Ganon & Link vs God Kratos & Galen Malek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gumachi
God Kratos (Kratos also gets The Blade of Olympus) & Galen Malek with all abilities vs Ganon (killable) & OoT Link with all feats relevant to his character: Master Sword, Gold Gauntlets, Mirror Shield, bow/arrows, and Ocarina; spells+magic allowed; no time travel and no head popping

ScreamPaste
There are now three threads teaming Ganon with Link on the front page alone.

This thread should be interesting.

SuperLuigi
blade of olympus without kratos god powers? also ganondorf possessed zelda who was protected by the triforce of wisdom, he could possess galen and have him restrain kratos while link kills them both. this one shouldnt be a problem. and you possibly stole my final round.

Gumachi
Yes, he gets his godly powers.

SuperLuigi
no the Blade was more powerful when kratos dumped his power into it. but since you are using god kratos then how is the blade infused with the power?

Gumachi
What difference does it make?

SuperLuigi
if kratos put all his god powers in the blade of olympus then how does have the blade and his powers? thats like a double negative

MooCowofJustice
That's more like a double positive.

Gumachi
It's bascially Kratos, as a god, but you have your godly powers from GoW, and The BoO. Not to mention it was after.

Sin_Volvagia
God Kratos would take the Zelda team out alone. He has the power of Ares plus spells from the three main gods and a titan-slaying sword. That's almost like asking a doomsday device to wipe Hyrule from the map.

ScreamPaste
I'm inclined to give Ganon the nod over god Kratos, actually.

SuperLuigi
the power of ares which was beaten by a giant mortal... hmmm impressive. im still wondering how kratos is using the blade of olympus that he dumped all his god powers in his god form

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
the power of ares which was beaten by a giant mortal... hmmm impressive. im still wondering how kratos is using the blade of olympus that he dumped all his god powers in his god form

The same way Zeus uses the blade without giving up his god powers.

SuperLuigi
zeus created it. zeus tricked kratos into draining all his god power into the blade. so im wondering how is he using the blade with all his power in it?

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I'm inclined to give Ganon the nod over god Kratos, actually.

In this particular case, I disagree. Even in all out, it's equal at best.

Originally posted by SuperLuigi
zeus created it. zeus tricked kratos into draining all his god power into the blade. so im wondering how is he using the blade with all his power in it?

It makes no diffrerence, first of all. Secondly, I reccommend to stop looking into it in a canon scenario, because there's alot more in this thread that, should it be viewed by canon perspective, deserves alot more backlash.

Wei Phoenix
Didn't the BOO end the God/Titan war with but a single swing before Kratos empowered it further?

SuperLuigi
zeus did the swinging not kratos for the war. and it still took multiple stabs to destroy colossus so that means when zeus uses it FANTASTIC when kratos uses it after powering it with his own power ALRIGHT.

First_Tsurugi06
No, that just means Kratos hasn't yet needed to banish the Titans to Tartarus. He only ever uses it because he wants to kill Zeus. Not to mention the "stabs" were a means of taking back his God powers, an it only took multiple stabs to harm Zeus because of how much more powerful Zeus is than the other Gods, seeing as it only took one to kill Athena.

Gumachi
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
He has the power of Ares.

Nonething suggests this.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Gumachi
Nonething suggests this.

He became the god of war. Do you honestly think he was up on Olympus as a mortal?

Notice that Zeus told Kratos to put all his godly power into the blade?

First_Tsurugi06
Exceot for the fact that Kratos took both his position and power in the Greek pantheon after killing him.

Gumachi
There is nonething to even suggest he had the same powers Ares' had. The only thing they said is that he became the God of War (AFAIK).

First_Tsurugi06
Yes there is. There's enough to suggest he was more powerful based on dialouge in and out of game.

Gumachi
He was a little more powerful than Ares...that's it.

Phanteros
He was a little more powerful than Ares...that's it. That means he has his powers then.

First_Tsurugi06
Enough so to the point that Zeus had to break his own law that forbids the Gods from waging war against one another.

Gumachi
Why didn't he use them then? I mean, didn't Athena give him Ares' powers?

Phanteros
Why didn't he use them then? I mean, didn't Athena give him Ares' powers? Character.

First_Tsurugi06
Why didn't he use them then? I mean, didn't Athena give him Ares' powers?

Don't try and beat around the bush. Aside from the fact that he was only shown as such for about a minute in the second game, we're told that beforehand he led more conquests throughout Greece with his Spartan army before Rhodes.

Sappho
There is nonething to even suggest he had the same powers Ares' had. The only thing they said is that he became the God of War (AFAIK).
ok, i see you do this all the time, and since no one else notices/will say something about it, i will. its NOTHING, not NONETHING.

LLLLLink
Team 1 stomps. Either one could solo.

Ganondorf banishes both to the gap between dimensions.
HoT is is infinitely invincible, so, yeah......

Its so funny how the nerfed Zelda team can keep winning against full power opponents.

First_Tsurugi06
What's funny is that they can't. Kratos with the BoO could just as easily banish them to the darkest pits of Tartarus, and as a God, Kratos is defaultly invincible in the same manner Ganon is, only his weakness can't be exploited by any of Link's resources. That, and God Kratos is still bigger than anyone in this thread by a huge margin, and doesn't suffer from the typical speed-hindrance expected of giants. Galen Marek, let's face it, is a SW character, one said to be at best equal to Darth Sideous in Force Power.

This is ignoring the specifications in the thread at that.

Burning thought
i dont think Gods are invincible in the GoWverse, their prob vulnerable to mind powers and those of the soul from whats shown.

First_Tsurugi06
The only time one killed by something other than a weapon that had God powers was Helios, and that was only after he was literally crushed by a Titan-the only other beings in the GoWverse nearly as powerful as them that still exist-and thrown into a mountain side. But even there, as said before, Kratos by nature has at least some level of Godly power, being a demigod. It took Pandora's Box to kill Ares, the BoO to injure Zeus/kill Athena, the Gauntlest of Zeus and the Sun Shield to finish of Persephone.

Not to mention Ares has shown a level of mind trickery on Kratos, and at least one of the Gods has control over armies of souls, a power that was passed on to Kratos.

Burning thought
Yes but Pandoras box was used by Kratos who was at that time a fairly tiny and weak mortal in comparison to Ares, theres no other way he could have possibly harmed Ares, he had no other tools other than the box at his disposal.

Certainly but that does not mean that is required to kill them, as we could see kratos' blades of chaos can indeed damage and cut Zues.

I dont know about the last ones, I assume that is from chains of Olmypus which I never played? the handheld console game?

LLLLLink
Sorry, but you are wrong FT. Ganon is able to escape even the heaviest of seals (like the one from OoT), and simple teleportation (which both members of team 1 possess) can provide escape from Kratos.

God Kratos is bigger by a huge margin? Anyone remember the Giant's Mask? It allows Link to step on pyramids. So, fail on that one.

All of that aside, neither member of team 2 can do anything to team one. Seems like another default win.

Burning thought
Both members of team 1? show me Link teleporting....and the only argument for Ganon teleporting is usually because Zant can.

yeh and Mario can lift castles, these pyramids could be small for all I know.

cannot do anything? theres a vast number of things, one cheap and easy win is to just turn Ganon and Link into stone statues and shatter them.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Sorry, but you are wrong FT. Ganon is able to escape even the heaviest of seals (like the one from OoT), and simple teleportation (which both members of team 1 possess) can provide escape from Kratos.

God Kratos is bigger by a huge margin? Anyone remember the Giant's Mask? It allows Link to step on pyramids. So, fail on that one.

All of that aside, neither member of team 2 can do anything to team one. Seems like another default win.

On more occasions than one through means of outside help. I'll wait for that kind of specification to take relevance in any kind of VG debate.

I haven't forgotten, but I'm inclinced to say that Kratos is still bigger than that, and sure as hell has a lot more to work with in said size.

With one gesture from Kratos, Link at least would be out of the picture. Ganon's the only known character in the series anywhere on the league of anyone from GoW, and only at a composite state would he so much as faze a maxed out Kratos.

LLLLLink
Only if you are a splittist.
Did you also forget that Link is infinitely invincible? If Kratos makes a gesture, his hand will be removed by the Master Sword. To say otherwise would be really dumb.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Burning thought
Yes but Pandoras box was used by Kratos who was at that time a fairly tiny and weak mortal in comparison to Ares, theres no other way he could have possibly harmed Ares, he had no other tools other than the box at his disposal.

Certainly but that does not mean that is required to kill them, as we could see kratos' blades of chaos can indeed damage and cut Zues.

I dont know about the last ones, I assume that is from chains of Olmypus which I never played? the handheld console game?

Some will argue that he was no weaker during that time than in GoWII when fighting Zeus

It's what's more than heavily implied based on blatant showings. That, and I doubt the Athena's Blades are named that just for the hell of it.

Yes, it was.

First_Tsurugi06
Did you also forget that Link is infinitely invincible? If Kratos makes a gesture, his hand will be removed by the Master Sword. To say otherwise would be really dumb.

I see it as a "one past, two futures" kind of thing, not an outright split.

Only ever shown to be so towards conventional means within what's fathomable in his series. Link will be lucky to even hit Kratos who has literally every physical advantage over any Link. Saying otherwise to THAT is what's dumb.

Burning thought
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Some will argue that he was no weaker during that time than in GoWII when fighting Zeus

It's what's more than heavily implied based on blatant showings. That, and I doubt the Athena's Blades are named that just for the hell of it.

Yes, it was.

Well it had the power of the titans gifts by the end of GOW2, and he also had the sword that held his godly power most of the fight. Also dont forget Zeus did not go all out until the end in which Kratos won due to trickery, not brute force.

Well its difficult to make a direct argument, by actual feats they are destroyed by these powerful items but obvioulsy its a far reach to say another item just as powerful or an enemy just as strong as these characters could defeat them, same with their lack of resistance to soul and mind powers. Ares implied that the mind of a god is more vulnerable than their body when he went into Kratos' head.

Also do you know whats really dumb? the idea that Ganon and Link could stop Kratos AND Galen marek, Marek who could with a gesture turn either of team 1 into paste.

LLLLLink
We all know that you dont know the first thing about Zelda, BT, so dont make any claims about their durability. I dont think that you, FT, are giving Link due credit. Do you realize how strong he is with the GG on? Its surely nothing to scoff at. Galen is easily screwed by the Mirror Shield.

My question is this: What could either of them possibly do to hurt team 1?

Most powerful sorcery: Ganondorf
Most powerful weapon: Master Sword
Invicibility: Ganondorf, Link, God Kratos
Fastest object in play: Link's arrows
Characters fighting with debuffs: Link, Ganondorf

Gumachi
Originally posted by Sappho
ok, i see you do this all the time, and since no one else notices/will say something about it, i will. its NOTHING, not NONETHING.

I don't care.

Burning thought
We all know that you dont know the first thing about Zelda, BT, so dont make any claims about their durability. I dont think that you, FT, are giving Link due credit. Do you realize how strong he is with the GG on? Its surely nothing to scoff at. Galen is easily screwed by the Mirror Shield.

Thats the fault of the Link supporters not mine, your shortcomings in LoK are obvious but thats no excuse for me not to teach you a thing or two, this is reflected also in your knowledge of Kratos and Galen, both of which I know marginally more about than you do, the former vastly more.

Being a fan of Link is no excuse for him to win I hope you understand.

Marek can as I said turn either of the opposing team into paste.

The master sword being anything close to the Blade of Olympus must have been a joke or a lack of insight, the dinky thing can only just succeed in the job its made for let alone match the blade of the heaven and the earth held by a stronger entity.

Phanteros
BOO in the war of the titans. God Kratos has Aries weird abilities.

Sappho
marek would tk him before link can even think about what to do.

Phanteros
Link isn't strong enough to match Kratos without equipment.

MooCowofJustice
Depends on the Link you're using. Twilight Princess Link matches Ganon in strength without any strength enhancing items.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Sappho
marek would tk him before link can even think about what to do.

Originally posted by Phanteros
Link isn't strong enough to match Kratos with equipment.

MooCowofJustice
Marek's got his hands full with Ganondorf.

ScreamPaste
Kratos is evil, Link can hold him off while Ganon soul rapes Marek, then they gang up on KRatos for the win.

ares834
Marek who could with a gesture turn either of team 1 into paste.
This is BS. As an avid Star Wars fan, I know Marek has no such power. Yes he managed to defeat Vader and yes he has great TK powers able to send Troopers flyin, redirect fallin SDs, and crush AT-ST's... But Ganon also has some insane TK feats such as holding up a castle, destroying two castles, and Zant (Who uses but a little of Ganon's power) throws Link, Midna, and a Light Spirit like dolls. And that is not even what Ganon is good at. His sorcery should easily enable him to trap Marek in a magic crystal (like he did to Zelda) or throw him into the space between dimensions. Heck with but a bit of his power, Ganon was able to cover the Great Sea in an endless night and rain.

ares834
Marek who could with a gesture turn either of team 1 into paste.
Blunder 4 part 1 wink

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by ares834
Blunder 4 part 1 wink

That was serious win.

Phanteros
Kratos is evil, Link can hold him off while Ganon soul rapes Marek, then they gang up on KRatos for the win. Not this shit again. Plus this is God Kratos.

First_Tsurugi06
Kratos is evil, Link can hold him off while Ganon soul rapes Marek, then they gang up on KRatos for the win.

No he's not, first off. If Kratos is classifiable as evil by what he's done overall, then I can think of a good half dozen anti-heroes that fit the category moreso. As said prior, Link would be lucky to outmatch Kratos in any category, because he's not goig to be "holdimg him off" for anymore than what few moments it takes for Kratos to overpower him.

I dont think that you, FT, are giving Link due credit. Do you realize how strong he is with the GG on? Its surely nothing to scoff at. Galen is easily screwed by the Mirror Shield.

I'm not doing anything to downplay what Link is capable of (hell, the kid's pretty much among my top five favorite VG chars). He's underrated in some senses, but still, by no means is he close to the league of every other character here unless in the composite sense. I've not yet ignored what Link is capable of with the GG, but the thing is that Kratos with his bare hands still has better feats of strength than any Link has ever had with enhancements, and most will argue that Ganon too, is still stronger than Link. I acknowledge what a composite Link is capable of, but also that a singlar Link is maybe low-level metahuman at best, taking on a semi-diety level tyrant and only ever winning through plot device and interventions. Link doesnt have the luxuries of PIS and hyperbole against an actual deity who, as such, shares none of the weaknesses of Link's nemesis, and I'm not about to go assuming that a virtually featless mask can level the playing field for Link.

It would take longer to explain why even all-out, team 1 would be hard pressed to have very many means of doing anything to either on team 2 before they're are mercilessly slaughtered. Or rather Link, at least.

Blade of Olympus is also leagues more powerful than the Master Sword btw. Master Sword's usefulness only comes into play in the midst of athreat of darkness to the kingdom. Aside from sorcery which, in most scenarios if not all do go to Ganon, Kratos has every advantage you stated except for maybe the fastest object in play, which is the Force, which Marek controls.

ScreamPaste
Who's stronger between Kratos and Link could actually be debated, I'm not necessarily claiming Link's stronger, I'm just saying, Kratos strength does seem to get praised a little overzealously at times.

God Kratos is obviously stronger.

Link could still hold even god Kratos off long enough for Ganon to finish off Marek, imho.

I believe very firmly that Kratos is evil, that doesn't make him a villain. You can be evil and still be an anti-hero, people seem to think I'm insinuating he's the bad guy. I do believe he's evil though. He's simply too cruel and aggressive to be neutral.

Burning thought
This is BS. As an avid Star Wars fan, I know Marek has no such power. Yes he managed to defeat Vader and yes he has great TK powers able to send Troopers flyin, redirect fallin SDs, and crush AT-ST's... But Ganon also has some insane TK feats such as holding up a castle, destroying two castles, and Zant (Who uses but a little of Ganon's power) throws Link, Midna, and a Light Spirit like dolls. And that is not even what Ganon is good at. His sorcery should easily enable him to trap Marek in a magic crystal (like he did to Zelda) or throw him into the space between dimensions. Heck with but a bit of his power, Ganon was able to cover the Great Sea in an endless night and rain.

You just listed a ton of agreeing factors for my argument, then claimed that my statements were baseless with your little mockery of my blunder system. You just made a blunder yourself......agreeing with me then telling me I blundered...

And no, Ganon has nothing in comparison with Galens TK, first Ganon having TK means nothing unless you can prove he cna block the force as it happens, second he cant react to Galen....third, lifting a castle which by the wya ive not seen yet so go and fetch the evidence is nothing to a Stardesroyer....not even close.

Its obvious your one of the ole Moocow/Screampaste friend crew....this is a joke, I know you guys need support but trying to get everything friend you have to sign up and say the same argument youve already stated is redundant, its not going to make your arguments mean any more and furthermore youve still not shown the evidence for most of this...

Gumachi
Why does everyone assume that Kratos will fight as a giant? Anyway, couldn't Galen immobolize Link? And then it will be left 2-on-1, and Kratos would, most likely, beat Ganon? Starkiller could probably paralize Link, while Kratos rips him in half or something.

Burning thought
Gumachi there are many many ways Ganon and Kratos could win, you listed several.

Gumachi
Gumachi there are many many ways Ganon and Kratos could win, you listed several.

You mean Galen, right?

So how many people routing for team 2?

Phanteros
Me, you, and BT.

Gumachi
What about First_Tsurugi06?

MooCowofJustice
Its obvious your one of the ole Moocow/Screampaste friend crew....this is a joke, I know you guys need support but trying to get everything friend you have to sign up and say the same argument youve already stated is redundant, its not going to make your arguments mean any more and furthermore youve still not shown the evidence for most of this...

Do you ever stop the sock/friend accusations?

I don't know who Ares is, but he's already proven himself to be smarter than you.

Phanteros
What about First_Tsurugi06? him too.

Sappho

Strongest: Kratos
Reaction speed: kratos
Most powerful weapon: blade of olympus
Invicibility: Ganondorf, God Kratos
Fastest object in play: tk from ganon/marek and i dont know much about star wars, but cant marek use lightning or some shit?

lmao, your naming stuff that obviously favors team 1. ive changed a little for you.

Me, you, and BT.
and me

Gumachi
How many routing for team 1? 2 laughing

ScreamPaste
SuperLuigi, Myself, Moocow, Ares.

Cyner
and meh stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
That's 5. Awesome.

Burning thought
so five of us, vs 5 of you...also I dont remember where Luigi said he votes for the Link/Ganon team...

Wei Phoenix
Kratos and Galen wins.

Burning thought
6 vs 5, klkl also this is not really the voteing thread is it? I thought that was for the tourney matches.

Cyner
This is spite against team 2

Ganon can TK, trap between dimensions, or possess either of the members from two. That along with short range teleports, immense strength, and the ability to project magic attacks.

Link's Master Sword will be extra effective on either member of team two. He also has Nayru's love for 2 minutes(i believe) worth of invincibility a pop. the Master Sword protects him from any TK attempts.

Burning thought
He can TK, Galen can Tk better, trap between dimensions? no opponents will allow him to TK him into a hole and w8 there for hours...possession is a no use since hes merely possessed Zelda who hardly has as much willpower as either of these characters to defend against the conciousness being overthrown.

Tk protection=speculation

Phanteros
Originally posted by Cyner

Ganon can TK, trap between dimensions, or possess either of the members from two. That along with short range teleports, immense strength, and the ability to project magic attacks.

Link's Master Sword will be extra effective on either member of team two. He also has Nayru's love for 2 minutes(i believe) worth of invincibility a pop. the Master Sword protects him from any TK attempts. Kratos already has soul resisting feats also if your referring to the time Ganon possed Zelda then that doesn't mean anything because she was already out of her body.

Burning thought
Is that really true? shes not even insdie her own body when this feat happens? ...its funny how Link fans like to pull the wool over peoples eyes, It seems perhaps if I did actually "play a Zelda game" I would find out that their weaker than even I imagined, let alone the fans versions....

Moocow/Screampaste your chant should be "please dont play a Zelda game"

Cyner
oh noes the conspiracy is out to get you and pull some imaginary wool over your eyes!!!

Other than Zelda we've seen Ganon possess Aghanim, we don't know if he wanted to be possessed or not because it's never fully explained. The fact is Ganon can possess people. However Aghanim was fully alive and "in his body" when possessed.

Edit: Aghanim was a very powerful wizard in his own right

Phanteros
oh noes the conspiracy is out to get you and pull some imaginary wool over your eyes!!!

Other than Zelda we've seen Ganon possess Aghanim, we don't know if he wanted to be possessed or not because it's never fully explained. The fact is Ganon can possess people. However Aghanim was fully alive when and "in his body" when possessed. Or its Simply ganon in disguise

Wei Phoenix

Link's Master Sword will be extra effective on either member of team two. He also has Nayru's love for 2 minutes(i believe) worth of invincibility a pop. the Master Sword protects him from any TK attempts.

Kratos is not evil. Kratos also has the Blade Of Olympus which had the power to end a war with a stroke.

ScreamPaste
Kratos is evil. An anti-hero can still be evil, there's no way he's neutral, he's far too agressive, selfish, and cruel. He enjoys being a jerkass.

Cyner
Or its Simply ganon in disguise

No it's Canon that Ganon possesses Aghanim

ares834
How are they going to even hurt Ganon? In WW the King of Hyrule states only the master sword can defeat Ganon. Later on when Link confronts Ganon in the forbidden Fortress, Link attacks him. The blade is unable to touch Ganon and he calls it "useless" as it does no "sparkle with the power to repel evil".

Kratos can't use that ability.

Wei Phoenix
Kratos is evil. An anti-hero can still be evil, there's no way he's neutral, he's far too agressive, selfish, and cruel. He enjoys being a jerkass.

Being a jerk doesn't make you evil. Kratos to my knowledge has never killed an innocent person after he began seeking redemption. He only kills demons and humans who screw with him.

Wei Phoenix
How are they going to even hurt Ganon? In WW the King of Hyrule states only the master sword can defeat Ganon. Later on when Link confronts Ganon in the forbidden Fortress, Link attacks him. The blade is unable to touch Ganon and he calls it "useless" as it does no "sparkle with the power to repel evil".

Kratos can't use that ability.

That's how they hurt Ganon.

Why can't Kratos use that ability?

ares834
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
That's how they hurt Ganon.
K

No canical evidence that he can.

Edit: BTW even if Link dies Ganon can just revive him.

Phanteros
only to be killed again.

Wei Phoenix
K

No canical evidence that he can.

Edit: BTW even if Link dies Ganon can just revive him.

Any canonical evidence that he can't?

Also once you're gone in a vs fight, that's it, no revival or reincarnation or coming back. You're out for good. Anyway Ganon would have to have time to revive him while two people are attacking him even if he could.

ares834
only to be killed again.
Then revived again.

ares834
Any canonical evidence that he can't?
Ganon wins because he snaps his finger which insta kills anyone that does not have long ears...

Afterall there is no canonical evidence he can't...
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zant revives Stallord in around five seconds... that added with the fact that Ganon can teleport clearly allows him the time required to revive him.

ScreamPaste
Marek dies as soon as this match begins, Link and Ganon fighting Kratos is a win for Link and Ganon, even if Kratos managed to kill Link, Ganon revives him, and Kratos has made no progress.

Wei Phoenix
Ganon wins because he snaps his finger which insta kills anyone that does not have long ears...

Afterall there is no canonical evidence he can't...
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zant revives Stallord in around five seconds... that added with the fact that Ganon can teleport clearly allows him the time required to revive him.

Faulty logic, because Ganon isn't using an item or weapon to do so that has already proved that it was capable of doing so. Kratos is using a weapon that was shown to do the feat, there was nothing to suggest only Zeus can do so IIRC.

Doesn't change the fact that revival is not allowed. If it is then Kratos continues to come back too.

ScreamPaste
Technicly being sent to Hades would be a BFR anyway.

ares834
Faulty logic, because Ganon isn't using an item or weapon to do so that has already proved that it was capable of doing so. Kratos is using a weapon that was shown to do the feat, there was nothing to suggest only Zeus can do so IIRC. There is nothing to suggest that Kratos can do it either. Otherwise why did he not use it on the Olympians.

Phanteros
Marek dies as soon as this match begins, Link and Ganon fighting Kratos is a win for Link and Ganon, even if Kratos managed to kill Link, Ganon revives him, and Kratos has made no progress. Assuming Marek is just standing there and doing nothing. whats stoping him And Kratos from quickly removing ganon first?

ares834
Assuming Marek is just standing there and doing nothing. whats stoping him And Kratos from quickly removing ganon first? He can teleport out of the way or turn invisible.

Phanteros
He can teleport out of the way or turn invisible. A good thing Marek has precog.

Phanteros
There is nothing to suggest that Kratos can do it either. Otherwise why did he not use it on the Olympians. Zeus created it. Maybe he took precaution in that case.

Cyner
why does everyone get to ignore my posts?

So someone mentioned that Kratos has some sort of soul protection so I guess I can concede that point. However Galen has no such thing. I find it interesting that BT suggests the Master Sword's TK protection is speculation when it's so obviously not. I would link the videos but i'm sure you've seen them.

ares834
A good thing Marek has precog.
True. But it still allows Ganon to put space between himself and his opponents allowing him to blast them with magic.

ScreamPaste
Galen's moot, he dies as soon as the fight starts.

Phanteros
Galen's moot, he dies as soon as the fight starts. and why?

ScreamPaste
Soul rape.

Phanteros
Soul rape. example?

Burning thought
Hes prob not got one, also Id wager without even seeing his evidence (not that he would provide any) that its slow as hell and that Galen would have burst Ganons body before he even tries.

LLLLLink
Galen dies instantly. Ganon lets Galen and Kratos stab him with their respective swords, and then comes through it and chokes their heads off with diety destroying power (as seen in TP).

Burning thought
lol and all that before he wipes out the universe, breaks the barrier between Hyrule and Marvel and chokes the Living tribunal to death as well?

ScreamPaste
Aren't you the one who claimed Kain could recreate the big bang..?

LLLLLink
Well, full power Ganon > all (except the Master Sword)
Imo.

Burning thought
Aren't you the one who claimed Kain could recreate the big bang..?

He could theoretically, in canon but Kains canon is ignored.

Cyner
lol and all that before he wipes out the universe, breaks the barrier between Hyrule and Marvel and chokes the Living tribunal to death as well?

Hell YES. Afterward he goes to mcdonalds for a egg mcmuffin and thinks about that time he choked the Living Tribunal to death.

LLLLLink
Amen! Preach, Cyner!

Phanteros
Blade of Olympus ignores invincibility

LLLLLink
Proof?
The Master Sword does. Ganon is the proof.

Gumachi
The Blade of Olympus>Master Sword

First_Tsurugi06
There is nothing to suggest that Kratos can do it either. Otherwise why did he not use it on the Olympians.

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will DIE...!"

Not "...then all on Olympus will be banished to the darkest pits of Tartarus!"

ANd in case you bothered to remember, Tartarus is ruled BY an Olympian.

First_Tsurugi06
he's far too agressive, selfish, and cruel.

So are Scorpion, Alex Mercer, Vegeta, just about every GTA protagonist, and hell, even Batman to a point. Are they all suddenly evil now as well (which, like Kratos, they're not)?

No. Dante is a cocky jerkass. Kratos is a self-centered meat head. As for everyone I mentioned above, Scorpion is a one-dimensional posterboy, Alex Mercer is a pissy pile of biomass and plot-twist, Vegeta is a cluelessly arrogant showboat with a serious denial streak who took over two hundred episodes to START getting a clue to grow up, GTA protagonists are a bunch of f***ing sociopaths, and Batman...is the goddamn Batman.

It's what makes most of them good characters.

ScreamPaste
so your argument is that because being a massive douchebag is popular in gaming characters, the bar is set low enogh what should be evil is neutral? I'm sorry, but Kratos is simply a total bastard. Makes him a good anti-hero, but he's still evil. no expression

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
So are Scorpion, Alex Mercer, Vegeta, just about every GTA protagonist, and hell, even Batman to a point. Are they all suddenly evil now as well (which, like Kratos, they're not)?

No. Dante is a cocky jerkass. Kratos is a self-centered meat head. As for everyone I mentioned above, Scorpion is a one-dimensional posterboy, Alex Mercer is a pissy pile of biomass and plot-twist, Vegeta is a cluelessly arrogant showboat with a serious denial streak who took over two hundred episodes to START getting a clue to grow up, GTA protagonists are a bunch of f***ing sociopaths, and Batman...is the goddamn Batman.

It's what makes most of them good characters.

Scorpion mostly follows evil orders from what I know, Alex Mercer is a douchebag and Vegeta actually did good things while being aggressive.

Does Kratos do any good outside of acting for himself?

Gumachi
Didn't he do good for the gods? It's like being debatable whether Vergil is evil or not.

First_Tsurugi06
so your argument is that because being a massive douchebag is popular in gaming characters, the bar is set low enogh what should be evil is neutral? I'm sorry, but Kratos is simply a total bastard. Makes him a good anti-hero, but he's still evil. no expression

In the case of the aforementioned character archetypes, yes. No one's denying that Kratos is a bastard, but everything you're saying is just proof of being unable to realize that not everything in popular culture is as black and white with it's sense of good and evil as Legend of Zelda, because God of War, as everything else in Greek Mythology, is about vying for power and seeing one's own visions through based on a matter of perspective, not blatant right and wrong. Kratos does what he does to achieve his own goals, it just so happens that they tend to involve the need to kill others. The only time he was close to it was when he was a servant to Ares. What differentiates him from being evil is the fact that he's aware of and worked to redeem himself of the darkest parts of his past. With the latest upcoming installment, the main motive is revenge based on the cumulative events in his life based on his-guessed it-perspective.

That's not evil.

Scorpion mostly follows evil orders from what I know, Alex Mercer is a douchebag and Vegeta actually did good things while being aggressive.

Does Kratos do any good outside of acting for himself?

For his OWN benefit, common amongst antiheroes, but not for the sake of malevolent intentions ala Ganon. Mercer, no arguments from me, but like I said, it took Vegeta the whole series to just begin getting over his arrogant denial streak, because in at least one or two situations I can think of, matters got worse because of his idiotic hubirs.

At least twice. More than enough times to deviate from outright villainy.

ScreamPaste
IE, selfish.

Revenge isn't a good deed to counter balance his evil....

IE, selfish. This would generally equal neutral, but if you factor in the means to this end, it becomes a very obvious evil.

I'm not basing this on LoZ, either, this is a pretty simple concept, regardless of his views, a man who does X for Y, where Y is a reward or benefit, and X is a horrible act, is doing evil. Anti-hero =/= non-evil, just non-villain.

First_Tsurugi06
IE, selfish.

But not evil.

Yes it is. Quite frankly so in fact. It's not a particularly good deed, but his intentions aren't done so out of a sense of malevolence.

Intentions mean everything, so no matter the horror of X, one can do so out of different intentions, and is only evil if the intentions are as amoral as their actions. Only the latter is amoral for Kratos, his intentions within are simply to move forward to his ultimate goal, which was only ever either redemption or revenge. His actions, no matter how horrific, are ultimately what helps for the perceived greater good of the series. The only time he was ever close to being evil, he came to realize what he was doing.

Sappho
yea, kratos is sorry for what he did to his family, trying to help the titans (which he percieves to be good), and only kills to achieve these goals.

ScreamPaste
This line right here is entirely, 100% inaccurate. Hitler didn't think he was doing wrong, does that make him non-evil, too? His 'views' didn't deem himself as evil.

The problem here is monolithic evil doesn't exist. Evil isn't evil for the sake of it. People steal to feed their families, and sometimes they have to kill the guy running the store to achieve that.

Kratos is evil.

XanatosForever
No, you're all wrong. You know who wins this? The fans, because they get to watch an epic battle of epic proportions.

First_Tsurugi06
This line right here is entirely, 100% inaccurate. Hitler didn't think he was doing wrong, does that make him non-evil, too? His 'views' didn't deem himself as evil.

The problem here is monolithic evil doesn't exist. Evil isn't evil for the sake of it. People steal to feed their families, and sometimes they have to kill the guy running the store to achieve that.

Kratos is evil.

First of all, it has virtually nothing to do with whether Kratos thinks what he's doing is wrong or not, because the mass genocide of numerous mythological creatures that Kratos brought about wasn't just for the sake of it. Trying to stress a real-world "candy from a baby" logic into a fantasy setting based around mythical aspects that involve perspective doesn't work. Even your second paragraph's example speaks more for a sense of desperation than anything else. It doesn't take an evil person to do bad deeds. Kratos needless to say is not a good-hearted person, true, nor is he against doing violent deeds. But the thing is that based on plot, what he did was never out of who he was, he never does his for the sake of being an rage-driven killer.

So no, he's not.

ScreamPaste
He doesn't have to do it for the sake of being a rage driven killer, he still does it.

So, yeah, he's evil. Ends do not justify means.

Edit: motive doesn't matter that much either.

XER
What's this forum's obsession with Galen Marek out of curiosity? He was a second rate character featured in a second rate game that isn't even relatively that powerful.

XanatosForever
Second rate character? Sure. Not relatively powerful? His feats would say otherwise, and by a fairly large degree. Add that to the lore he's attached to, and you've got some stupid level of strength. no expression

First_Tsurugi06
He doesn't have to do it for the sake of being a rage driven killer, he still does it.

So, yeah, he's evil. Ends do not justify means.

Edit: motive doesn't matter that much either.

And in most cases, that's actually not why Kratos does what he does. He's done it all for either revenge, redemption, absolution, etc., none of which are of malevolent nature, not even revenge-which is often among personal matters in Kratos' case.

Motive makes all the difference, and none of Kratos' motives are of evil intentions, just primarily self-centered ones. He's just as capable of saving someone if it's beneficial to him as he is killing someone if that person poses some kind of opposition. Take, say, Afro Samurai for example (and I'm not just using this reference just because Afro's old teacher was voiced by the same guy who voices Kratos). This man, even in his childhood, was hell bent on avenging his father in the same manner as Kratos was hell bent on avenging his wife and daughter. Now we're given a damn good insight on what it was that brought them to where they are, and just how they bring themselves closer to their goals: through endless bloodshed, such to the point that they ultimately can't take any of it back. Now, the distinction is basically that Afro had to practically cast away his emotions to stomach the life as such (thus, Ninja Ninja was created), whereas Kratos was brought into serving the Gods through realizing that his old master Ares was trying to make him his own tool of destruction.

The point I'm getting at is that God of War and Afro Samurai delve too much into individual perspectives of the characters to truly conclude that there's really black and white in either series. Ares was the closest thing to "Hitler-esque" in GoW, and in his perspective, he thought he was helping Kratos to become a great warrior. If anyone in GoW is evil, it's Ares: he betrayed the trust and loyalty of Kratos, deceived him into killing his wife and daughter, all for the sake of making sure nothing else got in the way of his new servant

NemeBro
Just so you all know, the guy in my sig and avy is the reason for Afro Samurai's roaring rampage of revenge. 131

Sappho
hah. and to let you all know, KRATOS IS NOT EVIL. may do some bad things every once in a while, but ultimately does the things he has to.

ScreamPaste
He's evil.

Sappho
fine, he's evil rolleyes1

ScreamPaste
<3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.