Dark Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Heinous
What are your opinions of Dark Empire 1, 2, and 3 (Empire's End)?

theEviljedi
Never read them.What are they about?

Darth Heinous
The Dark Empire comic series is about the return of Emperor Palpatine (Darth Sidious). It takes place six years after Return Of The Jedi and 1 year before the return of Exar Kun.

theEviljedi
Cool I'm gonna read themsmile

Jedimaster3838
I just read them the other day. They are awesome!!! I love how at the beginning Luke takes down an AT-AT with the Force, that was bad!!!

Admiral Kettch
I liked the first two, but Emperor's End wasn't all that good. The Nar Shaddaa scenes are awesome.

Noob_Krueger
Dark Empire is a good series I guess

Null ARC Avis
... *sigh* *Takes out gun* "i thought i wouldnt have to use this again...? *sigh*

Escape81
Not a big fan of the comic, honestly. I'm not a fan of the visual effects, the storyline defies Anakin's sacrifice and the destruction of the Sith. I originally thought that, perhaps, Palpatine's return would liven the story - but he's not really portrayed accurately as he was in the PT and OT. He starts off as the manipulating overlord - but ends up being a raving, deranged, insane madman - thriving off of destruction. And don't get me started on the Force Storm.

The true highlight of the series was Luke's brush with the dark side, which proves that not even the purest of heart are immune to it (though it also somewhat contradicts his decision in RotJ), and Boba Fett's return - thus marking him as the hardest man to kill.

Overall: 5/10.

Morridini
I decided to look into it a couple of weeks ago as it was something I had always heard about (especially in the first EU books where they referred to the Emperor reborn and Luke going bad) however when I finally got hold of it I was hugely let down. The drawings were crap, and the story bordering on plain boring. Not worth the time spent on reading it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.