Abeloth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolverine2179
I know i have yet to read abyss, but i am pretty convinced to pick up this book seeing that the likely new villain isnt your same old repetitive bullshit sith/alien/mando invasion.

But i created this thread for the discussion about this "godlike being" or as i would prefer to call it, "cosmic entity".

Discuss.

truejedi
K, first, I will start with this: I dont' see how anything she has done is Godlike yet. She is supposedly in two places at once? That is unconfirmed. It could be the same kind of force illusion luke uses to be in 2 places at once. The rumors of her Godlikeness are pretty cool. But she will still be taken down, so in all reality, that means we are misusing the word godlike. Lets just go with supervillian right now.
I have 2 questions:

1. What does she have to do with Centerpoint,
2. Where did she come from?

To the first, i have no idea, to the second, I think Sidious will have very much to do with creating her, or at least influencing her, because it is at this point, her fault that the clone wars ever started. (according to luke) Since it was palpatines ultimate triumph to bring about the clone wars, chances are, it is his doing that abeloth came about.

Wolverine2179
Or she may be sidious biological mother

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by truejedi
K, first, I will start with this: I dont' see how anything she has done is Godlike yet. She is supposedly in two places at once? That is unconfirmed. It could be the same kind of force illusion luke uses to be in 2 places at once. The rumors of her Godlikeness are pretty cool. But she will still be taken down, so in all reality, that means we are misusing the word godlike. Lets just go with supervillian right now.
I have 2 questions:
It's actually confirmed because while she's on that planet, Luke and Ben see her as the "Lady in the Mists" or whatever the title was, while Mind Walking. Furthermore, she manipulates all 15 sith to follow her, and has an ancient sith ship call her "almighty".

As Gideon has speculated, Sidious MAY have known about her and as a result, created a military complex in the Maw to keep an eye out for her. It is highly doubtful Sidious had ANYTHING to do with her creation, as it was hinted that she's been there for thousands of years and very well may have had something to do with the celestials, outdating Sidous by a few hundred thousand years?

Furthermore, stop referring to Abeloth as a "she". It is apparently a godlike being with the ability to take the shape of whatever it chooses.

truejedi
oh good grief. I'll call her she until she stops showing up as a lady everywhere.

and did it ever occur to you that the abeloth lady on the planet is the illusion?

i'm just playing devil's advocate here though, so we don't try to narrow her (it) down too much before we get more info.

Wolverine2179
Could "It" be galactus from the marvel universe?

This thing may not be a mere organic creature but a cosmic entity.

Gideon
We've seen some impressive displays of mental persuasion in the mythos; from Bastila to Lord Kaan to Yoda and Palpatine. But the ease in which Abeloth is able to ingratiate herself with the Lost Tribe strike team is frightening; there is one point in the book, towards the end, where Lady Rhea is "visibly shaken" when it appears that Abeloth becomes enraged. She practically becomes the de facto commander of the strike team, despite the fact that the Sith had only just met her. And everyone knows that the Sith are the last group in existence to ever willingly relinquish command, much less to a complete stranger. Not to mention the fact that the Sith Ship, which is designed to obey the Sith, takes orders from Abeloth first.

Demonstrations of her power have been pleasantly vague; we don't need someone hurling planets around or collapsing stars or opening up the space/time continuum. She seems to be omnipresent or capable of astral projection, she possesses mental persuasion that possibly exceeds anything we've seen in the mythos, and if Vestara's conclusions are to be believed, she possesses a sadistic manipulative side.

My theories have been noted on the other thread. It seems far too coincidental that Abeloth's presence is felt primarily within the Maw; given Admiral Daala's major presence in this series as well, and her hatred towards the Jedi, it would be a clever angle to play. Not to mention that every major addition to the Star Wars saga post-RotJ has featured a prominent connection to the Emperor.

Did he create her? Doubt it. The suggestion I get is that she is a force far more powerful than him.

Wolverine2179
Interesting, but ridiculous.

It now seems that the authors are trying to create omnipotent overpowered beings and this may very well end up like marvels "cosmic gods fight" which is utterly ridiculous.

I still want to pick up the book though.

But how exactly is this being far more powerful than both the emperor and luke skywalker?

And when does the next novel come out btw?

Gideon
Wolverine
Interesting, but ridiculous.

Corrected.

WTF?

No, Wolvie. Not at all. Most of this is speculation; I told you that the extent of Abeloth's abilities are "pleasantly vague." She is a far cry from a Marvel comic book god; far more subtle and mysterious.

In fact, she's a far cry from certain depictions of Luke and Sidious in terms of overt displays of power.

You should. Great stuff.

All sorts of little accolades and comments, from the Sith ship calling her "almighty" to her mental mindfvck of the Sith and Mind-Walkers to her being responsible for the Jedi psychosis to Centerpoint Station being used as a "hatch" to keep her at bay to Vestara believing that Abeloth is "powerful beyond comprehension," ect.

No idea.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Gideon
Corrected.
Yeah well.. its still interesting.

BTW how did you do the cancel word effect?

WTF?

No, Wolvie. Not at all. Most of this is speculation; I told you that the extent of Abeloth's abilities are "pleasantly vague." She is a far cry from a Marvel comic book god; far more subtle and mysterious.

In fact, she's a far cry from certain depictions of Luke and Sidious in terms of overt displays of power.
And i hope that that authors don't overpower it/her and make it look like some cosmic god from marvel(now THATS ridiculous and too far fetched).

But i wouldn't be surprised if this being is extremely powerful.

I'm a little confused to be honest, is this beings "power" the command of the force or an unseen power?

You should. Great stuff.
I will soon.

All sorts of little accolades and comments, from the Sith ship calling her "almighty" to her mental mindfvck of the Sith and Mind-Walkers to her being responsible for the Jedi psychosis to Centerpoint Station being used as a "hatch" to keep her at bay to Vestara believing that Abeloth is "powerful beyond comprehension," ect.

No idea. i checked and its march-april 2010 sad

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
BTW how did you do the cancel word effect?

*word* = *word*

Without the spaces.

Wolverine2179
Thank you, you I are gay!

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Could "It" be galactus from the marvel universe?

This thing may not be a mere organic creature but a cosmic entity.

Personally I think of Abeloth as similar to a H.P. Lovecraftian entity.

Incanus
I think they gave Palpatine a ridiculous amount of knoiwledge in this, going so far as to say he knew about the Vong. crazy, I know but I have the book. trying this out.

Hewhoknowsall
Abeloth is freaky. Wait...is that lady in the mist that Luke/Ben saw really Abeloth?

Dr McBeefington
Yea. The entity known as Abeloth.

Gideon
Originally posted by Incanus
I think they gave Palpatine a ridiculous amount of knoiwledge in this, going so far as to say he knew about the Vong. crazy, I know but I have the book. trying this out.

I forgot about his knowledge of the Ssi-Ruuk (sp?).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.