Kain vs Kefka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Both at full power. Takes place in the sameplace as the final battle from FF.

Burning thought
I could have sworn this had been done one way or another and my argument is the same, from actual shown vids and images Kefka takes far too long to use any of his abilities, 3 second sfor that laser, probably longer for any other ability vageuly useful.

Kain could just teleport/slash and catch Kefkas head as it drops or even better drink Kefkas blood, gain his powers and then amuse himself by allowing Kefka some glory before stopping him in his tracks with ease.

Also youve not taken away time powers, repel shield etc so youve negated Kefkas normal speed anyway as well as his magic.

Gumachi
Why do you think Kain always defeats everyone so easily?

Burning thought
Because those who have extreme power are too slow to be able to use them and he himself has powers that bypass various defences. His own defences being fairly imrpessive. hes not an easy entity to hit, let alone kill and thats not because he is physically fast but his teleport and mist powers allow him to escape many things unharmed.

SuperLuigi
kain doesnt have control over kefkas magic. kefka drain 3 gods of their magic to have his. and why are these 2 fighting? blaming someone for their loss that didnt happen?

Burning thought
I dont understand what your saying.....you said nothing that seems relevent to the fight to me anyway....

SuperLuigi
you said scream negated kefkas magic. im assuming you mean because kain has control of some kind over the magic in his world that he instant assumes control over magic in kefkas. which isnt the case

Burning thought
No I said he has negated kefkas magic because hes got the repel shield which reflects magic back on its caster. I have not played the "kain can control magic" card yet. Kain does indeed control magic but he does not need to do it, in this fight he is too quick for the magic to be worth doing and can cast time slowing and repel shield before Kefka can do much at all.

SuperLuigi
oh well kefka has meteor which can not be reflected plus kefka is planet busting. kain has not shown to be a planet buster

Burning thought
Thats irrelvent, if Kain could blow up the universe but it took him 3 years to cast the spell would that put him on a level far beyond all these characters who can only bust planets? no......

Theres more than just the amount of damage you can create, first show me him doing it within a second or so....then you may have an argument.

SuperLuigi
show me proof of kain being able to blow up the universe

Burning thought
Originally posted by Burning thought
Thats irrelvent, if Kain could blow up the universe

SuperLuigi
oh got you

Burning thought
stick out tongue

SuperLuigi
kefka's meteor is different from seph's if thats what you're implying by the 3 years comment

Burning thought
No, I used 3 years to show you that speed and casting time is very important, I doubt he can call and land a meteor or destroy the world in less than a second is what me saying...and I doubt the meteor is as large as sephiroths...

SuperLuigi
meteor was just showing you that kains repel shield can be breached. god kefka will sure last alot longer than 5 min vs kain.

Burning thought
How can it be breached when it cant be hit? its reflecting remember, not blocking.

I doubt God Kefka will last more than 1 or 2 seconds, unless hes got some damn fine time, blood and soul resistances. Or some great speed feats.

SuperLuigi
meteor cannot be reflected. repel shield = reflect in ff world.
meteor always by passes reflect

Burning thought
You cant make that judgement, you can only assume that it works exactley the same with the same limitations. The repel shield is simply not from the Final fantasy universe.

Even if it can, what kind of meteor is it? the Diablo 2 sorceress can summon a meteor shower but its not impressive...

Phanteros
Both of them gets killed by Neo Exdeath.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Phanteros
Both of them gets killed by Neo Exdeath.

Yea, then they both get killed be Aman'Thul too. Oh wait, he's not here and neither is Neo Exdeath.

SuperLuigi
i know that which is why neo was to strong for my tourney. bt before you start neo exdeath can turn everything to nothing, end of story.

Phanteros
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Yea, then they both get killed be Aman'Thul too. Oh wait, he's not here and neither is Neo Exdeath. Humorless, I see.

ArtificialGlory
Humorless, I see.

Well, I consider myself to have a decent sense of humor, but that was neither funny, nor witty. It was just a statement that a ridiculously powerful character could kill them.

Maybe I'm just missing something here? Perhaps some kind of an inside joke that I'm not aware of?

Phanteros
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Well, I consider myself to have a decent sense of humor, but that was neither funny, nor witty. It was just a statement that a ridiculously powerful character could kill them.

Maybe I'm just missing something here? Perhaps some kind of an inside joke that I'm not aware of? I was trying to create a meme but whatever.

Burning thought
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
i know that which is why neo was to strong for my tourney. bt before you start neo exdeath can turn everything to nothing, end of story.

Oh I always find something, Sephiroth can apprently wreck planets and Kefka continents/planets....they all have their little weaknesses

Phanteros
Oh I always find something, Sephiroth can apprently wreck planets and Kefka continents/planets....they all have their little weaknesses Neo is nihilistic(as in nothing)

SuperLuigi
they dont have weaknesses, PIS allows the villians to lose

Burning thought
Theyve been destroyed in several threads so far, I would say they have weaknesses, e.g. slow spellcasting, poor durability, lack of intellect etc

Neo is nihilistic(as in nothing)

I doubt the game that has him just says at the end "Exdeth has defeated you! end of game!!!"

So what defeats him?

SuperLuigi
same thing that defeats every villian PIS. a battle that shouldnt even take place. Neo Exdeath can absorb everything and turn it into nothing

Burning thought
Do we see him absorb living beings and doing it? just for lolz

How fast is it? I think ive seen him doing it before in a vid and he has to create some sort of void portal before he can do it...

Phanteros
Theyve been destroyed in several threads so far, I would say they have weaknesses, e.g. slow spellcasting, poor durability, lack of intellect etc

I doubt the game that has him just says at the end "Exdeth has defeated you! end of game!!!"

So what defeats him? He just disappeared. Its not sure if he's dead or not. ( the fact he is nothing means he wasn't alive to begin with)

Burning thought
Oh I dunno if hes nothing, sounds like a random and baseless statement, maybe even a statemetn from himself, not a fact from the developers. For example how could they fight him, or even know of him if he is inded nothing? if hes nothing how could he speak to enttiies or hear what they say to him?

He must have some concious as well, so he has at least soul/conciousness.

Besides i could have sworn he was a big evil tree.....

Phanteros
Oh I dunno if hes nothing, sounds like a random and baseless statement, maybe even a statemetn from himself, not a fact from the developers. For example how could they fight him, or even know of him if he is inded nothing? if hes nothing how could he speak to enttiies or hear what they say to him?

He must have some concious as well, so he has at least soul/conciousness.

Besides i could have sworn he was a big evil tree..... As Exdeath he was a tree/Knight. He was a representation of the void and gotten consumed by it. He is the Nexus of it. He doesn't have a soul.

Burning thought
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Neo_Exdeath

This says that he wants to be nothingness, not that he already is.....sort of like Ultemecia, she wants to compress all of time, but never did it...

SuperLuigi
exdeaths soul wanders around a castle. it was seperated from him after he absorbed the void. he all so absorbed parts of earth after consuming it

SuperLuigi
neo exdeath is absolute nothingness

Phanteros
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Neo_Exdeath

This says that he wants to be nothingness, not that he already is.....sort of like Ultemecia, she wants to compress all of time, but never did it... No he wants to erase all of existence.

Burning thought
It just says the void consumed him and turned him into a raging beast....

It says nothing about him being nothingness itself...What claims this? can you show me? he seems like Ultemecia from a debating stand point to me, has a vast potential power that can never be reached in a VS.

Phanteros
It just says the void consumed him and turned him into a raging beast....

It says nothing about him being nothingness itself...What claims this? can you show me? he seems like Ultemecia from a debating stand point to me, has a vast potential power that can never be reached in a VS. I believed the Void took him over and that's where he became on, not at the moment, He would of won if he didn't disappear.

any we way off topic

SpadeKing
after Exdeath got control of the void he banished the only thing that could stand up to him away but the former chosen heroes was able to hold off the void for the new 4 to finish the fight.

basically neoexdeath would win any match by way of instant void death unless he fights the crystal warriors ermm

Burning thought
So you can hold off teh void then? also according to that his goal was to control the void but instead it defeated him, turning him into that monster.

SpadeKing
it was the 4 former warriors who had died prior to the void sucking up everything who held it off so the new ones can go back and fight that deformed muthafvcka

Burning thought
So how did they fight off a void? magic?

SpadeKing
I don't even know they just said they'll hold it off while the other 4 went to fight exdeath

Burning thought
hmm curious, perhaps the void is not all devouring and unstoppable after all, at least not as you imagine it would be, then again some things I find in FF quite peculier. So whats Ex-deaths shown powers?

Phanteros
Only the crystal warriors hold off the void. Exdeath can make large land massess and people desapear with a thought he was a multiversal threat because he was effecting two dimensions at the same time with this and can spread it with the rift.

Burning thought
Yes but by what means? and with a thought? ive heard that one before, show me him doing this, i remember him having to open a portal or something and it slowly sucked a few people in...

Edit:

reading this:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Exdeath

He can call upon the void with a thought, but he has to channel the void over teh area to take it from excistence to another dimension.....so the void does not seem to destroy what it takes and in the end, his own void powers destroyed/defeated him....so he does not sound too great afterall.

Phanteros
Yes but by what means? and with a thought? ive heard that one before, show me him doing this, i remember him having to open a portal or something and it slowly sucked a few people in...

Edit:

reading this:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Exdeath

He can call upon the void with a thought, but he has to channel the void over teh area to take it from excistence to another dimension.....so the void does not seem to destroy what it takes and in the end, his own void powers destroyed/defeated him....so he does not sound too great afterall. Not actually. When the Void killed( if you read further) he became neo Exdeath. And the Void as stated just consumed him it didn't defeat him so he is still great. When he took complete control of it that's when he started doing the large landmasses. before that he only can do rifts. as Exdeath the warriors at the past had no way of putting down he just kept coming back untill they sealed him in the crystals.

Later on, when His power turned on him he changed into to Neo Exdeath

Burning thought
No it turned him into that ridiculous entity....a beast, its arguable if he was really exdeath or if he had any other powers other than those shown in that form...

The void certainly did not help him, nor did it give him much power, simply made him a beast.....

Either way his void powers seem too slow to be used on Kain, and his void powers can consume him as well...it would be like Kain trying to rip the soul out of one of his opponents only for him to all of a sudden lose his own on his own power. Would be a bit useless wouldnt it...

So...he thinks to call upon the power, how much concentration you would have to show me, and if it really is instant to call upon by thought, he has to channel the void, which sounds like he needs to keep it going himself (so he would be vulernable to attackers during the thought and the channeling) and thats if his power does not absorb him and turn him into a beast....

Note that Kain goes through dimensions quite often....in and out, his dimentional teleport would get him out and back to destroy Exdeath again since the void does not say that it destroys anything at all....

Phanteros
No it turned him into that ridiculous entity....a beast, its arguable if he was really exdeath or if he had any other powers other than those shown in that form...

The void certainly did not help him, nor did it give him much power, simply made him a beast.....

Either way his void powers seem too slow to be used on Kain, and his void powers can consume him as well...it would be like Kain trying to rip the soul out of one of his opponents only for him to all of a sudden lose his own on his own power. Would be a bit useless wouldnt it... Your not understanding it. The Void turned on him. The Void was sentiment and had a mind of its own. and the odds of that happening in a vs match is zero.

Burning thought
Thats exactley what ime saying? what are you claiming that I am getting wrong?

So your saying he uses a power/entity that turned on him? and you think that is helpful to him in a vs?

Kain probably wont have to do anything if he was in a VS against him, the void would attack him if he used it.

Phanteros
Thats exactley what ime saying? what are you claiming that I am getting wrong?

So your saying he uses a power/entity that turned on him? and you think that is helpful to him in a vs?

Kain probably wont have to do anything if he was in a VS against him, the void would attack him if he used it. Odds of that happening in a vs match is zero unless Exdeath decides make end it quicker. he was doing just fine against the warriors untill it happen. its not going to happen in some random occurrence like that in a vs match as much as you want it to happen.

Burning thought
Odds of that happening in a vs match is zero unless Exdeath decides make end it quicker. he was doing just fine against the warriors untill it happen. its not going to happen in some random occurrence like that in a vs match as much as you want it to happen.

Why not? random occurance? according to the source the void is a devouring entity, to me its probably more likely that its going to devour Exdeath in a vs than not considering it actually did in the canon anyway....

Did it even have any specific reason to do so? or am I correct? its like an animal on a leash that turned on its user? (I did not want to use the word master)

And then you still have to explain and show me how long it takes, you were right about one thing, he can call upon the power at his prime with a thought, but he has to channel the void (which could take time) AND then the void has to engulf the area, which Kain may escape depending on the size of the void.

You see its just as well that I do actually look up these FF characters, their overhyped to the max.....you see this is whats called disproving hype, not just trolling and spamming which is the tactic against my apprent "kain hype".

Phanteros
Why not? random occurance? according to the source the void is a devouring entity, to me its probably more likely that its going to devour Exdeath in a vs than not considering it actually did in the canon anyway.... If that was the case then it would of killed him when he had limited control of it then

It simply turned on him

unless Kain can escape large land masses]

Exdeath isn't hyped like Sephiroth.

Burning thought
If that was the case then it would of killed him when he had limited control of it then

It simply turned on him

unless Kain can escape large land masses]

Exdeath isn't hyped like Sephiroth.

Apprently he only opened tiny portals when he only had limited control.

Well then its not a very restrained power is it, if I were him I wouldnt use it....

I dont know, Kain teleported from the battle against raziel and the next time you see him hes halfway across Nosgoth, ofc its speculation if his teleport took him that far although I dont see why he would teleport away from a defeated foe if he did not want to cover some great distance. Also remember in his bat form he can cover great distance as well, and what if he dimentionaly teleported himself? at the same time as the void sucked things in? he could perhaps escape the void, not sure really. we know he can be in the spectral world now though since he can see the EG.

very true but then Exdeath has a huge fan base.

Phanteros
Like what number of fans? You won't know unless you asked someone and that will tell you that he really lacks in fan department.

Burning thought
Sorry , typo. I meant to say Sephiroth has a huge fan base. My bad

SpadeKing
sephiroth has the worst fan base IMO.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by SpadeKing
sephiroth has the worst fan base IMO.

I think that's a fact.

SuperLuigi
smh at seph haters. just because the game wasnt difficult it is still the top 3 final fantasy games to date and not because of innovation. kefka is a rip off of the joker. sephiroth is straight bad ass. he following is global. african kids love him.

Sin_Volvagia
smh at seph haters. just because the game wasnt difficult it is still the top 3 final fantasy games to date and not because of innovation. kefka is a rip off of the joker. sephiroth is straight bad ass. he following is global. african kids love him.

Sephiroth ripped off from Kefka.

Heartless Angel? Kefka has that.
Used TK before the final battle? Kefka did that.
Has an angel form? Kefka too.
Can use a physical wing attack? So can Kefka.
Has a pause before some powerful lightshow magic? Same with Kefka.
Is known for having the highest power in magic? So is Kefka.
Final battle is 4 boss battles? Kefka too.
Party splits up in the final area? Same thing in FF6.

Do I need to go on?

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia

Do I need to go on?

pwn haermm

ff7 real success was the fact it was the first one to get 3D.

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia

Do I need to go on?

how amazingly gay. you pointed out shit that is unimportant "pause before magic show"

kefka was in a "god form" not angel

uses tk before the final battle? show this unless you are talking about the cutscene where the planet sends cloud to kill him

splits the party up? wow!!! gameplay in fact most of this is game play.

all bosses in final fantasy have the highest magic. so kefka copied neo exdeath with that dumb logic.

the fact they have a few similarities is only there because they are made by the same company under the same franchise name.

riddle me this. which villian from batman does sephiroth look like?

Sin_Volvagia
how amazingly gay. you pointed out shit that is unimportant "pause before magic show"

Glad you think so. About the uimportant part, Sephiroth wastes a turn flying up to prepare Supernova. Kefka shows a face in the bottom of the screen, before using Forsaken/Goner.

Kefka still has an appearance of an angel. What's more interesting is that he has 6 wings while Sephiroth has 7.

HugLmPJiwlo
2:41-2:49 & 3:07

nawVPf7SRJU
8:26

This part compares FF6 and FF7. Did it just for laughs.

True

This is more than just recurring magic, enemies, and summons.

I've never seen Kefka pull out acid-squirting flowers, laughing gas, electric hand-shakers, or a revolver with a long barrel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.