin to ko before help arrived. with his cold hampering odin, and his obscene physical blows, when coupled with the others ymir would be extremely dangerous to odin.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Nihilist
so, it starts off 1on1 but as soon as the person is in trouble, the next comes in and so on. the list is NOT in order--this is not a regular gauntlet. how many can Odin deal with before he falls?

1.Loki
2.Thor
3.Mangog
4.Thanos
5.Kurse
6.Maelkieth
7.Ymir
8.Seth
9.Surtur loki would lose on purpose just so he could see odin risk his life.

he'd probably get multiple orgasms watching all 8 fight him simultaneously.

Digi
Can Odin really commandeer Mjolnir that easily? I was thinking Thor's energy soak could help Thanos tank the encounter.

srug

Creshosk
Can Odin really commandeer Mjolnir that easily? I was thinking Thor's energy soak could help Thanos tank the encounter.

srug Um..

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/8/2009/03/thumb160x_494bd07d5ce00312b04a3cc2d4be06cb.jpg

Yes?

leonidas

srug

yeah, he can. thor hurled it at odin once in a battle and odin caught it easily. odin has demolished thor effortlessly in battle on a couple occasions. erm

Enyalus
Stops at Ymir. A lot of these guys get one-shotted though. Loki, Thor, Mangog, Maelkieth, etc.

Harbinger
Stops at Seth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.