Explain This to Me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin4Ever
I'm pretty pissed right now. Why is it that everybody thinks Darth Vader, when he gets trapped in his life support suit, is stronger than Anakin in Revenge of the Sith?

I'll explain to you why I think Anakin is stronger. Firstly, Darth Vader got his arm and legs cut off by Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar. He lost a lot of midi-chlorians that day, greatly reducing his force power. Granted, he was still more powerful than an average Jedi, but he was so much more when he was mostly flesh and blood.

Secondly, his suit hindered his mobility. Djem So already had a problem with mobility, but he when he was mostly flesh, he go around it using the acrobatic moves of Ataru. When the became mostly machine, he fighting style became clumsy and slow.

Thirdly, he lost to his son in a lightsaber duel. I know Luke eventually became the most powerful Jedi ever, but Vader lost to a 23-year-old man who only had 4 years of training! Imperfect training, I might add. Plus, when he fought with Darth Maul's doppleganer, he matched him in strength until the duels end. The Anakin from Revenge of the Sith defeated Count Dooku, who is supposedly stronger than Maul.

So...someone please fill me in on why people think Vader is more powerful? His telekinetic feats? I'm sure Anakin has used telekinesis masterfully before. Remember when he Force Gripped a crap-droid's leg and smashed it into another crab-droid? That takes serious skill.
Anakin (actually Darth Vader when he was flesh & blood) killed a lot of Jedi at once. Who other than Windu, Kenobi, Yoda, and Sidous would be able to do that?

Dr McBeefington
Stronger in the force, not in saber combat.

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Stronger in the force, not in saber combat.

How is he stronger in the Force? He lost so much Force Potential (which is determined by your midi-chlorian count).

Gideon
The general conclusion is that Anakin was the superior duelist, but Vader had two decades of superior training to hone what remained of his Force aptitude. Only intense training, meditation, and study grants one a notable command of the Force.

And Anakin was probably illiterate.

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by Gideon
The general conclusion is that Anakin was the superior duelist, but Vader had two decades of superior training to hone what remained of his Force aptitude. Only intense training, meditation, and study grants one a notable command of the Force.

And Anakin was probably illiterate.

Well...I never thought of it that way. But I don't think Vader was far superior to Anakin in the Force. Wait...that would mean that Vader was stronger than Luke in the Force in ROTJ. Because there is no way Anakin, who had 13 years of training in the Force was weaker than Luke, who only had 4 years of training in the Force.

Gideon
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
Well...I never thought of it that way. But I don't think Vader was far superior to Anakin in the Force. Wait...that would mean that Vader was stronger than Luke in the Force in ROTJ. Because there is no way Anakin, who had 13 years of training in the Force was weaker than Luke, who only had 4 years of training in the Force.

You're confusing "strength in the Force" with "mastery of the Force," which are two completely different animals.

Slash_KMC
Vader has had waaay more experience in mastering the Force, and he has much more impressive feats than Anakin, which is why people know that he has a better control of the Force.

But you're actually pissed about this? Doesn't that go a little too far.

I'm pissed about people murdering eachother for drugs.

Gideon
Slash_KMC
I'm pissed about people murdering eachother for drugs.

Weird.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Gideon
Weird.

Aren't you?

Gideon
Weird or pissed?

Slash_KMC
Ehm, both.

Gideon
YesMaybe.

Slash_KMC
And to the pissed off thing?

Gideon
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
And to the pissed off thing?

I'm moving into college today and was third row at a Journey concert Friday. I'm too happy to be pissed about anything.

Slash_KMC
Good luck in college. You'll need it. You'll do great.

Gideon
Good luck in college. You'll need it. You'll do great.

I knowThanks!

Anakin4Ever
How do you guys do that line through the word thing?

Anakin4Ever
Uh

Dr McBeefington
Go to run and type in command.

Then in the command prompt type in c:/

Then type in Format C:

After that, hit the Y key and enter and wallah!

Gideon

Magic?

Put the desired statement in between .

Edit: And remove the asterisks.

truejedi

Then type in Format C:

you're right! it really does work!

smile

Red Nemesis
That was very mean.

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't even reformat the drive- there's supposed to be a warning for if you try that?

Also: Isn't it supposed to be "hit /y and enter"?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
That was very mean.

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't even reformat the drive- there's supposed to be a warning for if you try that?

Also: Isn't it supposed to be "hit /y and enter"?

Um....No?

But feel free to try it RH, and report your results.

Ms.Marvel

Then type in Format C:

**** YOU. **** YOU. **** YOU. **** YOU YOU ****ING PIECE OF SHIT. IM GOING TO ****ING GET YOU BANNED.

nah. smile

thatd be pretty messed up though ! =P

Darth Truculent
Midi-Chlorians are the number per cell count. So, Vader in the body armor still is super strong regardless.

Red Nemesis
**** YOU. **** YOU. **** YOU. **** YOU YOU ****ING PIECE OF SHIT. IM GOING TO ****ING GET YOU BANNED.

Red Nemesis
The word I was saying was pronounced 'Fuk.'

Anakin4Ever
Man, you guys never stay on the topic.

Lord Lucien
After several years of doing this, it's hard to.

Wolverine2179
I'm pretty pissed right now. Why is it that everybody thinks Darth Vader, when he gets trapped in his life support suit, is stronger than Anakin in Revenge of the Sith?

Your confusing force potential and force mastery Young anakin.

Vader is stronger becuase he studied the dark side for nearly 20 years and that being said his strength in the force and mastery grew.

He as anakin as of ROTS was not as masterful nor was he as strong in the force(due to lack of mastery and control) as his later self but at that point of time he had higher force potential.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
The word I was saying was pronounced 'Fuk.'

Reported.

Slash_KMC
Man, you guys never stay on the topic.

You started this:

Red Nemesis
Reported.

That doesn't help me at all.

Slash_KMC
I'm going for the good of the forums, we can't have people swearing here so much now can we?

Except for me.

Allankles
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Midi-Chlorians are the number per cell count. So, Vader in the body armor still is super strong regardless.

Read this quote Anakin4ever. Midichlorian count is based on concentration per cell.

So Vader's midichlorian count remained the same.

That's why many prefer Palpatine's explanation in RODV. Vader had the same potential just not the will to achieve it (through the dark side), he never fully came to terms with the consequences of his decisions in ROTS.

Vader was more powerful than Anakin though (greater mastery over the force), although he never reached his full potential because of psychological hang ups.

Darth_Glentract

Vader allowed Luke to beat him. And don't forget that time at the Jedi Temple was also spent learning simple school things. Luke's training was supposed to make him into a weapon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.